Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,519 members, 7,826,955 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 12:39 AM

Pandora Papers: Global Investigation Exposes Secrets Of Some Of Nigeria’s Elite - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pandora Papers: Global Investigation Exposes Secrets Of Some Of Nigeria’s Elite (42760 Views)

Peter Obi Reacts To Pandora Papers Scandal / Pandora Papers: Global Investigation Exposes Secrets Of Some Of Nigeria’s Rich / Trapped By Coronavirus, Nigeria’s Elite Faces Squalid Hospitals - Bloomberg (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pandora Papers: Global Investigation Exposes Secrets Of Some Of Nigeria’s Elite by solonubinho(m): 6:29am On Oct 04, 2021
TheSupleemLeada:

Why would a Nigerian business man with known political ties keep money offshore? Tax evasion....and tax evasion is illegal. Plus am not sure even that law you speak of applies to Nigeria.

First, a Businessman with or without known political ties is NOT a public officer. No matter how you try to bend it using emotions, he is NOT a public officer. A person does not become a public officer merely by virtue of his association or political ties.

Secondly, there is a difference between tax evasion and tax avoidance. Evasion is a crime, avoidance isnt. Keeping money in tax havens is not evasion, its avoidance.

Third, there is no Nigerian law that makes it illegal for a businessman to have such arrangements.

I think trying to drag businessmen into this is more of an emotional argument than a logical one and I understand but that doesnt get anyone far in life you know, you need to work for your money as well. For public officials, you can drag them anyhow you like, not my business.

1 Like

Re: Pandora Papers: Global Investigation Exposes Secrets Of Some Of Nigeria’s Elite by CioAngels(f): 6:33am On Oct 04, 2021
Judolisco:
Some governors and cjn go Don dey fear right now... No peace for d wicked
Fear, at all, because they know nothing will come out of is, because, the prosecutor will also be prosecuted. So, the case will just be there, dead, unprosecuted.
Re: Pandora Papers: Global Investigation Exposes Secrets Of Some Of Nigeria’s Elite by CioAngels(f): 6:53am On Oct 04, 2021
OBku4:
Nonsense!
Nigeria has been killed and buried, since the beginning of military dispensation to date. Nothing is happening to theses people because they are all accomplices. The government said Nigerians should stop abusing their leaders so that they will have power to continue to steal the country dry. With this one's, it is curses that, they now need, where are the Traditionalist, can they say the sufferings they are going through be, bequeathed to their children and those yet unborn? I can see why, they said Nigerians should not talk about their evil doings, but be permanently quiet. The Nigerians leaders are all Vampires. May God judge them violently and bring them to public shame. I can now see why they coarsed the Catholic church to stop offering the "prayers against Corruption in Nigeria." I thought the Catholic Bishops were bold enough not to stop that prayer? What a big shame to the Church.
Re: Pandora Papers: Global Investigation Exposes Secrets Of Some Of Nigeria’s Elite by GideonOluwatobi(m): 7:10am On Oct 04, 2021
Thiefs everywhere but what about bokoharam sponsors?
Re: Pandora Papers: Global Investigation Exposes Secrets Of Some Of Nigeria’s Elite by sematec(m): 7:41am On Oct 04, 2021
No wonder Nigeria is broke
offshore companies for siphoning Nigeria wealths and yet expect improvement in dollar to naira ratios.
Re: Pandora Papers: Global Investigation Exposes Secrets Of Some Of Nigeria’s Elite by kafeii123: 8:46am On Oct 04, 2021
NwaNimo1:

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/487959-pandora-papers-global-investigation-exposes-secrets-of-some-of-nigerias-rich-and-powerful.html

Whoever is contriving this as a rebuttal to David Hundeyin's expose of Nigeria's nothern leaders and their barefaced sponsoring of boko Haram... terrorism and banditry is taking on hard job...

All corruption is bad ..but using corruption to push genocide and treasonable agendas ...yet walking free.is another level of crass inhumanity.... Such people deserve more than bullets in my opinion.....but we're here.... exactly where they all want us...with our very own leaders' bought supports..and there's almost no getting out at the moment
Re: Pandora Papers: Global Investigation Exposes Secrets Of Some Of Nigeria’s Elite by LionTiger(m): 10:11am On Oct 04, 2021
So Premium Times is afraid to go up North.
I can only see South and few Middle Belt mentioned.
As for Dangote, the tax ovation issue has been going on for decades.
Re: Pandora Papers: Global Investigation Exposes Secrets Of Some Of Nigeria’s Elite by AuthegaPRIMUS(m): 1:40pm On Oct 04, 2021

Re: Pandora Papers: Global Investigation Exposes Secrets Of Some Of Nigeria’s Elite by efealltymz(m): 8:03pm On Oct 04, 2021
I came here to find one name only. *Chief James Onanefe Ibori* The odidigborigbo of delta state. If his name wasn't there, I for talk say they paper na fake.
Re: Pandora Papers: Global Investigation Exposes Secrets Of Some Of Nigeria’s Elite by HRHQueenPhil(f): 5:08pm On Oct 05, 2021
That meana Peter Obi is innocent of the accusations
Glory to God
Re: Pandora Papers: Global Investigation Exposes Secrets Of Some Of Nigeria’s Elite by budaatum: 3:28pm On Oct 07, 2021
Sorry to bother but has anyone put this list to the Federal Character test please.

I'd like to see how many is cow.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Military Bursts Gun Factory In Plateau / Tension As Group Storm APC Headquarters Protesting (Photos) / Check Out This Advert On Today's Sun Newspaper.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.