Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,492 members, 7,816,163 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:56 AM

2023: Shekarau Warns Southern Governors To Stop ‘Ganging Up’ Against North - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023: Shekarau Warns Southern Governors To Stop ‘Ganging Up’ Against North (30394 Views)

There Will Be No Peace - GAFDAN, Fulani Group Warns Southern Governors / 2023: Shekarau Says The South Should Produce Nigeria’s Next President / Femi Fani-Kayode Reacts To The Assault On Ekweremadu. Warns Southern Politicians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

2023: Shekarau Warns Southern Governors To Stop ‘Ganging Up’ Against North by valentineuwakwe(m): 4:42pm On Oct 04, 2021
A former Governor of Kano State, Ibrahim Shekarau, has told the 17 Southern Governors to stop “ganging up” and “issuing threats” in a bid to land the 2023 Presidential slot.

Shekarau stated this while featuring on Channels Television on Monday.

The All Progressives Congress (APC) chieftain, however, suggested that President Muhammadu Buhari’s successor come from the Southern region of Nigeria, to give “a sense of belonging”.

The 17 Southern Governors have met twice this year and demanded power shift to the region while the 19 Northern Governors also met last week, opposing such move and noting that the candidate with the highest votes will emerge as President in the next general elections.

Shekarau said, “As far as the party I belong is concerned, the APC, my proposal is that now that President Buhari is from the northern part of the country and (after) he has done his eight years, let beam the searchlight to the southern part of Nigeria, not because we don’t have competent people in the north…that does not mean you are throwing away the issue of competence, credibility and so on.

“While I agree we should go for the best and therefore throw it open, regardless of which part of the country, but we must also be mindful of the aspect of the sense of belonging. We must be mindful of perception, to give some sense of belonging to every part of Nigeria.

“Where I disagree with the Southern Governors is coming together to gang up to say it must be our turn. I think this is purely a party affair.”

Continuing, he said, “We must not do this at the point of threat, that it must be me, it must be he, we need to come together. This is more of a political party issue.

“My point of disagreement with the gang up groups like the Southern Governors is coming to gang up to say it must be our time, this is wrong, it is purely (a) party issue and the political parties should go into the boardrooms and sort this issue out themselves.”

“Today, the Southern Governors gang up, tomorrow, another group would gang up and say it must be us,” he said.

“Governors are very prominent people in the scheme of things, they are leaders, so, they must be careful coming together to make some pronouncement that would amount to instigating the general public to take a stand and see it as a regional fight,” Shekarau added.

Source: https://dailypost.ng/2021/10/04/2023-shekarau-warns-southern-governors-to-stop-ganging-up-against-north/

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Shekarau Warns Southern Governors To Stop ‘Ganging Up’ Against North by seunmsg(m): 4:51pm On Oct 04, 2021
There is no gang up against the north. Demanding that the presidency should go to the south in 2023 after 8 years of northern rule is not gang up but the right and legitimate thing to do in the interest of Nigeria.

Northern governors, politicians and opinion leaders also said the same thing in 2011 and 2015. In fact, the Northern governors forum told Jonathan clearly in 2011 that they would support him only if he undertakes to do only one term and handover power to the north in 2015.

Btw, southern governors wouldn’t have issued the demand if northern politicians have not started behaving funny by positioning themselves for power again in 2023. The resolution in only a reminder that the rotational agreement is still in force.

216 Likes 17 Shares

Re: 2023: Shekarau Warns Southern Governors To Stop ‘Ganging Up’ Against North by fiizznation: 5:02pm On Oct 04, 2021
seunmsg:
There is no gang up against the north.
You are always on this type of threads to read inconsequential comments of nonentities just to bloat your ego.

Well 2023 isn't far. When the turn of your candidate of choice(osibanjo) comes, pray he crosses the bridge

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 2023: Shekarau Warns Southern Governors To Stop ‘Ganging Up’ Against North by seunmsg(m): 5:04pm On Oct 04, 2021
fiizznation:
You are always on this type of threads to read inconsequential comments of nonentities just to bloat your ego.

Well 2023 isn't far. When the turn of your candidate of choice(osibanjo) comes, pray he crosses the bridge

What exactly is your point? Can you rephrase your argument so that it can be more comprehensible?

