Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,910 members, 7,835,034 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:39 AM

Major Oseni Sues Nigerian Army, FCMB For ₦2 Billion - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Major Oseni Sues Nigerian Army, FCMB For ₦2 Billion (21819 Views)

Tinubu's UK Campaign Posters: Is He Running For The Mayor Of London? Rufai Oseni / Oseni Rufai Grills Jibrin Over Tinubu's Source Of Wealth, Age, Bullion Vans / Emmanuel Omale Sues FCMB For N5 Billion Over False Report (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Major Oseni Sues Nigerian Army, FCMB For ₦2 Billion by ccollins(m): 5:34am On Sep 28, 2021
dmi2052:
I know Oga Oseni (Saint Oseni Oluomo) very well when he served @ S&T barracks in Benin. He hails from Lagos state. He is a very easy going officer that was loved by all young soldiers and even civilians. I am very sure there is more to this, so please let’s not castigate him yet. God please vindicate him �
don't say more drivel and annoying words.can't you comprehend that even the so called major you know said it himself that he and 3 other officers tortured a young junior officer to death.can't the barbaric and evil major consider that the junior soldier is a human like him who is also created in God's own image. in the army barracks; is "drilling" now a recognized punishment under international best practices for army rules and customs.is the lance corporal not supposed to be arraigned before a court martial and at best, tried before his superiors and resentenced for any ignominy and offence he committed. As a matter of fact, Nigerian soldiers and the political elites should learn to do what is just and appropriate in secret and in the open, when foreigners think we are lawless, savage and inhuman, we need to change that reputation n image. The bigoted major can take one's life but he can't give anyone life.nonsense

3 Likes

Re: Major Oseni Sues Nigerian Army, FCMB For ₦2 Billion by udemzyudex(m): 5:38am On Sep 28, 2021
DubaiLandLord2:
Idiot!!

You tortured someone to death, you deserve to be torture to death too.

Did you even read the post before commenting?

Why is he the only one serving the jail term, he is a zombie, soldiers are zombies they follow orders even the one they don't like.

1 Like

Re: Major Oseni Sues Nigerian Army, FCMB For ₦2 Billion by wildernessVoice: 5:39am On Sep 28, 2021
I know the officer went extreme but read in between the line; the injustice of discharging others who drilled the death officer. What has detention got to do with freezing of account denying his family upkeep.
Re: Major Oseni Sues Nigerian Army, FCMB For ₦2 Billion by system21: 5:39am On Sep 28, 2021
Why did army release other soldiers that was involved in the drilling

1 Like

Re: Major Oseni Sues Nigerian Army, FCMB For ₦2 Billion by udemzyudex(m): 5:40am On Sep 28, 2021
ccollins:
don't say more drivel and annoying words.can't you comprehend that even the so called major you know said it himself that he and 3 other officers tortured a young junior officer to death.can't the barbaric and evil major consider that the junior soldier is a human like him who is also created in God's own image. in the army barracks; is "drilling" now a recognized punishment under international best practices for army rules and customs.is the lance corporal not supposed to be arraigned before a court martial and at best, tried before his superiors and resentenced for any ignominy and offence he committed. As a matter of fact, Nigerian soldiers and the political elites should learn to do what is just and appropriate in secret and in the open, when foreigners think we are lawless, savage and inhuman, we need to change that reputation n image. The bigoted major can take one's life but he can't give anyone life.nonsense

Stop being emotional about it, go back and read the post with open mind, was he the only one that drill the junior officer? Why is he the only one in jail?
Re: Major Oseni Sues Nigerian Army, FCMB For ₦2 Billion by ccollins(m): 5:47am On Sep 28, 2021
udemzyudex:

Stop being emotional about it, go back and read the post with open mind, was he the only one that drill the junior officer? Why is he the only one in jail?
he didn't mention the identity of other unknown officers so there's no certainty that there were other officials together with him who killed an armless soldier.besides death sentence or life imprisonment is always the deserved punishment for a murderer. Its still an anomaly that the over zealous major was sentenced for only 10 years. I know if he had tried this nonsense in saner climes like USA, he would be in prison all his life.

