Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,866 members, 7,828,089 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 12:03 AM

Pastor Adeboye: The Temptation Of Starting My Own Church & How God Delivered Me - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Adeboye: The Temptation Of Starting My Own Church & How God Delivered Me (29355 Views)

Pastor Adeboye: “The Day My Ex Girlfriend Came To Me For Prayers" / Female Pastor Ends Prayer As Member Asks For Anointing To Open Own Church / Patrick Edet Launches Grace Family Outreach, His Own Church In Uyo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastor Adeboye: The Temptation Of Starting My Own Church & How God Delivered Me by Guyman111: 12:24pm On Oct 05, 2021
Re: Pastor Adeboye: The Temptation Of Starting My Own Church & How God Delivered Me by adesegun121(m): 12:24pm On Oct 05, 2021
Ok
Re: Pastor Adeboye: The Temptation Of Starting My Own Church & How God Delivered Me by nokspos: 12:24pm On Oct 05, 2021
When there's no job nko. Hunger dey block pastor's ear, they just want to earn a living
Re: Pastor Adeboye: The Temptation Of Starting My Own Church & How God Delivered Me by baggioni: 12:26pm On Oct 05, 2021
Good
Re: Pastor Adeboye: The Temptation Of Starting My Own Church & How God Delivered Me by Commanderinpips: 12:27pm On Oct 05, 2021
Takeproft:
When you die, your wife will take over. Akindayomi and family were not as exposed and learned as this present pastors we have in Nigeria. The ownership of the church wouldn't have reached you

So somebody who holds PHD in mathematics before he was made G.O is not exposed, only GOD knows what you ate before posting this statement.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pastor Adeboye: The Temptation Of Starting My Own Church & How God Delivered Me by Franking: 12:27pm On Oct 05, 2021
Mtchew. Who listens to this guy's cock and bull?

Only u know God. Only u hear from God.

And u are from Nigeria a very useless country.

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Adeboye: The Temptation Of Starting My Own Church & How God Delivered Me by Chiffy: 12:27pm On Oct 05, 2021
Colonization mentality. Adeboye is beginning to sense that he might be loose key members. So he has to preach propaganda to install fear into their hearts to make his key pastors think that they cannot succeed on thier own.
Church na just business/economics

3 Likes

Re: Pastor Adeboye: The Temptation Of Starting My Own Church & How God Delivered Me by lexy2014: 12:28pm On Oct 05, 2021
Back3back:
Tell them sir

But rccg is as good as his church

1 Like

Re: Pastor Adeboye: The Temptation Of Starting My Own Church & How God Delivered Me by oluwafeolami(m): 12:30pm On Oct 05, 2021
Religion has been the bed rock of problems in Nigeria. I stand to be corrected tho, but if we invest our time and energy in loving our neighbors as ourselves, I bet u majority of our problems will be solved 50%.

I am not asking you to reason like me so don’t come for me.
I am a Christian but I don’t see any need to have a religion when you can easily do good according to ur common sense.

Baba Adeboye is doing well as a person cos since I have known him he has been scandal free and to my outward look, he’s an upright man.
I can look up to him and decide to be like him not because of his religion but because of his ways of life.
I also have Muslim clerics and friends whom I trust 100% than most of the guys we go to church together.
Ur character matters.
I’m sorry I derailed the thread
I just had to say what’s on my mind.

Please if u have any contrary opinion, u can have a constructive criticism and I will surely learn from u. Please don’t insult me before driving home ur points, let’s be guided we are here to learn and not to exchange words. Peace

4 Likes

Re: Pastor Adeboye: The Temptation Of Starting My Own Church & How God Delivered Me by Tdoctor(m): 12:31pm On Oct 05, 2021
I agree with Pa Adeboye. Opening a church without God's direction will land you in trouble. And you will miss many of the good things God has for you.

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Adeboye: The Temptation Of Starting My Own Church & How God Delivered Me by wink2015(m): 12:37pm On Oct 05, 2021
WHO THEN OWN THE REDEEMED CHURCH ( RCCG ) ?

Who is the owner?
Re: Pastor Adeboye: The Temptation Of Starting My Own Church & How God Delivered Me by amnesty7: 12:40pm On Oct 05, 2021
And they will believe that God 'spoke' to him grin
Re: Pastor Adeboye: The Temptation Of Starting My Own Church & How God Delivered Me by Eriokanmi: 12:42pm On Oct 05, 2021
It's not easy. Most pastors nowadays had entered such temptations. May God deliver them
Re: Pastor Adeboye: The Temptation Of Starting My Own Church & How God Delivered Me by Eriokanmi: 12:43pm On Oct 05, 2021
FuckAllTheMODs:
Is that so, anyway glad you overcome the temptation.

BTW, na thund** go faya the mad M*D wey block my main account for no valid reason.

Seun, you for allow those MODs wey dey always block users unnecessarily for this app names dey show, make we for know if them go fit do anyhow if them jam us one on one for street.
No let guys reason your app like facebook, whatsapp and instagram o.

Enough is enough, block for valid reason.

