Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,017 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:45 AM

Insecurity: We Need Berlin Kind Of Walls At Our Borders - Navy Tells Reps - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Insecurity: We Need Berlin Kind Of Walls At Our Borders - Navy Tells Reps (19774 Views)

General Attahiru Tells Reps To Invite Ex-Service Chiefs Over Arms Procurement / Works, Finance Ministries Inflated Our Budget By N11bn, FERMA Boss Tells Reps / Why We Closed Our Borders - President Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Insecurity: We Need Berlin Kind Of Walls At Our Borders - Navy Tells Reps by BeeBeeOoh(m): 5:23am On Sep 28, 2021
ABUJA – To help stem the tide of insecurity and the proliferation of arms and ammunition in Nigeria, erecting the Berlin kind of wall between Nigeria and her neighbours is urgent­ly required, the Nigerian Navy has said.

The Navy represented by Commodore Jemila Ababkar Sadiq stated this on Monday, while participating in a public hearing on four security related bills organised by the House of Representatives Committee on National Security and Intelli­gence in Abuja.

Commodore Sadiq said most of Nigeria’s neighbours lack basic armouries to store and keep proper record of the arms donated to them by foreign gov­ernments or regional bodies to fight insurgency.

She added that soldiers of countries such as Chad sleep with unregistered weapons under their beds and sell same to make ends meet whenever the need arises.

“I was in charge as member of fight against Boko Haram and I can tell you categorically, and I stand to be corrected that some of the countries that have borders with us have no armoury. They do not have armories so most of their arms that are being donated by the developed countries in the name of assisting us to fight our problems are compounding our problems in Nigeria because you find out that each average Chadian soldier has 20 to 30 arm sunder neath his bed. When he is broke he brings it out and sells it for $30, $20. I am here, I am standing here and I am saying it.

“Since we are going to collab­orate with ECOWAS and other countries that are donating such arms to these countries, I think we should insist that they should either enact laws to govern the handling of these arms and ammunition or build armouries for these countries or else we would not see peace.

“The CCTV we are advocating in my opinion even though they say the Berlin wall has been knocked down, I think we should build walls between us and these neighbouring countries, or we should have a serious surveillance or else we would not see peace in this country, I am telling you this. I have been in that area for years, so I know what is happening,” she said.

The Navy also canvassed for the removal of the Foreign Affairs Ministry from the board of the proposed National Com­mission for the Control of Small Arms and Light Weapons, and replace it with the Ministry of Internal Affairs.

“We are contributing on small arms. The Ministry of Internal Affairs instead of Foreign Affairs should handle this same transaction. Internal affairs again should chair this commission.

“In addition to the listed agencies, we are suggesting that the armed forces be in­cluded and the immigration be included also,” she said.

Also speaking at the hear­ing, the Defence Intelligence Agency (DIA) expressed the need to regulate the activities of local blacksmiths who it said have become sophisticated in the art of fabricating firearms.

Represented by Air Commodore F. G. Okoyi, the DIA commended the proposed establishment of the commission, saying that it “would go a long way to ensure the coordination of concrete measures for effective control of small arms and light weapons in the country.”

While suggesting the appropriate supervising ministry for the commission, the Air Force officer stressed the need to regulate and integrate black smiths for effective control of small arms and light weapons in Nigeria.

“The Ministry of Defense should oversee the affairs of the commission. The cautionary attachment to blacksmith skills as well as the traditional weapons manufactured for hunting, ceremonial and ornamental purposes have remained the symbol of power and prestige in some traditional communities in Nigeria.

“However, in recent times, blacksmiths have advanced their skills and now possess the capability to manufacture assorted and sophisticated rifles such as AK-47, revolvers, pistols, improvised explosive devices, among others. This development has created the need to identify, monitor and regulate their activities. Thus, the need to scout for blacksmiths that could be integrated into the Defense Industrial Cooperation (DICON) to enable all defense industry complex exploit their talents,” he said.

https://independent.ng/insecurity-we-need-berlin-kind-of-walls-at-our-borders-navy-tells-reps/

4 Likes

Re: Insecurity: We Need Berlin Kind Of Walls At Our Borders - Navy Tells Reps by omowolewa: 5:43am On Sep 28, 2021
Yes, the
Re: Insecurity: We Need Berlin Kind Of Walls At Our Borders - Navy Tells Reps by RapistOnBail: 5:48am On Sep 28, 2021

Yes!

This is exactly what we need.

Then The President, Muhammad Buhari should be behind those walls.

That Animal is a terrorist

142 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Insecurity: We Need Berlin Kind Of Walls At Our Borders - Navy Tells Reps by Nobody: 5:48am On Sep 28, 2021
Mumu country, always wasting years on things that can be fixed within seconds.

