Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,153 members, 7,811,313 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:58 AM

The Day U.S. President Reagan Was Shot, 40 Years Ago (Photos) - Foreign Affairs (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / The Day U.S. President Reagan Was Shot, 40 Years Ago (Photos) (52890 Views)

The Moment Japan Ex-PM, Shinzo Abe Was Shot (Video) / Biggest US Navy War Games In 40 Years To Prepare For WW3( Pics) / Hidden Facts : The Day U.S Forces Massacred 300 Russian Soldiers In Syria. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Day U.S. President Reagan Was Shot, 40 Years Ago (Photos) by OlawaleBammie: 7:32pm On Oct 02, 2021
Bluffly:

Una no dey read. Not a sniper. If Na sniper dem go see am wrestle to ground?
Na sniper the guy first wrote ogbeni
Re: The Day U.S. President Reagan Was Shot, 40 Years Ago (Photos) by TOPCRUISE(m): 7:40pm On Oct 02, 2021
FreeIgboho:

What are talking about? Reason of insanity is still a defense against murder in US. This had no impact on it at all
But it wasn't a reason against the President. Why did they have to remove it when it was targeted against Reagan. If that is the case the attack on the Capitol were done by mad people.
But do you know how many people that want to kill Buhari here.
Re: The Day U.S. President Reagan Was Shot, 40 Years Ago (Photos) by MrMacinterchi1: 8:13pm On Oct 02, 2021
Re: The Day U.S. President Reagan Was Shot, 40 Years Ago (Photos) by Sirheny007(m): 8:20pm On Oct 02, 2021
Kestolove:
Boucher na friend to thatcher and Reagan,
Boucher na friends to some other world leaders too.
And together dem won dash us human right

Prime Minister Pieter Willem Botha of South Africa.
Not Boucher of the fomer Canadian Union.
Re: The Day U.S. President Reagan Was Shot, 40 Years Ago (Photos) by NoSentiment: 8:30pm On Oct 02, 2021
MrMacinterchi1:

sentiments

Is it the book that is sentimental or who?
Re: The Day U.S. President Reagan Was Shot, 40 Years Ago (Photos) by Deblow: 8:35pm On Oct 02, 2021
Treasure17:
Not guilty by reason of insanity? I don't see that tenable in this current dispensation.

Abi oo! If he was insane, why the president? Why did he not commit suicide 'by reason of insanity'?
He should be happy he wasn't a Nigerian and didn't do such in Nigeria. He would have gone to tell God directly that he shot the president by reason of insanity
Re: The Day U.S. President Reagan Was Shot, 40 Years Ago (Photos) by FreeIgboho: 10:40pm On Oct 02, 2021
TOPCRUISE:
But it wasn't a reason against the President. Why did they have to remove it when it was targeted against Reagan. If that is the case the attack on the Capitol were done by mad people.
But do you know how many people that want to kill Buhari here.

I don't know what u r saying. Not guilty by reason of insanity was used by Hinckley and remains the law till date. The shooting had no impact on the law whatsoever. WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT??!!

1 Like

Re: The Day U.S. President Reagan Was Shot, 40 Years Ago (Photos) by Bigchristo: 11:22pm On Oct 02, 2021
DenreleDave:
And this event changed the situation issue of security especially the head of state till today..

Reason why most President moves with tones of cars...
it didn’t just start in his time,In the course of the history of the United States four Presidents have been assassinated, within less than 100 years, beginning with Abraham Lincoln in 1865. Attempts were also made on the lives of two other Presidents, one President-elect, and one ex-President.
Re: The Day U.S. President Reagan Was Shot, 40 Years Ago (Photos) by Judybash93(m): 1:04am On Oct 03, 2021
Treasure17:
Not guilty by reason of insanity? I don't see that tenable in this current dispensation.

It is
Re: The Day U.S. President Reagan Was Shot, 40 Years Ago (Photos) by Judybash93(m): 1:07am On Oct 03, 2021
Bigchristo:
it didn’t just start in his time,In the course of the history of the United States four Presidents have been assassinated, within less than 100 years, beginning with Abraham Lincoln in 1865. Attempts were also made on the lives of two other Presidents, one President-elect, and one ex-President.

James Garfield, Williams McKinley and John F. Kennedy. Oh btw, There was an attempt on Theodore Roosevelt and Andrew Jackson's life i think
Re: The Day U.S. President Reagan Was Shot, 40 Years Ago (Photos) by TOPCRUISE(m): 3:14am On Oct 03, 2021
FreeIgboho:

I don't know what u r saying. Not guilty by reason of insanity was used by Hinckley and remains the law till date. The shooting had no impact on the law whatsoever. WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT??!!
Reason for insanity was amended because of an assassination attempt against the President. It's still a Law till date like you said but they shouldn't have amended it. If the failed assassination was against an ordinary person will the Congress and some U.S. states adopt laws limiting use of the insanity defense ?
No they will still argue and make speeches and debate
Re: The Day U.S. President Reagan Was Shot, 40 Years Ago (Photos) by Le2money(m): 6:33am On Oct 03, 2021
Ehehehe.....Mufasa, so i can see u on Nairaland again....How is DDD ? I know you will still remember Mr Charles of that time and Nnenna as well? How is Mr Caleb?

