Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,460 members, 7,819,678 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:40 PM

TCN: Power Upgrade To Cause 2-Month Blackout In Lagos (List of Affected Areas) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / TCN: Power Upgrade To Cause 2-Month Blackout In Lagos (List of Affected Areas) (29135 Views)

Peter Obi Visit Flood Affected Areas In Benue(photos) / Blackout In Lagos As Ikeja Electric Announces Power Upgrade / Melaye Set For Mighty Victory As INEC List Affected Areas (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

TCN: Power Upgrade To Cause 2-Month Blackout In Lagos (List of Affected Areas) by DoggoneDogg: 8:50am On Oct 05, 2021
By Chika Izuora
Many residential and commercial areas of Lagos State will be thrown into darkness for about two months as a major power facility upgrade begins.

LEADERSHIP reports that the Transmission Company of Nigeria (TCN) is about to flag off the second phase of infrastructure upgrade to improve the grid system and enhance its electricity wheeling capacity.

The project involves pre-conductoring of 132KV lines. In the last six months the transmission company has engaged in a major turnaround to meet up a timeline set in 2019 but was largely disrupted by COVID-19 pandemic in 2020.

The job which will commence on October 11, and last for eight weeks will involve replacing of cables on the 132KV lines with heat resistant cables and adding more load capacity that will strengthen and improve electricity supply across the state.

Confirming the development to the media yesterday, chief technical officer of Ikeja Electric, Jide Kumapayi, listed the areas to be affected to include; Oregun, Ojodu, Anifowoshe, Obakran, Omole Phase 1, Okeira, Ogba and Police Training College, PTC and (Ikeja GRA).

Kumapayi said the distribution company (DisCo) has already commenced a sensitisation exercise to educate customers on the development.

He said consequent upon that, the areas listed would experience darkness for 10 hours on a daily basis until the end of the exercise.

Source: Leadership

Re: TCN: Power Upgrade To Cause 2-Month Blackout In Lagos (List of Affected Areas) by inoki247: 8:53am On Oct 05, 2021
Well Lagosians are used to Generator already so they can make it 1year or 2...

56 Likes 1 Share

Re: TCN: Power Upgrade To Cause 2-Month Blackout In Lagos (List of Affected Areas) by Sundaypaul12345: 8:58am On Oct 05, 2021
My area no day there grin
He said consequent upon that, the areas listed would experience darkness for 10 hours on a daily basis until the end of the exercise.
Darkness for ten hours is what I don't understand lipsrsealed

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: TCN: Power Upgrade To Cause 2-Month Blackout In Lagos (List of Affected Areas) by IKBARUTEN11(m): 8:58am On Oct 05, 2021
I commend ikedc for their power supply in my area

We get at least 16hrs power supply everyday

15 Likes

Re: TCN: Power Upgrade To Cause 2-Month Blackout In Lagos (List of Affected Areas) by The5DME(m): 8:59am On Oct 05, 2021
E no reach my area sha.
Re: TCN: Power Upgrade To Cause 2-Month Blackout In Lagos (List of Affected Areas) by Minjim: 8:59am On Oct 05, 2021
This does not make any sense. 3 months!

Businesses will lose income and Discos too will lose revenue.

Even in countries with earthquake and tsunamis, they are never in darkness for 2 months

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: TCN: Power Upgrade To Cause 2-Month Blackout In Lagos (List of Affected Areas) by chidonweb(m): 8:59am On Oct 05, 2021
May God help us

3 Likes

Re: TCN: Power Upgrade To Cause 2-Month Blackout In Lagos (List of Affected Areas) by Nobody: 8:59am On Oct 05, 2021
Bluesea63:
100% visa application guaranteed 5SLOTS AVAILABLE HURRY NOW AND CALL 090:36:72:06:99 FOR MORE INFORMATION.
This is an opportunity to apply for Two years U.S.A, CANADA, AUSTRALIA, SOUTH KOREA and any other country working visa; for both
Family and single packages.
Note : NO DOWN PAYMENT UNTIL visa IS OUT AND Payment must be made immediately your visa and employment letter is out. PLEASE ONLY INTERESTED PERSONS CAN
CONTACT/WHATSAPP US ON 090:36:72:06:99

Stop this scam please.

27 Likes

Re: TCN: Power Upgrade To Cause 2-Month Blackout In Lagos (List of Affected Areas) by Habayomie(m): 9:00am On Oct 05, 2021
If the remaining 14hours is certain (I mean very sure),no wahala.

13 Likes

Re: TCN: Power Upgrade To Cause 2-Month Blackout In Lagos (List of Affected Areas) by Mossadd: 9:00am On Oct 05, 2021
Wahala
Re: TCN: Power Upgrade To Cause 2-Month Blackout In Lagos (List of Affected Areas) by nairaman66(m): 9:00am On Oct 05, 2021
An upgrade to cause 2 months blackout, sounds like a downgrade!!

