Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,676 members, 7,809,570 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:23 AM

WTO: Okonjo-Iweala May Resign If There Is No Headway On Critical Issues - Foreign Affairs (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / WTO: Okonjo-Iweala May Resign If There Is No Headway On Critical Issues (32578 Views)

Yonov Agah, 3 Others: WTO Pays Tribute To Outgoing Deputy Directors-general / Jaob Zuma Agrees To Resign / Robert Mugabe Refuses To Resign As Zimbabwean President (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: WTO: Okonjo-Iweala May Resign If There Is No Headway On Critical Issues by DonroxyII: 6:58pm On Sep 30, 2021
yemobrown:
When the goal seems unattainable due to lack of cooperation, resignation becomes a humble exit route in order to save one's personality.

On the other hand, I would appeal to her to confront every challenges before her with dexterity because, we're looking forward to her becoming the first female to ever rule the most populous black nation on earth as president.

In Nigeria, there are vulture and there are vultures, she will need skills and courage to excel.

Wish you well ma..
I doubt she will win her state .... Nigerians don't like English ... Everything is Street here from the Ignorant and Illiterates most popular citizens........

Only few sane ones will vote for her and Nigerian Political Gladiators who has the Majority voters in their pocket will dissociate from her or collect her money and Betray her!

She is Better as a technocrat than a Politician
Re: WTO: Okonjo-Iweala May Resign If There Is No Headway On Critical Issues by DonroxyII: 7:02pm On Sep 30, 2021
chaloskyx:
They were never gonna let a black person from Nigeria succeed on the job its quite obvious. As much as we don't want to believe blacks are still racially profiled both home or abroad it doesn't matter if you have their passport all they do is use and dump and we cant fight the system till our so called leaders who are sell outs start fighting for us. Madam if you know they are frustrating your efforts just resign and hold your head high
The weaks must be profiled and discriminated .... Know this and know peace ..

Earth is a Jungle forget the Skyscrapers and Jets .... Human are still evolving .....

1 Like

Re: WTO: Okonjo-Iweala May Resign If There Is No Headway On Critical Issues by engrfaruq(m): 7:03pm On Sep 30, 2021
chidaddy1198:
She had meeting with Nigeria president...
let's watch and see before I review my full taught

I'd rather advise you go and learn the difference between thought and "taught".
Re: WTO: Okonjo-Iweala May Resign If There Is No Headway On Critical Issues by AsawanaDgreat: 7:07pm On Sep 30, 2021
Any decision, we are behind you madam
Re: WTO: Okonjo-Iweala May Resign If There Is No Headway On Critical Issues by Ubanz: 7:11pm On Sep 30, 2021
This woman is a rawhide.
Somebody wey dem kidnap her Mama,she no gree resign.
Talk less of this one wey nobody hold am for ransom.
Re: WTO: Okonjo-Iweala May Resign If There Is No Headway On Critical Issues by ajealadick(m): 7:15pm On Sep 30, 2021
Same woman ran the Nigerian economy aground in spite of the huge income from oil. Now everyone can see how a failure she is. It's not enough to be quoting theorems, we want to see results madam.
Re: WTO: Okonjo-Iweala May Resign If There Is No Headway On Critical Issues by ademidedavid(f): 7:19pm On Sep 30, 2021
GeneralDae:

So where do you wish you were born?

Canada
Re: WTO: Okonjo-Iweala May Resign If There Is No Headway On Critical Issues by Sholaco: 7:30pm On Sep 30, 2021
Who her appointment help
Re: WTO: Okonjo-Iweala May Resign If There Is No Headway On Critical Issues by yemobrown(m): 7:41pm On Sep 30, 2021
DonroxyII:
I doubt she will win her state .... Nigerians don't like English ... Everything is Street here from the Ignorant and Illiterates most popular citizens........

Only few sane ones will vote for her and Nigerian Political Gladiators who has the Majority voters in their pocket will dissociate from her or collect her money and Betray her!