MufasaLion:
Keep resting, Reagan.

See you in Mars.
Re: The Day U.S. President Reagan Was Shot, 40 Years Ago (Photos) by Papadoh(m): 8:25am On Oct 03, 2021
Fun fact: Cristiano Ronaldo was named after Ronald Reagan because his father was such a huge fan of the former US president.
Re: The Day U.S. President Reagan Was Shot, 40 Years Ago (Photos) by Papadoh(m): 8:26am On Oct 03, 2021
Judybash93:

James Garfield, Williams McKinley and John F. Kennedy. Oh btw, There was an attempt on Theodore Roosevelt and Andrew Jackson's life i think

Haters gon hate, I guess.

1 Like

Re: The Day U.S. President Reagan Was Shot, 40 Years Ago (Photos) by briggson07(m): 9:55am On Oct 03, 2021
Oh LORD fela sang about this incident
Re: The Day U.S. President Reagan Was Shot, 40 Years Ago (Photos) by mrkings84(m): 2:38pm On Oct 03, 2021
MrMacinterchi1:

was his death because of the shot ?

But he died Na.... Or is he still alive?
That he lived for more 2 decades before he died is not enough to rule out the shots from contributing to his death.

Happy Sunday!
Re: The Day U.S. President Reagan Was Shot, 40 Years Ago (Photos) by MrMacinterchi1: 2:41pm On Oct 03, 2021
mrkings84:

But he died Na.... Or is he still alive?
That he lived for more 2 decades before he died is not enough to rule out the shots from contributing to his death.

Happy Sunday!
Happy Sunday to you too.

Yes he died but it was for other reasons other than the gun shot .
Re: The Day U.S. President Reagan Was Shot, 40 Years Ago (Photos) by mrkings84(m): 2:52pm On Oct 03, 2021
MrMacinterchi1:

Happy Sunday to you too.

Yes he died but it was for other reasons other than the gun shot .

Probably he would have lived longer without the gun shot. Just maybe.
Like hunger, no one dies of hunger, but it can lead to other severe sicknesses like ulcer.

Hope u have eaten??
Re: The Day U.S. President Reagan Was Shot, 40 Years Ago (Photos) by MrMacinterchi1: 3:46pm On Oct 03, 2021
mrkings84:

Probably he would have lived longer without the gun shot. Just maybe.
Like hunger, no one dies of hunger, but it can lead to other severe sicknesses like ulcer.

Hope u have eaten??
LOL? grin.
I have. have you?
Re: The Day U.S. President Reagan Was Shot, 40 Years Ago (Photos) by MufasaLion: 5:07am On Oct 04, 2021
Le2money:
Ehehehe.....Mufasa, so i can see u on Nairaland again....How is DDD ? I know you will still remember Mr Charles of that time and Nnenna as well? How is Mr Caleb?

I'm sorry, I am not the Mufasa you thought. I don't know any of the people you mentioned.
Re: The Day U.S. President Reagan Was Shot, 40 Years Ago (Photos) by Le2money(m): 7:10am On Oct 04, 2021
Oh.....sorry bro

MufasaLion:

I'm sorry, I am not the Mufasa you thought. I don't know any of the people you mentioned.
Re: The Day U.S. President Reagan Was Shot, 40 Years Ago (Photos) by Konquest: 3:21pm On Jan 28
Explorers:
On March 30, 1981, United States President Ronald Reagan was shot and wounded by John Hinckley Jr. in Washington, D.C. as he was returning to his limousine after a speaking engagement at the Washington Hilton Hotel.

President Ronald Reagan waves to the crowd immediately before being shot outside the Washington Hilton Hotel on March 30, 1981.

White House Press Secretary James Brady and District of Columbia police officer Thomas Delahanty lie wounded on the ground after John Hinckley Jr. fired six shots at President.

https://mobile.reuters.com/news/picture/the-day-john-hinckley-shot-president-rea-idUSRTXHS3E2
Bump.
March 30, 1981. I remember that day just like yesterday. We all thought Ronald Reagan would not survive the gun shots. Glad he made it out of danger zone with an efficient health system.

1 Share

Re: The Day U.S. President Reagan Was Shot, 40 Years Ago (Photos) by Konquest: 3:23pm On Jan 28
Explorers:
Reagan suffered a punctured lung in the assassination attempt.

White House press secretary James Brady lies wounded on the sidewalk outside a Washington hotel after being shot during an assassination attempt on U.S. President Ronald Reagan, Monday, March 30, 1981.

In the background secret service agents and police wrestle the alleged assailant to the ground.
James Brady was fatally wounded. The Brady gun laws came into existence after the assassination attempt.

1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Robert Mugabe On Hunger Strike; Refuses To Eat For 2 Days; Vows To Die / Chadian Army Proudly Displays Nigerian-Built Armoured Personnel Carriers (Photos / Donald Trump Kisses His Wife, Melania At His Inauguration (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.