Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,124 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:29 AM

Happy Independence Or Dependence Day - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Happy Independence Or Dependence Day (128 Views)

Fayemi Calls On African Leaders To End Dependence On Foreign Aid / Kingsley Moghalu: Why Nigeria’s Crude Oil Dependence Is A Dead End / Asari Dokubo: "Don't Wish Me Happy Independence Day, I'm Not A Nigerian" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Happy Independence Or Dependence Day by OfficialGaGa(m): 5:20am On Oct 01, 2021
Sincerely, I don't even know what to say anymore about Nigeria...

But let's ask our selves some key questions, is this country really independent or Dependence.
or do we say the country is "Independently dependent" or "Dependently independent" does it even make sense cheesy

Well here's the Dictionary definition of independence before some people go off point

1. The state or quality of being independent; freedom from dependence; exemption from reliance on, or control by others; self-subsistence or maintenance; direction of one's own affairs without interference.

2. The state of having sufficient means for a comfortable livelihood.

this number 2 touch me...

While this is the definition of dependence or dependent:
1. The state of being dependent, of relying upon another.
2. A state of dependence; a refusal to exercise initiative.

So with all the borrowing from the time of PDP till now of APC... to our GREATEST BORROWER OF ALL TIME (GBOAT) buhari... coped with the "Stories of loot been recovered" but it's "never enough" to execute the yearly budget n it's "projects" n too run one of the most expensive government in the world ... An oil producing nation for that matter

The simple question is.... is Nigeria truly independent? or it's "Independently dependent" or " Dependently independent" grin

Anyways Happy Independence before DZZ vex grin
Re: Happy Independence Or Dependence Day by scrolldown88: 5:45am On Oct 01, 2021
There's absolutely nothing to be happy about
Re: Happy Independence Or Dependence Day by helinues: 6:09am On Oct 01, 2021
Happy independence day Nigerians

(1) (Reply)

Independent Day Gift We Wish / Ayade Visits RMAFC, Seeks Better Revenue Allocation To Cross River / PDP: APC Consists Disgruntled Politicians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.