Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,750 members, 7,824,158 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:18 AM

The REAL Reason They Want 'Biafra' - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The REAL Reason They Want 'Biafra' (2218 Views)

Lagos: The Only Reason They Want Us To Go Back (pics) / 'Nnamdi Kanu Told Us To Kill Igbo Chiefs Who Don’t Want Biafra' - BBC Igbo / Elzakzaky Threatens To Return To Nigeria, Says "They Want To Kill Us Here" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The REAL Reason They Want 'Biafra' by Eastlink(m): 12:58am On Oct 05, 2021
Reflect7:

Now THAT woulds be one hell of a craftily executed conundrum. wink

These days nothing is inconceivable, as far as man's propensity for the devious.
Nothing is forever hidden under the sun. The truth will reveal itself soon.
Re: The REAL Reason They Want 'Biafra' by Nobody: 1:00am On Oct 05, 2021
By the way, one comment I would like to make to OP and to those who oppose him

The problem with Nigeria and Biafra is you guys want free money.

Meanwhile, there is the fact that Nigeria's economy since colonial times has been dependent on selling raw materails. Note that strong nations use their raw materials to develop goods and services that would benefit the world., not sell them and import , import.

The real reason why someone like me does not support Biafra (and even despite my opposition to Biafra even I can see the sense in why some SE people are pro-Biafra) is that Biafra at the end of the day will become just as indebted and poor as Nigeria is. They will use the oil money to import stuff greater in value than the amount of oil exported...so that we can look like Dubai. And every remaining industry in Biafra would be stifled as a result, there would be no jobs...and in a few years, Biafra would be like Nigeria. It is not a curse...it is the way oil rich countries are set up. That's why I laff at Saudi and UAE. They can get away with it for now because of their relatively low populaitons, but if they had Nigeria's populaiton they too would be broke. And both countries don't make anything useful for the global market.

At the end of the day, Buhari and MNK are the same. They want to share oil money, and that includes the rest of the political class and most Nigerians. Meanwhile, when we want more Innosons and Dangotes, you guys will give excuses...and then set up companies that do nothing but sell imported goods. Who benefit foreigners at the expense of Nigerians and Biafrans.

Time we all got off oil. It might do us some good if all the oil money went to oil producing states. Maybe most of Nigeria might starve. But...if it forces the rest of Nigeria to become industrial...we may get somewhere. Together or apart.

Maybe granting total resource control to the SS...may force the SE, SW and the North to become more industrial...with them using raw materials to develop domestic industries. Maybe in ten years, Nigeria may become a center for producing cars, consumer electronics, phones, etc...even electric cars!
Re: The REAL Reason They Want 'Biafra' by Reflect7: 1:21am On Oct 05, 2021
anorexicmuster:
By the way, one comment I would like to make to OP and to those who oppose him

The problem with Nigeria and Biafra is you guys want free money.

Meanwhile, there is the fact that Nigeria's economy since colonial times has been dependent on selling raw materails. Note that strong nations use their raw materials to develop goods and services that would benefit the world., not sell them and import , import.

The real reason why someone like me does not support Biafra (and even despite my opposition to Biafra even I can see the sense in why some SE people are pro-Biafra) is that Biafra at the end of the day will become just as indebted and poor as Nigeria is. They will use the oil money to import stuff greater in value than the amount of oil exported...so that we can look like Dubai. And every remaining industry in Biafra would be stifled as a result, there would be no jobs...and in a few years, Biafra would be like Nigeria. It is not a curse...it is the way oil rich countries are set up. That's why I laff at Saudi and UAE. They can get away with it for now because of their relatively low populaitons, but if they had Nigeria's populaiton they too would be broke. And both countries don't make anything useful for the global market.

At the end of the day, Buhari and MNK are the same. They want to share oil money, and that includes the rest of the political class and most Nigerians. Meanwhile, when we want more Innosons and Dangotes, you guys will give excuses...and then set up companies that do nothing but sell imported goods. Who benefit foreigners at the expense of Nigerians and Biafrans.

