Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,206 members, 7,829,317 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:50 AM

Who Is The Keeper Of The Money Bag In Churches - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who Is The Keeper Of The Money Bag In Churches (2217 Views)

Cash Crunch: Tithes, Offerings Drop In Churches / Corruption In Nigeria: Even In Churches, Ushers Steal From Offerings – PFN Chief / Lack Of Manners In Churches These Days (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Is The Keeper Of The Money Bag In Churches by Nobody: 12:53am On May 30, 2011
[size=15pt]John 12:6
He did not say this because he cared about the poor but because he was a thief; as keeper of the money bag, he used to help himself to what was put into it.
[/size]

[size=15pt]Judas was the one in charge of the money bag and he was the only thief amongst the disciples. If this could happen inside the gathering of Jesus, I just wonder what is happening to the money bags in churches today! [/size]

[size=15pt]Pastors in charge of the church's money bag do you help youself to what was put in it? If yes then you are the Judas in your church![/size]

[size=15pt]Pastors note that it does not say tithes was put in the bag.[/size]
Re: Who Is The Keeper Of The Money Bag In Churches by Joagbaje(m): 4:34am On May 30, 2011
I thought you guys claim Jesus never collected money.
Re: Who Is The Keeper Of The Money Bag In Churches by KunleOshob(m): 7:42am On May 30, 2011
^^^

There is no evidence in that passage Jesus collected money from those he preached to. The fact that they had a money bag indicates Jesus and the disciples had a common purse which was how early christians lived. The passage is silent on how the purse was funded so don't force your greedy bias into it.
Re: Who Is The Keeper Of The Money Bag In Churches by Nobody: 8:06am On May 30, 2011
Joagbaje
I thought you guys claim Jesus never collected money.

[size=15pt]The verse does not say tithes was put in the money bag, it says that money was put in the bag, from who we are not told, as there is no where we are told that Jesus asked his followers for money.[/size]
Re: Who Is The Keeper Of The Money Bag In Churches by mrofficial(m): 1:24pm On May 30, 2011
@MrBible, you dey vex ooo.
Re: Who Is The Keeper Of The Money Bag In Churches by ogaemma: 1:30pm On May 30, 2011
MrBible:

Joagbaje
[size=15pt]The verse does not say tithes was put in the money bag, it says that money was put in the bag, from who we are not told, as there is no where we are told that Jesus asked his followers for money.[/size]

blasphemy ! pls delete this post now. And you Joagbaje never you mention the name Jesus on this idiotic post again.
Re: Who Is The Keeper Of The Money Bag In Churches by TayoD1(m): 1:45pm On May 30, 2011
@MrBible,

as there is no where we are told that Jesus asked his followers for money.
Have you ever read Mark 15:41?

Mark 14: 40 There were also women looking on afar off: among whom was Mary Magdalene, and Mary the mother of James the less and of Joses, and Salome; 41 (Who also, when he was in Galilee, followed him, and ministered unto himwink and many other women which came up with him unto Jerusalem.

And for those who who still want to argue, the same assertion is made with more clarity in Luke 8:3.

Luke 8: 1 And it came to pass afterward , that he went throughout every city and village, preaching and shewing the glad tidings of the kingdom of God: and the twelve were with him, 2 And certain women, which had been healed of evil spirits and infirmities, Mary called Magdalene, out of whom went seven devils, 3 And Joanna the wife of Chuza Herod's steward, and Susanna, and many others, which ministered unto him of their substance .
Re: Who Is The Keeper Of The Money Bag In Churches by Enigma(m): 2:11pm On May 30, 2011
Tayo-D

Long time; you been abandon this place (camp for politics)? {In fairness, I did the same (but camping in satellite TV section) for quite an extended time after those early days}.

Greetings.
Re: Who Is The Keeper Of The Money Bag In Churches by TayoD1(m): 2:19pm On May 30, 2011
@Enigma,

Thanks jare. Yep, it was a self-imposed break from the section. I wasn't sure I was doing more good than harm with the constant arguing. These are issues of life and death and therefore must be approached with care and prayerfulness. I doubt I was doing both and the best thing was to take a break.
Re: Who Is The Keeper Of The Money Bag In Churches by Nobody: 2:24pm On May 30, 2011
Tayo-D
Have you ever read Mark 15:41?
And for those who who still want to argue, the same assertion is made with more clarity in Luke 8:3.
[size=15pt]But the verses you quoted does not say that Jesus asked for money.[/size]
Re: Who Is The Keeper Of The Money Bag In Churches by Nobody: 2:34pm On May 30, 2011
ogaemma
blasphemy ! pls delete this post now. And you Joagbaje never you mention the name Jesus on this idiotic post again.
[size=15pt]Baby food is even too hard for you, you need breastt milk. When you have grown up then you can come back and post here. For now go and enjoy your breastt milk.[/size]
Re: Who Is The Keeper Of The Money Bag In Churches by wetu: 2:40pm On May 30, 2011
They ministered to Jesus out of their substance (could be food, water, money or whatever). Why? Because:

Luk 9:58 And Jesus said unto him, Foxes have holes, and birds of the air have nests; but the Son of man hath not where to lay his head.