3 Likes

Re: Major Oseni Sues Nigerian Army, FCMB For ₦2 Billion by vineyardfarms: 5:52am On Sep 28, 2021
@ oseni - human in an animal skin, you desvered death for killing a fellow soldier. Riot in jail, 10 years too light a sentence, animal

1 Like

Re: Major Oseni Sues Nigerian Army, FCMB For ₦2 Billion by 1972xy: 5:58am On Sep 28, 2021
Stupid Major ! You gonna be rotten in prison.
When you were given order to drill somebody why couldn't you applied your senses. Bleep you. You drilled somebody until he died and yet you are running mouth.
You are not suppose to be alive by now.
Mother fucker

1 Like

Re: Major Oseni Sues Nigerian Army, FCMB For ₦2 Billion by 1972xy: 6:04am On Sep 28, 2021
udemzyudex:

He was the most senior officer...he was asked to drilled the corporal -drilling is a form of punishment.
Must you have to punished somebody until he died.
He delegated the job to some junior officer...the junior officer kept obeying him to carry on until the man died.

3 Likes

Re: Major Oseni Sues Nigerian Army, FCMB For ₦2 Billion by Odidigboigbo(m): 6:06am On Sep 28, 2021
ccollins:
he didn't mention the identity of other unknown officers so there's no certainty that there were other officials together with him who killed an armless soldier.besides death sentence or life imprisonment is always the deserved punishment for a murderer. Its still an anomaly that the over zealous major was sentenced for only 10 years. I know if he had tried this nonsense in saner climes like USA, he would be in prison all his life.
You forget the possibility of the diseased officer having internal ailments before the "drilling". It could be that it was only two or three Barton that they hits him and he collapsed and died. Pray, not devil remember you. In my office, someone was sacked recently for watching YouTube (not even in an official hour), this is what others has been doing freely even during working hours.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Major Oseni Sues Nigerian Army, FCMB For ₦2 Billion by Idorl: 6:19am On Sep 28, 2021
DubaiLandLord2:
Idiot!!

I think no major will drill a junior, he will send someone instead. Think before you talk
Re: Major Oseni Sues Nigerian Army, FCMB For ₦2 Billion by Edoreborn: 6:19am On Sep 28, 2021
Hmmm,,this guy ehhnn...His father was d late oniba of iba..learnt his father died as a result of ds case...
Re: Major Oseni Sues Nigerian Army, FCMB For ₦2 Billion by Aganju849: 6:20am On Sep 28, 2021
DoggoneDogg:
By News Agency of Nigeria

Source: Peoples Gazette

Look at this hopeless bastard, someone that should've been executed but he's now filing lawsuits up and down

Bastard

1 Like

Re: Major Oseni Sues Nigerian Army, FCMB For ₦2 Billion by Jaqenhghar: 6:31am On Sep 28, 2021
This is what " obey ( foolishly) before complain " leads to. I hope his compatriots in this forum are reading and learning what having a houseboy mindset can do to you.

3 Likes

Re: Major Oseni Sues Nigerian Army, FCMB For ₦2 Billion by Nobody: 6:42am On Sep 28, 2021
Idorl:

I think no major will drill a junior, he will send someone instead. Think before you talk
I hate it when fool!sh things like you quote me.

He sent someone, but he is the one sentence to 10 years in jail. Do you even have a brain at all? Where in that article did he even say he sent someone?

Please carry your rubbish comot my front.
Re: Major Oseni Sues Nigerian Army, FCMB For ₦2 Billion by udemzyudex(m): 6:42am On Sep 28, 2021
1972xy:
He was the most senior officer...he was asked to drilled the corporal -drilling is a form of punishment.
Must you have to punished somebody until he died.
He delegated the job to some junior officer...the junior officer kept obeying him to carry on until the man died.

So what's your point? Who sent the senior officer to drill the corporal?
Re: Major Oseni Sues Nigerian Army, FCMB For ₦2 Billion by udemzyudex(m): 6:42am On Sep 28, 2021
ccollins:

Go back and read the full post.
Re: Major Oseni Sues Nigerian Army, FCMB For ₦2 Billion by ccollins(m): 6:45am On Sep 28, 2021
Odidigboigbo:
You forget the possibility of the diseased officer having internal ailments before the "drilling". It could be that it was only two or three Barton that they hits him and he collapsed and died. Pray, not devil remember you. In my office, someone was sacked recently for watching YouTube (not even in an official hour), this is what others has been doing freely even during working hours.
that's quite feasible, we pray a times against misfortune, I was once dismissed from my pop as a nysc corper for telling my former boss half-truth about a situation which I indeed did innocently as the person who could have brought the whole truth out told me not to disturb her or contact her. The point here is that the major deserves the predicament he is facing due to his insensitivity which lead to murder and not because the lance corporal was probably malnourished or sick. How does the medieval abhorrent way of beating an adult like you ameliorate the problem. A normal military would not see beating up someone as a deterrent towards preempting the person from jail breaking again.

