Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,013 members, 7,817,986 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:50 AM

True Federalism: The Real Path To A Secured Future In Nigeria! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / True Federalism: The Real Path To A Secured Future In Nigeria! (1378 Views)

Yoruba Leaders Insist On True Federalism- SS/biafra's False Impression debunked / True Federalism: The Solution To Nigeria's Lingering Problems / Aguiyi-ironsi Killed True Federalism In Nigeria, Says Ishola Williams (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

True Federalism: The Real Path To A Secured Future In Nigeria! by seanet02: 3:48am On May 30, 2011
With persistent call for the realization of True Federalism by majority of ACN party leaders like Asiwaju Tinubu, Bisi Akande, Akinrogun Segun Osoba, Niyi Adebayo and Lam Adesina and other prominent Nigerians like Itse Sagay, Falana and Tam David West for the past 21 years won't it be out of place to just ignore this noble call. Practise of True Federalism we all know will lead to states developing at their own pace, states being less dependent on a corrupt and inept center and massive infrastructural and socio economic developmet of the various parts of the country due to stiff competition by the states. Thinking about going back to regionalization to reduce the cost of governance also. Can we continue to ignore this call, don't you think the North will demand for it once this oil dry up? Shouldn't we southerners remove the bigot lens from our eyes especially our ibo brothers and support this cause? We can not afford to continue to ignore this path to development. This is one of the very reason i can not vote for PDP and CPC because they don't present people who can make this happen. People like Buhari we know are Partisan and will not want the North to suffer even for a second. Gej we all know is a caricature that understands only orders and instruction coming out of another mouth and can never support this. Shine your eyes Nigerians
Re: True Federalism: The Real Path To A Secured Future In Nigeria! by Beaf: 3:54am On May 30, 2011
The drug inspired Tinubu regularly calls for a "federalism" that enlarges the begging bowl only. That is a fools federalism, worse than the current version.
With true federalism, you would not rely on Abuja money, rather the states (including yours) would finance Abuja and innovate to self finance themselves. Tinubu and his people are only asking for more FG money, cos they want more to steal.

I'm all for true federalism which is nothing like the illiterate thing Tinubu is preaching.
Re: True Federalism: The Real Path To A Secured Future In Nigeria! by seanet02: 3:59am On May 30, 2011
Knew you will only see it with your bigot lenses as usual. Maybe Tinubu will also collect the budget of Delta state. One day you will give the nearest Transformer a very warm hug over this Tinubu hatred.
Re: True Federalism: The Real Path To A Secured Future In Nigeria! by Beaf: 4:05am On May 30, 2011
seanet02:

Knew you will only see it with your bigot lenses as usual. Maybe Tinubu will also collect the budget of Delta state. One day you will give the nearest Transformer a very warm hug over this Tinubu hatred.

That is his wet dream. It failed in Akwa Ibom.

Tinubu's "true federalism" is for illiterates who can't be bothered to read and educate themselves.
Do you know the meaning of fiscal federalism? Since Tinubu does'nt, I'm sure you don't too.
Stop posting about true federalism, cos you've got zero grasp of what it is.
Re: True Federalism: The Real Path To A Secured Future In Nigeria! by aljharem3: 4:14am On May 30, 2011
@op

pls do not bring tinubu here

tiunbu = underdevelopment

until tinubu leaves ACN then ACN is a died party nationally
Re: True Federalism: The Real Path To A Secured Future In Nigeria! by ektbear: 4:14am On May 30, 2011
I'm a fan of this federalism proposal. They've done well by getting the governors forum and its members behind it. Hopefully it comes to pass.
Re: True Federalism: The Real Path To A Secured Future In Nigeria! by ektbear: 4:19am On May 30, 2011
And in case it isn't clear. . . Tinubu is not the only one calling for this. Fashola is, the ACN is, Peter Obi of Anambra is, and the largely PDP governors forum is also in support of it.

Your own state's governor thinks it is a good idea.