The same cannot be said of today's prosperity preachers.
Re: Who Is The Keeper Of The Money Bag In Churches by TayoD1(m): 2:55pm On May 30, 2011
@MrBible,

But the verses you quoted does not say that Jesus asked for money.
What exactly is your point? The Bible is very clear that those who receive ministry must minister physical substance to their teachers.  Whether he asked for it or not is irrelevant.  What is relevant is that his ministry was sustained by the giving of those he ministered to. How else do you think he met the needs of himself as well as the needs of his Disciples and by extension their families?
Re: Who Is The Keeper Of The Money Bag In Churches by Nobody: 3:11pm On May 30, 2011
TAYO-D
What exactly is your point? The Bible is very clear that those who receive ministry must minister physical substance to their teachers.  Whether he asked for it or not is irrelevant.  What is relevant is that his ministry was sustained by the giving of those he ministered to. How else do you think he met the needs of himself as well as the needs of his Disciples and by extension their families?
[size=15pt]You mean tithes and prosperity teachers![/size]
Re: Who Is The Keeper Of The Money Bag In Churches by TayoD1(m): 3:24pm On May 30, 2011
@MrBible,

You mean tithe and prosperity teachers!
You can't preach the Bible and not be a prosperity preacher. Can you support that God wants people to be poor from the Bible? In any case, I will not be drawn into your biases. The issue remains clear and you are yet to refute it by any cogent reasons from the scriptures.

1 Corinthians 9:14 In the same way, the Lord has commanded that those who preach the gospel should receive their living from the gospel
Re: Who Is The Keeper Of The Money Bag In Churches by Nobody: 3:37pm On May 30, 2011
Tayo-D
You can't preach the Bible and not be a prosperity preacher. Can you support that God wants people to be poor from the Bible?

[size=15pt]Jesus told us you will always have the poor among you.[/size]
[size=15pt]Matthew 26:11
The poor you will always have with you, but you will not always have me.
[/size]

[size=15pt]Now we have prosperity preachers around us that are making even more people poor.[/size]
Re: Who Is The Keeper Of The Money Bag In Churches by newmi(m): 4:44pm On May 30, 2011
@ Poster
"Who Is The Keeper Of The Money Bag In Churches"
Why would you wish to know
Re: Who Is The Keeper Of The Money Bag In Churches by TayoD1(m): 5:03pm On May 30, 2011
Mr Bible,

You really need to settle down and understand the Bible you are zealous to defend. My little interaction with you so far suggests one who though has zeal, lacks knowledge.
Re: Who Is The Keeper Of The Money Bag In Churches by Nobody: 5:03pm On May 30, 2011
newmi
@ Poster
"Who Is The Keeper Of The Money Bag In Churches"
Why would you wish to know  

The reason is already in my original post.
Re: Who Is The Keeper Of The Money Bag In Churches by Nobody: 5:12pm On May 30, 2011
Tayo-D
You really need to settle down and understand the Bible you are zealous to defend.  My little interaction with you so far suggests one who though has zeal, lacks knowledge.

[size=15pt]You asked the question below and I gave you the answer Jesus gave and your response was to show us you are still a baby that needs baby milk. When you are ready for solid food in the word then come back and post your comments. For now go and suck breastt milk [/size]

Tayo-D
You can't preach the Bible and not be a prosperity preacher. Can you support that God wants people to be poor from the Bible?

[size=15pt]Jesus told us you will always have the poor among you.[/size]
[size=15pt]Matthew 26:11
The poor you will always have with you, but you will not always have me.
[/size]

[size=15pt]Now we have prosperity preachers around us that are making even more people poor.[/size]
Re: Who Is The Keeper Of The Money Bag In Churches by TayoD1(m): 5:13pm On May 30, 2011
@MrBible,

I commend you to God and to the Word of His Grace.
Re: Who Is The Keeper Of The Money Bag In Churches by Nobody: 5:24pm On May 30, 2011
Tayo-D
[size=15pt]You should commend yourself to God and to the Word of His Grace.[/size]
Re: Who Is The Keeper Of The Money Bag In Churches by ogoamaka99(m): 11:36pm On May 30, 2011
@mrBible,
It is unfortunate or rather pathetic that someone who claims to be mrBible is spiritually ignorant of the Bible. For your information the BIBLE is a Spiritual book and takes the Spirit of GOD to understand and interpret it. So i advice you to stop messing around quoting verses of the BIBLE you don't even understand the meaning. Remember 2Cor 3:6 Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.
Be careful the BIBLE is two edged sword which if you mishandle it can slaughter you.
Re: Who Is The Keeper Of The Money Bag In Churches by Nobody: 12:00am On May 31, 2011
^^

What on earth are you talking about ?
Re: Who Is The Keeper Of The Money Bag In Churches by Nobody: 2:30am On May 31, 2011
ogoamaka99
Be careful the BIBLE is two edged sword which if you mishandle it can slaughter you.

[size=15pt]It is you your two edged sword  Bible will slaughter since you are using your two edged sword Bible to put people in bondage in order satisfy your greed and wickedness. If you are like Judas and you have been helping yourself to the church's money you better repeant or else your two edged sword Bible will slaugther you.[/size]

(1) (Reply)

Christ Embassy Explains N1000 Gate Fee: “to Limit The Huge Number Of Worshippers / Esua I Hate, Jacob I Love Why / Do Atheists Experience Nightmares

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.