1 Like

Re: Major Oseni Sues Nigerian Army, FCMB For ₦2 Billion by debetmx(m): 6:47am On Sep 28, 2021
dmi2052:
I know Oga Oseni (Saint Oseni Oluomo) very well when he served @ S&T barracks in Benin. He hails from Lagos state. He is a very easy going officer that was loved by all young soldiers and even civilians. I am very sure there is more to this, so please let’s not castigate him yet. God please vindicate him �

Did you read what "Saint" (demon) Oseni said, he was asked to drill (torture) another officer and he went about the task literally.

Just watch the oputa panel proceedings on YouTube and listen to how military officers went about maltreating and dehumanizing their fellow officers.

He should rot in hell and the money forfeited to the government. See im face like buhari face.

1 Like

Re: Major Oseni Sues Nigerian Army, FCMB For ₦2 Billion by Odidigboigbo(m): 7:15am On Sep 28, 2021
ccollins:
that's quite feasible, we pray a times against misfortune, I was once dismissed from my pop as a nysc corper for telling my former boss half-truth about a situation which I indeed did innocently as the person who could have brought the whole truth out told me not to disturb her or contact her. The point here is that the major deserves the predicament he is facing due to his insensitivity which lead to murder and not because the lance corporal was probably malnourished or sick. How does the medieval abhorrent way of beating an adult like you ameliorate the problem. A normal military would not see beating up someone as a deterrent towards preempting the person from jail breaking again.
But that was the order given to him by his superior? Mind you, in military obey before complain and you dear not question your superior order.
Re: Major Oseni Sues Nigerian Army, FCMB For ₦2 Billion by oyeb15: 7:54am On Sep 28, 2021
They just use him to cover the rot. The Corporal likely had a highly classified confession which could jeopardize the position of some high ranked in the army. They will use one of those guys to get a clean work done.

The grievance of not delivering for his trusted General and the one of trying to expose some other cabals has compounded his woes.

Cases like this are treated under 24/7 CCTV camera.
Re: Major Oseni Sues Nigerian Army, FCMB For ₦2 Billion by asobo1: 8:33am On Sep 28, 2021
Major DRILLER respect yourself and remain silent while serving your well deserved jail. Next time, when your superiors give you a task, if you like jonze.

2 Likes

Re: Major Oseni Sues Nigerian Army, FCMB For ₦2 Billion by pedrilo: 8:37am On Sep 28, 2021
wildernessVoice:
I know the officer went extreme but read in between the line; the injustice of discharging others who drilled the death officer. What has detention got to do with freezing of account denying his family upkeep.
His family deserves justice abi?
Oh ok, the family of the dead soldiers can go to hell abi?
Watch ur words so u dnt attracts curse to urself

2 Likes

Re: Major Oseni Sues Nigerian Army, FCMB For ₦2 Billion by uniquetechng: 9:00am On Sep 28, 2021
okwadatigbogal:
This idiot is an example of an overzealous slave! He wanted to please his superiors but it ended up backfiring. Imagine killing your fellow soldier because of oversabi! God punish your Major Oseni....
He was set up by those northerners and I am sure of it, he said the three other officers who tortured the said dead soldiers was discharged and acquited. I am sure the other three officers and from the north reason for them been discharged and acquited.
Re: Major Oseni Sues Nigerian Army, FCMB For ₦2 Billion by uniquetechng: 9:03am On Sep 28, 2021
DubaiLandLord2:
I hate it when fool!sh things like you quote me.

He sent someone, but he is the one sentence to 10 years in jail. Do you even have a brain at all? Where in that article did he even say he sent someone?

Please carry your rubbish comot my front.
That person is right, a major in the army cannot torture a corporal he will give instructions to sergeants to do just that. You can also see where he stated that the other three officers involved were discharged and acquited, probably the three sergeants who carried out the order.
Re: Major Oseni Sues Nigerian Army, FCMB For ₦2 Billion by Drahman(m): 9:08am On Sep 28, 2021
in military once an order is giving by a superior.it must be carried out effectively.

here is the true story.

Major Oseni A. aka Saint. is a peace loving officer not only to his fellow officers or order rank but to civilian at large.

on the said day, he was ordered by Major General I.M. Obot to drill Lance Corporal Benjamin Collins. which he carried out the order effectively by taking lance corporal Benjamin to Army quarter guard and handed over the lance corporal to the Army provost to carry out the instruction.

