Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,706 members, 7,816,897 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:43 PM

Is It A Sin To Pay For A Job Slot? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It A Sin To Pay For A Job Slot? (992 Views)

Is It A Sin To Drop Empty Envelope In Offering Box? / It’s A Sin To Pay Tithe – Pastor Chris Ojigbani / Pastor Arinze Okoli Mmaduabuchi: "Gay Is Not A Sin” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It A Sin To Pay For A Job Slot? by Goodplace: 7:25pm On Oct 02, 2021
If One pays to gets a job will it be a sin and if so, does that implies that it may spell doom at the end?
Please kindly throw light..
Re: Is It A Sin To Pay For A Job Slot? by Kobojunkie: 7:36pm On Oct 02, 2021
Goodplace:
If One pays to gets a job will it be a sin and if so, does that implies that it may spell doom at the end?
Please kindly throw light..
God never did teach anything about how and process for obtaining a job should go as it all depends on the companies in this world, and their worldly process. There is no reasons to label sin that that has nothing to do with God. undecided

What is instead sin is working for food that spoils( laboring to take care of self and your needs) when God has instead commanded that you work for food that sustains to Eternity which only Jesus Christ can give you - John 6 vs 25 - 33 undecided
Re: Is It A Sin To Pay For A Job Slot? by ojun50(m): 7:47pm On Oct 02, 2021
Everything for this na sin oh. Just leave yr life and wait for the judgement day

1 Like

Re: Is It A Sin To Pay For A Job Slot? by Matheusmartin: 8:02pm On Oct 02, 2021
Sapa never hold this one.

1 Like

Re: Is It A Sin To Pay For A Job Slot? by OloshoMan: 9:11am On Oct 03, 2021
Not a sin, Jacob paid Habakkuk for a brothel bar job and the Lord blessed him. Habakkuk 14v3
Re: Is It A Sin To Pay For A Job Slot? by jesusjnr2020(m): 9:15am On Oct 03, 2021
It's a sin called bribery.
Re: Is It A Sin To Pay For A Job Slot? by Kason68(m): 9:54am On Oct 03, 2021
OloshoMan:
Not a sin, Jacob paid Habakkuk for a brothel bar job and the Lord blessed him. Habakkuk 14v3
Habakkuk has no chapter 14
Re: Is It A Sin To Pay For A Job Slot? by Meeu2: 10:26am On Oct 03, 2021
Bribery is a sin
Re: Is It A Sin To Pay For A Job Slot? by Kobojunkie: 1:57pm On Oct 03, 2021
Meeu2:
Bribery is a sin
Book and verse please. undecided
Re: Is It A Sin To Pay For A Job Slot? by LilMissFavvy(f): 2:20pm On Oct 03, 2021
If you have the necessary qualifications for the job, then it is not sin. It can only be a sin if you are not qualified. The blame is on the person who has refused to look at your qualifications and offer you the job. Go get the job, I am very sure it is not sin, you are buying the sold vacancies since they refuse to employ through interviews. Buying is not bribery.
Re: Is It A Sin To Pay For A Job Slot? by lokoloko84(m): 5:30pm On Oct 03, 2021
My friend,it is a sin or is bribery not a sin?
When the bible says,to make heaven is narrow,then you will understand.
Re: Is It A Sin To Pay For A Job Slot? by dahmie2013: 5:38pm On Oct 03, 2021
To answer your question, if the criteria for getting the job is to pay for it, then there's no sin. For instance when you pay some recruitment consultants to help you get a job, they get the job for you and you pay them an amount depending on the agreement. But when it is done in the context of bribery, then it means you are taking what does not belong to you, because you have not met the criteria for getting the job & that is stealing and in the process you also tell lies. Then it becomes a sin.

2 Likes

Re: Is It A Sin To Pay For A Job Slot? by Kobojunkie: 5:49pm On Oct 03, 2021
lokoloko84:
My friend,it is a sin or is bribery not a sin?
When the bible says,to make heaven is narrow,then you will understand.
First of all, anyone who has a "job" will not enter Heaven - Jesus Christ made that clear in John 6 vs 25 - 33. undecided

Second, if buying a job slot is itself a sin, i would very much like to know where you find this in the Bible so I too can investigate. undecided
Re: Is It A Sin To Pay For A Job Slot? by lokoloko84(m): 6:01pm On Oct 03, 2021
Kobojunkie:
First of all, anyone who has a "job" will not enter Heaven - Jesus Christ made that clear in John 6 vs 25 - 33. undecided

Second, if buying a job slot is itself a sin, i would very much like to know where you find this in the Bible so I too can investigate. undecided
You do not know,what you are saying?
What is bribery? Bribery is paying for something illegally,in other to achieve an aim.
Is it written as a requirement that you should pay for a slot to get a Job? It is even another form of stealing and mind you, paying for a Job is not,the only form of bribery we have and there are hundreds of others which we have seen as normal and which do not mean,it is right.
Re: Is It A Sin To Pay For A Job Slot? by Kobojunkie: 6:15pm On Oct 03, 2021
lokoloko84:
You do not know,what you are saying?
What is bribery? Bribery is paying for something illegally,in other to achieve an aim.
Is it written as a requirement that you should pay for a slot to get a Job? It is even another form of stealing and mind you, paying for a Job is not,the only form of bribery we have and there are hundreds of others which we have seen as normal and which do not mean,it is right.
That which is considered "illegal" is judged so by standards set by men and not by God, right? And since God's Law has nothing to do with man's standard - there is no real correlation between the two - that which men consider illegal is not necessarily sin against God. undecided

So, bribery, as you've defined it here, is not sin against God, but instead a criminal offense as defined in the laws of men. undecided
Re: Is It A Sin To Pay For A Job Slot? by lokoloko84(m): 6:18pm On Oct 03, 2021
Kobojunkie:
That which is considered "illegal" is judged so by standards set by men and not by God, right? And since God's Law has nothing to do with man's standard - there is no real correlation between the two - that which men consider illegal is not necessarily sin against God. undecided
Do you read your bible at all? So God did not include bribery as sinful.
Check your bible again.
Re: Is It A Sin To Pay For A Job Slot? by Kobojunkie: 6:21pm On Oct 03, 2021
lokoloko84:
Do you read your bible at all? So God did not include bribery as sinful.
Check your bible again.
You are the one claiming God did and I am asking you where you find this. I am quite interested in reviewing anything you find. undecided
Re: Is It A Sin To Pay For A Job Slot? by Unique9: 1:30am On Oct 08, 2021

(1) (Reply)

Is Matter And Energy Eternal? / Sam Adeyemi And My Strange Experience In MFM Ajah / She Will Probably Lose Her Life For Speaking Like This:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.