Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,826 members, 7,820,905 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:45 AM

Terrorists Are Enjoying Shut Down Of Mobile Networks In North West States – HURI - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Terrorists Are Enjoying Shut Down Of Mobile Networks In North West States – HURI (351 Views)

Elections May Not Hold In Several North-West States Over Insecurity, Govs To PMB / Which South West States Can Obi And Atiku Get 25%? / VAT: South West States Plan Joint Action, Other States Give Update (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Terrorists Are Enjoying Shut Down Of Mobile Networks In North West States – HURI by Traplord09: 5:33am On Oct 01, 2021
Human Rights Writers Association of Nigeria, HURIWA, has drawn the attention of the Federal Government to the fact that its (FG) decision to shut down telecommunications network in some Northern states is mostly affecting civilians and troops in the areas.

The group noted that the terrorists are still finding ways to communicate with themselves and operate unhindered while the masses and the security agencies suffer.

HURIWA described the Federal government’s decision to shut down telecommunications network as deliberately hasty, and a panic move.

The rights advocacy group, in a statement signed by it’s national coordinator, Comrade Emmanuel Onwubiko, said it is unfair and unpatriotic for the FG to continue to shut down telecommunications network in the troubled North-West region.

The group pointed out that the move has so far not affected the terrorists and their nefarious activities but only further compound the suffering on Nigerians and make operations more difficult for our troops executing the war against terrorist elements in the region.

The group berated the minister of communications and digital economy, Ibrahim Pantami, arguing that by applying this measure, which it further described as ‘grossly incompetent’ the minister has demonstrated that he is unaware of what the right steps, using technology, are to contain the rising terrorists attacks in the region.

HURIWA claimed that the insecurity in the North West is mostly affecting Christians and Hausa people, and that the dominant members if the terror groups are Fulani herdsmen sharing same Ethno-religious affiliation with the controversial minister.

The rights group thinks what is going on in the North West is a genocide of Northern Christians and Indigenous Hausa people.

HURIWA made references to a recent publication which quoted a military source attributing the attack on a forward Operation base of troops fighting terrorists in the North-West to lack of communication between troops due to the network jam in the region. A dozen troops were eventually killed by the terrorists during the attack.

The same report also had it that the terrorists now use thuraya satellite phones to bypass the ban on telecommunications network in the region.

HURIWA, therefore, questioned the sincerity of the purpose of the network shutdown since there have been increase in frequency of attacks and killings of innocent Nigerians in the region.

The rights group pointed to various publications reporting the killings of over 300 and abduction of over 100 Nigerians by terrorists across the Northwest since the telecommunications shutdown.

“This is an indication that the network shutdown has failed to achieve it’s purpose and therefore should be reviewed,” the group said

1 Like

Re: Terrorists Are Enjoying Shut Down Of Mobile Networks In North West States – HURI by benzypher(m): 5:37am On Oct 01, 2021
Re: Terrorists Are Enjoying Shut Down Of Mobile Networks In North West States – HURI by scrolldown88: 5:42am On Oct 01, 2021
No shit
Re: Terrorists Are Enjoying Shut Down Of Mobile Networks In North West States – HURI by Arda1000(m): 5:44am On Oct 01, 2021
grin lol this is so funny
Re: Terrorists Are Enjoying Shut Down Of Mobile Networks In North West States – HURI by yuping(m): 6:38am On Oct 01, 2021
It a little sacrifice to make, but the killing is on the high now.
Re: Terrorists Are Enjoying Shut Down Of Mobile Networks In North West States – HURI by Grace001: 6:39am On Oct 01, 2021
Good for them
Re: Terrorists Are Enjoying Shut Down Of Mobile Networks In North West States – HURI by yuping(m): 6:40am On Oct 01, 2021
Arda1000:
grin lol this is so funny
Is not funny at all, I have not been able to do anything reasonable with my phone since Tuesday, see as guys dey find network up and down for street.
Re: Terrorists Are Enjoying Shut Down Of Mobile Networks In North West States – HURI by Truthissupreme: 6:41am On Oct 01, 2021
But buhari and NNPC are warming up to go build telecom connection costing billions of Niger Delta money
Re: Terrorists Are Enjoying Shut Down Of Mobile Networks In North West States – HURI by Gandollar(f): 6:41am On Oct 01, 2021
They should allow them do whatever they deem fit within their own limitations, even though it's not yielding good results, else they would tag you enemy of state.
Re: Terrorists Are Enjoying Shut Down Of Mobile Networks In North West States – HURI by inoki247: 6:42am On Oct 01, 2021
I know say na try nd error full diz Government...

