Stats: 3,151,554 members, 7,812,778 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:10 PM

La Palma: Volcano Lava Reaches Sea ( Pics, Video) - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / La Palma: Volcano Lava Reaches Sea ( Pics, Video) (30656 Views)

La Palma: Lava From Cumbre Vieja Pours Into Atlantic Ocean ( Pix, Video) / La Palma: 'World’s Luckiest House’ Miraculously Stands Alone (Pictures, Video) / La Palma Volcano Eruption Destroys 100 Homes As 500 Tourists Flee(Pix, Video) (2) (3) (4)

La Palma: Volcano Lava Reaches Sea ( Pics, Video) by Gospelpreacher1: 7:00pm On Sep 29, 2021
FIRES OF HELL: A RIVER of lava from the La Palma volcano has smashed into the sea sparking fears of toxic gas.

Dramatic images show a wall of flaming lava flowing down to the Atlantic Ocean unleashing huge clouds of steam.

Three coastal villages had been locked down since Monday in anticipation of the lava from the Cumbre Vieja volcano reaching the sea.

A security perimeter of 2.1 miles has been established and residents told to remain indoors with windows shut to avoid breathing in gases.

The emergency services have now told those outdoors to find shelter.

“When the lava reaches the sea, the lockdown must be strictly observed,” Miguel Angel Morcuende, director of the Pevolca response committee, said.

The lava from the eruption 10 days ago has formed a pyramid shape more than 150ft high in the sea and generated intense clouds of black and white smoke.

"Hardly anyone in the Canary Islands has slept and the people of La Palma have been cowering in fear with a tremendous sense of desolation," said the islands' regional head Angel Victor Torres.

He said the devastation had been vast as the lava scorched a massive furrow towards the sea, hitting the island’s banana industry and causing 400 million euros worth of damage.

"We are talking about lava flows that are 600 metres wide. In all of that area, there is nothing left, the devastation is tremendous," he said.

When lava comes into contact with the ocean, it produces a gas plume known as laze - lava and haze - through a series of chemical reactions as it boils the colder sea water.

Laze can cause eye, lung and skin irritation but should not be a problem if residents keep their distance.

"It creates a steam of hydrochloric acid, water vapour and bits of ash," volcanologist Dr Robin George Andrews told the BBC

"Obviously, it's not good to breathe in."

Lava flowing down the volcano’s western flank has destroyed more 650 buildings and forced more than 7,000 residents to be evacuated.

No deaths or serious injuries have been reported from the island's first eruption in 50 years, thanks to prompt evacuations in the first hours after the earth cracked open.

Flights to the airport on La Palma, an important tourist destination along with its neighbouring islands, remained cancelled due to a huge ash cloud of over four miles.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HgLGtf5LRiY

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/16277770/la-palma-volcano-lava-reaches-sea-toxic-gas-fears/amp/

Re: La Palma: Volcano Lava Reaches Sea ( Pics, Video) by Gospelpreacher1: 7:01pm On Sep 29, 2021

Re: La Palma: Volcano Lava Reaches Sea ( Pics, Video) by Xbee007(m): 7:10pm On Sep 29, 2021
Here we go again. Give it up for the Minister of Doom. grin grin

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: La Palma: Volcano Lava Reaches Sea ( Pics, Video) by Righteousness2(m): 7:10pm On Sep 29, 2021
GOD Have Mercy on Humanity,
Just look at what is Happening all over the world. The World is Witnessing live the shadows of the Great Tribulation.

The RAPTURE is So Imminent! It is gonna be Hell on Earth once the saints are taken away! It will be so difficult to Survive so don't even think of it
Whatever you do, whoever you are Get Ready Now! JESUS is Coming.

57 Likes 12 Shares

Re: La Palma: Volcano Lava Reaches Sea ( Pics, Video) by KiNg0G: 7:10pm On Sep 29, 2021
Righteousness2:
Y
Craze manh, dey fight for first to comment.

I fit bet with 500k, say you Nor get life outside.

42 Likes 3 Shares

Re: La Palma: Volcano Lava Reaches Sea ( Pics, Video) by Warriboy1235: 7:11pm On Sep 29, 2021
Y

Re: La Palma: Volcano Lava Reaches Sea ( Pics, Video) by oluwakayode25(m): 7:11pm On Sep 29, 2021
Crazy!

Re: La Palma: Volcano Lava Reaches Sea ( Pics, Video) by illicit(m): 7:11pm On Sep 29, 2021
Awwww it's the great tribulation shocked

Re: La Palma: Volcano Lava Reaches Sea ( Pics, Video) by seeker121(m): 7:11pm On Sep 29, 2021
Hmnnn
Re: La Palma: Volcano Lava Reaches Sea ( Pics, Video) by Osiris12: 7:11pm On Sep 29, 2021
Patiently waiting for the end time pastor of nairaland grin grin grin grin

Re: La Palma: Volcano Lava Reaches Sea ( Pics, Video) by realstars: 7:11pm On Sep 29, 2021
UKLAif all volganos errupt at once, hat will turn be fire. seehng this i just imagine what the evilous people will experience when they get there.
Re: La Palma: Volcano Lava Reaches Sea ( Pics, Video) by CondemnBattery(f): 7:11pm On Sep 29, 2021
Finally
At least the volcano can now rest.
Righteousness2 over to you

bobontop:

I Told My Wife Not To Kiss My 6-Month-Old Son On The Mouth: Am I Wrong?

