Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,771 members, 7,820,706 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:55 PM

Nigeria Unsafe, Allow NYSC Members Serve In Home States – Afenifere Tells Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Unsafe, Allow NYSC Members Serve In Home States – Afenifere Tells Buhari (9438 Views)

Protests: Buhari Despatches Cabinet Members To Home States / Coronavirus: Rivers Sends 150 Non-Indigene Vagrants To Their Home States / PDP Shuns Ogun State As Buhari, Atiku Hit Home States To Woo Voters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Unsafe, Allow NYSC Members Serve In Home States – Afenifere Tells Buhari by valentineuwakwe(m): 10:36pm On Sep 27, 2021
Afenifere has advised the President Muhammadu Buhari administration to allow National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) members to serve in their home states.

The National Publicity Secretary, Jere Ajayi made the call in a statement on Monday.

Apex Yoruba organization said the insecurity in Nigeria required that adjustments be made where necessary.

The body regretted how corps members were asked to inform their people to prepare ransom in case they were kidnapped while travelling.

“What else could underscore the unfortunate level to which insecurity in the country has fallen? It is in this respect that Afenifere calls for the NYSC to allow youth corpers to serve the nation in their respective states at least for now.”

Afenifere noted that the federal government’s handling of kidnapping has emboldened the perpetrators to continue in their dastardly acts.

Commending the military’s efforts, Afenifere said terrorists appear to be more expanding going by the submission of Humanitarian Affairs Minister, Sadiya Farouq, that over 330,000 Nigerians are in neighbouring countries due to insurgency and banditry.

“We call on the government to immediately allow states to transform their respective security networks into state police with all the powers appertaining thereto”, Ajayi added.

Source: https://dailypost.ng/2021/09/27/nigeria-unsafe-allow-nysc-members-serve-in-home-states-afenifere-to-buhari-govt/

26 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Nigeria Unsafe, Allow NYSC Members Serve In Home States – Afenifere Tells Buhari by chinjo(m): 11:06pm On Sep 27, 2021
The government's thirst for the blood of innocent Nigerians will not allow them to listen to wise councel.

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Unsafe, Allow NYSC Members Serve In Home States – Afenifere Tells Buhari by pennywys(m): 11:25pm On Sep 27, 2021
The advice is against Buhari mission, his quest is to use his bandits brothers and kill all christians and then implement Sharia law thereafter

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Unsafe, Allow NYSC Members Serve In Home States – Afenifere Tells Buhari by Judybash93(m): 4:43am On Sep 28, 2021
Yes. They should allow them serve in their various states due to the rate of insecurity in the country at the moment.

27 Likes

Re: Nigeria Unsafe, Allow NYSC Members Serve In Home States – Afenifere Tells Buhari by Emyogalanya: 4:45am On Sep 28, 2021
Nice one. The purpose of this scheme has been lost a long time ago. The fg just uses fear of not getting a (non existent) job, without NYSC certificate to hold people to Ransome. Fg is only lucky people have not discovered. Their plan if not you will see people opt against serving. Check out all the cream de la cream of Nigeria, they rather look for letter of exempt. They allow lower animals to fight over nysc cert. Well would you blame them,? Of course not their lives depend on alawee. oh my father why were you forming good citizen, when men were taking position, you stood in the son to vote, I stood too. But this standings in the sun to vote ends with me. It's like the common man , from birth was programmed to stand in the sun and vote
This bbn generation will soon wake up to see their children standing in the sun at campaign venues, for the children of our current political leaders. *runs out before they stab me for mentioning bbn*

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Unsafe, Allow NYSC Members Serve In Home States – Afenifere Tells Buhari by ATEAMS: 4:49am On Sep 28, 2021
Ok
Re: Nigeria Unsafe, Allow NYSC Members Serve In Home States – Afenifere Tells Buhari by adajoe555: 4:49am On Sep 28, 2021
Unfortunately he won't yield to good advice, because of his taste for innocent blood undecided

They should scrap the system, it's of no benefit.

7 Likes

Re: Nigeria Unsafe, Allow NYSC Members Serve In Home States – Afenifere Tells Buhari by dasparrow: 4:52am On Sep 28, 2021
I agree with Afenifere. THe insecurity in Nigeria is too much so corpers should not be made to risk their lives traveling to faraway states just to serve. So many corpers have lost their lives in car accidents just trying to get to camp. It should not be so. Left for me alone, I will say scrap NYSC altogether and give university graduates money so that they can start a business of their choice.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Unsafe, Allow NYSC Members Serve In Home States – Afenifere Tells Buhari by CallmeGideon: 4:56am On Sep 28, 2021
That's true, Boko people should serve in their Boko Haram ravaged states rather going to another state and sacrificing people from the south to die for what they created by themselves. Alahu Kaboom people.

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Unsafe, Allow NYSC Members Serve In Home States – Afenifere Tells Buhari by enemyofprogress: 5:08am On Sep 28, 2021
The best option, but the useless man will not listen. He only listens to and co

7 Likes

Re: Nigeria Unsafe, Allow NYSC Members Serve In Home States – Afenifere Tells Buhari by saferoom: 5:15am On Sep 28, 2021
Good

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Unsafe, Allow NYSC Members Serve In Home States – Afenifere Tells Buhari by parzdor(m): 5:16am On Sep 28, 2021
Qa
Re: Nigeria Unsafe, Allow NYSC Members Serve In Home States – Afenifere Tells Buhari by Ikillbrokehoes(m): 5:35am On Sep 28, 2021
This should be the best option since NIGERIA isn't safe anymore
Re: Nigeria Unsafe, Allow NYSC Members Serve In Home States – Afenifere Tells Buhari by KoleDgreat2020(m): 5:40am On Sep 28, 2021
I fully support this, but our northern Leaders will never agree to this, if u did ur NYSC in d North, u will find out that, they depend on southern corpers for many things like educating their children, treating their own etc. Sorry to say this, many northern graduates have nothing to offer..

