Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,148 members, 7,825,584 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 06:11 PM

Ecuador Prison Gang War: 110 Killed, 80 Wounded And 6 Beheaded - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Ecuador Prison Gang War: 110 Killed, 80 Wounded And 6 Beheaded (46743 Views)

Ecuador's Youngest Mayor, Brigitte-Garcia & Her Aide Assassinated / Fernando Villavicencio: Presidential Candidate In Ecuador Assassinated At Rally / Teenager Who Beheaded French Teacher Gets Hero's Funeral, Street Named After Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ecuador Prison Gang War: 110 Killed, 80 Wounded And 6 Beheaded by TemmyDayo50(m): 1:44pm On Sep 30, 2021
Awon eleyii tun ya werey gan ooo shocked shocked
Re: Ecuador Prison Gang War: 110 Killed, 80 Wounded And 6 Beheaded by Ola64(m): 1:44pm On Sep 30, 2021
Maxymilliano:

Am I the only one wondering why prisoners with access to guns and grenades decided to hold a gang war rather than break out of jail or is it just plain foolishness

Mindset
Re: Ecuador Prison Gang War: 110 Killed, 80 Wounded And 6 Beheaded by Johnayoola(m): 1:44pm On Sep 30, 2021
Escobar family members grin
Re: Ecuador Prison Gang War: 110 Killed, 80 Wounded And 6 Beheaded by WowSweetGuy(m): 1:44pm On Sep 30, 2021
Drug lords
Re: Ecuador Prison Gang War: 110 Killed, 80 Wounded And 6 Beheaded by SmartyPants(m): 1:45pm On Sep 30, 2021
Maxymilliano:

Am I the only one wondering why prisoners with access to guns and grenades decided to hold a gang war rather than break out of jail or is it just plain foolishness

They would be easily overwhelmed by the superior firepower of their guards who would be fighting from a vantage point and killed. Makes more sense to wait out their sentences and go home.

3 Likes

Re: Ecuador Prison Gang War: 110 Killed, 80 Wounded And 6 Beheaded by suffering: 1:45pm On Sep 30, 2021
Violence is the solution to everything in prison. This is not disturbing to me in the least.
Re: Ecuador Prison Gang War: 110 Killed, 80 Wounded And 6 Beheaded by Ayoefa: 1:46pm On Sep 30, 2021
DaddyRochie1642:

Kirikiri prisoners are not well fed, how will they get strength to fight after eating half done beans on a steady basis.

And you think that inmates at South American prisons ate well fed? You guys don't even know what's going around the world.
The level of violence in South America will make you thank God for your situation.
The inmates control the prisons in most of these South American countries. They feed themselves and you can have your head cut off for any little issue.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ecuador Prison Gang War: 110 Killed, 80 Wounded And 6 Beheaded by Passionate888: 1:46pm On Sep 30, 2021
Pathetic
Re: Ecuador Prison Gang War: 110 Killed, 80 Wounded And 6 Beheaded by Doubleoh7: 1:46pm On Sep 30, 2021
Maxymilliano:

South Americans gang craze get levels bro. There na where the real give to Ceasar what belongs to Ceasar Is practiced. The authorities cedes to the gangs some level of power even though sometimes either parties dey overstep. Same reason when Escobar finally agreed to be jailed, he built his own prison and even when govt started overdoing, he broke out of it, till he was finally hunted down and killed.

3 Likes

Re: Ecuador Prison Gang War: 110 Killed, 80 Wounded And 6 Beheaded by codemaniacs: 1:47pm On Sep 30, 2021
Maxymilliano:

even if they do what you suggest the only places most of them will know are their local governments and their faces will be all over the media and international security agencies will also have their data in case they try to fly out of the country.

then If they are caught the police will add 15 to 30 years to their original sentence and if they had killed prison officials as they were breaking out then most of them will get death penalty.

in summary, they don't want their sentences extended or get the death penalty.

3 Likes

Re: Ecuador Prison Gang War: 110 Killed, 80 Wounded And 6 Beheaded by suffering: 1:49pm On Sep 30, 2021
Maxymilliano:

It’s no different from cults in universities who would rather kill each other than face police or military men. Everything in life has levels. People tend to stick with what they’re familiar with due to fear or laziness. Twenty cult members can kill two times their amount of rivals but will cower immediately in the presence of five armed policemen.

7 Likes

Re: Ecuador Prison Gang War: 110 Killed, 80 Wounded And 6 Beheaded by Ejiakusmith(m): 1:49pm On Sep 30, 2021
so no be only for Nigeria de cater cater dey too
their is no way forward in crime , I pray God give de knowledge to live this life

HonNL:

SOURCE

Inmates during the riot

Guns recovered

Policemen take control of the cell after over five hours

A riot policeman trying to get access during the riot
Re: Ecuador Prison Gang War: 110 Killed, 80 Wounded And 6 Beheaded by Joromi1: 1:53pm On Sep 30, 2021
Maxymilliano:

Must be a very large prison with a large yard as well. And from the pictures you can see it's highly fenced with with razor barbed wire. By the time you get to the main gate you may have to cross many checkpoints and watchtowers, all fully guarded. So trying to escape is a suicide attempt. This is not Kirikiri at all.

