Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,775 members, 7,817,171 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:41 AM

The Life Of An Ordinary Nigerian Student In The United Kingdom - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / The Life Of An Ordinary Nigerian Student In The United Kingdom (504 Views)

Tanker Accident Claims Life Of Young Man In Enugu State....Graphic Photos / Nigerian Student In Benin Turns Girlfriend To Snake For Money Ritual / Nigerian Student Verbally Abused In A UK Hospital (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Life Of An Ordinary Nigerian Student In The United Kingdom by glowithdan(m): 9:37am On May 30, 2011
Going with the hope of achieving and hiding under the quest of a better education to flee the seemingly doomed economics situation back in Nigeria, only to be hit by the reality of life abroad (UK); many till date rather find it almost impossible to contemplate coming back home, even after studies.

The global economic situation has forced even the citizens of this country out of jobs, or else do one explain the hope of a foreigner?
Statistics has it that, more than 70 percent of Nigerians that graduated from the UK universities in 2007, with expired visa's are still in the country doing nothing meaningful to themselves or or their country of domicile.

As from April, 2011, the UK government will abolish the post study visa (2 years) they give to graduates after the completion of their studies to work, or try fix in into the system (of which presently, there is no system to fit into).

One may then ask, why the rush to abroad to study, when tuition fees alone runs nothing less than 11,500 to 26,000 pounds as the case may be? This piece of information is not to lure you back from following your dreams, but serve as a mirror of what is obtainable here in the United Kingdom.

A word is enough for the wise!!
Re: The Life Of An Ordinary Nigerian Student In The United Kingdom by snowdrops(m): 10:26am On May 30, 2011
very sound advice. but i wonder how many prospective travellers come in here. might have been better in the travel section. hope the moderators are reading this.
Re: The Life Of An Ordinary Nigerian Student In The United Kingdom by maclatunji: 10:34am On Jun 01, 2011
You know our people now, they like to learn the hard way. Inasmuch as what the OP has written is true, our people will say:"Let me get there first, after I get there, I will sort out the rest." Whoever, God has blessed with vision (foresight) is indeed very lucky!

(1) (Reply)

Getting Started / Twin Brothers Die On The Same Day / How Long Have You Spent On Nairaland?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.