Time we all got off oil. It might do us some good if all the oil money went to oil producing states. Maybe most of Nigeria might starve. But...if it forces the rest of Nigeria to become industrial...we may get somewhere. Together or apart.

Maybe granting total resource control to the SS...may force the SE, SW and the North to become more industrial...with them using raw materials to develop domestic industries. Maybe in ten years, Nigeria may become a center for producing cars, consumer electronics, phones, etc...even electric cars!

Nice post but wrong conclusion. It is REALLY EASY sitting in some comfy place and saying ''oh just cut off the supply of oil money to the states and it will force them to be self reliant''.

LIFE DOESN'T WORK THAT WAY.

You are not dealing with some petulant child in high school. Denying him money so he can fend for himself.

You are dealing with populations of hundreds of millions of people, including the vulnerable - women, children and babies. The disabled.

Do you know what a sudden withdrawal of oil income will do for infant mortality rate?

For maternal mortality rate?

For income per capita in states?

For malnutrition statistics?

For Life Expectancy?

For school attendance rates?

How will you pay teachers and nurses and civil servants?

I mean, we would be a centre of mass starvation and a recipient of international emergency relief aid for many years to come, like Ethiopia in the 80s, while the Niger Delta, awash with billions of dollars, would be becoming the new 'Dubai'.

I mean, it would be completely absurd and unjustifiable.

You have to be smarter than this.

Resource control by states is a good idea in theory.

But it takes YEARS of investment to develop mineral deposits to extractable commercial quantity. To harness those resources takes BIG MONEY to do. Where will the states find the money?

There are so many things to consider when proposing this resource control by states issue.

It's not a simple issue to confront, because human lives are at stake.

1 Like

Re: The REAL Reason They Want 'Biafra' by GerogeI(m): 6:46am On Oct 05, 2021
The truth is that there is oil even in Benue State, and There is Shale gas in Plateau State. Wherever the Cameroon Mountains spilled their deposits, from the delta to Udi hills to Jos Plateau were once an ancient sea. Oil is formed from decay of marine life.

The other truth is that the era of oil has ended. The transition is currently going on with millions of electric vehicles pouring in, and countries set to ban petrol engines by 2030. They are even talking of switching air planes from jet engines to plasma jets so they can run on batteries too. Why, because climate change is becoming real for the people that actually control the world economy. Even a communist state like China wants to go green.

This is the real truth, why the Federal Government is taxing every thing and collecting all sorts of charges from banks. The current oil price stability is artificially maintained with supply cuts, one wrong move, it will fall to bottoms. Or when China fully divests from investments in gas across the world and turns fully to her abundant shale gas.

So Biafra, is our realisation that we need to get out sooner than later, if we are to survive post oil economy. Aboki simply does not have the intelligence to build an economy. The Yoruba inspire of their education are limited by their corruption spree.

So Biafra is not about oil, the states you mentioned were all created post civil war to isolate Igbos via a British sponsored strategy drive.

But we all caution other Igbos to simply maintain civility avoid violence even as we agitate, as it will be a miracle for a cash strapped Nigeria to survive with her looting political elites beyond the 2030s. Without oil, Nigeria will fall like a pack of cards.

2 Likes

Re: The REAL Reason They Want 'Biafra' by Arda1000(m): 6:54am On Oct 05, 2021
Reflect7:

I can't, because your greedy intent, which is to corner Nigeria's oil and gas resources under the guise of 'Igbo self-determination', never changes.