1 Like

Re: Terrorists Are Enjoying Shut Down Of Mobile Networks In North West States – HURI by Truthissupreme: 6:42am On Oct 01, 2021
yuping:

Is not funny at all, I have not been able to do anything reasonable with my phone since Tuesday, see as guys dey find network up and down for street.
una must return to una sharia stone age

Allah is best worshipped under that condition without kufir internet distraction

Boko Haram and buhari knows what's best for you

1 Like

Re: Terrorists Are Enjoying Shut Down Of Mobile Networks In North West States – HURI by houseontherock: 6:43am On Oct 01, 2021
Terrorists are using nigerien networks and other sophisticated technology to keep in touch and coordinate attacks but the victims are just there!
Re: Terrorists Are Enjoying Shut Down Of Mobile Networks In North West States – HURI by yuping(m): 6:45am On Oct 01, 2021
Truthissupreme:
una must return to una sharia stone age

Allah is best worshipped under that condition without kufir internet distraction

Boko Haram and buhari knows what's best for you

Sorry pal I no be hausa, I just enjoy traveling you should try it sometimes.
Re: Terrorists Are Enjoying Shut Down Of Mobile Networks In North West States – HURI by Truthissupreme: 6:46am On Oct 01, 2021
yuping:

Sorry pal I no be hausa, I just enjoy traveling you should try it sometimes.
stay off cursed north then

Jeremiah 1:14
Re: Terrorists Are Enjoying Shut Down Of Mobile Networks In North West States – HURI by Arda1000(m): 6:47am On Oct 01, 2021
yuping:

no it’s for cause ur government are very dumb,most Bandits uses satellite phones and have huge number of networks,they have people who share infos to them through many means
Re: Terrorists Are Enjoying Shut Down Of Mobile Networks In North West States – HURI by yuping(m): 6:56am On Oct 01, 2021
Truthissupreme:
stay off cursed north then

Jeremiah 1:14
If everyone stay off who will give us genuine information, just because they stay off north does not mean they won't bring their bad character to the south is not the region is the people and In the middle of chaos lies opportunity.

Thanks anyways
Re: Terrorists Are Enjoying Shut Down Of Mobile Networks In North West States – HURI by Truthissupreme: 6:57am On Oct 01, 2021
yuping:

If everyone stay off who will give us genuine information, just because they stay off north does not mean they won't bring their bad character to the south is not the region is the people and In the middle of chaos lies opportunity.

Thanks anyways
l agree Abokis are also cursed reason they support evil

How is any of their information beneficial to sane mind

Is it their child rap marriages you want to report

Is it their polio cases you want to report

Or terrorism, drugs etc

Oga leave them to rot

Know this and know peace
Re: Terrorists Are Enjoying Shut Down Of Mobile Networks In North West States – HURI by yuping(m): 7:06am On Oct 01, 2021
Truthissupreme:
l agree Abokis are also cursed reason they support evil
Oga leave them to rot
Know this and know peace
1 John 4:21
Leviticus 19:18
Matthew 25:40
Matthew 7:12
Romans 13:8-10
Re: Terrorists Are Enjoying Shut Down Of Mobile Networks In North West States – HURI by Truthissupreme: 7:09am On Oct 01, 2021
yuping:

1 John 4:21
Leviticus 19:18
Matthew 25:40
Matthew 7:12
Romans 13:8-10
Na for your own good

No be when dem kill you now (God forbid) una go dey find online r.i.p

North is cursed

Northerners are in bed with evil

(1) (Reply)

Ipob Attack On Obiano Campaign Team / Endsars Anniversary: No Street Protests In Lagos / Mazi Nnamdi Kalu Back To DSS Custody As Court Adjourns The Case To November 10

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.