Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,093 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:07 AM

iPhone 13 trash and Why You Should Wait For The Google Pixel 6 - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / iPhone 13 trash and Why You Should Wait For The Google Pixel 6 (3524 Views)

Man Receives Unreleased Google Pixel 7 Pro After Placing Order For Pixel 6 Pro. / Oraimo Power Bank Is Trash / Allcall Mix2 – 5 Reasons You Should Wait For It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: iPhone 13 trash and Why You Should Wait For The Google Pixel 6 by TheOldGods: 8:07am On Oct 05, 2021
IAmshandy:
I have Google Pixel 5a 5G for sale. Just a week Old. Charger and Everything is complete with carton.
Release date: 17 August 2021
Network: 2G 3G 4G 5G
6GB RAM Snapdragon 765G
Battery: 4680mAh
Screen: Gorilla Glass
Fast Charging 18W
Camera is far better than iPhone trust me.
Price N360k negotiable
Check my signature for my contact or call Zero seven zero three five three three five two four five
I will never recommend anyone to buy this phone. At 360k you can wait and get the new Google pixel 6
Re: iPhone 13 trash and Why You Should Wait For The Google Pixel 6 by OneGeek(m): 8:15am On Oct 05, 2021
TheOldGods:
Snapdragon has always been an issue, and Google pixel is not a phone for everyone. Just like iPhone, not everyone can afford a 999$ pixel 6 pro

This is not entirely true. You're right that Pixel devices are not for everyone, but it's only because Google wouldn't sell it out the way anyone would have liked.

They're content with selling only a few hundred thousand units globally, and it has nothing to do with price. Pixel 6 pro might change all that, but not by very much. It won't even come close to Samsung's sale numbers, not to mention iPhone 13 Pro.
Re: iPhone 13 trash and Why You Should Wait For The Google Pixel 6 by OneGeek(m): 8:23am On Oct 05, 2021
The Tenor chipset would have been groundbreaking as OP said, except that it's actually a rebranded chipset.

Google is using existing chipsets (Snapdragon, I think) and throwing in extra ML and AI coprocessors. It means we'll see better camera upgrades and a higher MP count (at long last). Anything more than that is pushing reality a bit too far.
Re: iPhone 13 trash and Why You Should Wait For The Google Pixel 6 by tecnolad(m): 8:38am On Oct 05, 2021
DubaiLandLord2:
Is the picture of the phone out?

Yes bro. Google teased it themselves
Re: iPhone 13 trash and Why You Should Wait For The Google Pixel 6 by tecnolad(m): 8:41am On Oct 05, 2021
TheOldGods:
hiking of price as a natural thing, after all there are only two operating system for phones. iOS and Android. And apple hikes their prices and google needs to do so. People didn't justify the price since alot of people also makes android and they all use Snapdragon. Now if google introduces tenor, and it will definitely beat the Snapdragon simply because google owns android and they now have master to optimise how Google pixel phone works. For example the Google pixel camera can only be ported to androids with Snapdragon, now it will be exclusive to only phones with tenor chipset. And so does alot of things.
Which are all exclusive to android. I don't see iPhone standing a chance if google succeeds with this new pixel 6 and 6 pros

Samsung Exynos variants use Gcam Port. They've always used it
Re: iPhone 13 trash and Why You Should Wait For The Google Pixel 6 by TheOldGods: 9:05am On Oct 05, 2021
OneGeek:
The Tenor chipset would have been groundbreaking as OP said, except that it's actually a rebranded chipset.

Google is using existing chipsets (Snapdragon, I think) and throwing in extra ML and AI coprocessors. It means we'll see better camera upgrades and a higher MP count (at long last). Anything more than that is pushing reality a bit too far.
their architecture is not from the Snapdragon side at all. It more like the Exynos side of thing but different
Re: iPhone 13 trash and Why You Should Wait For The Google Pixel 6 by suffering: 9:55am On Oct 05, 2021
iPhones never go on sale. Every argument is invalid.
Re: iPhone 13 trash and Why You Should Wait For The Google Pixel 6 by OneGeek(m): 12:49pm On Oct 05, 2021
TheOldGods:
their architecture is not from the Snapdragon side at all. It more like the Exynos side of thing but different
Exynos, yeah?

So, it's not built from ground-up like the rest. Like I said, Tenor will be good for camera smarts. Should be. But it wouldn't hold a candle against the A15 Bionic.
Re: iPhone 13 trash and Why You Should Wait For The Google Pixel 6 by TheOldGods: 1:20pm On Oct 05, 2021
OneGeek:

Exynos, yeah?