The personnel might change, eg Ojukwu to Kanu etc, but the intent - to acquire the oil and gas fields of the Niger Delta for the Igbo elite, no matter how many of your dear Igbo masses are killed, remains the same.

oponu first off Igbo have oil, secondly I don't see them depending upon oil,it's fast losing value anyway.
But people like u who don't reason will stay at one corner and feed stupid thoughts to ursef
Re: The REAL Reason They Want 'Biafra' by AdakaBoro8(m): 7:11am On Oct 05, 2021
Reflect7:

Why did Kanu reject the 5 Igbo states as Biafra?

What was his long throat doing looking at the Niger Delta, which produces 90% of Nigeria's crude oil?

Don't dodge the question or try to skirt around it.

ANSWER IT.
you made a good post but you made me angry when ever you said nigeria oil...
oil belong to Ijaw...
do you think if we Ijaws decide to go with biafra, any force or military or tuncano can stop biafra from going?

but we will never be part of that biafra....
but IJAW REPUBLIC will come

1 Like

Re: The REAL Reason They Want 'Biafra' by joyandfaith: 7:16am On Oct 05, 2021
Reflect7:

What was his long throat doing looking at the Niger Delta, which produces 90% of Nigeria's crude oil?

ANSWER IT.

Who offered him 5 states?
Can we as yorubas abandon parts of kwara, edo, kogi and delta when yoruba nation become a reality? I guess you are a yoruba man who aligns with nationalistic view of Tinubu.
I understand northern oligarchy is more interested in oil in south south than igbo businessmen who can turn palm oil to petroleum oil.

1 Like

Re: The REAL Reason They Want 'Biafra' by AdakaBoro8(m): 7:18am On Oct 05, 2021
Reflect7:

What really gets me is the underlying wickedness of the entire Biafra agitation.

If these guys actually get what they want, tens of millions of Nigerians, including children, will literally starve to death.

Why is this never discussed?

The nation relies on oil receipts for over 75% of its foreign exchange earnings.

So if Kanu and IPOB now gain control of those oil fields, what becomes of the other 30 states that have depended on monthly allocations from Abuja to run their states?

Even if you say, let them exploit their natural resources, well, it takes YEARS of investment to actually develop any natural resource to commercially exploitable quantities, especially to the point of replacing oil income.

So, what will happen in between those years?

you talking total jargons..... don't worry then, Ijaw rep will gave you heart attack...
besides criminal kanu have no single power to take our oils..though, he may have our oils online
Re: The REAL Reason They Want 'Biafra' by IkpuMmadu: 7:52am On Oct 05, 2021
AdakaBoro8:
oil belong to Ijaw...
do you think if we Ijaws decide to go with biafra, any force or military or tuncano can stop biafra from going?

oil belongs to Nigeria
Re: The REAL Reason They Want 'Biafra' by ProfAmaben(m): 8:12am On Oct 05, 2021
Reflect7:
Let's stop deceiving ourselves.

IPOB does not want an Igbo nation, and doesn't give a toss about the Igbo people.

What IPOB wants is the Niger Delta Oil and Gas resources of Nigeria.

Their leader, Nnamdi Kanu, by his own admission WAS OFFERED THE 5 IGBO STATES IN 2017 TO TAKE AS 'BIAFRA' AND HE REFUSED, SAYING HE WANTS THE NIGER DELTA REGION WHERE NIGERIA'S OIL AND GAS FIELDS SIT.

IF HE HAD TAKEN THE 5 IGBO STATES, YOU SEPARATISTS WOULD ALL BE IN YOUR BIAFRA BY NOW.

BUT IPOB's REAL AIM IS TO ANNEX THE NIGER DELTA SO THAT THEY CAN OWN ALL THE NATION'S OIL AND GAS.

NIGERIA OF COURSE SAYS A BIG FAT NO.

Agreeing to it would be suicide for the oil-rich African giant.

Then the IPOB supporters play the game of saying 'Nigerians don't want Igbos to leave'.

But Nigeria has NEVER had a problem with Igbos seceding.

The trouble is they always want to secede with Nigeria's oil and gas resources, not by their own and with their own states alone.

That is where the problem lies.

