Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,823 members, 7,820,891 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:51 AM

EXCLUSIVE: I Was Never A Pauper Before I Became Governor Of Anambra - Peter Obi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / EXCLUSIVE: I Was Never A Pauper Before I Became Governor Of Anambra - Peter Obi (291 Views)

Amaechi Became Governor Without Participating In Election / Okorocha Was Worth N50billion Before He Became Governor - Onwuasoanya / Rauf Aregbesola: 'I Have Not Received Salary Since I Became Governor Of Osun' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

EXCLUSIVE: I Was Never A Pauper Before I Became Governor Of Anambra - Peter Obi by Offside: 1:45am On Oct 01, 2021
“I never said I was a pauper. And people knew. I was not a pauper before I became governor. Before I became governor, I was a director in several financial institutions and some other quoted companies by virtue of my investments.

“I had thriving businesses and the businesses were not folded up because I wanted to be governor. They were there. They were all going concerns. All people need to know is that if there is anything you have seen, investigate it properly, ask valid questions and you will be provided with the right answers.

“What I want people to concentrate on is this: if you see anything that you think is suspicious that belongs to Peter Obi, investigate it properly, most especially, get to the source of the wealth. So, if you see an account belonging to Peter Obi, please investigate the source of the wealth. That’s most important."

**Read the full interview in TheNiche on October 1

https://www.thenicheng.com/exclusive-i-was-never-a-pauper-before-i-became-governor-of-anambra-state-peter-obi/

Re: EXCLUSIVE: I Was Never A Pauper Before I Became Governor Of Anambra - Peter Obi by megacity: 1:47am On Oct 01, 2021
It's well known that Obi was an executive director in several banks before he became Governor

1 Like

Re: EXCLUSIVE: I Was Never A Pauper Before I Became Governor Of Anambra - Peter Obi by gabolak(m): 2:29am On Oct 01, 2021
Na so all of them dey talk after stealing
Re: EXCLUSIVE: I Was Never A Pauper Before I Became Governor Of Anambra - Peter Obi by CaptainAyub: 3:14am On Oct 01, 2021
gabolak:
Na so all of them dey talk after stealing
Peter Obi is one of the few zoo politicians who has never and doesn't have a single EFCC case.
Eschew hatred plus tribalism and celebrate him,there aren't many like him.

4 Likes

Re: EXCLUSIVE: I Was Never A Pauper Before I Became Governor Of Anambra - Peter Obi by sholatech(m): 5:36am On Oct 01, 2021
He was definitely not poor before he became Governor. Had huge well-known investment in Fidelity Bank and The Next Group was(still is) a successful busines empire. He is frugal or even stingy with personal and government funds. You can't point to his big houses in Lagos and Abuja. He stays mostly in hotels and you see him regularly in simple commercial flights.

1 Like

Re: EXCLUSIVE: I Was Never A Pauper Before I Became Governor Of Anambra - Peter Obi by clarocuzioo(m): 7:28am On Oct 01, 2021
The best man for 2023 presidency.

The only governor that bought ventilators years before.corona virus.

The only governor that audited his account before his tenure elapsed.

The only governor that has up to date tax payment after power.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: EXCLUSIVE: I Was Never A Pauper Before I Became Governor Of Anambra - Peter Obi by Exclusive101: 7:47am On Oct 01, 2021
Imagine laundering of a die hard criminal.

The Tinubu your kinsmen insult daily today was he a pauper before becoming a governor?

Just imagine if it was Tinubu that bought brewery worth several billions with state fund only to sell it to yours using your father's name as sole shareholder like Peter Obi I wonder what Igbos will say.

Imagine if Tinubu spent Anambra state money to build himself biggest mall in Abuja n PH while he was a sitting governor like Peter Obi did what will the jews call him.

Tinubu built both TVC n his hotel long after he left government house but foolish Igbo call him a thief while a lunatic n criminal Peter Obi spent Anambra state money to build himself malls in Abuja n PH is labelled a saint. I fear who no fear this mischievous Igbos.

(1) (Reply)

Buhari To Present 2022 Budget To NASS Thursday / Nnamani Hails Tinubu’s Contributions To Democracy / Queen's Baton Relay “is A Much Loved Tradition Which Precedes Every Commonwealt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.