Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,750 members, 7,824,158 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:18 AM

Rochas Owelle Biography Help - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rochas Owelle Biography Help (20345 Views)

Caption This Photo Of Rochas Okorocha Dancing Shakitibobo As Tekno Sings / Governor Rochas Okorocha Dancing Shoki At APC Rally In Owerri / Was Gov Owelle Rochas Okorocha Disgraced At Fund Raising Dinner (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rochas Owelle Biography Help by adamabdul: 2:22pm On May 29, 2011
Just heard the man speaking hausa fluently in radio deutch hausa services, Am impressed, Did he stay in the north or what?And where wil i get his biography please
Re: Rochas Owelle Biography Help by houvest: 4:02pm On May 29, 2011
I think he grew up in Jos.
Re: Rochas Owelle Biography Help by adamabdul: 4:06pm On May 29, 2011
@houvest DO U KNW ANYWHERE I CAN READ ABT HIM?
Re: Rochas Owelle Biography Help by ypad: 4:51pm On May 29, 2011
H e grew up in Jos.
Re: Rochas Owelle Biography Help by Nobody: 5:13pm On May 29, 2011
Rochas spent most of his adult life in Jos and North and started life selling Tokunbo cars before he built his business empire.

He is an Alumni of University of Jos where he studied Law.
Re: Rochas Owelle Biography Help by adamabdul: 6:13pm On May 29, 2011
oh i see
Re: Rochas Owelle Biography Help by Nobody: 7:42pm On May 29, 2011
Tijani Babangida Congratulates Gov.Rochas Okorocha
By IMO STATE BLOG: / JMG MEDIA RELATIONSNigeria | Thu, 26 May 2011 ArticleHeadlines(0) Comment | Watch Live TV | Share | Print | E-mail | Save | Alerts
They make wars and think of destruction as though dialogue has no meaning. By: Lord Aikins Adusei
More Quotes | Submit Quote
International Soccer Megastar, Tijani Babangida has congratulated the Imo State Gov-elect Rochas Okorocha over his victory at the Governorship polls. In a phone call with, renowned Celebrity Publicist cum Political Blogger Joi John, the former Super Eagles player indicated that he was particularly pleased that the voice of the masses were heard in such a controversial election.

" It is a pity that Gov.Okorocha is not a Northerner because, many people from the North admire him. I don't think the Imo people know what God has given them. Rochas has been touching the lives of the Youth for over ten years all over Nigeria. I recall when I was about to start the Soccer Academy. He personally took me to meet with the Governors of Adamawa, Kogi, Taraba in their respective states to assist me with the Poverty alleviation programme I was working on in, partnership with the Sokoto State Government. This was done out done out of his own good will to assist in getting help for the less priviledged young men in those states. Now he has been elected into Government, I believe he can do more of that. With his Chief of Staff, Prince Eze Madumere, I know he would have a solid team . I congratulate him once more and now, we pray for God to continue to guide and keep him focused to make Imo State better just as he had promised." He said.

His Excellency Gov.Rochas Okorocha won a resounding Victory at the May 6th 2011 elections defeating the incumbent Gov.Ikedi Ohakim with a landslide Margin. On May 29th, he will be sworn in as the 14th Governor of Imo State and the 5th to be Democratically elected.

Tijani Babangida is a retired footballer who played as a Winger for the Nigerian National Team (Super Eagles). Overall he has played in Five different Countries across, Three Continents. Babangida has over 30 games with the Super Eagles including Four at the 1998 World Cup in France. He has also participated in two Africa Cup of Nations Tournaments and, won the 1996 Olympics Competition with the National Team. With over 200 goals to his credit, Babangida retired from Professional football in 2004 and took up a career as a Football Agent.