THEY WANT TO LEAVE WITH THE FAMILY GOLD, CARING NOT IF OTHER NIGERIANS, INCLUDING MILLIONS OF CHILDREN STARVE AND PERISH AS A RESULT.

SELFISH, GREEDY NARCISSISTS WHO WILL NEVER TELL YOU THEIR REAL AGENDA, because it is so ugly, even to them.

I REPEAT: Kanu was offered the 5 Igbo states to take with him as his Biafra and he REFUSED.

The day Kanu rejected that offer was the day Igbo nationhood was sacrificed on a barrel of crude oil.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/07/rejected-biafra-5-igbo-states-nnamdi-kanu/
You are unwise, SE has the largest deposit of natural gas, there's also oil in all South eastern states, I hate Niger Delta and it's stupid lazy populace. I would only support Biafra is it rids itself of lazy brainless blokes like ND's.
Re: The REAL Reason They Want 'Biafra' by AdakaBoro8(m): 8:55am On Oct 05, 2021
IkpuMmadu:
oil belongs to Nigeria
Ijaw republic will solve it
Re: The REAL Reason They Want 'Biafra' by Ebi2233: 9:02am On Oct 05, 2021
AdakaBoro8:

Exactly.

1 Like

Re: The REAL Reason They Want 'Biafra' by IkpuMmadu: 9:24am On Oct 05, 2021
AdakaBoro8:
minority ijaw wey no fit cough wet dey guard pipelines
Re: The REAL Reason They Want 'Biafra' by Ebi2233: 9:46am On Oct 05, 2021
IkpuMmadu:

Ijaws are more than ibos in population.
The 5 Ibo States, will enter Kogi state, and space will still remain in Kogi, while Ijaw spread into more than 6 States and having many local governments in each States, without other tribes entering their centre.
When only Edo state is nearly as big as Kogi state, and Ijaw cut through it from Ondo Ijaws, to Delta Ijaws, passing into Edo Ijaws, Bayelsa state alone is 673km² bigger than Imo 5300km² and Anambra 4,800km² put together.
IMO and Anambra put together us 10,100 Bayelsa state is 10,773 km²
You think it's easy to spread straight into 6 very big States without other tribes entering your centre?
Many people u think are ibos, are actually Ijaws, under IYC and INC and LINO.

And you say Ibos are more than Ijaws, how come?
Ijaws are far more than Ibo in population.
Your 419 way of rigging population figures cannot help u.Ibo and 419.
You think it's empty space that Ijaw use and enter into these more than 6 big States without other tribes, entering their centre?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The REAL Reason They Want 'Biafra' by 7lives: 10:04am On Oct 05, 2021
Reflect7:

I can't, because your greedy intent, which is to corner Nigeria's oil and gas resources under the guise of 'Igbo self-determination', never changes.

The personnel might change, eg Ojukwu to Kanu etc, but the intent - to acquire the oil and gas fields of the Niger Delta for the Igbo elite, no matter how many of your dear Igbo masses are killed, remains the same.

Chai.
Re: The REAL Reason They Want 'Biafra' by 7lives: 10:19am On Oct 05, 2021
ProfAmaben:

You are unwise, SE has the largest deposit of natural gas, there's also oil in all South eastern states, I hate Niger Delta and it's stupid lazy populace. I would only support Biafra is it rids itself of lazy brainless blokes like ND's.

So why reject five states?

1 Like

Re: The REAL Reason They Want 'Biafra' by Taba21: 10:32am On Oct 05, 2021
Reflect7:

IPOB does not want an Igbo nation, and doesn't give a toss about the Igbo people.

Their leader, Nnamdi Kanu, by his own admission WAS OFFERED THE 5 IGBO STATES IN 2017 TO TAKE AS 'BIAFRA' AND HE REFUSED, SAYING HE WANTS THE NIGER DELTA REGION WHERE NIGERIA'S OIL AND GAS FIELDS SIT.