So, it's not built from ground-up like the rest. Like I said, Tenor will be good for camera smarts. Should be. But it wouldn't hold a candle against the A15 Bionic.
A15 bionic is the 15 edition or should I say the 13th edition of apple processor. This is the first google processor and let's see how it does well with optimisation. It's not all about a fast CPU, if a CPU is fast but has nothing realling maxing out the cores then it's useless. It's like getting an a 32 core CPU but you only do Microsoft word. Lol
Re: iPhone 13 trash and Why You Should Wait For The Google Pixel 6 by OneGeek(m): 1:55pm On Oct 05, 2021
TheOldGods:
A15 bionic is the 15 edition or should I say the 13th edition of apple processor. This is the first google processor and let's see how it does well with optimisation. It's not all about a fast CPU, if a CPU is fast but has nothing realling maxing out the cores then it's useless. It's like getting an a 32 core CPU but you only do Microsoft word. Lol
It's funny that you say "nothing" maxes out the A15. At the end of the day, CPU strength lies in what it can do, not what it will do.

I bet you haven't seen the A15 handle 4k video editing alongside other chipsets. This thing pulls through like you wouldn't believe, and that's some process some chipsets on Android don't even support.

Why do you think PC CPUs can be overclocked? You think a CPU has to be maxed by software applications before we can say it's powerful? Nope.

A powerful PC is powerful, doesn't matter if all you do with it is Microsoft Word.

2 Likes

Re: iPhone 13 trash and Why You Should Wait For The Google Pixel 6 by IAmshandy(m): 2:51pm On Oct 05, 2021
TheOldGods:
I will never recommend anyone to buy this phone. At 360k you can wait and get the new Google pixel 6

Waow! Phone that was released last 2 months and is being sold for ₦420k? I'm selling mine for 360k and your saying all this?

Do you know how much the pixel 6 is?
Re: iPhone 13 trash and Why You Should Wait For The Google Pixel 6 by skywalker240(m): 3:01pm On Oct 05, 2021
Denn has spoked my mind. Android needs some kind of remodification or a totally new platform to exihbit that challenge.
Re: iPhone 13 trash and Why You Should Wait For The Google Pixel 6 by TheOldGods: 4:23pm On Oct 05, 2021
OneGeek:

It's funny that you say "nothing" maxes out the A15. At the end of the day, CPU strength lies in what it can do, not what it will do.

I bet you haven't seen the A15 handle 4k video editing alongside other chipsets. This thing pulls through like you wouldn't believe, and that's some process some chipsets on Android don't even support.

Why do you think PC CPUs can be overclocked? You think a CPU has to be maxed by software applications before we can say it's powerful? Nope.

A powerful PC is powerful, doesn't matter if all you do with it is Microsoft Word.
first off, phones don't have the capability of edit videos on a high end level you talk 4k, because phones shoot 4k and then you edit using your phone, and you think edit 4k video. You won't argue with Me on this so better skip it. As an animator and high level toprated video editor phones are and can never be on par with PC's.

1 Like

Re: iPhone 13 trash and Why You Should Wait For The Google Pixel 6 by TheOldGods: 4:25pm On Oct 05, 2021
IAmshandy:

Waow! Phone that was released last 2 months and is being sold for ₦420k? I'm selling mine for 360k and your saying all this?

Do you know how much the pixel 6 is?
which phone was released last two months? Or is it the pixel 5 that was discontinued and no longer produced? You're funny
Re: iPhone 13 trash and Why You Should Wait For The Google Pixel 6 by OneGeek(m): 5:07pm On Oct 05, 2021
TheOldGods:
first off, phones don't have the capability of edit videos on a high end level you talk 4k, because phones shoot 4k and then you edit using your phone, and you think edit 4k video. You won't argue with Me on this so better skip it. As an animator and high level toprated video editor phones are and can never be on par with PC's.

You've shifted the narrative. Nowhere did I imply that the A15 is on par with a PC when it comes to video editing.

Simple 4k edits are still edits. Ordinary 4k video export would bring most smartphone processors to their knees. A15 can do it in much less time than the flagship Snapdragon and Exynos can manage. That's what we're talking about.