So let's not try to spin this as some sectarian plot.
Re: True Federalism: The Real Path To A Secured Future In Nigeria! by Beaf: 4:21am On May 30, 2011
With persistent call for the realization of True Federalism by majority of ACN party leaders like Asiwaju Tinubu, Bisi Akande, Akinrogun Segun Osoba, Niyi Adebayo and Lam Adesina

A pack of baboons that want to take the Niger Delta for a ride. We are better off leaving this sorry ship called Nigeria where every rich fool hates working, but loves subventions from the Niger Delta. Its go to stop in the next couple of years or everybody answer ya papa name. cool

The calls from Itse Sagay, Falana and Tam David West are genuine, while those from thieves like Tinubu is pure fvckry. Silk coated words to replace the Fulani at the top of the thieving chain.
Re: True Federalism: The Real Path To A Secured Future In Nigeria! by aljharem3: 4:23am On May 30, 2011
ekt_bear:

And in case it isn't clear. . . Tinubu is not the only one calling for this. Fashola is, the ACN is, Peter Obi of Anambra is, and the largely PDP governors forum is also in support of it.

Your own state's governor thinks it is a good idea.

So let's not try to spin this as some sectarian plot.

trust me once tinubu gets involved that's it

the guy is a regressive

concerning fedralism, then i wish jonathan can do it if he truly care about nigeria, ND and SE
Re: True Federalism: The Real Path To A Secured Future In Nigeria! by aljharem3: 4:24am On May 30, 2011
Beaf:

A pack of baboons that want to take the Niger Delta for a ride. We are better off leaving this sorry ship called Nigeria where every rich fool hates working, but loves subventions from the Niger Delta. Its go to stop in the next couple of years or everybody answer ya papa name. cool

The calls from Itse Sagay, Falana and Tam David West are genuine, while those from thieves like Tinubu is pure fvckry. Silk coated words to replace the Fulani at the top of the thieving chain.

come on don't be an iddeiot undecided

the only baboon here is tinubu and you
Re: True Federalism: The Real Path To A Secured Future In Nigeria! by ektbear: 4:32am On May 30, 2011
alj_harem:

trust me once tinubu gets involved that's it

the guy is a regressive

concerning fedralism, then i wish jonathan can do it if he truly care about nigeria, ND and SE

It is kind of unfortunate that Tinubu has such a bad reputation. If he tells you it is raining outside and water starts splashing on your head, I wonder if people will think it is a trick  undecided

Look, it is sort of obvious that a situation in which:
A) The FG consumes 50%+ of Nigeria's government revenue
B) A large portion of this 50%+ is spent on recurrent expenditure
C) The FG mandating policies from above w/o taking into account differences between states (this minimum wage being a great example)

Is just not a great way to run a country or cause it to grow.

And in addition to slowing down the progress and growth of the country as a whole, by placing so many resources at the center, you encourage corruption and make national politics a do or die affair.

I understand that others also additionally want greater resource control. Which is a fine thing to want. . . but kind of orthogonal to this proposal by the Governors Forum, ACN, etc.
Re: True Federalism: The Real Path To A Secured Future In Nigeria! by ektbear: 4:40am On May 30, 2011
Although resource control (i.e., jacking up the derivation formula from 13% to something much higher) is an entirely different matter than this federalism proposal of the Governors Forum and others, I'm not opposed to it.

However, if you want to practically do this, then it should be spaced out over a 20 or 30 year period of time (in my opinion.)

And if there is resource control, then there may as well be control over local ports, roads, etc (50%+ of Nigeria's containers are imported through Lagos, yet Lagos doesn't get to derive revenue from these imports directly.) And I want to see the territorial waters law expanded fully out, so states like Ondo can derive the full benefit of resources in their territorial waters but which the FG is currently taking the lion's share of.
Re: True Federalism: The Real Path To A Secured Future In Nigeria! by seanet02: 4:43am On May 30, 2011
It is a pity educated people like beaf like seeing things through bigot lense every now and then even on critical issues that affects the nation. The mere fact that the Fg consumes over 50% of the nations income with nothing to show for it goes a long way to tell you this present arrangement is sick. Moreover corruption which is Nigeria's major problem can never be reduced to its barest minimum if the Federal goverment continues to control the lion share in which majority of the funds are looted and perpetrators not being able to be brought to justice due to ethnic and regional sentiments. And for calling ACN leaders names, beaf you are morally dead.
Re: True Federalism: The Real Path To A Secured Future In Nigeria! by seanet02: 4:54am On May 30, 2011
Dapo trust me Arizalt Tinubu have never have any sort of bad reputation in the morally upright in Nigeria and beyond. It is only uninformed and dubious literates like beaf that manipulates and abuse the spread of information on the internet. Have you wondered why the likes of Falana, Itse sagay and all this true democrats maintain a high level of association with Asiwaju Tinubu? They are not doing this for the sake of money, they just appreciate the kind of sacrifize Asiwaju Tinubu makes for Nigerias democracy. When you get to Nigeria you will understand.
Re: True Federalism: The Real Path To A Secured Future In Nigeria! by Beaf: 5:10am On May 30, 2011
seanet02:

