Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,687 members, 7,813,276 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:04 AM

Wahala Jam Problem - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Wahala Jam Problem (345 Views)

5 Things That Will Surely Put You In Police “Wahala” In Nigeria / E Don Happen, Egungun Don Jam Soldier �� / Nigerian Army Cadets Delibrately Cause Traffic Jam, Mock Civillians (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Wahala Jam Problem by billynoni(m): 5:18pm On Oct 04, 2021
A friend called me like 2 hrs ago, he's requesting a loan of 50k and where he can get that. "50k for what na? Who you impregnate?" I jokingly asked. He replied, he wants to pay NEPA/PHCN bill. The story...

Apparently the meter they've been using got by-passed and officials came around last week and discovered the crime. They got to their office today and was told to pay N203k (Two hundred and three thousand Naira) as fine, before they can be reconnected. His share amount to 70k, while other two occupants to pay the rest. He's got 20k at hand, hence him calling me for 50k loan.

This got me thinking, what is the standard fine rate for by-passing meter, in Nigeria? Do you think the officials want to extort them?
Please drop a comment, if you have any idea or suggestions about this.

cc: lalasticlala
cc: Mynd44 I need wider views and opinions.
Re: Wahala Jam Problem by ogyunging(m): 6:52pm On Oct 04, 2021
The fine varies. Depends on the temperament of the officials and the slick mouth of the accused. If he is speaking the truth, that is.
Re: Wahala Jam Problem by billynoni(m): 7:07pm On Oct 04, 2021
ogyunging:
The fine varies. Depends on the temperament of the officials and the slick mouth of the accused. If he is speaking the truth, that is.
Wow, so it's "temperament" they are paying for, literally? So them paying 203k means, If I commit same offence and officials are in good mood, I might pay 5k?

(1) (Reply)

APM Silent, As Suspects Indicting National Chairman In Kidnap Case Killed / Video Of Pupils Singing The National Anthem In Their Flooded School Premises / Citizens Paid 1500 And Given Malt To Vote In Anambra

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.