The provost officer incharge of resident police who happens to be a lieutenant also handed over the lance corporal to his subordinate orderly officer incharge of drilling a Warrant Officer who also handed over the drilling of lance corporal Benjamin to Private soldier for the drilling to be effectively carried out. (N.B. Senior officers or a Commisioned Officers in the military don't drill their juniors or order ranks themselves. it is the job of the most junior officer to carry out drilling order by implementing the physical action duely.)

Findings.
Major Akeem Oseni did not physically lay his hands on the deceased. he only saw ti an order which was given to him by General I.M Obot.

it was the private soldier that did the drilling and in the process lance corporal Benjamin lost his life.

Army court martial only major Akeem Oseni. they never court martialed
1.General I.M Obot.
2. The OC Provost (lieutenant).
3. The Orderly provost supervisor RSM (Warrant Officer).
4. Private Soldier RP(driller).

The above four military officers and personnel are still serving in the ARMY till date.

The family/Parent of late Lance Corporal Benjamin Collins wrote to the ARMY asking them to forget about the case because they have forgiven those involved.

Nigeria Army decided not to terminate the case because they said they wanted justice for the late lance corporal Benjamin.

Now if really the ARMY want justice why court martial only one person and sentence him to 10years imprisonment out of 5officers and personnel.

This is a case of witch hunting by some cabals in the ARMY. cos I see no justice here.

After jailing him they still went ahead without warrant to search his private house and confiscate his properties and block his personal account when the said officer has appealed his case in a civil court for justice.

They are just tempering with his right and I believe justice will be served to the ARMY in the civil court.

1 Like

Re: Major Oseni Sues Nigerian Army, FCMB For ₦2 Billion by AkaraAndBread: 9:26am On Sep 28, 2021
kokoA:
Rot in jail Major.. You know road to court now abi.. Same people that asked you to "drill" him threw you in jail.. Use sense do work una no go hear.

Don't mind the stupid Zombies. This should win an award for Comment of the Day.

Re: Major Oseni Sues Nigerian Army, FCMB For ₦2 Billion by ComeToJesus: 9:28am On Sep 28, 2021
This is the kind of beasts that they produce in the NDA. Such a breeding ground for brute and uncivilized characters.

Nigerian uniform men are neanderthals who are always angry with themselves, with civilians and with successful young men.

1 Like

Re: Major Oseni Sues Nigerian Army, FCMB For ₦2 Billion by 1759ademola(m): 9:38am On Sep 28, 2021
DubaiLandLord2:
Idiot!!

So they should allow the Corporal to go for Jailbreaking abi. Oponu.
Re: Major Oseni Sues Nigerian Army, FCMB For ₦2 Billion by Nobody: 9:43am On Sep 28, 2021
1759ademola:

So they should allow the Corporal to go for Jailbreaking abi. Oponu.
You must have inherited this fool!shness and daftness from your stup!d father grin

When is toturing the punishment for jailbreaking? Can you see how fool!sh your dad is for not training you well?

Olofo Omo!

I won't read your next dull comment not to talk of replying... Son of a dirty bitch!

He could have been court martial, and jail, or be kicked out of the army
Re: Major Oseni Sues Nigerian Army, FCMB For ₦2 Billion by Nobody: 9:51am On Sep 28, 2021
Most of the comments here are quite worrisome. Much as I agree that justice is ever fair when necessitated, does it however not bother the lot of you that out of the four officers sent on that errand, three were discharged and acquitted while just one, who conveniently happens to be a 'Southern Major' had to bear the consequences? I'm not particularly playing the ethnic card here, but can we settle down a bit and ask the right questions?

Who were the other officers? Why should he take punishments for the collective mistake of four people? On what grounds were the others let go and why wasn't same leniency given to him? If consequences were to be dished, why didn't they all eat from the meal?

There really is more to this than we all may know but at the end of the day we just might regrettably realise that we erroneously judged and harmed our own who may have been conveniently used as a scapegoat.

Now you can all eat me!
Re: Major Oseni Sues Nigerian Army, FCMB For ₦2 Billion by Petacephas: 9:55am On Sep 28, 2021
Hmmmm. I was thinking he has a chance until I read to the end. Idiot tortured another breadwinner to death and expect to enjoy life. Rot in jail! One kobo u no go see.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Herdsmen With Ak-47 Kill Woman On Her Farm In Nimbo, Enugu / White Money Meets Ugwuanyi, Becomes “Ambassador Of Enugu State In Creative Arts” / Obi: Obasanjo Is Afraid Of Strong Characters Like Atiku & Tinubu - Lamido

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.