She is Better as a technocrat than a Politician

The permutations for 2023 can work in her favor, If the South Easterners puts their act together. she can be presented as their candidate which I believed will dwarf other competitor from the South during primary and ultimately becomes the flag bearer of the party.

She's a win win for the region and the country. A knowledgeable technocrat with proven skill set to navigate the numerous economic challenges bedevilling our dear country. I pray she's discovered as soon as possible
Re: WTO: Okonjo-Iweala May Resign If There Is No Headway On Critical Issues by mu2sa2: 7:44pm On Sep 30, 2021
azraeljaheel:
Hunger don blind my eyes!!
the strugle is real!

3813011916 Eco ikechukwu!
kindly feed a soul
Abeg Make una like my acct number too!
Eyaa, but you can contact ipob they are the de facto lords of the streets of SE. Sorry eh, ikechukwu.
Re: WTO: Okonjo-Iweala May Resign If There Is No Headway On Critical Issues by VULCAN(m): 8:31pm On Sep 30, 2021
If only you kept abreast of global events you would have known that her predecessor resigned for the very same reason she is considering doing same.

And he isn't a Nigerian.

Try and restrict your comments to matters within your limited purview.

perambulator:

Typical Nigerian Shakara, the oyinbos are not used to it. NOI knows that as far as public service, this is tas good as it gets for her, it's downhill for her post this job
Re: WTO: Okonjo-Iweala May Resign If There Is No Headway On Critical Issues by Aganju849: 8:50pm On Sep 30, 2021
fergie001:

Bloomberg

Why didn't she resign when GEJ & his partners were robbing Nigeria's treasury?
Re: WTO: Okonjo-Iweala May Resign If There Is No Headway On Critical Issues by Nobody: 8:51pm On Sep 30, 2021
VULCAN:
If only you kept abreast of global events you would have known that her predecessor resigned for the very same reason she is considering doing same.

And he isn't a Nigerian.

of what relevance is that? the guy resigned because he had issues with the US, Trump witheld support because he thought she wasnt US friendly. She got the job only after placating the US including sucking up to the US by getting US citizenship....what did she expect?

She isnt going to resign because she is a Nigerian and she knows WILL NOT get a higher job in public service. I repeat, it is as good as it gets for her!!!! It is the height of her career as a public servant and She has ruled herself out of any high office in Nigeria by taking American citizenship. Those who resigned have options in their country NOI doesnt!!!! If she leaves this job, she will NEVER enjoy the high profile she enjoys today. The best that can happen to her after this is some private sector board role. This is not like Christine lagaard leaving IMF to become ECB president. NOI has no higher public service career path ahead of her if she leaves this job. So as a typical Nigerian she knows that and IMHO she isnt resigning. No need for insults, I gave my opinion, you can state your opinion without insults.

NOI was entitled to American citizenship for many years but never took it up, she took it for this job with the implications and you think she will resign 7 months into the job? The same Ngozi that did not resign despite all the corruption in Jonathan's govt?.........get real!!!!

OBJ said it.... "she is a smart woman but she is weak" thats why whatever she achieved under OBJ, was undone under Jonathan who was a weak man but still she did not resign. Some people excel under a strong man, as deputies but cannot function as a leader. She always needs someone to fight her battles for her, its the same thing happening but she wont resign. i repeat it's all a bluff, or at best a cry for help. A woman who didnt have the conviction to resign as finance minister of one of the most kleptomaniac regimes in Nigerian history that could have potentially damaged her reputation as she "signed all the cheques" is not going to resign as DG WTO. If she does resign then you can rightly call me an idiot, until then I am right...like it or not!!! The man who resigned did so after 7 years not 7 months, he had 1 year left af his second term. Only a fool quits positions like in 7 months this or thinks they are there to save the world!!!.