IF HE HAD TAKEN THE 5 IGBO STATES, YOU SEPARATISTS WOULD ALL BE IN YOUR BIAFRA BY NOW.

BUT IPOB's REAL AIM IS TO ANNEX THE NIGER DELTA SO THAT THEY CAN OWN ALL THE NATION'S OIL AND GAS.

Then the IPOB supporters play the game of saying 'Nigerians don't want Igbos to leave'.

The trouble is they always want to secede with Nigeria's oil and gas resources, not by their own and with their own states alone.

THEY WANT TO LEAVE WITH THE FAMILY GOLD, CARING NOT IF OTHER NIGERIANS, INCLUDING MILLIONS OF CHILDREN STARVE AND PERISH AS A RESULT.

SELFISH, GREEDY NARCISSISTS WHO WILL NEVER TELL YOU THEIR REAL AGENDA, because it is so ugly, even to them.

I REPEAT: Kanu was offered the 5 Igbo states to take with him as his Biafra and he REFUSED.

The day Kanu rejected that offer was the day Igbo nationhood was sacrificed on a barrel of crude oil.

They should've come to Niger Delta na, instead of sacrificing their own heads
Re: The REAL Reason They Want 'Biafra' by Taba21: 10:37am On Oct 05, 2021
Reflect7:

Igbo land sooner will be turn to bakari market in Mogadishu.
Forget this evil tribe
Re: The REAL Reason They Want 'Biafra' by Taba21: 10:39am On Oct 05, 2021
chigator2:

Is it that Oil and Gas in Imo, Anambra or Abia we want to corner or which one ??
Better wise up and drop your old tricks

You called it old tricks and your generation are killing themselves anytime they hear about Niger Delta
Re: The REAL Reason They Want 'Biafra' by Taba21: 10:42am On Oct 05, 2021
TheSupleemLeada:
If you look well igbos have the same character as fulani..... they're not just smarter.

Worsen than fulani, that's exactly what makes the fulani to be able to cage them.

Igbo are not smart at all, only fooling themselves in Crims
Re: The REAL Reason They Want 'Biafra' by cazchi: 10:51am On Oct 05, 2021
Whats worse than Nigeria as a country? A fulani leech that feels entitled to that which belongs to others. Biafra or nothing! Igbos aren't claiming anything. The south will join wilfully and not forcefuly. We have never and will never seek to conquer regions. The fulani do that. Our people in the south will remain with us. Umu nnem, gidi gidi bu uwgu eze.
Re: The REAL Reason They Want 'Biafra' by skywalker240(m): 10:55am On Oct 05, 2021
Reflect7:

If what you say is true, then Nnamdi Kanu must be an idiot, but then if Nnamdi Kanu had accepted the 5 eastern States only, then what makes you think that the south south would want anything to do with Nigeria?

As a true Born Son of the south south, I can boldly tell you the average person from the south south wants nothing to do with Nigeria merged with Abokiis

So stop talking like you're speaking for the south south

Forget the media rubbish, you read over here, a south south Man would identify with an Igbo Man if he has a option to choose between an ABOKII or a Igbo Man
Re: The REAL Reason They Want 'Biafra' by IkpuMmadu: 11:21am On Oct 05, 2021
Ebi2233:

Ijaws are more than ibos in population.
The 5 Ibo States, will enter Kogi state, and space will still remain in Kogi, while Ijaw spread into more than 6 States and having many local governments in each States, without other tribes entering their centre.
When only Edo state is nearly as big as Kogi state, and Ijaw cut through it from Ondo Ijaws, to Delta Ijaws, passing into Edo Ijaws, Bayelsa state alone is 673km² bigger than Imo 5300km² and Anambra 4,800km² put together.
IMO and Anambra put together us 10,100 Bayelsa state is 10,773 km²
You think it's easy to spread straight into 6 very big States without other tribes entering your centre?
Many people u think are ibos, are actually Ijaws, under IYC and INC and LINO.