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Unsafe, Allow NYSC Members Serve In Home States – Afenifere Tells Buhari by MajorOvakporaye(f): 5:42am On Sep 28, 2021
Useless failed country

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Unsafe, Allow NYSC Members Serve In Home States – Afenifere Tells Buhari by wildernessVoice: 5:44am On Sep 28, 2021
dasparrow:
I agree with Afenifere. THe insecurity in Nigeria is too much so corpers should not be made to risk their lives traveling to faraway states just to serve. So many corpers have lost their lives in car accidents just trying to get to camp. It should not be so. Left for me alone, I will say scrap NYSC altogether and give university graduates money so that they can start a business of their choice.

What type of business.
I'll support skill acquisition training after graduation that will make our youth self enterprising.
Re: Nigeria Unsafe, Allow NYSC Members Serve In Home States – Afenifere Tells Buhari by orisa37: 5:51am On Sep 28, 2021
SUPPORTED.

This will develop State Economy to a very large extent.

Yes. AFENIFERE is a GENIUS.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Unsafe, Allow NYSC Members Serve In Home States – Afenifere Tells Buhari by orisa37: 6:01am On Sep 28, 2021
NIGERIA EXPIRED IN 2014, BUHARI'S GOVERNMENT IS INVALID. AFENIFERE AND OHANAEZE SHOULD INSIST ON RESTRUCTURING.
Re: Nigeria Unsafe, Allow NYSC Members Serve In Home States – Afenifere Tells Buhari by orisa37: 6:05am On Sep 28, 2021
NIGERIA EXPIRED IN 2014, BUHARI'S GOVERNMENT IS INVALID. AFENIFERE AND OHANAEZE SHOULD INSIST ON RESTRUCTURING. 2023 IS A NON EVENT
AND A FRAUD WITHOUTT RESTRUCTURING.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Unsafe, Allow NYSC Members Serve In Home States – Afenifere Tells Buhari by fasho01(m): 6:06am On Sep 28, 2021
Temporarily, that's a sound alternative. No point dying unfortunately for an unfortunate country
Re: Nigeria Unsafe, Allow NYSC Members Serve In Home States – Afenifere Tells Buhari by AntiBMC(m): 6:07am On Sep 28, 2021
They removed the option for graduates to choose where they want to serve for a reason. This is an evil govt without any empathy. Best thing for graduates is to ignore the damned thing. They won't die if they don't serve.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Unsafe, Allow NYSC Members Serve In Home States – Afenifere Tells Buhari by Aganju849: 6:15am On Sep 28, 2021
valentineuwakwe:

Source: https://dailypost.ng/2021/09/27/nigeria-unsafe-allow-nysc-members-serve-in-home-states-afenifere-to-buhari-govt/

This is arguably the worst period to be in the NYSC program. The agency itself has explicitly warned corps members to get ready to be kidnapped.
Re: Nigeria Unsafe, Allow NYSC Members Serve In Home States – Afenifere Tells Buhari by Trustedpronet: 6:26am On Sep 28, 2021
The corruption going on under the NYSC management will not allow them to listen. To me i dont see the need for nysc in the north.
Re: Nigeria Unsafe, Allow NYSC Members Serve In Home States – Afenifere Tells Buhari by Simplebeauty: 6:26am On Sep 28, 2021
grin
Re: Nigeria Unsafe, Allow NYSC Members Serve In Home States – Afenifere Tells Buhari by Crossroad1(m): 6:30am On Sep 28, 2021
Not possible, aboki can't pay ransom according to that NYSC book in circulation..
Shey na aboki wey never chop u go come kidnap..
This country is messed up.. I have up on the NYSC scheme when I read what was written in their book
Re: Nigeria Unsafe, Allow NYSC Members Serve In Home States – Afenifere Tells Buhari by Winters23: 6:38am On Sep 28, 2021
Good point
Re: Nigeria Unsafe, Allow NYSC Members Serve In Home States – Afenifere Tells Buhari by Tonytonex(m): 6:46am On Sep 28, 2021
Will he listen? This one that doesn't mean well for the youth. I love Nairalanders. Sound minds.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Unsafe, Allow NYSC Members Serve In Home States – Afenifere Tells Buhari by free2ryhme: 6:48am On Sep 28, 2021
valentineuwakwe:

If this suggestion is implemented some states no go even get corpers because them no dey gree go school for some states shocked shocked

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Unsafe, Allow NYSC Members Serve In Home States – Afenifere Tells Buhari by danny6ix(m): 6:54am On Sep 28, 2021
All these would still fall on deaf ears. Nigeria is not a real place.

Ps: I have a 2 month old bench grinder (filing machine) for sale. It’s still in perfect condition
WhatsApp: 08 170 8833 73
Re: Nigeria Unsafe, Allow NYSC Members Serve In Home States – Afenifere Tells Buhari by Dididrumz(m): 6:55am On Sep 28, 2021
I wish.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Samuel Ortom: Herdsmen From Libya, Mali, Others Still Killing Peole In Benue / Customs Didn’t Cause Rice Buyers’ Deaths At Lagos Office – Spokesperson / Attention!!!!!!!!!!!Any Correlation Btw The Hate For Jonathan And That For Igbos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.