Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,226 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:53 AM

Pls I Need Gurus In The House To Help Me With Advice - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Pls I Need Gurus In The House To Help Me With Advice (579 Views)

Pls Gurus In The House Between E300 And C300....... / Pls Gurus In The House Help Me To Solve This Puzzle! / Please Help Me Out With Advice On The Best Automobile To Buy For My Business (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls I Need Gurus In The House To Help Me With Advice by fk001(m): 11:22am On Oct 02, 2021
Good morning Gurus in the house.

A month ago my car started developing issue, it stop while I was accelerating on a high way. The battery light and everything is on but it won't just start. I had to call my mechanic and came all the way, he checked the car and said my fuel pump is bad. I gave him money to buy new fuel pump, and the car started just fine.

3 days later I was driving and the car stopped again, this time I saw a road side mechanic where the car stopped, I don't know what he did but i am sure he looked at the fuel pump area an the car started.

Yesterday I was driving and the car stopped again, after I waited for a while the car started, I called my mechanic now he is saying that we should change the filter cos he only change the fuel pump not the filter. He gauges the fuel pump pressure and is almost 60.

I don't want to be spending money while the problem keeps on persisting.

Pls I need your views thanks

Nurey
Gazzuzz
Dipotivor
Kingrin
Re: Pls I Need Gurus In The House To Help Me With Advice by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:38am On Oct 02, 2021
fk001:

A month ago my car started developing issue, it stop while I was accelerating on a high way. The battery light and everything is on but it won't just start. I had to call my mechanic and came all the way, he checked the car and said my fuel pump is bad. I gave him money to buy new fuel pump, and the car started just fine.

3 days later I was driving and the car stopped again, this time I saw a road side mechanic where the car stopped, I don't know what he did but i am sure he looked at the fuel pump area an the car started.

Yesterday I was driving and the car stopped again, after I waited for a while the car started, I called my mechanic now he is saying that we should change the filter cos he only change the fuel pump not the filter. He gauges the fuel pump pressure and is almost 60.

Nurey
Gazzuzz
Dipotivor
Kingrin

Change mechanics.

Remote diagnosis not possible.

Problem might not be fuel pressure related.

Re: Pls I Need Gurus In The House To Help Me With Advice by xpressionx(m): 11:48am On Oct 02, 2021
Buy better fuel pump.
For it to start after a while,it seems its a fuel pump related.
But go with gazzuzz's advice
Re: Pls I Need Gurus In The House To Help Me With Advice by fk001(m): 12:13pm On Oct 02, 2021
GAZZUZZ:

Change mechanics.

Remote diagnosis not possible.

Problem might not be fuel pressure related.

Thanks Sir but I am not in Lagos.

Can you recommend a good mechanic in Abuja
Re: Pls I Need Gurus In The House To Help Me With Advice by fk001(m): 12:13pm On Oct 02, 2021
xpressionx:
Buy better fuel pump.
For it to start after a while,it seems its a fuel pump related.
But go with gazzuzz's advice

Okay thanks bro
Re: Pls I Need Gurus In The House To Help Me With Advice by Autogduru411: 12:15pm On Oct 02, 2021
fk001:

Nurey
Gazzuzz
Dipotivor
Kingrin

Buy complete fuel pump with housing and stop buying just the fuel pump, but original product.
The filter might be clogged too.
I guess it stops whenever the pump is too hot.
Re: Pls I Need Gurus In The House To Help Me With Advice by fk001(m): 12:51pm On Oct 02, 2021
Autogduru411:

Buy complete fuel pump with housing and stop buying just the fuel pump, but original product.
The filter might be clogged too.
I guess it stops whenever the pump is too hot.

Thanks exactly what the mechanic suggested. That it stopped whenever is hot.

Do you know how much is the complete housing unit
Re: Pls I Need Gurus In The House To Help Me With Advice by Kingdemu: 1:44pm On Oct 02, 2021
fk001:

Thanks Sir but I am not in Lagos.

Can you recommend a good mechanic in Abuja
Contact Kingreign
Re: Pls I Need Gurus In The House To Help Me With Advice by fk001(m): 2:34pm On Oct 02, 2021
Kingdemu:
Contact Kingreign

Kingrieng is on vacation
Re: Pls I Need Gurus In The House To Help Me With Advice by kingreign(m): 2:53pm On Oct 02, 2021
fk001:

Kingrieng is on vacation
cry

What car is this?

(1) (Reply)

Keke Napep To Ride For Weekend / Service Your Vehicle With As Low As N10k (promo) / Honda Element For Sale.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.