113 Likes 9 Shares

Re: 2023: Shekarau Warns Southern Governors To Stop ‘Ganging Up’ Against North by slimfit1(m): 5:07pm On Oct 04, 2021
Warning to the Supreme judges regarding VAT, make a fair judgement otherwise you will set the country on fire, the country is on smoke already getting ready for the fire. You can't take our resources and VAT as well.

44 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 2023: Shekarau Warns Southern Governors To Stop ‘Ganging Up’ Against North by fiizznation: 5:11pm On Oct 04, 2021
seunmsg:
There is no gang up against the north. Demanding that the presidency should go to the south in 2023 after 8 years of northern rule is not gang up but the right and legitimate thing to do in the interest of Nigeria.

Northern governors, politicians and opinion leaders also said the same thing in 2011 and 2015. In fact, the Northern governors forum told Jonathan clearly in 2011 that they would support him only if he undertakes to do only one term and handover power to the north in 2015.

Btw, southern governors wouldn’t have issued the demand if northern politicians have not started behaving funny by positioning themselves for power again in 2023. The resolution in only a reminder that the rotational agreement is still in force.
Democratic government returned to Nigeria in 1999. And my calculations and most northerners calculations tells us that you southerners have been ruling most of the time. Besides I dont think northerners are ready to vote for any southerner considering the fact that Nigeria is too divided along ethnic/region/religious lines.

And you guys can't force anybody to vote for a southerner. And am telling you my friend, any serious northerner can win the presidential election outside APC/PDP flags

9 Likes 6 Shares

Re: 2023: Shekarau Warns Southern Governors To Stop ‘Ganging Up’ Against North by fiizznation: 5:13pm On Oct 04, 2021
seunmsg:

What exactly is your point? Can you rephrase your argument so that it can be more comprehensible?
Is just a phrase, you really don't need to comprehend anything.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2023: Shekarau Warns Southern Governors To Stop ‘Ganging Up’ Against North by vanbonattel: 5:18pm On Oct 04, 2021
fiizznation:
So you mean he's an imbe ? grin

Everybody can bear me witness, I didn't add 'cile" up there.

28 Likes

Re: 2023: Shekarau Warns Southern Governors To Stop ‘Ganging Up’ Against North by helinues: 5:20pm On Oct 04, 2021
There is nothing like gang up.

2023 presidency would be about how each region play their politics game.

Man shall reap whatever he sows

7 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 2023: Shekarau Warns Southern Governors To Stop ‘Ganging Up’ Against North by helinues: 5:22pm On Oct 04, 2021
fiizznation:
Democratic government returned to Nigeria in 1999. And my calculations and most northerners calculations tells us that you southerners have been ruling most of the time. Besides I dont think northerners are ready to vote for any southerner considering the fact that Nigeria is too divided along ethnic/region/religious lines.

And you guys can't force anybody to vote for a southerner. And am telling you my friend, any serious northerner can win the presidential election outside APC/PDP flags

You guys should stop perceiving things you are not interested to eat.

That your region don't have what it takes in Southern Nigeria to contest the 2023 does not mean other southern regions don't have the balls to try their luck.

You do not need to be saboteur in the position you are not interested in.

15 Likes

Re: 2023: Shekarau Warns Southern Governors To Stop ‘Ganging Up’ Against North by seunmsg(m): 5:31pm On Oct 04, 2021
fiizznation:

It’s obvious you don’t know the difference between a phrase and rephrase. Btw, your initial post that I responded to was not a phrase. It was an opinion that makes no comprehensible sense. I asked you to rephrase because I want your opinion to be comprehensible enough for the readers.

40 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 2023: Shekarau Warns Southern Governors To Stop ‘Ganging Up’ Against North by seunmsg(m): 5:38pm On Oct 04, 2021
fiizznation:

Now i understand your argument. Nobody is forcing anybody to vote in a particular way. Majority of Nigerians are intelligent enough to make their choices at the polls. They will vote for a southern president in 2023 and there is nothing few ethnic jingoist like you from the north can do about it.

If you’ve been following the news lately, you should have read about how southern governors thwarted the move to zone the PDP’s ticket to the north. Northern lawmakers were also in London recently to pledge loyalty to a southern candidate.

