Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,960 members, 7,835,203 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:00 AM

I Don’t Believe In 2023 Elections -afenifere Leader Adebanjo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Don’t Believe In 2023 Elections -afenifere Leader Adebanjo (555 Views)

2023: I’ll Support Yahaya Bello, I Don’t Believe In Igbo Presidency – Uwazuruike / Ikpeazu: I Don’t Believe In Biafra Through Barrels Of The Gun, No IPOB In Abia / Akeredolu Condemns Murder Of Afenifere Leader’s Daughter, Orders Investigation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Don’t Believe In 2023 Elections -afenifere Leader Adebanjo by akelicious(m): 2:33am On Oct 03, 2021
Leader of Pan-Yoruba socio-political group, Afenifere, Pa Ayo Adebanjo, says he does not believe in the forthcoming 2023 general elections because of the worsening security situations in the country.

He stated this on Friday while featuring on PUNCH Online Interview Programme on the occasion of Nigeria’s 61st Independence Anniversary.

When asked what kind of characteristics the next Nigerian President should possess, Adebanjo said, “I don’t believe in 2023, so don’t waste your time. I don’t believe under the present insecurity situation in the country, killings here, kidnappings there, raping there, we can have an election.”

Scores of police stations and offices of the Independent National Electoral Commission have been burnt in the last couple of months by rampaging hoodlums who attack government structures, especially in Southern Nigeria, where the agitation for secession has been the loudest of recent.

Tinubu, Osinbajo, Osoba, Akande promised restructuring in 2015 but made a U-turn’
The Afenifere leader also lamented that some All Progressives Congress leaders including Vice-President Yemi Osinbajo; Bola Tinubu, Bisi Akande, Olusegun Osoba, amongst others, promised restructuring during the 2015 electioneering but reneged on their promises after the election of Major General Muhammadu Buhari (retd) as President.

He said, “Even those who came into office advocating federalism like Osinbajo, Tinubu, Osoba, Akande. You remember how they came into office under restructuring, they now say restructuring is not their priority.

“Osinbajo is now telling us that there are many things to restructuring, which one are they talking of. The restructuring they put in the manifesto of APC, which one is that? The restructuring el-Rufai recommended in 2018, which one is that?
The restructuring Buhari agreed with (Tunde) Bakare and he contested election with him in 2011, which one is that? Bakare still says it loud and clear that it is restructuring I agreed with you before I contested election with you.”

Nigeria’s unity negotiable, Afenifere leader slams Buhari
Adebanjo said at 93, he is a very unhappy man because Nigeria’s original Independence constitution, which outlined true federalism and agreed upon by the founding fathers of the country was suspended by the military after the 1966 coup.

The Afenifere leader said that the 1960 Constitution embrace fiscal federalism and encouraged regional autonomy, noting that restructuring is the way forward.

He insisted that the 1999 Constitution foisted on the country by the military is a fraud and there is the need to revisit the law guiding how Nigerians agree to live together.

The nonagenarian said, “How can you say a product of the fraud would amend the fraud?

“They cannot rule us under the rule of the thumb and those of us who fought for democracy will keep quiet? No, it can’t work.

“In 2021, Buhari telling me Nigeria’s constitution is not negotiable? What a balderdash! What an insult! That is not the agreement we made with the founding fathers.

https://www.akelicious.net/i-dont-believe-in-2023-elections-afenifere-leader-adebanjo/

Re: I Don’t Believe In 2023 Elections -afenifere Leader Adebanjo by pauladonis(m): 3:16am On Oct 03, 2021
2023 is just around the corner.
Re: I Don’t Believe In 2023 Elections -afenifere Leader Adebanjo by updatechange(m): 3:32am On Oct 03, 2021
Hope the tone won't change before 2023
Re: I Don’t Believe In 2023 Elections -afenifere Leader Adebanjo by DrSamOnowu87(m): 5:03am On Oct 03, 2021
Sir aren't u championing,shouting Tinubu d best candidate again? The Northern Governors/elders don serve una we still believe in 1 unstable,epileptic najeriyia hot undone beans with d outcome of their meeting recently?
U better join Oduduwa Republic agitation on time bcus there will nothing called Najeriyia in 2023 as for we in d East there is nothing like Najeriyia here again. No zoo police,army,navy on our road again, waterways, no zoo public holiday(s),executive,state or lga order and recentnly no zoo flag etc. We don jakpa 90% just remaining 10%.