By the way, you should check the iMovie app on an iPhone when you can. You'd find that it can handle 4K editing (could be rudimentary by your standards, but it's still something). It's been doing so since 2015.
Re: iPhone 13 trash and Why You Should Wait For The Google Pixel 6 by TheOldGods: 5:15pm On Oct 05, 2021
OneGeek:

You've shifted the narrative. Nowhere did I imply that the A15 is on par with a PC when it comes to video editing.

Simple 4k edits are still edits. Ordinary 4k video export would bring most smartphone processors to their knees. A15 can do it in much less time than the flagship Snapdragon and Exynos can manage. That's what we're talking about.

By the way, you should check the iMovie app on an iPhone when you can. You'd find that it can handle 4K editing (could be rudimentary by your standards, but it's still something). It's been doing so since 2015.
any high end smartphone can render 4k video shot on a phone. iPhone could do it faster simply because it optimises it's apps specifically for that A15 chip. That's what I am saying. Snapdragon is a general chipset used by so many companies, so performance varies because some android phones comes with a lot of bloatwares which can run in background and make the processor slow. You can have the same Snapdragon on Samsung and pixel but pixel will be faster because Samsung is using third party apps, like third party wallpapers, browser file manger etc which run differently. Tenor chip is now tailored to android specifically. Which means optimisation is the idea from Google, to make android a beast. Android is a stronger operating system than apple I hope you know that. Once the potentials have been tapped then of course iOS is nothing compared to android.. now to Burt's your bubbles. Did you know if you jailbreak an iPhone and start installing apps anyhow, your iPhone gets slow?
Re: iPhone 13 trash and Why You Should Wait For The Google Pixel 6 by OneGeek(m): 5:53pm On Oct 05, 2021
TheOldGods:
any high end smartphone can render 4k video shot on a phone. iPhone could do it faster simply because it optimises it's apps specifically for that A15 chip. That's what I am saying. Snapdragon is a general chipset used by so many companies, so performance varies because some android phones comes with a lot of bloatwares which can run in background and make the processor slow. You can have the same Snapdragon on Samsung and pixel but pixel will be faster because Samsung is using third party apps, like third party wallpapers, browser file manger etc which run differently. Tenor chip is now tailored to android specifically. Which means optimisation is the idea from Google, to make android a beast. Android is a stronger operating system than apple I hope you know that. Once the potentials have been tapped then of course iOS is nothing compared to android.. now to Burt's your bubbles. Did you know if you jailbreak an iPhone and start installing apps anyhow, your iPhone gets slow?

Yes, Tenor would make Android and Pixels faster. But no, Android is not the stronger OS of the two. Not objectively. You prefer Android, and that's just fine. If Tenor would make the OS significantly more optimized, all the better for it.

A custom-built chipset for Android. Hasn't Samsung tried it? With the flak Exynos gets globally, please tell me how a custom-built chipset automatically means a "beastier" Android experience?

Bro, Android is quite resource-intensive. It's open-source. There's no limit to what can be done, and processors can only manage to keep up. I mean, why would a phone have 16GB of RAM? Is it not to help the processor manage the OS better?

Tenor isn't about to revolutionize Android. It can't. Even Google knows that. That's why they focus on key areas and leave the rest. Stellar camera, fluid UI but terrible RAM management, screen problems, meh hardware. The works.

Pixel 6 looks better than previous iterations (much better), Android 12 feels fluid and sleek. It only follows that they use a processor that can keep things running slightly better. Remember they don't use 12MP cameras anymore.

Tenor would do, but don't get your hopes high. Not against the latest iPhones.
Re: iPhone 13 trash and Why You Should Wait For The Google Pixel 6 by Segun2222: 6:03pm On Oct 05, 2021
TheOldGods:

They do not need to build any new operating system have you heard of android one? That's pure android without any stupid bloatware. Now it will get better because the chipset will integrate with android on a whole new level. Imagine more tighter security. And hey most skilled and professional app developers use the pixel preview their apps before making it compatible to other android phones. It's possible to see exclusive stuffs from apps that won't be in other android phones..

what is this
Re: iPhone 13 trash and Why You Should Wait For The Google Pixel 6 by Segun2222: 6:09pm On Oct 05, 2021
skywalker240:
Denn has spoked my mind. Android needs some kind of remodification or a totally new platform to exihbit that challenge.
would have been possible if it wasn’t open source
Re: iPhone 13 trash and Why You Should Wait For The Google Pixel 6 by Flytime: 7:34pm On Oct 05, 2021
Denn:

The pixel would be good at denge-posing for phones like Samsung and Tecno…Android siblings.

