Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,927 members, 7,821,249 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:24 AM

Nigerian Celebrities Should Learn From R.kelly Trauma -- OAP Michael Effiong - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Nigerian Celebrities Should Learn From R.kelly Trauma -- OAP Michael Effiong (316 Views)

Nancy Isime Carries Daniel Etim Effiong On Her Back On Set (Photos) / R. Kelly Accused Of Sending His Nude Photos To A 17 Yr Old Boy / Biafra: Blessing Anyim Speaks On What Celebrities Should Do (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Celebrities Should Learn From R.kelly Trauma -- OAP Michael Effiong by michaelfix(m): 7:52am On Sep 28, 2021
Popular Warri OAP Michael Effiong with Kpoko FM Warri, has advised Nigerian celebrities to learn from the legal case R.Kelly is facing. Recently the singer has been hit with a likely life-jail sentence over sexual assault and other related cases. This is what he posts on his Facebook page;

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=2349970295134286&id=100003640141554

Hard times for R.Kelly.

R. Kelly has been found guilty on all counts of sexual exploitation of a child, racketeering, and kidnapping by the court. He is likely to spend over 10 years behind bars, I don't know if his attorneys will appeal the jail term, but one thing I know is that the singer is facing a terrible time in his life.

In March 2019, in an interview with Gayle King, the embattled singer, cried as he denied the charges laid on him. I remember, I and my colleagues in radio x-raying if his tears were to raise sympathy or he was actually guilty.

Since 2019, I've been following his trial and with more than 40 witnesses testifying against him with similar testimonies, I know it will be difficult for him to survive. Just last week his attorney stylishly liken the case of the embattled singer to that of Martin Luther King Jr., I know he was just playing a pity game.

One thing I will say about him is that he was exposed to sex in an early stage. At 8, he was sexually abused by an older family member, even till 14 years. I ain't trying to defend him, but just telling you about the human factor. Also, his alleged marriage to Aaliyah at an early age didn't help him in this case.

Since 2019, some radio stations in the US have stopped playing his songs, and that is life for us. I think our Nigerian celebrities should learn from R.Kelly's trauma. Be careful of how you use your stardom. You can escape in Nigeria due to our faulty system,but not in advance climes.

May we never fall when we reach our dream.�

Re: Nigerian Celebrities Should Learn From R.kelly Trauma -- OAP Michael Effiong by Fahdiga(m): 7:57am On Sep 28, 2021
No human is perfect but R Kelly bleeped up big time. He will be wishing to turn back the hands of time

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

I Do Not Think There Will Be Any Relationship Between Me And Queen – Whitemoney / Wizkid Fans Go Crazy As DJ Played Davido Song During MIL Concert In Texas / Things You Don't Know About BRODA Shaggi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.