Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,099 members, 7,849,432 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 09:29 PM

LASG Reads Riot Act To Nightclubs, Bars Over Noise Pollution. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / LASG Reads Riot Act To Nightclubs, Bars Over Noise Pollution. (10527 Views)

APC To Governor Adeleke: Stop Twerking In Lagos & Abuja Nightclubs, Face Govt. / Lagos Government Seals Mosque, Church, Club Over Noise Pollution / Wike Bans Nightclubs, Prostitution In Port Harcourt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: LASG Reads Riot Act To Nightclubs, Bars Over Noise Pollution. by byteem: 6:24am On Oct 04, 2021
Zetty177x:
Churches n mosque nko? And those preaching with microphones in the early hours of the morning. Pls u guys especially those preaching as early as 5am on a Saturday morning, don't u think we should have our Saturday mornings after a hard week? Una wicked o. Or no conscience

I almost released my dog on one the other day.. very annoying set of people..
Re: LASG Reads Riot Act To Nightclubs, Bars Over Noise Pollution. by CJ310(m): 6:28am On Oct 04, 2021
We also need them to come and catch some street evangelists that would come to someone’s area very early in the morning to disturb one’s sleep.
Re: LASG Reads Riot Act To Nightclubs, Bars Over Noise Pollution. by naptu2: 6:45am On Oct 04, 2021
free2ryhme:

interesting

were you not the same govt that gave them operating license

Actually it's not that simple. There are a lot of issues involved. You'll see some of them if you click through the links in the second post.

1) Violation of planning rules and permits:

Unfortunately a lot of people believe that they can do whatever they want because they own a piece of land or a building. Some people illegally convert residences into worship centres, businesses and so on and so forth and they launch propaganda wars against the government if government tries to demolish or seal their property. In fact, in some cases, these people don't even own the land. I'll give you one of the most infamous examples.

The MacGregor Canal

Dr William MacGregor was colonial governor of Lagos from 1899 till 1902. He was a medical doctor and so he took particular interest in the health of Lagosians. Malaria was one of the biggest problems at the time and so he dug a canal, now known as the MacGregor Canal, to drain the swamps that had become breeding grounds for mosquitoes. The MacGregor Canal separates Lagos Island from Ikoyi Island.

The size of the canal was slightly reduced when the Federal Government built Ring Road/3rd Mainland Bridge in the 1970s.

That canal serves a very important function by draining excess rain water from Ikoyi, Obalende and parts of Lagos Island. Basically, it helps to prevent flooding.

Can you imagine that someone went to build a church right across the canal?? They sandfilled the Lagoon end of the canal and built a church right across it. Obviously they did not have any permit to do that. That was one of the early problems that Governor Fashola had to deal with. He went there to tell them that they had to move their things because the government was going to demolish the place. In response the owners of the church launched a propaganda war against the government. They said that Governor Fashola was attacking Christians because he is a Muslim. I was shocked to see the then chairman of CAN in Lagos State (who is a popular pastor), support the idea that Fashola was attacking Christians, just because he ordered the demolition of the church.

I had a friend that lived on Victoria Island and I remember what she told me about a man that built a massive mall in what used to be a quiet residential area. The people, the local government and state government officials complained, but the man insisted that he owned the land and he could do whatever he wanted with it (he also had friends in the Federal Military Government at that time). Will you blame the government if they choose to demolish his mall now?

2) Lagos State rules about noise pollution:

There are rules that establishments must follow, even when they have permits. Lagos State rules say that you must not make over 55 decibels of noise during the day and over 45 decibels at night. The rules also state that bars, night clubs, churches, mosques, etc. need to soundproof their premises, so that they can have their noise, but it won't disturb their neighbours. The rules (which were agreed to by the muslim and christian associations in the state) also state that these establishments should not have external speakers, so that they do not disturb their neighbours. You might notice that one of the complaints against this establishment is that they have massive external speakers on their premises.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: LASG Reads Riot Act To Nightclubs, Bars Over Noise Pollution. by compton11(m): 6:46am On Oct 04, 2021
IamCookie:
What about Churches within residentials...
both are the same with dance