An Entrepreneur and Philantrophist at heart, he continually contributes in enhancing the lives of the less priviledged youth all over Nigeria. He has set up various establishments including a Shopping Mall in his home state, Kaduna as a means to create job opportunites for the youth. Through his Soccer Academy, 10 young players at the least have been placed in professional clubs.
http://www.modernghana.com/news/330631/1/tijani-babangida-congratulates-govrochas-okorocha.html
Re: Rochas Owelle Biography Help by adamabdul: 9:15pm On May 29, 2011
A very good man,and yes he is popular in the north.Change has come to Imo.I hope he would one day become the president of Nigeria
Re: Rochas Owelle Biography Help by adamabdul: 9:17pm On May 29, 2011
Thank you @mikeansy 4 d news exactly what waz on my mind
Re: Rochas Owelle Biography Help by aloyemeka1: 11:00am On May 30, 2011
http://www.rochasfoundation.net/new/press.php

[size=14pt]The Man Rochas Okorocha[/size]
Born Rochas Anayo Ethelbert Okorocha in September 22,1962, from Ogboko Ideato South Local Government Area, Rochas is a unique Nigerian, a great Philanthropist of no equal measure, teacher and educationist, an orator, an apostle of peace, a detribalized Nigerian, politician, great business mogul whose name is synonymous with success, father to thousands of poor Nigerian children, symbol of the New Generation, standard bearer of a new Nigeria, Emperor of the Disabled, an accomplished administrator and presently the governor elect for Imo State under the platform of the All Progressives Grand Alliance (APGA).
Rochas is married to Lolo Nkechi Okorocha and blessed with three daughters (Miss Uloma, Uju and Uchechi Rochas) and three sons (Aham, Amamchi and Amen Rochas). Owelle Rochas Okorocha holds a Masters degree in Law. He is versed in local, national, and international policies and global trends in economic development. He has effectively initiated leadership standards at various forms of public endowment and has assisted government agencies and parastatals in initiating ideas, implementing programs, managing public projects and shaping public policies. He has implanted progressive measures and elevated lives by bringing about strategic changes with proven and visible economic and social enhancements.

He is unconditionally committed to alleviating the plight of the less-privileged in the society as a basis for economic emancipation and social justice. His foundation, the Rochas Foundation, provides materials, educational and medical sponsorship for the less privileged. An ardent believer in the ability of man to determine his destiny, Rochas Okorocha believes that with hard work, faith in God, honesty and objective planning, all good things are possible and his life has been a fitting testimony to this belief. As he often says:“I see injustice and I ask, why not justice? I see poverty and I ask, why not affluence? I see the less privileged and I say, why not Rochas Foundation? I see indigent children unable to acquire education and I say, why not Rochas Foundation Colleges?” In pursuit of these visions, he established the Rochas Foundation College system, a FREE comprehensive secondary educational institution that offers free tuition, boarding, feeding, transportation and medical care to over three thousand (3,000) Nigerian children from less-privileged families annually.

He is a holder of numerous titles from communities and associations within and outside the country in appreciation of his service to humanity. He was conferred with the traditional titles of “Owelle Ndi Igbo” and “Dan Jekan Sokoto” in a unique and unprecedented ceremony by the body of traditional rulers of the Southeast and the North led by the Chairman of the Southeast Forum of Traditional Rulers, Eze (Dr.) Eze Ukandu, JP and the Late Sultan of Sokoto, His Eminence,Alhaji Muhammadu Maccido (CFR).He is also the Omorodun of Yoruba land; the Okala of Ehie; the Talban Gwagwalada and Uban Talakawa (Father of the poor) He believes that no matter the height he has attained in life, his greatest joy is in identifying with his family, his roots, the poor and less privileged in the society.

A devoted Christian with six biological children outside his many adopted children, he enjoys sports, reading, worshipping God and involving in peoples and community events especially when they concern the poor and needy. He is a man reserved by God for the right moment to lead his people to the Promise Land.

Cock Crow At Dawn?
According to Igbo belief system, in every village, seniority in the animal kingdom is conferred by age, and in the avian kingdom, the story is no different. The most senior cockerel it is whose responsibility it is to herald the dawn, until it crows, no other cock is allowed to even release a whimper, it behooves on this senior cock to correctly time when dawn dawns and after announcing it with periodic exhalation of massive and raucous crows, others can then follow suit. The senior cock will crow on 29th May 2011 and Douglas House Owerri, nay the entire Imo State will wear a new look. But before then, preparations must be made to welcome the big masquerade, because they do not appear frequently.
Big masquerades do not enter the market square in a hurry, their sheer presence and electrifying awe must be felt long before their appearance, with messengers ahead to announce their emergence, they take their steps in majestic syncronisation with the rhythm of the lead drummer and the Flutist frequent calls. They are always an embodiment of the incomprehensible yet admirable, the myths woven around them give off an air of suffocating invincibility.

