Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,845 members, 7,820,942 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:17 AM

Throwback: "I Am A Founding Member Of Pyrate Confraternity" -wole Soyinka (VIDEO - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Throwback: "I Am A Founding Member Of Pyrate Confraternity" -wole Soyinka (VIDEO (1235 Views)

Tension As Pyrate Confraternity Confront MC Oluomo Over Threats To Igbos In Lago / Pyrates Confraternity Officially Responds To The Trending Emilokan Video / Buhari Celebrates WAEC At 70, Says He Was A Founding Member Of The Board (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Throwback: "I Am A Founding Member Of Pyrate Confraternity" -wole Soyinka (VIDEO by king6869: 10:17am On Oct 04, 2021

Re: Throwback: "I Am A Founding Member Of Pyrate Confraternity" -wole Soyinka (VIDEO by dallasi: 10:20am On Oct 04, 2021
Idiot kowai

1 Like

Re: Throwback: "I Am A Founding Member Of Pyrate Confraternity" -wole Soyinka (VIDEO by joyandfaith: 10:23am On Oct 04, 2021
He is foundimg member of pyrate- disaster
He is a founding chairman of FRSC as well - disaster
Re: Throwback: "I Am A Founding Member Of Pyrate Confraternity" -wole Soyinka (VIDEO by Commentor: 10:54am On Oct 04, 2021
joyandfaith:

Can you explain how the Pyrate confraternity is a disaster?

Without a doubt, I know you didn't watch the video, considering when the op posted and when you made your comment.

I would ask you to take time to carry out your research on university fraternities starting from the US (Omega Psi Phi) could be a start.

Then you could juxtapose that with the pyrate confraternity in Nigerian universities before during a comparison with nebulous groups known on campus.

1 Like

Re: Throwback: "I Am A Founding Member Of Pyrate Confraternity" -wole Soyinka (VIDEO by joyandfaith: 11:12am On Oct 04, 2021
Commentor:

Can you explain how the Pyrate confraternity is a disaster?

Without a doubt, I know you didn't watch the video, considering when the op posted and when you made your comment.

I would ask you to take time to carry out your research on university fraternities starting from the US (Omega Psi Phi) could be a start.

Then you could juxtapose that with the pyrate confraternity in Nigerian universities before during a comparison with nebulous groups known on campus.
The video is not new, amigo.
campus cultism started from pyrate. Soyinka and Co formed the group as students. They were 7. Later on, in-fighting caused division. He created monster called campus cultism we have today.
Cultism is bad even in developed nation.

1 Like

Re: Throwback: "I Am A Founding Member Of Pyrate Confraternity" -wole Soyinka (VIDEO by Nobody: 11:15am On Oct 04, 2021
joyandfaith:

If you know the accident rate in Nigeria before FRSC was founded....you won't be making this comment.

There is a reason why FRSC was founded. Accident rates were high in the good old days.(They were so bad that the highway with the highest rate of accidents in the world was at one time in Nigeria) They fell after FRSC came on board.

I agree with you on the Seadogs.

1 Like

Re: Throwback: "I Am A Founding Member Of Pyrate Confraternity" -wole Soyinka (VIDEO by Commentor: 11:25am On Oct 04, 2021
joyandfaith:

campus cultism started from pyrate. Soyinka and Co formed the group as students. They were 7. Later on, in-fighting caused division. He created monster called campus cultism we have today.

With all due respect, you know very little.

There is a difference between a cult and a fraternity.

If Mr. A started a bank in 1901, and till this day the bank exits, then Mr. B breaks out from Mr. A's bank in 2011, would you say Mr. A is a fraud because Mr. B disappeared with depositors funds?

1 Like

Re: Throwback: "I Am A Founding Member Of Pyrate Confraternity" -wole Soyinka (VIDEO by joyandfaith: 11:31am On Oct 04, 2021
anorexicmuster:

If you know the accident rate in Nigeria before FRSC was founded....you won't be making this comment.

There is a reason why FRSC was founded. Accident rates were high in the good old days.(They were so bad that the highway with the highest rate of accidents in the world was at one time in Nigeria) They fell after FRSC came on board.

I agree with you on the Seadogs.

I know about the reason why frsc was formed. I was former member of nysc- frsc club. I participated in their exercise.
The truth now is frsc is now a disaster. It should be merged with transport division of police as part national security restructuring. Just as in other climes, we need EMT in our roads who can provide ABC of resuscitation before victims get to hospitals. We should stop creating future problems in trying to solve present problems due to failure in utilising existing structures in solving them.
Re: Throwback: "I Am A Founding Member Of Pyrate Confraternity" -wole Soyinka (VIDEO by Commentor: 11:34am On Oct 04, 2021
joyandfaith:

I know about the reason why frsc was formed. I was former member of nysc- frsc club. I participated in their exercise.
The truth now is frsc is now a disaster. It should be merged with transport division of police as part national security restructuring. Just as in other climes, we need EMT in our roads who can provide ABC of resuscitation before victims get to hospitals. We should stop creating future problems in trying to solve present problems due to failure in utilising existing structures in solving them.

Has it ever cross your mind that what works in other climes seems to breakdown in Nigeria?

If so, can you explain why?
Re: Throwback: "I Am A Founding Member Of Pyrate Confraternity" -wole Soyinka (VIDEO by joyandfaith: 11:35am On Oct 04, 2021
Commentor:

If Mr. A started a bank in 1901, and till this day the bank exits, then Mr. B breaks out from Mr. A's bank in 2011, would you say Mr. A is a fraud because Mr. B disappeared with depositors funds?