If NOI leaves this job, you will probably never hear of her again....and thats a fact!!!!! Very few people can deal with that!!! Her problem is the weakness OBJ highlighted, this is the 1st time in her career she is the top dog, she has no one to fight her battles for her, her entire career she has always been the head of a unit, a deputy but not the OGA at the top, she always had a boss she could run to. It's like Osinbajo, some say he will make a good president because he has so far been a good VP. But being VP and being president are 2 different things. A Nigerian president IMHO needs a gangster mindset and Osinbajo hasnt got that. So It wouldnt surprise me if he was a disaster as a president.

1 Like

Re: WTO: Okonjo-Iweala May Resign If There Is No Headway On Critical Issues by GeneralPula: 9:00pm On Sep 30, 2021
They’ve started threatening her..

Probably she doesn’t want to dance to some of their tunes..

Things white men do sha..
Re: WTO: Okonjo-Iweala May Resign If There Is No Headway On Critical Issues by GeneralPula: 9:03pm On Sep 30, 2021
TheWolfen:
No pls. She is Nigerians pride..

[b]The gang up against okonjo has just began. Fear humans [/b]

Fear white men!
Re: WTO: Okonjo-Iweala May Resign If There Is No Headway On Critical Issues by AnanseK(m): 9:07pm On Sep 30, 2021
J
Fahdiga:
Uneasy lies the head that wears the crown. I thought that blacks hardly resign from their position. This can only happen in a saner clime and not in a shithole

She don see say, money no de inside this job. This is not Nigeria’s Ministry Of Finance.
Re: WTO: Okonjo-Iweala May Resign If There Is No Headway On Critical Issues by bukatyne(f): 9:17pm On Sep 30, 2021
chaloskyx:
They were never gonna let a black person from Nigeria succeed on the job its quite obvious. As much as we don't want to believe blacks are still racially profiled both home or abroad it doesn't matter if you have their passport all they do is use and dump and we cant fight the system till our so called leaders who are sell outs start fighting for us. Madam if you know they are frustrating your efforts just resign and hold your head high

Victim mentality is a killer and would make you see snakes where there are ropes!

Her predecessor was a Brazilian man (for ndi 'they won't let women shine') yet he resigned about a year to the end of his tenure because he felt the organization was not useful undecided

The way WTO is organized, nothing meaningful can come out of it.

How do you expect a consensus from 160+ countries with diverse and opposing interests before you make a decision?

Too many cooks have always spoilt the broth.
Re: WTO: Okonjo-Iweala May Resign If There Is No Headway On Critical Issues by Kingpin1000: 9:19pm On Sep 30, 2021
We know the real reason, why you want to resign.
We know it is because you have refused to, work in there end of days agenda. I can vividly see why Trump was against you. He thought you were with them,little did He know that you were not with them, they thought they can easily bend you to their favor, because you are a Nigerian, but you fall their hands and raise our hands.
Now they are fraustrsting you out of the office.
Re: WTO: Okonjo-Iweala May Resign If There Is No Headway On Critical Issues by Fahdiga(m): 9:27pm On Sep 30, 2021
DonroxyII:
If it will affect her CV, she will resign...

She is a Czar in the Global industry .... Another Global Development agency will pick her immediately..........

It's like Messi wants to leave PSG .......

To the Op, NOI has a very Challenging Job and Global Trade Gladiators are not happy with each other and everyone trying to sabotage the other and out performed one another ....

The field is not fair anymore which will make the Job to be very Demanding and Quite Toxic...

They will all be lying they yaff hear including America and China but Background they are all flouting Rules and Cheating the System ....

Does NOI have the Charisma and Power to bring all Trade Gladiators to a level Playing Field .... That's the Problem .........

She can speak English, French, Arabic and Mandarin from now till tomorrow, they will only listen but not hear ....... Water yaff pass Garri for them all .......

The Arm Race is the Bane of other Trade and the reason for the Toxic Relationships between all Gladiators....... It's all about Military Hardware now and The Race for Resources and Counter Trade Measures is very High now without recourse to Rules of Engagement!!