After building Berlin wall, they discover wall of China is what they need, after that they discover they also need towers of Babel to be able to see bandits properly.

Mumu black African race.

Sometimes I wonder if it's same God that created White people and Blacks.

Shame on black people.

52 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Insecurity: We Need Berlin Kind Of Walls At Our Borders - Navy Tells Reps by punisha: 5:48am On Sep 28, 2021
The only force wey get sense.

At least they r offering practicable solutions...others are juiced up about killing citizens anyhow.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Insecurity: We Need Berlin Kind Of Walls At Our Borders - Navy Tells Reps by mactoni91(m): 5:49am On Sep 28, 2021
Posts like this... One doesn't need to read them.

We know this type of mentality can only come from a certain part of our country.
Re: Insecurity: We Need Berlin Kind Of Walls At Our Borders - Navy Tells Reps by karnafiu03(m): 5:49am On Sep 28, 2021
Berlin ko Baloon ni!

What we need right now is a man of integrity that will give us Guinea standard....all these selfish politicians should be eradicated at once!
Re: Insecurity: We Need Berlin Kind Of Walls At Our Borders - Navy Tells Reps by winterlover: 5:49am On Sep 28, 2021
Na Tokyo and Helsinki dem for go call.
Yeye country.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Insecurity: We Need Berlin Kind Of Walls At Our Borders - Navy Tells Reps by Sonnobax15(m): 5:50am On Sep 28, 2021
grin
And we also need the professor and all his crew to start up a heist against the insurgency tongue

Mumu people.
Re: Insecurity: We Need Berlin Kind Of Walls At Our Borders - Navy Tells Reps by illicit(m): 5:51am On Sep 28, 2021
Between the north and south too....

3 Likes

Re: Insecurity: We Need Berlin Kind Of Walls At Our Borders - Navy Tells Reps by fasho01(m): 5:51am On Sep 28, 2021
Incompetent folks
Re: Insecurity: We Need Berlin Kind Of Walls At Our Borders - Navy Tells Reps by Ekpekus(m): 5:52am On Sep 28, 2021

And after that, what next? Would that fix the internal insecurity situation? Would that ensure that the judiciary expedite hearing and sentence the guilty ones? Would that help with a national database for easy tracking and identification if criminals? Would that stop the arms smuggling?

Abegiii...
Re: Insecurity: We Need Berlin Kind Of Walls At Our Borders - Navy Tells Reps by Antoeni(m): 5:52am On Sep 28, 2021
Just see the way Parents are Struggling to Pay their Daughters Hostel Fee, Funny Enough this Girls Don't Even Sleep there.

8 Likes

Re: Insecurity: We Need Berlin Kind Of Walls At Our Borders - Navy Tells Reps by AfroKnight: 5:53am On Sep 28, 2021
So they will borrow how many billions to build the wall and install CCTV?

I won’t be surprised if they start construction from SW and SE, forgetting to build any wall in the terror-ravaged North where they need it. Cos they won’t want to disrupt the free immigration of more Fulanis into Nigeria.

4 Likes

Re: Insecurity: We Need Berlin Kind Of Walls At Our Borders - Navy Tells Reps by Chimdoo: 5:53am On Sep 28, 2021
Laughable wall that bandit will use bulldozer to bring down and nothing will happen
Re: Insecurity: We Need Berlin Kind Of Walls At Our Borders - Navy Tells Reps by IdJack(m): 5:54am On Sep 28, 2021
Are they serious.

Have you visited my signature today?
Re: Insecurity: We Need Berlin Kind Of Walls At Our Borders - Navy Tells Reps by b3llo(m): 5:54am On Sep 28, 2021
Shameless government armed thug
Re: Insecurity: We Need Berlin Kind Of Walls At Our Borders - Navy Tells Reps by Ppogbae: 5:54am On Sep 28, 2021
The Foolanis will not accept it

1 Like

Re: Insecurity: We Need Berlin Kind Of Walls At Our Borders - Navy Tells Reps by saheedbadmus(m): 5:55am On Sep 28, 2021
Abi walls like the grate wall of China
Re: Insecurity: We Need Berlin Kind Of Walls At Our Borders - Navy Tells Reps by Providence2020(m): 5:55am On Sep 28, 2021
Even if them build wall for "Attack on Titan" the evil is already inside.

