Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,945 members, 7,952,818 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 03:54 AM

Nothing Has Changed Since Eedris Dropped "Jaga Jaga" 17 Years Ago -- OAP Effiong - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Nothing Has Changed Since Eedris Dropped "Jaga Jaga" 17 Years Ago -- OAP Effiong (202 Views)

Woman Gives Birth To Sets Of Twins After 17 Years Of Marriage / What Did You Have 5 Years Ago That You No Longer Have? / Biography Of South African OAP Sakina Kamwendo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nothing Has Changed Since Eedris Dropped "Jaga Jaga" 17 Years Ago -- OAP Effiong by michaelfix(m): 12:06am On Oct 02, 2021
Kpoko FM presenter, Michael Effiong, has expressed displeasure in the way the country has been ran since independence. The Warri-based OAP said since Eedris Abdulkareem sang his controversial song, "Jaga Jaga" nothing has changed ever since.

https://www.facebook.com/114918913673127/posts/426195415878807/

It's been 17 years since Eedris Abdulkareem released his hit song "Jaga Jaga", and I took my time to listen to the song again, it is still fresh on me. 17 years have gone by and our challenges are still looking at us with boldness. What has improved since then?
Fela's 1977 work, "Sorrow Tears and Blood" and other of his legendary are a reflection of what we are facing today. Take your time today to listen to the works of Abami Eda.
One of the biggest events in 2020 is the End Sars protest, where youths were demanding for better policing, but what has changed since then? Police still harass innocent citizens, there is no improvement in their welfare in respect to their counterparts in other civilized climes. Same system, same old ways.
Remember our doctors have been on strike for months, why there is a possibility that ASUU will go on strike. Also, ASUU went on strike for over six months. Sadly, killing, banditry and kidnapping are now the latest biz in town. Those managing the economy are perplex with nothing to do in respect to the continues fall of naira. Stranded and confused people.
We aren't asking for more, but just give us the basic things of life and run a civil country, that is all.

Should one celebrate mediocrity as an act of patriotism?

Re: Nothing Has Changed Since Eedris Dropped "Jaga Jaga" 17 Years Ago -- OAP Effiong by Coldshisha: 3:12am On Oct 02, 2021
Nothing can change until African man start holding himself accountable for his own life
Re: Nothing Has Changed Since Eedris Dropped "Jaga Jaga" 17 Years Ago -- OAP Effiong by blackshow(m): 6:37am On Oct 02, 2021
Please, my country men, has anything change since Fela sang all those songs in the 70s and early 80s .
So, it has never been better, all we need to do now is , face your own legitimate duty and be tolerance , I mean to your neighbor.

(1) (Reply)

Unknown Gunmen Reinforced From Aba To Enforce Sit-at-home Order In Owerri Today / REVEALED! AN EASY WAY TO MAKE TRANSACTIONS ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD / OAU: Accounting Set 2001 Refurbishes PG Seminar Room, Calls For Conducive Learni

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.