My wife is fond of kissing my 6months boy in the mouth. I personally don't like this and I have told her to stop it but she refused.

Back to this fellow, cos I miss the contribution cool

You are not wrong, you are obviously mad. Nonsense

Re: La Palma: Volcano Lava Reaches Sea ( Pics, Video) by Romanoff(f): 7:11pm On Sep 29, 2021
Uncle Righteousness on pon this.

Re: La Palma: Volcano Lava Reaches Sea ( Pics, Video) by SRANport: 7:11pm On Sep 29, 2021
God is great
Re: La Palma: Volcano Lava Reaches Sea ( Pics, Video) by Scottz: 7:11pm On Sep 29, 2021
E no consine us wey de Agege oo undecided
Re: La Palma: Volcano Lava Reaches Sea ( Pics, Video) by mountmoriah(m): 7:12pm On Sep 29, 2021
Xbee007:
Here we go again. Give it up for the Minister of Doom. grin grin

Re: La Palma: Volcano Lava Reaches Sea ( Pics, Video) by marttye(f): 7:12pm On Sep 29, 2021
As the lava solidifies it will form a new landscape. that's how mountains are formed

Re: La Palma: Volcano Lava Reaches Sea ( Pics, Video) by nelszx: 7:12pm On Sep 29, 2021
Even with lava spreading they still have power
Ordinary breeze, fiam no light for one week in Nigeria

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: La Palma: Volcano Lava Reaches Sea ( Pics, Video) by InHeaven(m): 7:12pm On Sep 29, 2021
Your life revolves around posting bad news with one Monika and use your other Monika to preach what you yourself doesn't understand.

Lazy asss grown man feeding fat on tithes
U need to get a life outside this nonsense
Righteousness2:
Y

Re: La Palma: Volcano Lava Reaches Sea ( Pics, Video) by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:12pm On Sep 29, 2021
God save our world �.

We Rise.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: La Palma: Volcano Lava Reaches Sea ( Pics, Video) by ZombieBurster: 7:12pm On Sep 29, 2021
Righteousness2:
Just look at what is Happening all over the world. The World is Witnessing live the shadows of the Great Tribulation.
RAPTURE is So Imminent! It is gonna be Hell on Earth! It will be so difficult to Survive so don't even think of it
Whatever you do, whoever you are Get Ready Now! JESUS is Coming.

These things have been happening even when Jesus was on Earth so which one again

Which kind Pastor you be sef

Re: La Palma: Volcano Lava Reaches Sea ( Pics, Video) by Nobody: 7:12pm On Sep 29, 2021
Re: La Palma: Volcano Lava Reaches Sea ( Pics, Video) by BossKingRex(m): 7:13pm On Sep 29, 2021
To those who deny the existence of God Almighty Jehovah, may this lava flow bring you to shame!!
Re: La Palma: Volcano Lava Reaches Sea ( Pics, Video) by Princeadebayo11(m): 7:13pm On Sep 29, 2021
All these people typing T, v s to claim frontpage are really mad ooo

Re: La Palma: Volcano Lava Reaches Sea ( Pics, Video) by BossKingRex(m): 7:14pm On Sep 29, 2021
Re: La Palma: Volcano Lava Reaches Sea ( Pics, Video) by Reference(m): 7:14pm On Sep 29, 2021
Hmmm..... no sleep there be dat or you might not wake up lai lai.
Chlorine asphyxiation is a nasty way to die.
Re: La Palma: Volcano Lava Reaches Sea ( Pics, Video) by Generalwoodz(m): 7:16pm On Sep 29, 2021
I want to swim in that sea..but I Don't have money to travel...who has and want to borrow me some money? Pls lend me. I just want to go and swim and come back. I promise never to run away with your money
Re: La Palma: Volcano Lava Reaches Sea ( Pics, Video) by Prayfortheworld: 7:18pm On Sep 29, 2021
Righteousness2:
The World is Witnessing live the shadows of the Great Tribulation.
RAPTURE is So Imminent!
Whatever you do, whoever you are Get Ready! JESUS is Coming.
My gee always remind them, this is end time and only God can save us not man. Alot is going on lately that's the sign of end time
Preach the word of God without season

God bless you

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: La Palma: Volcano Lava Reaches Sea ( Pics, Video) by TriCee: 7:19pm On Sep 29, 2021
E no dey finish? The lava must have been 'boiling' for decades

Man Goes Unclad To Celebrate Zambian President's Election Victory.PICS / Raila Odinga Swears Himself In As Kenya 'President' / The 25 Most Miserable Places In The World