NOI will try her Best but to get the Job done in this dispensation is a very tough one .... She will later conclude she ain't Jesus Christ and Hang boot either as "siddon dey look and chop the mullas" or Pick the next Global Development Agency to Consult for ...........

I doubt she will resign ... She is an achiever ... she should win some but can never win all !!
Thanks for this wonderful analysis

1 Like

Re: WTO: Okonjo-Iweala May Resign If There Is No Headway On Critical Issues by SolarEdge: 9:44pm On Sep 30, 2021
Anything Buhari put hand must spoil..tweeh

You can't be fueling your generator and paying for servicing in this hard economy. It's not wisdom sir. Get a solar power system that supply's uninterrupted power. No noise, no maintenance, no monthly subscription, automatic switch over from NEPA to solar and vice versa.
Make that decision today.

HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY YET!
Re: WTO: Okonjo-Iweala May Resign If There Is No Headway On Critical Issues by DonroxyII: 9:48pm On Sep 30, 2021
yemobrown:

The permutations for 2023 can work in her favor, If the South Easterners puts their act together. she can be presented as their candidate which I believed will dwarf other competitor from the South during primary and ultimately becomes the flag bearer of the party.

She's a win win for the region and the country. A knowledgeable technocrat with proven skill set to navigate the numerous economic challenges bedevilling our dear country. I pray she's discovered as soon as possible
Discover by Who ? ... she is already Discovered and can never make the cut off for the Top Job ... Infact, they will remove her from Primary .....

Nigeria is not CBN job or UBA ooo ..... This is Nigeria...... Not WTO nor World Bank ... Naija !

Foremost , SE won't present her nor get their act together ....and for Her CV, They won't like her because they don't like who they can't CONTROL ..... !!

She already showed them shege as MOF, they used GEJ to superimposed on her to soften down she had good reign during ObJ .....

Now for her to get the Top Job and be the Alpha and Omega of Her Decisions and Programmes .... I don't expect her to stoop so low to contest, it's a very dirty murkiest water ... She will be stained !!
Re: WTO: Okonjo-Iweala May Resign If There Is No Headway On Critical Issues by fof1: 9:56pm On Sep 30, 2021
fergie001:

Bloomberg

False and Manipulated News to test her Resilience, acceptance and Wit...
Re: WTO: Okonjo-Iweala May Resign If There Is No Headway On Critical Issues by Jamesbiodun(m): 10:11pm On Sep 30, 2021
Actually with the rubbish stuff happening in the country now and the economy, she will have a lot of challenges and lack of trust angry
Re: WTO: Okonjo-Iweala May Resign If There Is No Headway On Critical Issues by Flytime: 11:05pm On Sep 30, 2021
Maxymilliano:
I won't be surprised if the WTO is dominated by racial jingoists just as we have here frustrating any efforts to make the body stronger and impactful during her reign.

Madam carry go, no weapon fashioned to frustrate you out of the system shall prosper.
change that nigerian flag to usa flag because she's representing the usa as a citizen not nigeria
Re: WTO: Okonjo-Iweala May Resign If There Is No Headway On Critical Issues by Nobody: 11:27pm On Sep 30, 2021
ajealadick:
Same woman ran the Nigerian economy aground in spite of the huge income from oil. Now everyone can see how a failure she is. It's not enough to be quoting theorems, we want to see results madam.

Your name says alot about how you think
Re: WTO: Okonjo-Iweala May Resign If There Is No Headway On Critical Issues by Jeferious: 10:19am On Oct 01, 2021
perambulator:

of what relevance is that? the guy resigned because he had issues with the US, Trump witheld support because he thought she wasnt US friendly. She got the job only after placating the US including sucking up to the US by getting US citizenship....what did she expect?