It is a pity educated people like beaf like seeing things through bigot lense every now and then even on critical issues that affects the nation. The mere fact that the Fg consumes over 50% of the nations income with nothing to show for it goes a long way to tell you this present arrangement is sick. Moreover corruption which is Nigeria's major problem can never be reduced to its barest minimum if the Federal goverment continues to control the lion share in which majority of the funds are looted and perpetrators not being able to be brought to justice due to ethnic and regional sentiments. And for calling ACN leaders names, beaf you are morally dead.

Dude, you can talk your crap, but everyones gotta work for their pay. At some point, the ND will lose patience; we just haven't seen that finale because they feel Jonathan would have a listening ear as well as first hand understanding of the suffering pollution causes. If Yar Adua was still in power, by now we would have been in full scale war and we hold all the aces, immense purse strings against a shameless nation that wants to put up its feet and dump on minorities.

I don't care for toads and slime balls like Tinubu. If you worship him thats your call, if you are decieved into handing your woman and family to him, that too is your call.
Let your state feed itself instead of bothering where federal funds come from. That would be a start, only babies should be fed, not grown up lazy fcks.
Re: True Federalism: The Real Path To A Secured Future In Nigeria! by Kilode1: 4:31pm On May 30, 2011
Beaf:

Dude, you can talk your crap, but everyones gotta work for their pay. At some point, the ND will lose patience; we just haven't seen that finale because they feel Jonathan would have a listening ear as well as first hand understanding of the suffering pollution causes.  If Yar Adua was still in power, by now we would have been in full scale war and we hold all the aces, immense purse strings against a shameless nation that wants to put up its feet and dump on minorities.

I don't care for toads and slime balls like Tinubu. If you worship him thats your call, if you are decieved into handing your woman and family to him, that too is your call.

Let your state feed itself instead of bothering where federal funds come from. That would be a start, only babies should be fed, not grown up lazy fcks.

. . .and you think Tinubu disagrees with this?

I'm more worried about the idi/ots we just elected back into the Senate. I'm more worried about the Pro-establishment, The-center-must-stay-strong fo.ols hanging around GEJ, including OBJ and other self-important thieves who are heavily invested in the current system. Especially the Energy industry.

People like Danjuma and his awuuf oil block, People like IBB, Otedola(who I believe is a front for some bigger players) I can keep on typing names of people who I believe are making massive dollars from the current system and therefore will not be happy about True Federalism.

If you are speaking about Tinubu because of his Oando( Wale Tinubu ) connection, I'll understand, beyond that, politically, I think the guy has been an out-spoken supporter of federalism than most of the folks with power to actually bring those changes.

While I can't vouch for Tinubu 100%, I still think you are focusing on the wrong person.

I can't wait for the ND to lose patience though, they really need to. All these thugs making money on the side while shouting emancipation in public are clearly not helping us at all. We need a more pro-active more purposeful movement to help GEJ pass these reforms through the Senate. It does not even need to be violent, and it could be.

Speaking of GEJ, although I did not support him and his party, I really hope he succeeds at pushing needed structural reforms, but he will need to sell his idea the same way he sold his candidacy to both educated and starkly illiterate Nigerians alike.

GEJ will need to get the people behind these reforms by all means necessary(public campaign, Public propaganda, strong-arming the Senate, calling EFCC on their backside.es e.t.c) or else these goons hanging around Abuja will pull the rug from under him. GEJ needs to hit the ground running on these issues before the honeymoon period is over.

[Slightly off topic] BTW, Have you read the full PIB bill? I read quite a bit yesterday (it was dated 2010 though, don't know if there are new changes) and I'm still worried about a few things in it, chiefly, how to ensure that the Nigerian content is properly implemented by preventing foreign companies from using greedy, selfish Nigerians as fronts since that will defeat the purpose of the bill.

Also, there seems to be silence about ND environmental pollution or maybe I've not read up to that stage yet.

I also like the call for an independent, commercial or privately owned NNPC, while we shift the regulatory duties to DPR of any other parastatal. NNPC needs to be a public quoted company.

(1) (Reply)

I Am Tour Ondo State Now. Expekting Some Nice Photos Soon / Oil And Gas Potential High In Benue State – Research / Naive GEJ About To Hand His Life To Boko Haramites

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.