4 Likes

Re: TCN: Power Upgrade To Cause 2-Month Blackout In Lagos (List of Affected Areas) by blakid(m): 9:00am On Oct 05, 2021
My area not affected. So, we moooooove!!!

2 Likes

Re: TCN: Power Upgrade To Cause 2-Month Blackout In Lagos (List of Affected Areas) by MummyIMadeIt: 9:00am On Oct 05, 2021
Funny enough, their foot soldiers will still come to disconnect lines for defaulting in NEPA bill payment

3 Likes

Re: TCN: Power Upgrade To Cause 2-Month Blackout In Lagos (List of Affected Areas) by Pearlyakin(m): 9:00am On Oct 05, 2021
Ojodu Berger no dey grin

1 Like

Re: TCN: Power Upgrade To Cause 2-Month Blackout In Lagos (List of Affected Areas) by kadraxkyle(m): 9:00am On Oct 05, 2021
Are we not in darkness before !?

1 Like

Re: TCN: Power Upgrade To Cause 2-Month Blackout In Lagos (List of Affected Areas) by BruncleZuma: 9:00am On Oct 05, 2021
grin grin grin grin
Re: TCN: Power Upgrade To Cause 2-Month Blackout In Lagos (List of Affected Areas) by twilliamx(m): 9:01am On Oct 05, 2021
Thank God say maryland no dey the list...

1 Like

Re: TCN: Power Upgrade To Cause 2-Month Blackout In Lagos (List of Affected Areas) by Curious345: 9:01am On Oct 05, 2021
Give us light..

A basic human right..

Up north, power is available 24(cool.

Down south, they dangle the power..

4 Likes

Re: TCN: Power Upgrade To Cause 2-Month Blackout In Lagos (List of Affected Areas) by Curious345: 9:01am On Oct 05, 2021
Nigeria needs an osinbanjo to have it fixed...

I am. Igbo but I support osinbanjo..

Another fulani president means war

2 Likes

Re: TCN: Power Upgrade To Cause 2-Month Blackout In Lagos (List of Affected Areas) by Nobody: 9:01am On Oct 05, 2021
MummyIMadeIt:
Funny enough, their foot soldiers will still come to disconnect lines for defaulting in NEPA bill payment

Meanwhile, am sure you forgive all those who owe you money as well....and just let them go without paying you at all...

6 Likes

Re: TCN: Power Upgrade To Cause 2-Month Blackout In Lagos (List of Affected Areas) by bouncin04(m): 9:01am On Oct 05, 2021
Omo, cry
Re: TCN: Power Upgrade To Cause 2-Month Blackout In Lagos (List of Affected Areas) by Whitecoal711: 9:01am On Oct 05, 2021
Nonsense,prepaid meter first,putting the chart before the horse
Re: TCN: Power Upgrade To Cause 2-Month Blackout In Lagos (List of Affected Areas) by DoggoneDogg: 9:01am On Oct 05, 2021
Sundaypaul12345:
My area no day there grin
Darkness for ten hours is what I don't understand lipsrsealed

Think mini hellfire grin

1 Like

Re: TCN: Power Upgrade To Cause 2-Month Blackout In Lagos (List of Affected Areas) by joey150(m): 9:02am On Oct 05, 2021
The headline says:

"TCN : Power Upgrade To Cause 2-Month Blackout In Lagos (List of Affected Areas))"

The article says:

"He said consequent upon that, the areas listed would experience darkness for 10 hours on a daily basis until the end of the exercise."

2 Likes

Re: TCN: Power Upgrade To Cause 2-Month Blackout In Lagos (List of Affected Areas) by Nobody: 9:02am On Oct 05, 2021
Whitecoal711:
Nonsense

So you don't want them to improve things...let them keep on using 19th century equipment that was new in the days of Faraday to give you light.?

Okay...

10 Likes

Re: TCN: Power Upgrade To Cause 2-Month Blackout In Lagos (List of Affected Areas) by Fcwilly: 9:03am On Oct 05, 2021
10hrs of power outage everyday, wow that's still better than my area naaaaa, my side go pass 18hrs.
Re: TCN: Power Upgrade To Cause 2-Month Blackout In Lagos (List of Affected Areas) by tmtech: 9:03am On Oct 05, 2021
Just don't fast and don't extent the deadline pls
Re: TCN: Power Upgrade To Cause 2-Month Blackout In Lagos (List of Affected Areas) by macuwon(m): 9:05am On Oct 05, 2021
those areas mentioned have almost 24hrs supply because na big man area. they want to upgrade it so they have to warn them in advance. that 10hrs daily outage is still way better than what some other parts of lagos normally gets. Why not upgrade the lower areas.

12 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Sadiya Farouq Travels To US For Childbirth - The Street Journal / 2023: Give APC Another Chance, Lawan Begs Nigerians / Akpabio: I Appointed Antai Into NDDC Board Because Antai Doesn't Eat Alone.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.