Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,167 members, 7,838,992 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 12:08 PM

How Do I Recover My Lost Money? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Do I Recover My Lost Money? (433 Views)

Ever Lost Money Trading? This Information Will Make You Extremely Wealthy / How Do I Recover My Money From Union Bank? / How Do I Recover My Money From A Debtor ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Recover My Lost Money? by Vicryl(m): 10:46pm On Oct 01, 2021
I write this seeking the advice, knowledge and experience of the business community on Nairaland.

Some weeks ago, I noticed that my account was cleared of all the money in it. I went to the bank and had them block my card. Since the details of the transaction wasn't showing, I knew it was either Paystack or Flutterwave, and they were associated with betting companies.

I tried accessing my sportybet account only to find out that it has been compromised. I then chatted the online customer care representative who confirmed that an equivalent sum of money was used to fund my account and withdrawn to another account that looked like mine. I got the account details and went to the police who referred me to the court to get an affidavit of facts before they could give me a police extract.

The next day I went to the supposed bank where they money was withdrawn to and they told me that it's not their account number rather it was a Flutterwave wallet account.

I contacted Flutterwave by mail and they restricted the account but told me that the account had already been depleted. They sent me the three account numbers that it was withdrawn to.

I went to one of the banks and they said I should go to the police. I went to the Police and they said I should pay them to start "investigations" and to open a file. I was dazed because I'm trying to recover money I lost and the system wants to suck me dry.

Since then, I've been stuck, not knowing what to do. What do I do next?

In case you are wondering how someone got access to my account and pin, it's through a process called Phishing.
Re: How Do I Recover My Lost Money? by paskal16: 10:50pm On Oct 01, 2021
I hope you get your money back

The more reason I dnt click bait on all this phishing links in my email

1 Like

Re: How Do I Recover My Lost Money? by shortgun(m): 10:59pm On Oct 01, 2021
Count your loses, move on and be more careful in the future.
The Nigerian system is structured in a way that protects criminals and fraudsters.
You will only end up wasting time,money and your sanity if you choose to recover the money, you have done enough already.
It's not surprising The Nigerian police is labelled a criminal organisation in Canada

1 Like

Re: How Do I Recover My Lost Money? by jaeyking(m): 11:06pm On Oct 01, 2021
Sorry about that.

Please an advice.
Always endure the account u use for online transactions is different from your main savings.
Atleast this will give u little assurance over your money

3 Likes

Re: How Do I Recover My Lost Money? by dawnomike(m): 11:28pm On Oct 01, 2021
Petition EFCC ASAP

1 Like

Re: How Do I Recover My Lost Money? by arthurwillia(m): 11:52pm On Oct 01, 2021
Vicryl:
I write this seeking the advice, knowledge and experience of the business community on Nairaland.

Some weeks ago, I noticed that my account was cleared of all the money in it. I went to the bank and had them block my card. Since the details of the transaction wasn't showing, I knew it was either Paystack or Flutterwave, and they were associated with betting companies.

I tried accessing my sportybet account only to find out that it has been compromised. I then chatted the online customer care representative who confirmed that an equivalent sum of money was used to fund my account and withdrawn to another account that looked like mine. I got the account details and went to the police who referred me to the court to get an affidavit of facts before they could give me a police extract.

The next day I went to the supposed bank where they money was withdrawn to and they told me that it's not their account number rather it was a Flutterwave wallet account.

I contacted Flutterwave by mail and they restricted the account but told me that the account had already been depleted. They sent me the three account numbers that it was withdrawn to.

I went to one of the banks and they said I should go to the police. I went to the Police and they said I should pay them to start "investigations" and to open a file. I was dazed because I'm trying to recover money I lost and the system wants to suck me dry.

Since then, I've been stuck, not knowing what to do. What do I do next?

In case you are wondering how someone got access to my account and pin, it's through a process called Phishing.
Your money is gone my Gee
Greed killed you

I’m sure you saw one place where they said come and get 300000 sporty reward and you ran and put your details
Your money is gone for vanishing I’m sorry

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Recover My Lost Money? by Asapxchange: 2:32am On Oct 02, 2021
Hi poster, Yes, You need an extract before any bank can release sensitve information like bank account profile .since you have 3 account numbers, do your own research. Are those account having the same name ? Does it sound farmilar, what kind of bet did they play before withdrawing? Is that bet, what youu normally stake on and maybe a friend knows your startegy ? Where did you drop your card?

Yiu can Search on Google to see if you can see something that can help regarding account owner name, like a Name, or a social media Profile that matches the account name..

Also, Go to another station and beg them for extract. They should give you. With that extract, the bank will release the Account owner information and you can then, go arrest hi/her.

Also, You should know that you do not use Your main account that has Lots of money on any Pos,atm or any Online deals, Rather, you have any Account and card for such.

I wish you well. Once you have police Extract, you will most definately get a breakthrough. So please do not give up. Shalom.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Recover My Lost Money? by Nobody: 2:40am On Oct 02, 2021
Do citizens in other countries pay the police before they can do the job they are paid for?See as bank and police dey dribble you.That is why jungle justice is rampant because what the police know about is bail money and they release the criminal.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Recover My Lost Money? by oazeez1991(m): 9:27am On Oct 02, 2021
@Op, sorry 4 ur situation. Don't know d amount in question here, but I will tell u wat sm1 once said here on NL dat I've choose 2 heed 2 which is, it's beta 2 count one's lost nd move on dan involve police cos u myt end up losin more without even getin d said money back, plus d stress involve nd time wasting. Beware so as not 2 be use as cash-cow. Learn ur lesson, count ur lost, nd move on. May God replenish ur pocket.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Recover My Lost Money? by Kobicove(m): 12:15pm On Oct 02, 2021
This is the reason why I don't ever click on any links that claim to offer any rewards or that makes an unsolicited offer.

One should also have a special account for only online and POS transactions
Re: How Do I Recover My Lost Money? by Vicryl(m): 8:01pm On Oct 02, 2021
Annogbe:
call 08037111012 and explain the whole thing to him
Please, who owns the number?

(1) (Reply)

Instagram Later Showed Me Advert Of Mattress I Saw 1st Time In My Life Today / Fake News: TEC Debunks Reports Of Investment In Imagine Global / What Kind Of Good And Legal Business Can One Start With 100k In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.