The 2023 southern presidency project is a moving train that can no longer be stopped. Folks like you who want to swim against the tide will only get drowned at the end. Dude, it is what it is. Unstoppable.

44 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 2023: Shekarau Warns Southern Governors To Stop ‘Ganging Up’ Against North by NaijaOlosho(f): 5:43pm On Oct 04, 2021
He is mad
Re: 2023: Shekarau Warns Southern Governors To Stop ‘Ganging Up’ Against North by MANNABBQGRILLS: 5:43pm On Oct 04, 2021
A better Nigeria all around is all we want.
A better Nigeria all around is what we shall encounter.
Nigeria will succeed.
God bless Nigeria.

Our own @MANNABBGRILLS come 2023 be say :

Starboy and Zulum for 2023.
Jibabs2:
Osinbajo or nothing

Our own @[/b] be say : STARBOY & Zulum for 2023.

Osinbajo, The great Man.

Our own @[b]
be say : STARBOY and ZULUM all da Way.

Come 2023 BGG,
STARBOY and ZULUM we dey for una.
Whether the evil ones like it or not,
Nigeria will succeed.

Topmaike007:
I like this your combo...

Pls when will APC membership card revalidation exercise end..

I need to collect mine
Our Combo is actually a well selected great Combo to move our nation forward.
That being said,,
Chief Topmaike,
We no too know about this APC revalidation tin o.
We are not actually a card carrying member of any political party in Nigeria.
The only 2 guys we love in Naija politics are our darling Daddy and his amiable Vice.
Now, Zulum has joined the rank.
We only go to the polls on election day to cast our votes for good, honest men that meant well for the nation, no matter the party they are.
And you don't have to be a party member to do that.

But in the past one month, we have noticed how all the top big wigs and non-politicians alike are all joining APC in their various Constituencies, from Governors, to Businesses owners and Entrepreneurs.
We are looking and researching about the good ones among them already.

Serveyouright:

The best for the job so far. If only greedy men in politics will allow this combo to fly.
We sane, good, honest and hardworking Nigerians will do all in our power to make this Combo work.
That is why we all must come together.

Nigeria will be great again in our lifetime

iHart:
I love this man
We Love him too.
Only fraudsters, criminals, thieves and losers in life don't like him obviously cool.
The same nuisances that do not like sane, good and honest members here.
Two time losers.

God bless our amiable Vice president Prof Yemi Osinbajo.
God bless Nigeria.

Our own @[/b] be say : [b]STARBOY and ZULUM all da Way.

Come 2023 BGG,
STARBOY and ZULUM we dey for una.
Whether the evil ones like it or not,
Nigeria will succeed.

Serveyouright:

The best for the job so far. If only greedy men in politics will allow this combo to fly.
We sane, good, honest and hardworking Nigerians will do all in our power to make this Combo work.
That is why we all must come together.

Nigeria will be great again in our lifetime

PYO : Man of the people.... Sane people we mean.
Sane, honest and hardworking Nigerians. kiss

Mexzy4sho:

one can't deny that this combo would be the best to beat currently in Nigeria.
Manna, you make sense for here.
Now, clap for yasef undecided

Crucialgem:

We share the same view man, God bless you, I just hate the way people go about with always saying negative things when good news comes up about our country Nigeria. Most of you guys are the real problem we have in Nigeria
God bless you too crucial gem
You are truly a rare gem on this forum.

9 Likes 9 Shares

Re: 2023: Shekarau Warns Southern Governors To Stop ‘Ganging Up’ Against North by HighQue007: 5:43pm On Oct 04, 2021
He is making a lot of sense. We should go for the best person and we shouldn’t narrow our choices to political or ethnic basis so as to avoid ending with one useless leader... Now, any body vying for the office must take debate serious and tell us how he or she is going to handle critical issues.. Buhari should be the last we would elect without debate.. we have sound minds that is qualified for this position but they don’t have the power

4 Likes

Re: 2023: Shekarau Warns Southern Governors To Stop ‘Ganging Up’ Against North by tutudesz: 5:43pm On Oct 04, 2021
Mr Ex Governor you are yet to speak about the banditry going on in your zone O! But you are more interested in power coming to the South shocked

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2023: Shekarau Warns Southern Governors To Stop ‘Ganging Up’ Against North by BobbyZrealist(m): 5:43pm On Oct 04, 2021
Ok
Is this not the former Governor of Kano state,that was once accused of sponsoring........