She isnt going to resign because she is a Nigerian and she knows WILL NOT get a higher job in public service. I repeat, it is as good as it gets for her!!!! It is the height of her career as a public servant and She has ruled herself out of any high office in Nigeria by taking American citizenship. Those who resigned have options in their country NOI doesnt!!!! If she leaves this job, she will NEVER enjoy the high profile she enjoys today. The best that can happen to her after this is some private sector board role. This is not like Christine lagaard leaving IMF to become ECB president. NOI has no higher public service career path ahead of her if she leaves this job. So as a typical Nigerian she knows that and IMHO she isnt resigning. No need for insults, I gave my opinion, you can state your opinion without insults.

NOI was entitled to American citizenship for many years but never took it up, she took it for this job with the implications and you think she will resign 7 months into the job? The same Ngozi that did not resign despite all the corruption in Jonathan's govt?.........get real!!!!

OBJ said it.... "she is a smart woman but she is weak" thats why whatever she achieved under OBJ, was undone under Jonathan who was a weak man but still she did not resign. Some people excel under a strong man, as deputies but cannot function as a leader. She always needs someone to fight her battles for her, its the same thing happening but she wont resign. i repeat it's all a bluff, or at best a cry for help. A woman who didnt have the conviction to resign as finance minister of one of the most kleptomaniac regimes in Nigerian history that could have potentially damaged her reputation as she "signed all the cheques" is not going to resign as DG WTO. If she does resign then you can rightly call me an idiot, until then I am right...like it or not!!! The man who resigned did so after 7 years not 7 months, he had 1 year left af his second term. Only a fool quits positions like in 7 months this or thinks they are there to save the world!!!.

If NOI leaves this job, you will probably never hear of her again....and thats a fact!!!!! Very few people can deal with that!!! Her problem is the weakness OBJ highlighted, this is the 1st time in her career she is the top dog, she has no one to fight her battles for her, her entire career she has always been the head of a unit, a deputy but not the OGA at the top, she always had a boss she could run to. It's like Osinbajo, some say he will make a good president because he has so far been a good VP. But being VP and being president are 2 different things. A Nigerian president IMHO needs a gangster mindset and Osinbajo hasnt got that. So It wouldnt surprise me if he was a disaster as a president.
Bros I never like comment before for this Nairaland, but as I see your own, I has to change status quo immediately. You're very spot on.

That one is a good deputy doesn't always mean that the person would also be a good leader if given the chance

3 Likes

Re: WTO: Okonjo-Iweala May Resign If There Is No Headway On Critical Issues by Babinski: 10:47am On Oct 01, 2021
Fahdiga:
Uneasy lies the head that wears the crown. I thought that blacks hardly resign from their position. This can only happen in a saner clime and not in a shithole

Blacks don't resogn when they know they can enjoy power and steal without responsibility or accountability. If a position is not as lucrative as the responsibilities and accountability, blacks won't mind resigning.
Re: WTO: Okonjo-Iweala May Resign If There Is No Headway On Critical Issues by lindabon: 10:49am On Oct 01, 2021
I may quit my job - Okonjo-Iweala grows frustrated with her WTO job

Watch Full Video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QA7bAtY_XME
Re: WTO: Okonjo-Iweala May Resign If There Is No Headway On Critical Issues by Yawax(m): 11:25am On Oct 01, 2021
Issoright
Re: WTO: Okonjo-Iweala May Resign If There Is No Headway On Critical Issues by Nobody: 2:27pm On Oct 05, 2021
VULCAN:

And he isn't a Nigerian.

https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2021/10/05/okonjo-iweala-my-purported-resignation-was-fake-news/

Like I said , bluff and a cry for help, dem no born am well to resign, she is finished if she resigns and she knows

perambulator:

A woman who didnt have the conviction to resign as finance minister of one of the most kleptomaniac regimes in Nigerian history that could have potentially damaged her reputation as she "signed all the cheques" is not going to resign as DG WTO. If she does resign then you can rightly call me an idiot, until then I am right...like it or not!!!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Pence Hits Breaking Point With Trump In Blessing Biden's Win / US, Israel Formally Quit UNESCO / Russia Successfully Tests New Hypersonic Tsirkon Missile

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.