Re: I Don’t Believe In 2023 Elections -afenifere Leader Adebanjo by sapientia(m): 5:32am On Oct 03, 2021
By the time 2021 finishes, Nigerians might have sense
Re: I Don’t Believe In 2023 Elections -afenifere Leader Adebanjo by PrinceOfLagos: 5:41am On Oct 03, 2021
I laugh Tinubu

I just pity him

This man was singing his praises the other day but look at what he's saying now about him grin

Tinubu should be careful not to spend all his money in the bullion vans on this sycophants so that we don't have a repeat of late chief Moshood kashimawo olawale abiola (MKO) again

I come in peace
Re: I Don’t Believe In 2023 Elections -afenifere Leader Adebanjo by helinues: 6:39am On Oct 03, 2021
Sorry to say but that's dementia talk
Re: I Don’t Believe In 2023 Elections -afenifere Leader Adebanjo by helinues: 6:41am On Oct 03, 2021
PrinceOfLagos:
I laugh Tinubu

I just pity him

This man was singing his praises the other day but look at what he's saying now about him grin

Tinubu should be careful not to spend on his money in the bullion vans on this sycophants so that we don't have a repeat of late chief Moshood kashimawo olawale abiola (MKO) again

I come in peace

You need to pity yourself first.

What do you know about politics? Which major political events have you supported in the last 6 years in this country that have been the real deal.

You think winning an election is by chestbeating or wailing on social media?

Una eyes to soon clear

1 Like

Re: I Don’t Believe In 2023 Elections -afenifere Leader Adebanjo by PrinceOfLagos: 6:45am On Oct 03, 2021
helinues:

You need to pity yourself first.

What do you know about politics? Which major political events have you supported in the last 6 years in this country that have been the real deal.

You think winning an election is by chestbeating or wailing on social media?

Una eyes to soon clear

The difference between me and you is that you came to this life to be a party supporter while I cme to this life to rule over your life.

We are not on the same level , I lead and all you do s to support me.
Re: I Don’t Believe In 2023 Elections -afenifere Leader Adebanjo by helinues: 6:49am On Oct 03, 2021
PrinceOfLagos:

The difference between me and you is that you came to this life to be a party supporter while I cme to this life to rule over you and your likes..

We are not on the same level , I lead and all you do s to support me.

Rule? Is that why you couldn't name just one single thing you have supported recently that came to be?

On this same NL, I have no lost any major support since I have been active for years, while you and your likes have been bench warmer when it comes to issues that matter...

Except if rule don get new meaning Sha cos it seems you people get different dictionary from the common one
Re: I Don’t Believe In 2023 Elections -afenifere Leader Adebanjo by NGpatriot: 7:01am On Oct 03, 2021
Election neva land and these clowns don accept defeat already...

grin grin grin

Re: I Don’t Believe In 2023 Elections -afenifere Leader Adebanjo by PrinceOfLagos: 7:05am On Oct 03, 2021
helinues:

Rule? Is that why you couldn't name just one single thing you have supported recently that came to be?

On this same NL, I have no lost any major support since I have been active for years, while you and your likes have been bench warmer when it comes to issues that matter...

Except if rule don get new meaning Sha cos it seems you people get different dictionary from the common one
I supported Chelsea and they won the champions league

I supported burna boy and Wizkid and they brought the Grammy home

I supported Emeka Ihedioha and he won the Imo state governorship race before Buhari removed him in a questionable way through the demented supreme court judge

Today, I am supporting Whitemoney and I trust he will win the Big brother naija tonight ..