3 Likes

Re: Ecuador Prison Gang War: 110 Killed, 80 Wounded And 6 Beheaded by Temptee101(m): 1:53pm On Sep 30, 2021
Nobody is asking how prisoners managed to have access to grenades and guns.

Corrupt officers everywhere.

6 Likes

Re: Ecuador Prison Gang War: 110 Killed, 80 Wounded And 6 Beheaded by Thetruthshallse(m): 1:54pm On Sep 30, 2021
HOLY MOSES
Re: Ecuador Prison Gang War: 110 Killed, 80 Wounded And 6 Beheaded by planetx: 1:59pm On Sep 30, 2021
And this are the Latin American countries some Nlander that have never entered plane before will be urging people to migrate too. The violence in this South American countries make Nigeria look like a kindergarten.

7 Likes

Re: Ecuador Prison Gang War: 110 Killed, 80 Wounded And 6 Beheaded by Elidrisy20: 2:06pm On Sep 30, 2021
Why MNK?
Why kill your fellow Human being?
Re: Ecuador Prison Gang War: 110 Killed, 80 Wounded And 6 Beheaded by asmovic(m): 2:06pm On Sep 30, 2021
Maxymilliano:

maxymilliano...you just expressed my mind. Abi na jazz dem take tie dem down?

1 Like

Re: Ecuador Prison Gang War: 110 Killed, 80 Wounded And 6 Beheaded by ivolt: 2:08pm On Sep 30, 2021
Beedude:

Thats just it.
Our prisons arent correctional centers. They are condemnation centers.
Anyone wey go there come back mostly dey get sense. Na why we dey always fear to go prison. Some people will prefer to go to jail in USA than living freely in Nigeria
Which prisons are correctional centers?
Re: Ecuador Prison Gang War: 110 Killed, 80 Wounded And 6 Beheaded by SweetDipBenny(m): 2:14pm On Sep 30, 2021
Zidane199:
Dem dis one get craze pass kirikiri prisoners
kirikiri prisoners still d learn work na
Re: Ecuador Prison Gang War: 110 Killed, 80 Wounded And 6 Beheaded by Maski87: 2:16pm On Sep 30, 2021
If I am Buhari I will just let them continue fighting until the finish themselves
Re: Ecuador Prison Gang War: 110 Killed, 80 Wounded And 6 Beheaded by generalwo(m): 2:18pm On Sep 30, 2021
I don't even understand what I'm reading sef.....how did grenade and automatic assault rifles end up in the hands on inmates?
Re: Ecuador Prison Gang War: 110 Killed, 80 Wounded And 6 Beheaded by Lovenorth: 2:25pm On Sep 30, 2021
Maxymilliano:

They like flexing inside the prison, everything is free
Re: Ecuador Prison Gang War: 110 Killed, 80 Wounded And 6 Beheaded by hannsg: 2:36pm On Sep 30, 2021
Commentor:
Ipob don reach there?

Ipob don reach your brain finish grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Ecuador Prison Gang War: 110 Killed, 80 Wounded And 6 Beheaded by Whyte96(m): 2:44pm On Sep 30, 2021
Omo see madness dem prison still dey curse more avoke
Re: Ecuador Prison Gang War: 110 Killed, 80 Wounded And 6 Beheaded by solidmyk(m): 3:04pm On Sep 30, 2021
Omo life no balance
Prisoners dey carry guns

1 Like

Re: Ecuador Prison Gang War: 110 Killed, 80 Wounded And 6 Beheaded by GeorgeTheCoder: 3:07pm On Sep 30, 2021
Maxymilliano:

In many south american jails, the authorities have abdicated responsibility of the prisons and handed de facto control over to the inmates. The prisoners have control to various degrees over what goes on within the prison. The security forces have redefined their role to mean patrolling the prison perimeter and keeping the inmates locked in.
Re: Ecuador Prison Gang War: 110 Killed, 80 Wounded And 6 Beheaded by bigcasava1(m): 3:09pm On Sep 30, 2021
DaddyRochie1642:

Kirikiri prisoners are not well fed, how will they get strength to fight after eating half done beans on a steady basis.
hahahaha �
Re: Ecuador Prison Gang War: 110 Killed, 80 Wounded And 6 Beheaded by Ijaya123: 3:09pm On Sep 30, 2021
Maxymilliano:

How did they get access to grenade in the first place?
Re: Ecuador Prison Gang War: 110 Killed, 80 Wounded And 6 Beheaded by bisoye11(m): 3:14pm On Sep 30, 2021
Black World,full of evil to themselves.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Melania Trump's Stunning Dress To The Trump Pre-inauguration Dinner / White House Responds To Russia's Decision To Put Deterrence Forces On High Alert / Trump Wins Florida, Locked In Other Tight Races With Biden

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.