1 Like

Re: LASG Reads Riot Act To Nightclubs, Bars Over Noise Pollution. by techWriter3: 7:13am On Oct 04, 2021
liaise the Lagos State Environmental Protection Agency (LASEPA).
Re: LASG Reads Riot Act To Nightclubs, Bars Over Noise Pollution. by airsaylongcome: 7:17am On Oct 04, 2021
The usual noise from Lagos State government. This is just a shake down statement so the clubs can get the bribe money ready
Re: LASG Reads Riot Act To Nightclubs, Bars Over Noise Pollution. by Zainabthegirl1(f): 7:34am On Oct 04, 2021
Hmmm
Re: LASG Reads Riot Act To Nightclubs, Bars Over Noise Pollution. by obakorex: 8:01am On Oct 04, 2021
Thank God am now in a community where I bearly hear such noises, I always have my sound sleep. Any day any preacher comes near my house to disturb my sleep, na cutlass I will use matchet d preacher. Nobody should come and preach for me, I knw abt my religion, I knw what is good and bad, and what my Almighty is against with.
Re: LASG Reads Riot Act To Nightclubs, Bars Over Noise Pollution. by cunny88(m): 8:09am On Oct 04, 2021
Why is the emphasis on lekki, this is a menace in every part of lagos
Re: LASG Reads Riot Act To Nightclubs, Bars Over Noise Pollution. by Lexusgs430: 8:15am On Oct 04, 2021
naptu2:

We are headline readers...... angry

Read the second post.
Re: LASG Reads Riot Act To Nightclubs, Bars Over Noise Pollution. by Nobody: 8:16am On Oct 04, 2021
This can only be enforced in high-brow areas grin grin

Obalende - Generators and toxic fumes
Lagos Island - Clubs and Cult and Street parties every night till December 31st
Egbeda - Stripclubs (kobo-kobo) and generator noise
Ikeja - all-round clubs and parties
Aguda - Churches and members loud gospel music and Hell-threats in the morning till 9AM
Re: LASG Reads Riot Act To Nightclubs, Bars Over Noise Pollution. by dacillin: 8:43am On Oct 04, 2021
naptu2:

Actually it's not that simple. There are a lot of issues involved. You'll see some of them if you click through the links in the second post.

1) Violation of planning rules and permits:

Unfortunately a lot of people believe that they can do whatever they want because they own a piece of land or a building. Some people illegally convert residences into worship centres, businesses and so on and so forth and they launch propaganda wars against the government if government tries to demolish or seal their property. In fact, in some cases, these people don't even own the land. I'll give you one of the most infamous examples.

The MacGregor Canal

Dr William MacGregor was colonial governor of Lagos from 1899 till 1902. He was a medical doctor and so he took particular interest in the health of Lagosians. Malaria was one of the biggest problems at the time and so he dug a canal, now known as the MacGregor Canal, to drain the swamps that had become breeding grounds for mosquitoes. The MacGregor Canal separates Lagos Island from Ikoyi Island.

The size of the canal was slightly reduced when the Federal Government built Ring Road/3rd Mainland Bridge in the 1970s.

That canal serves a very important function by draining excess rain water from Ikoyi, Obalende and parts of Lagos Island. Basically, it helps to prevent flooding.

Can you imagine that someone went to build a church right across the canal?? They sandfilled the Lagoon end of the canal and built a church right across it. Obviously they did not have any permit to do that. That was one of the early problems that Governor Fashola had to deal with. He went there to tell them that they had to move their things because the government was going to demolish the place. In response the owners of the church launched a propaganda war against the government. They said that Governor Fashola was attacking Christians because he is a Muslim. I was shocked to see the then chairman of CAN in Lagos State (who is a popular pastor), support the idea that Fashola was attacking Christians, just because he ordered the demolition of the church.

I had a friend that lived on Victoria Island and I remember what she told me about a man that built a massive mall in what used to be a quiet residential area. The people, the local government and state government officials complained, but the man insisted that he owned the land and he could do whatever he wanted with it (he also had friends in the Federal Military Government at that time). Will you blame the government if they choose to demolish his mall now?

2) Lagos State rules about noise pollution:

There are rules that establishments must follow, even when they have permits. Lagos State rules say that you must not make over 55 decibels of noise during the day and over 45 decibels at night. The rules also state that bars, night clubs, churches, mosques, etc. need to soundproof their premises, so that they can have their noise, but it won't disturb their neighbours. The rules (which were agreed to by the muslim and christian associations in the state) also state that these establishments should not have external speakers, so that they do not disturb their neighbours. You might notice that one of the complaints against this establishment is that they have massive external speakers on their premises.