Truly. It is a good start, if they can maintain the tempo and maybe when google starts shipping out other system aligned parts then might they come close.

For example, I started responding to this page on my MacBook, went to the living room and continued on my iPhone without having to do any other thing than pick up the phone.

When i take notes on my ipad, it is already on my MacBook .

I use my ipad as a second display without having to install another software. And the MacBook cursor works on the iPad.

When i put on my phone hotspot, my ipad connects to it if there is no other hotspot Available.

When a call comes to my phone which is in the room and I am in the living room with the ipad or MacBook, i can pick the call on these devices without having to go pick on the main device as long as they all are on the same WiFi

If I buy a new phone and I put it on beside the old phone, it will automatically detect the new phone and ask if I want to use my existing phone to set it up.

I won’t start with the airpods and the Apple Watch as that is another level.

Hope you are getting the drift?

It’s all about the overall user experience and not just how good the processor is or the camera or the screen.

This is what google needs to do….baked into the os, baked into the hardwares deployed.
google already has google buds and chrome book

Although their ecosystem is not as strong as apples, they're getting there
Re: iPhone 13 trash and Why You Should Wait For The Google Pixel 6 by skywalker240(m): 11:13pm On Oct 05, 2021
Segun2222:
would have been possible if it wasn’t open source
Yap, they can also remodify that you know
Re: iPhone 13 trash and Why You Should Wait For The Google Pixel 6 by Segun2222: 12:12am On Oct 06, 2021
skywalker240:

then they’ll have to remodify lg Samsung techno infinix itel etc
Re: iPhone 13 trash and Why You Should Wait For The Google Pixel 6 by Segun2222: 12:12am On Oct 06, 2021
skywalker240:

Re: iPhone 13 trash and Why You Should Wait For The Google Pixel 6 by Segun2222: 12:14am On Oct 06, 2021
Flytime:
google already has google buds and chrome book

Although their ecosystem is not as strong as apples, they're getting there
don’t mention chrom book please….Have you even been to the chrome book store they hardly even have apps
Re: iPhone 13 trash and Why You Should Wait For The Google Pixel 6 by skywalker240(m): 6:34am On Oct 06, 2021
Segun2222:
Naah

By remodify, it becomes private

The rest OEMs can go develop their os

I can trust Samsung and LG to meet up with the tax, but as for Tecno and Infinix, it's end of business and and end of life grin
Re: iPhone 13 trash and Why You Should Wait For The Google Pixel 6 by Segun2222: 9:03am On Oct 06, 2021
skywalker240:

Naah

By remodify, it becomes private

The rest OEMs can go develop their os

I can trust Samsung and LG to meet up with the tax, but as for Tecno and Infinix, it's end of business and and end of life grin
could have been possible if they were just starting up
Re: iPhone 13 trash and Why You Should Wait For The Google Pixel 6 by skywalker240(m): 9:06am On Oct 06, 2021
Segun2222:
could have been possible if they were just starting up
Could still be possible now, if they make a truce
Re: iPhone 13 trash and Why You Should Wait For The Google Pixel 6 by Segun2222: 9:15am On Oct 06, 2021
skywalker240:

Could still be possible now, if they make a truce
make a truce create new os and still install apk from google?
Re: iPhone 13 trash and Why You Should Wait For The Google Pixel 6 by skywalker240(m): 9:19am On Oct 06, 2021
Segun2222:
make a truce create new os and still install apk from google?
Mmm hmmmm
Re: iPhone 13 trash and Why You Should Wait For The Google Pixel 6 by TheOldGods: 11:22am On Oct 06, 2021
android can never be made closed source.

Re: iPhone 13 trash and Why You Should Wait For The Google Pixel 6 by IAmshandy(m): 11:41am On Oct 06, 2021
TheOldGods:
which phone was released last two months? Or is it the pixel 5 that was discontinued and no longer produced? You're funny

Is it that you are cursed or you just don't know how to use Google? Na ment guy

Re: iPhone 13 trash and Why You Should Wait For The Google Pixel 6 by TheOldGods: 12:51pm On Oct 06, 2021
IAmshandy:

Is it that you are cursed or you just don't know how to use Google? Na ment guy
is like you are blank

It has been discontinued. Simple. Who would want to buy a phone that is forgotten.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

12 Android Phones That Will Be Released On December 2014 / China’s Largest Phone Company Gives Their CEO A $1.5 Billion Bonus / TECNO Camon 15 Premier Gaming Review - PES 2020, PUBG And Call Of Duty (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.