Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,944 members, 7,952,810 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 03:16 AM

George Masvidal Rips Leon Edwards For Allegedly Turning Down A Fight With Him - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / George Masvidal Rips Leon Edwards For Allegedly Turning Down A Fight With Him (238 Views)

UFC 278: Leon Edwards Defeats Usman Kamaru / Kamaru Usman Knocks Out Jorge Masvidal, Retains UFC Title (Photos, Video) / UFC: Kamaru Usman Earned $640,000 After Masvidal Win (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

George Masvidal Rips Leon Edwards For Allegedly Turning Down A Fight With Him by Angelawhite(m): 11:49am On Oct 04, 2021
In an interview with MMA Uncensored, George Masvidal accused Leon Edwards of turning down a fight with him. George Masvidal complained of not getting a fight even after severally going to Hunter Campbell's office. Masvidal went on to say that he needs a fight this year and is ready to fight a top rank edopponent who will bring in the money.

"I've been freaking going in and out of Hunter's office and calling him and they still haven't given me a date opponent, I wanted to fight this year. I don't know what the f*ck is going to happen. I already told them to give me a deadline before I go full takeover. Like one of those bad governments when they get flipped and stuff. I need a fight, Hunter! Make sure the click baiters put 'Masvidal demands fight soon' and then under, put Hunter Campbell. They will know what I mean"

Referring to Leon Edwards, Masvidal said, "That guy is such a talking f*cking machine. Cause the contract is in front of his face, he has said no like 2 or 3 times already. We are already moving on. We are not gonna be saying names or nothing. I do a lot of this when it comes to contracts. It is either yes or no when a contract gets put in front of me.

"Who is the highest ranked guy with the most money I can make ? that's who I'm going with. Leon was talking about I turned down the fight. No, you f*cking slowpoke of a person, I fought for the belt twice. Why would I fight you. Who the f*ck are you again ? Now I got some spare time, I will beat this guy's teeth in but he is nowhere to be found. So we might have to move on cause he is a coward."

Leon Edwards is coming out of a decision win over Nate Diaz in a match held in June 12, 2021. He believes the win will put him in the title contention discussion. Before the Diaz fight, Leon Edwards fought Belal Muhammad in a match that ended with no-contest due to an accidental eye poke from Leon Edwards.

George Masvidal's first title fight was with the current reigning Welterweight champion, Kamaru Usman in the UFC 251 event where he lost via a unanimous decision. Masvidal would later rematch Kamaru Usman in the UFC 261 event where he lost via a brutal second round TKO

Source: https://www.mmaparrot.com/2021/10/george-masvidal-rips-leon-edwards-for.html

(1) (Reply)

Tyson Fury Says Deontay Wilder Insist He Won’t Show Respect. / Highlights Of Bayelsa United Defeating CS Sfaxien Of Tunisia / Sure 5 Odds Daily For One Week

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.