One person I will never support is Buhari and his deceitful APC

Buhari is a failure and Water and oil don't mix

Re: I Don’t Believe In 2023 Elections -afenifere Leader Adebanjo by helinues: 7:08am On Oct 03, 2021
PrinceOfLagos:

I supported Chelsea and they won the champions league

I supported burna boy and Wizkid and they brought the Grammy home

I supported Emeka Ihedioha and he won the Imo state governorship race before Buhari removed him in a questionable way through the demented supreme court judge

Today, I am supporting Whitemoney and I trust he will win the Big brother naija tonight ..

Funke, come and shee princeofImo state major political achievements in the last 6 years. He supported Ihedioha, 6 months governor... grin cheesy

He supported Burna and Wizkid in winning the Grammy general world election? sad shocked

The guy even dey watch BBA self.. No wonder his opinions and submissions about events have been like that.

Now that I know, na to place you for where you belong cos we ain't in the same League not to talk of dragging same position...
Re: I Don’t Believe In 2023 Elections -afenifere Leader Adebanjo by PrinceOfLagos: 7:12am On Oct 03, 2021
helinues:

Funke, come and shee princeofImo state major political achievements in the last 6 years.

The guy even dey watch BBA self.. No wonder his opinion and submission about events have been like that.

Now that I know, na to place you for where you belong cos we ain't in the same League not to talk of dragging same position...

I'm in my late twenties so you don't expect me to stay glued to the politics of hate and bitterness Buhari and Tinubu plays
Re: I Don’t Believe In 2023 Elections -afenifere Leader Adebanjo by helinues: 7:15am On Oct 03, 2021
PrinceOfLagos:

I'm in my late twenties so you don't expect me to stay glued to the politics of hate and bitterness Buhari and Tinubu plays

Guy enough abeg, today you are in your late twenties, tomorrow, you would be a grandfather when the kids in the house talk to you anyhow.

Same you have been impersonating a tribe which even in your next life, you can never be one.

FYI, I watched BBA comfortably and conveniently during the era of Late Goldie, Prezzo, Delish when the program was still sane and normal.. That's almost a decade ago. Chai Khaki can never be leather laye laye

Ignoring list activated already...
Re: I Don’t Believe In 2023 Elections -afenifere Leader Adebanjo by Sirjamo: 7:17am On Oct 03, 2021
Whether you believe or not, 2023 election will happen and a president will emerge.

Throughout PDP sixteen years, they were giving contracts to Afenifere and OPC, none of them ask for restructuring.

Nobody can blackmail the APC to practically divide Nigeria in the name of restructuring. Buhari has done some restructuring without making noise. Nothing more will be restructured, if you are not satisfied, go to court.

I AM DONE TALKING
Re: I Don’t Believe In 2023 Elections -afenifere Leader Adebanjo by PrinceOfLagos: 7:23am On Oct 03, 2021
helinues:

Guy enough abeg, today you are in your late twenties, tomorrow, you would be a grandfather when the kids in the house talk to you anyhow.

Same you have been impersonating a tribe which even in your next life, you can never be one.

FYI, I watched BBA comfortably and conveniently during the era of Late Goldie, Prezzo, Delish when the program was still sane and normal.. That's almost a decade ago. Chai Khaki can never be leather laye laye

Ignoring list activated already...
Respect yourself and nobody will talk to you anyhow

So because they are old men i shouldn't castigate them when they play dirty politics with human lives ?

You're one of the problems of Nigeria
Re: I Don’t Believe In 2023 Elections -afenifere Leader Adebanjo by gabolak(m): 7:26am On Oct 03, 2021
No meaningful free and fair election can hold under the present security situation

(1) (Reply)

2023: Is Atiku Passionate About Fixing Nigeria Or Just Desperate? / Okonjo-iweala’s Son, Uchechi, Breaks Medical Record In The US / Bribery Scandal Rocks Soludo’s Camp

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.