There is no different between occultism, cultism and fraternities in term of operation. Common thing is secret ritual.
Re: Throwback: "I Am A Founding Member Of Pyrate Confraternity" -wole Soyinka (VIDEO by Commentor: 11:38am On Oct 04, 2021
joyandfaith:

There is no different between occultism, cultism and fraternities in term of operation. Common thing is secret ritual.

cheesy

What is wrong with the Nigerian mind?

Can't you ever carry out research without regurgitating what some pastor said or your peers in an echo chamber resonate?

Sheesh.
Re: Throwback: "I Am A Founding Member Of Pyrate Confraternity" -wole Soyinka (VIDEO by obailala(m): 11:41am On Oct 04, 2021
joyandfaith:

Commentor:

Lazy minds are always in search of who to blame for their woes.

1 Like

Re: Throwback: "I Am A Founding Member Of Pyrate Confraternity" -wole Soyinka (VIDEO by joyandfaith: 11:41am On Oct 04, 2021
Commentor:

Has it ever cross your mind that what works in other climes seems to breakdown in Nigeria?

If so, can you explain why?
The reason is that we think we are wise as people.
There is no other country with body like frsc. Police handles traffic offences. EMT- emergency medical team - rescue accident victims and start abc of resuscitation.
It is absurd to keep creating more confusion by establishing more institutions to solve problems that can be solved by strengthening or improving existing institutions that have been handling the problems.
Re: Throwback: "I Am A Founding Member Of Pyrate Confraternity" -wole Soyinka (VIDEO by joyandfaith: 11:46am On Oct 04, 2021
Commentor:

cheesy

What is wrong with the Nigerian mind?

Can't you ever carry out research without regurgitating what some pastor said or your peers in an echo chamber resonate?

Sheesh.

You are being deceived by semantics. Learn more.
Re: Throwback: "I Am A Founding Member Of Pyrate Confraternity" -wole Soyinka (VIDEO by Commentor: 11:46am On Oct 04, 2021
joyandfaith:

The reason is that we think we are wise as people.
There is no other country with body like frsc. Police handles traffic offences. EMT- emergency medical team - rescue accident victims and start abc of resuscitation.
It is absurd to keep creating more confusion by establishing more institutions to solve problems that can be solved by strengthening or improving existing institutions that have been handling the problems.

Running round in circles.

If you like create just one agency to be in charge of crime prevention, fire fighting, Highway Rescue, traffic resolution, if the individuals within such organisation are still poorly educated, corruption, illogical, badly trained, sectarian, etc. Forget it, failure would still be the status quo.
Re: Throwback: "I Am A Founding Member Of Pyrate Confraternity" -wole Soyinka (VIDEO by joyandfaith: 11:49am On Oct 04, 2021
obailala:
Lazy minds are always in search of who to blame for their woes.

Imbeciles are being fooled by idiots. They are being deceived by use of semantics
Re: Throwback: "I Am A Founding Member Of Pyrate Confraternity" -wole Soyinka (VIDEO by joyandfaith: 11:55am On Oct 04, 2021
Commentor:

Running round in circles.

If you like create just one agency to be in charge of crime prevention, fire fighting, Highway Rescue, traffic resolution, if the individuals within such organisation are still poorly educated, corruption, illogical, badly trained, sectarian, etc. Forget it, failure would still be the status quo.

Creating multiple institutions in solving similar problems will only aggravate the problems. The best approach is to strengthen existing institution that has mandate in solving the problem.
Re: Throwback: "I Am A Founding Member Of Pyrate Confraternity" -wole Soyinka (VIDEO by Commentor: 11:57am On Oct 04, 2021
joyandfaith:

Creating multiple institutions in solving similar problems will only aggravate the problems. The best approach is to strengthen existing institution that has mandate in solving the problem.

There's nothing to be strengthened if the people that would deploy the work tools are poorly educated, corrupt and clanish.
Re: Throwback: "I Am A Founding Member Of Pyrate Confraternity" -wole Soyinka (VIDEO by joyandfaith: 12:02pm On Oct 04, 2021
Commentor:

There's nothing to be strengthened if the people that would deploy the work tools are poorly educated, corrupt and clanish.

And the same poorly educated, corrupt and clanish people will be used in starting new institutions and in essence escalating the problem. If problems are identified, they can be soved instead of wasting efforts in duplicating responsibilities.
Re: Throwback: "I Am A Founding Member Of Pyrate Confraternity" -wole Soyinka (VIDEO by Commentor: 12:04pm On Oct 04, 2021
joyandfaith:

And the same poorly educated, corrupt and clanish people will be used in starting new institutions and in essence escalating the problem. If problems are identified, they can be soved instead of wasting efforts in duplicating responsibilities.

You are still running round in circles.

The problem is the people.

When the people are right everything would fall in place.
Re: Throwback: "I Am A Founding Member Of Pyrate Confraternity" -wole Soyinka (VIDEO by joyandfaith: 12:19pm On Oct 04, 2021
Commentor:

You are still running round in circles.

The problem is the people.

When the people are right everything would fall in place.

Is that the reason we need frsc to assume their responsibilities of police. ?
You don't know what you are saying. Pointless.
Re: Throwback: "I Am A Founding Member Of Pyrate Confraternity" -wole Soyinka (VIDEO by Blackfire(m): 10:54am On Oct 05, 2021
This man have destroyed so many lives... he should be arrested

(1) (Reply)

Ministry of Early Salary Payment In Gombe State: Real Or Photoshopped? (Photo) / IPOB Reacts To Murder Of Imo Monarch Whose Corpse Was Dumped At Market Square / One Thing I’ve Noticed About Nairaland Lately

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.