@naptu2, i guess you worked with LASEPA. I would like to know you in person.

Pollution unit under Mrs Shonibare has done a great job, that deserves commendation under from the GM, Dr. Fasawe.

And to all the units in Lasepa, well done for good jobs in making Lagos environment healthy to both human and aquatic biota.
Re: LASG Reads Riot Act To Nightclubs, Bars Over Noise Pollution. by dacillin: 8:47am On Oct 04, 2021
NaWeDeyHere:
This can only be enforced in high-brow areas grin grin

Obalende - Generators and toxic fumes
Lagos Island - Clubs and Cult and Street parties every night till December 31st
Egbeda - Stripclubs (kobo-kobo) and generator noise
Ikeja - all-round clubs and parties
Aguda - Churches and members loud gospel music and Hell-threats in the morning till 9AM

Oga you are wrong sir!
There is no way the official we know if you don't make official complaint. They are human se you know.

The agency has different zones that worked in those area you mentioned.
Re: LASG Reads Riot Act To Nightclubs, Bars Over Noise Pollution. by mmsen: 8:50am On Oct 04, 2021
Have they done the same for churches that make noise morning, evening and night?
Re: LASG Reads Riot Act To Nightclubs, Bars Over Noise Pollution. by sommy03(m): 8:51am On Oct 04, 2021
Please add Churches to that list, their speakers nowadays no be here shocked
Re: LASG Reads Riot Act To Nightclubs, Bars Over Noise Pollution. by naptu2: 8:55am On Oct 04, 2021
Wow! I forgot to post the epic 2019 thread!

Here it is.

Woman Reports Noisy Church To LASEPA. Forces Them To Change Venue Of Vigil

Maya lives in me @enitioluwafe

This church behind my house is moving their vigil to another venue outside our estate. According to them, 'one child of perdition kept on reporting to LASEPA'. I own this title if it makes us sleep soundly at night in our abodes. This battle has been won at last. Thank you Jesus.

11:14 AM · May 5, 2019

https://mobile.twitter.com/enitioluwafe/status/1124980622160728064

(The screenshots continue in the next post).

1 Like

Re: LASG Reads Riot Act To Nightclubs, Bars Over Noise Pollution. by naptu2: 8:55am On Oct 04, 2021
Reactions.

1 Like

Re: LASG Reads Riot Act To Nightclubs, Bars Over Noise Pollution. by Sleekfingers: 11:12am On Oct 04, 2021
naptu2:

https://www.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=229612952530099&id=100064441879510

Lagos government should also do something about those useless churches , polluting the air with their useless noise.....

And mosques also....I am tired of their useless noise...as if cotton wool dey for their God ears....

1 Like

Re: LASG Reads Riot Act To Nightclubs, Bars Over Noise Pollution. by Sleekfingers: 11:15am On Oct 04, 2021
iampeterben:
Night and strippers clubs don full Lagos, the government should please do something.

What's wrong with a stripper's club?

1 Like

Re: LASG Reads Riot Act To Nightclubs, Bars Over Noise Pollution. by spirul77: 11:39am On Oct 04, 2021
naptu2:
Contact the Lagos State Environmental Protection Agency (LASEPA).

oga naptu2 are you a blogger sir? Most of your posts don't have links which means you own them, and I must confess I like all your articles, I enjoy them and I begin to wonder, do you do these for the love of it or what's up?
Re: LASG Reads Riot Act To Nightclubs, Bars Over Noise Pollution. by litaninja(m): 1:11pm On Oct 04, 2021
Likewise, is it that jesus or mohammed cannot hear prayers without blaring loud music and screaming speakers?
lonelydora:
Very good. I don't understand the sense behind loud music in bars and night clubs.

Is it that the beer don't taste better with a low volume music?
Re: LASG Reads Riot Act To Nightclubs, Bars Over Noise Pollution. by Okoroawusa: 1:22pm On Oct 04, 2021
CJ310:
We also need them to come and catch some street evangelists that would come to someone’s area very early in the morning to disturb one’s sleep.
Chai! Their noise can be so annoying o!

(1) (2) (Reply)

426 FG Workers Risk Sanctions For Ignoring New Postings / Concerns as APC congresses yet to start in Edo, A-Ibom, Cross River, Rivers / 2023 Presidency: Jonathan Is Eligible To Contest - Group Faults Falana

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.