Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,473 members, 7,812,463 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:47 PM

Nigeria At 61: The Odoriferous Nature Of Its Failure By King Kekwop M. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria At 61: The Odoriferous Nature Of Its Failure By King Kekwop M. (187 Views)

Keyamo’s Utterances: APC Government Now Short Of Excuses For Its Failure – North / Abdulrasak Sanusi 'Baba Osun' Dies At 61 / INEC Yet To Apologise To Nigerians For Its Failure’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria At 61: The Odoriferous Nature Of Its Failure By King Kekwop M. by ComradeKings(m): 9:44am On Oct 01, 2021
A 61 years long walk to freedom that remained longer and unending_comradekings

My experience on this faithful day going to work in a commercial bus was unpleasant. While in the bus, I noticed the frowning looks of the other passengers and I perceived something was not right. I quickly paid the “Conductor”

Conductor Take your money and give me my change”

“OK Sir” he responded.

I suddenly perceived an unfriendly smell that made me uncomfortable in the bus. I thought am the only one in the bus that felt it. But I notice the pearl faces put on by the passengers and it down to me that we all perceived the odoriferous smell but yet muted. All that was on our mind is to reach our destinations. No body raised any question not until I alighted with one of the passenger and I ask.

Ma! Did you perceived the smell in the bus?

“Yes I did, I could hardly breathe… I wanted to talk but, I don’t know what kept me muted”. She concluded

This is the experience with Nigeria as a country. A 61 years long walk to freedom that remained longer and unending. In fact, the trend of the movement retrogressed effortlessly. Nigeria is like that odorous bus with passengers; all of them seems uncomfortable but yet are hopeful of reaching their destination only; not minding the nature of the smell. The driver and conductor are only interested in collecting their money not minding the unpleasant nature of the bus.

Nigeria at 61 has dwell in the basket of failures for long. The situation seems peculiar and unfathomable. The leadership conundrum has only witnessed change in personality with an ideology clouded by ethnocentric, religious, political and developmental immobility. The retrogressive nature of the country inspires Chinua Achebe “ There was a country”, where a glimmer of hope from the 1960 Independence, turns abysmal due to the weak leadership, corruption, ethnic jingoism and religious division which has force an unprogressive nation on its citizens.

Now is another Independence, and as a patriotic citizen, i'm expected to say a prayer for Nigeria, we are expected to post something hopeful for the country. This yearly activities is in the periphery of our hearts. As Nigeria grows in age, its challenges seem worst and insurmountable. The odoriferous nature of its failures is visible and critical at this particular time. The hopelessness it brings has erased the hopeful tomorrow that people prayed for.

As a country, we are more divisible than united, a mass population that seems to be a curse than a blessing. The suffering and poverty level is unmatched. This form the fulcrum of insecurity bedeviling our country. Who has bewitched us? Why is it too difficult to demand for a better country? At this retiring age, what Nigerians need is to unite above ethno-religious line and demand for true freedom. Enough of this flag independence of 1960 we still celebrate. Nigeria deserves a better landing not an unending nosedive that further our predicaments. I just hope, with the little strength left in us as a people, we can fight for a true independent. Happy 61 years Nigeria

Sincerely Yours,

King Kekwop {comradekings}

1 Share

(1) (Reply)

How The Izuogu Z-600 Dream Was Destroyed / Buhari’s Independence Speech 61 Per Cent Lies, Says Timi Frank / Goat In The Midst Of Two Scapegoats - Man Credits Natasha Blast Bello And Obasek

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.