And you say Ibos are more than Ijaws, how come?
Ijaws are far more than Ibo in population.
Your 419 way of rigging population figures cannot help u.Ibo and 419.
You think it's empty space that Ijaw use and enter into these more than 6 big States without other tribes, entering their centre?
ijaw are more than africa in population

Kaikai drinking pipeline guards for
Re: The REAL Reason They Want 'Biafra' by TheCrusader14: 12:07pm On Oct 05, 2021
Reflect7:

Few months ago, the Northern elders offered him the Ibo states and he refused against. Ipob are not interested in breaking Nigeria but in the opposite direction, to keep Nigeria one at all cost. Ipob is playing a game of reverse psychology and Buhari knows that's why I referred to them as 'Dot in a Circle' ibos are not ready to leave Nigeria.
Re: The REAL Reason They Want 'Biafra' by AdakaBoro8(m): 1:09pm On Oct 05, 2021
IkpuMmadu:
you must be from that waste of space, big for nothing tribe in the landlocked region, right?
Re: The REAL Reason They Want 'Biafra' by IkpuMmadu: 1:56pm On Oct 05, 2021
AdakaBoro8:
you must be from that waste of space, big for nothing tribe in the landlocked region, right?
swampy mindset
Re: The REAL Reason They Want 'Biafra' by AdakaBoro8(m): 5:16pm On Oct 05, 2021
skywalker240:

If what you say is true, then Nnamdi Kanu must be an idiot, but then if Nnamdi Kanu had accepted the 5 eastern States only, then what makes you think that the south south would want anything to do with Nigeria?

As a true Born Son of the south south, I can boldly tell you the average person from the south south wants nothing to do with Nigeria merged with Abokiis

So stop talking like you're speaking for the south south

Forget the media rubbish, you read over here, a south south Man would identify with an Igbo Man if he has a option to choose between an ABOKII or a Igbo Man
you some how correct but some how wrong, south south will stand alone on it own, example Ijaw republic... Benin republic
Re: The REAL Reason They Want 'Biafra' by Kamanuozuzu: 5:38pm On Oct 05, 2021
Reflect7:

ANSWER IT.

List the states that make up Niger Delta.
Re: The REAL Reason They Want 'Biafra' by Reflect7: 10:24pm On Oct 17, 2021
AdakaBoro8:
oil belong to Ijaw...

Ijaw republic wetin?

Dude, there is strength in numbers.

That your ijaw republic will just become another Equatorial Guinea, a playground for the French, who wIll dictate who your president will be, ie a tyrant serving Paris - and what your economic policies will be, and possibly force you to join the franc and speak French, using strong armed tactics like sponsoring rebels/terrorism etc.

The French specialise in victimizing smaller African nations.

This whole idea of retreating into little 'tribal' states is DUMB.

It was this vulnerability of fragmentation that allowed the slave trade to succeed so spectacularly on the West African coast.

AFRICAN NATIONS MUST LOOK TO BUILD LARGE, STRONG, CENTRALISED FEDERATIONS RESISTANT TO IMPERIALIST DOMINATION.

Not these tiny, mushroom 'countries' that will be the forever bitches of imperialist powers.
Re: The REAL Reason They Want 'Biafra' by SweetiliciousD: 11:18pm On Oct 17, 2021
Reflect7:

ANSWER IT.

Must you be naive?

MNK made it succinctly clear that no Ugboid indigenous people will be left back in Nigeria hence Igbo's are more than 5 states offered him.

Answer it, Are 5 states the only indigenous Igbos?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ayodele Fayose Spotted On Okada With Police Escort In Lagos -photo / I Hv Never Seen This Kind Of Zeal, Youths Are Passionate About Obidient Movement / Just In : APC Zonal Leader Joins PDP [PHOTOS]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.