If not for the childish tendency of Abuja to micromanage everything from Abuja, we need State Police, how can we copy the american presidential system and yet not copy the security architecture of a developed society, security is supposed to be locally managed by communities, cities and States. The Military can be Exclusively Federal I don't think they were ever needed inside the country,

Sometimes I vex whenever I wonder why this country lacks coordination. Is it that Black people can't create a Superpower nation? Like it or not but Nigeria is in the Centre of the Black Race. Unfortunately selfish leaders have taken advantage of the mostly illiterate masses to forge this contraption we're enduring since 1960.

I know it's just a matter of time, A Golden generation of Nigerians will Purge this system, and Prosecute all former presidents, governor's and lawmakers. I know the awareness will come, even in the North. As far as smartphones exist, the education and awareness go reach everyone, when we don tire we go fix am

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Insecurity: We Need Berlin Kind Of Walls At Our Borders - Navy Tells Reps by AntiBMC(m): 5:55am On Sep 28, 2021
Lol, so that bubu first cousins won't be able to enter Nigeria? No na. He opened all northern borders and allowed visa-free entry, so they can all come in freely and destroy the lives of indigenous people. He is even building a railway to provide free transportation for every Fulani terrorist in Niger to smoothly slide into Nigeria.

So that Berlin Wall idea is dead on arrival for the terr0rists in Aso Rock.

1 Like

Re: Insecurity: We Need Berlin Kind Of Walls At Our Borders - Navy Tells Reps by jimmyolasun: 5:56am On Sep 28, 2021
The only solution is to break that bridge linking north to south then watch how everywhere go dey calm..
Re: Insecurity: We Need Berlin Kind Of Walls At Our Borders - Navy Tells Reps by Crossroad1(m): 5:56am On Sep 28, 2021
Buhari and his goons are just senseless opportunist who has access to money, resources and power but lacks direction, business sense and will power to make things work...
Re: Insecurity: We Need Berlin Kind Of Walls At Our Borders - Navy Tells Reps by wale0911: 5:58am On Sep 28, 2021
Build a wall and stop the war. But beyond that, fix the economy and create jobs. People are hungry and dying, a wall may mean very little to the masses who would die from hunger, sickness and what have you. Act now!
Re: Insecurity: We Need Berlin Kind Of Walls At Our Borders - Navy Tells Reps by 111sunshine: 5:58am On Sep 28, 2021
Gratefulheart1:

After building Berlin wall, they discover wall of China is what they need, after that they discover they also need towers of Babel to be able to see bandits properly.

Mumu black African race.

Shame on black people.

its the same God... walls are not outdated...even citizens builds walls around their properties...the USA is building walls on their borders with Mexico as I type.

1 Like

Re: Insecurity: We Need Berlin Kind Of Walls At Our Borders - Navy Tells Reps by OrdinaryNigeria(m): 5:59am On Sep 28, 2021
Kot

Noo.

We rather build rail to maradi for quicker supply of those weapons to our enemies
Re: Insecurity: We Need Berlin Kind Of Walls At Our Borders - Navy Tells Reps by gambia(m): 5:59am On Sep 28, 2021
Another way to cash out

1 Like

Re: Insecurity: We Need Berlin Kind Of Walls At Our Borders - Navy Tells Reps by puremaker7(m): 5:59am On Sep 28, 2021
Gratefulheart1:

Mumu black African race.

Sometimes I wonder if it's same God that created White people and Blacks

Shame on black people.
Na the same God just that he created them better.

1 Like

Re: Insecurity: We Need Berlin Kind Of Walls At Our Borders - Navy Tells Reps by yudee233: 6:00am On Sep 28, 2021
Madam Navy just pray GMB should not read this post or …
Re: Insecurity: We Need Berlin Kind Of Walls At Our Borders - Navy Tells Reps by Mgtow8: 6:03am On Sep 28, 2021
I can assure you it's different gods ,we are closer to baboons ..bitter truth
Gratefulheart1:

Mumu black African race.

Shame on black people.

3 Likes

Re: Insecurity: We Need Berlin Kind Of Walls At Our Borders - Navy Tells Reps by Nobody: 6:05am On Sep 28, 2021
111sunshine:

its the same God... walls are not outdated...even citizens builds walls around their properties...the USA is building walls on their borders with Mexico as I type.

That's for countries which have something tangible to achieve, not a country like Nigeria.

All what we have on ground already, what have we achieved with them? Build steel Jericho walls for Nigeria, nothing still gonna change. We only like deceiving ourselves.

After building Berlin wall for years, same Navy will come back to say they're not trained for asymmetrical warfare, after doing that again, they'll still find something to fault.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Thabo Mbeki Led Commonwealth Observer Team Visit Atiku / Presidency Moves To Repair Apapa Road / Why We Didn’t Confirm Magu, By Saraki

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.