But on the other news..he was saying something different.
I am not understanding this Man.
Re: 2023: Shekarau Warns Southern Governors To Stop ‘Ganging Up’ Against North by twilliamx(m): 5:43pm On Oct 04, 2021
The North so much hate this current southern unity and alignment that is why we need it to get stronger in order to liberate our self from the grip of this animals...
Before it was North against South East, or south south or south west which makes it easier for them to do what they like but now it's North against the South.
Which means they have a formidable force to contend with, all we need now is for the middle belt to join this alliance to even solidify it more but unfortunately a fool like lanlong has chosen to align with those that keep terrorising his own people. Anyways we are watching things unfold.

The igbos should stop the infighting and let's us not lose focus on the goal,which is to cut the leprous hand of the North from our heads.

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2023: Shekarau Warns Southern Governors To Stop ‘Ganging Up’ Against North by Triangles1(m): 5:43pm On Oct 04, 2021
Is this a new tactics from the North, they always attack verbally, physically, they're just full of violence looking for trouble by all means. Like leader like followers.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Shekarau Warns Southern Governors To Stop ‘Ganging Up’ Against North by DropsMic(m): 5:43pm On Oct 04, 2021
Their guts of these people eh.. I don't blame them though. Person wey dey ground no dey fear to fall.

1 Like

Re: 2023: Shekarau Warns Southern Governors To Stop ‘Ganging Up’ Against North by Mossadd: 5:43pm On Oct 04, 2021
The only shekau I know is dead in the hand of iswap another shekau Is an impostor

2 Likes

Re: 2023: Shekarau Warns Southern Governors To Stop ‘Ganging Up’ Against North by FalseProphet1(m): 5:44pm On Oct 04, 2021
I see a northerner winning the presidential elections in 2023, I see Southerners rejecting him, I see Nigeria dividing afterwards.

This I have seen.
Re: 2023: Shekarau Warns Southern Governors To Stop ‘Ganging Up’ Against North by ifytrik(m): 5:44pm On Oct 04, 2021
DropsMic:
Their guts though
Re: 2023: Shekarau Warns Southern Governors To Stop ‘Ganging Up’ Against North by Danjikanbauchi: 5:44pm On Oct 04, 2021
Can you imagine that. This Muslims are not interested in Nigeria politics oooh they just want to propagate their Mohammedanism.

6 Likes

Re: 2023: Shekarau Warns Southern Governors To Stop ‘Ganging Up’ Against North by Amspecial: 5:44pm On Oct 04, 2021
grin
Re: 2023: Shekarau Warns Southern Governors To Stop ‘Ganging Up’ Against North by Tohim: 5:44pm On Oct 04, 2021
Seen
Re: 2023: Shekarau Warns Southern Governors To Stop ‘Ganging Up’ Against North by MyExpression(m): 5:44pm On Oct 04, 2021
This Shekau of a guy never still die

Mod.

Oh, it's Shekarau....who is he

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Shekarau Warns Southern Governors To Stop ‘Ganging Up’ Against North by FolabiCash: 5:44pm On Oct 04, 2021
The south should give you sense of belonging ?

Bruh. I swear our so called leaders are on drugs. Trust me.

1 Like

Re: 2023: Shekarau Warns Southern Governors To Stop ‘Ganging Up’ Against North by southsouthking(m): 5:45pm On Oct 04, 2021
The southern governors are giving this notherners a run for their money.
The meetings upon meetings by these southern governors is sending shiver down their spine.
Them don realize say level don change down town.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Shekarau Warns Southern Governors To Stop ‘Ganging Up’ Against North by hisexcellency34: 5:45pm On Oct 04, 2021
Gang up kee you there

1 Like

Re: 2023: Shekarau Warns Southern Governors To Stop ‘Ganging Up’ Against North by LokoH(m): 5:45pm On Oct 04, 2021
Tell them. Tell southern gorvernors to behave or...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Peter Obi Releases “Citizens Participation” Phone Numbers And Mobile Apps / I Feel Like A Tiger, Ready To Devour Criminals - IGP Egbetokun Talks Tough / Boko Haram Attacks Rann Camp Bombed By Nigeria's Air Force

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.