In traditional Igboland, great masquerades are not frequently seen, but when they appear on the scene, small ones out of reverence and trembling must of necessity give way. And before then, words will go round the village that a great thing has happened in deed and the people will be in a celebratory mood in anticipation of the impending changes. According to the Returning Officer for the election in Imo State, Professor Hillary Ode Edeoga, Okorocha defeated incumbent Imo State Governor, Mr. Ikedi Ohakim of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) to clinch the governorship seat of the state. He polled 336,859 as against Ohakim's 290,496, while Ifeanyi Ararume of the Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN) polled 107,068.
With results declared from 26 out of the 27 Local Government Areas of the state, having successfully concluded the supplementary governorship election in three of four LGAs on Friday, May 06, 2011, Owelle Okorocha was declared winner having fulfilled all other constitutional requirements. The cockerels are now crowing all over the state heralding the long expected dawn for change. Interestingly though, the emblem of the All Progressive Grand Alliance (APGA) is a cock. A big cock at that.

http://nationaldailyngr.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=5572:owelle-anayo-rochas-okorocha-cock-crow-at-dawn&catid=133:special-section&Itemid=448
Re: Rochas Owelle Biography Help by aloyemeka1: 11:04am On May 30, 2011
[size=14pt]Okorocha: Coronation of a people's man[/size]
Written by Sulaimon Olanrewaju
Wednesday, May 11, 2011

DEFEATING an incumbent in an electoral contest in Nigeria is usually a Herculean task, given the machinery of government at the disposal of the incumbent. This is even more so when such incumbent is generally believed to have acquitted himself creditably in the discharge of his responsibility. But that is what Owelle Rochas Okorocha, the All Progressives Grand Alliance (APGA) candidate in the Imo State gubernatorial election did. He worsted hard working and hard fighting governor of the state, Ikedi Ohakim of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).

[img]http://odili.net/news/source/2011/may/11/tribune/images/schoolgate[1].jpg[/img]
Rochas Foundation College, Ibadan

According to the result of the two-phase election released by the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) last Saturday, Okorocha scored 336,859 votes while Governor Ohakim scored 290,490 votes. Senator Ifeanyichukwu Araraume of the Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN), polled 107,068 votes.

To many observers of Imo politics, the entry of Okorocha to the gubernatorial contest was the game changer. He is believed to be the most popular individual in the state at the moment. Thus, the platform on which he sought to become the governor was not as important as his reputation spoke volumes about his ability. Consequently, long before the April 26 date of the original election and May 6 date of the supplementary one, many people in the state had concluded that neither Ohakim's outstanding performance over the past four years nor his being from Okigwe zone would stand him in a good stead against Okorocha.

Imo is rigid when it comes to the issue of zoning. Thus ordinarily, Ohakim, who is from Okigwe zone, and was just completing his first term, or Araraume, also from Okigwe, should have been preferred to Okorocha because the governorship had been zoned to the area since 2007. But in this particular instance, the people of Imo State dumped zoning politics and cast their votes in favour of Okorocha, said to be acceptable to all the zones in the state.

[img]http://odili.net/news/source/2011/may/11/tribune/images/onifade[1].jpg[/img]
Mrs Deborah Onifade, a parent

As observed by Chief Charles Nkwocha, a community leader in Imo State, only very few people could have altered the voting pattern as Okorocha did because of the sensitivity of the people of Imo to the issue of zoning.

http://odili.net/news/source/2011/may/11/615.html
Re: Rochas Owelle Biography Help by chiozor: 11:44am On May 30, 2011
wht does he do for a living?

(1) (Reply)

Presient Buhari Departs London, To Arrive Nigeria Soon / Benue Killings: Buhari Writes Senate, Lists Steps Taken / Plateau Imposes Curfew On 3 Lgas Following Deaths Of “over 100” Persons

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.