If I no comot im teeth, make I know wetin cause am.
Bro e Don do lol. Please come in peace this afternoon
Re: Pastor Adeboye: The Temptation Of Starting My Own Church & How God Delivered Me by tiyejoor: 12:44pm On Oct 05, 2021
Some of you will just come to social media and start typing without sense. instead of learning from what the MOG is saying and had gone through in his life, you will not !. End time children angry
Re: Pastor Adeboye: The Temptation Of Starting My Own Church & How God Delivered Me by Eriokanmi: 12:44pm On Oct 05, 2021
nairavsdollars:
Adeboye hears from God more than any other pastors in Nigeria
Point of correction... say more than many pastors and not more than any other pastors . There are some true men of God whom pastors adeboye can't near when it comes to closeness to or hearing from God. I know of some prayer mountains on which there are some men of God who hardly come to town in one year, always praying day and night . Only men do go there for prayers because of how sacred they are.
Re: Pastor Adeboye: The Temptation Of Starting My Own Church & How God Delivered Me by aspabay(m): 12:45pm On Oct 05, 2021
It is good to follow God's leading.

Coincidentally, Pastor Kumuyi was speaking on Sunday about the same thing, but in opposite direction.

he said he told his then followers that he won't start a church. He later received direction from God to start one. Some of his friends left him because of that decision, but he choosed to obey God.

It is good to obey God always.

3 Likes

Re: Pastor Adeboye: The Temptation Of Starting My Own Church & How God Delivered Me by advanceDNA: 12:46pm On Oct 05, 2021
JackDaAlienz:

Of all things that our European colonial masters taught us
Physics and Technology? NO
Invention and Development? NO
Religion ? YESSSSSSSSSSS

Out of all things it's only Christianity that we got from our European Missionary.
Why didn't they teach us TECHNOLOGY
So we can be advanced like them.
Instead they teach us RELIGION
Everytime
JESUS CHRIST JESUS CHRIST JESUS CHRIST. They brainwash us to the point Africans come carry Religion for head pass the Europeans wey bring am come Africa.
White people are constantly opening research and developing technology to better life.
While black man is busy talking about opening churches here and there.

I have to give to White people. Them use religion to block our senses from advancing like them. Nice one. [/b]

Wow...

So who taught the withes technology..??
Or u think they were born with it...

Now that tech is everywhere and slave trade is no more...what's stopping you from learning....my brother, what did u invent....

4 Likes

Re: Pastor Adeboye: The Temptation Of Starting My Own Church & How God Delivered Me by funshint(m): 12:46pm On Oct 05, 2021
JackDaAlienz:

Religion ? YESSSSSSSSSSS

Out of all things it's only Christianity that we got from our European Missionary.
Everytime
JESUS CHRIST JESUS CHRIST JESUS CHRIST. They brainwash us to the point Africans come carry Religion for head pass the Europeans wey bring am come Africa.
White people are constantly opening research and developing technology to better life.

I have to give to White people. Them use religion to block our senses from advancing like them. Nice one. [/b]
Who brainwashed you...the Europeans gave you everything you needed to grow as a nation but your selfishness and wickedness wouldn't allow you to progress.

3 Likes

Re: Pastor Adeboye: The Temptation Of Starting My Own Church & How God Delivered Me by Joycee101: 12:52pm On Oct 05, 2021
Nice piece. Although I heard him mentioned Ilesa Grammar in Ilesa and not Ile-Ife Grammar School.

Is there a school called Ile-Ife Grammar School? Ile-Ife has Oduduwa Grammar School.

May we never miss our calling and direction in life. Amen.
Kingosytex:

https://dailypost.ng/2021/10/05/how-god-delivered-me-from-temptation-of-starting-my-own-church-pastor-adeboye/
Re: Pastor Adeboye: The Temptation Of Starting My Own Church & How God Delivered Me by iramure(m): 12:52pm On Oct 05, 2021
JackDaAlienz:

Religion ? YESSSSSSSSSSS

Everytime

you nailed it
Gbam!!!
Re: Pastor Adeboye: The Temptation Of Starting My Own Church & How God Delivered Me by Kinzo0917(m): 12:58pm On Oct 05, 2021
FuckAllTheMODs:
Is that so, anyway glad you overcome the temptation.

BTW, na thund** go faya the mad M*D wey block my main account for no valid reason.

Seun, you for allow those MODs wey dey always block users unnecessarily for this app names dey show, make we for know if them go fit do anyhow if them jam us one on one for street.
No let guys reason your app like facebook, whatsapp and instagram o.

Enough is enough, block for valid reason.

If I no comot im teeth, make I know wetin cause am.
MOST OF MODS ON NAIRALAND NEED TO BE RELIEVE OFF THEIR JOBS. THEY BAN PEOPLE WITHOUT NO GOOD REASON. PLEASE YOU MODS, DON'T PULL DOWN MR SEUN FORUM. IT TOOK HIM YEARS TO BUILD THIS FORUM TO WHERE IT IS TODAY. WE KNOW, MOST OF YOU ARE ENEMIES OF PROGRESS. GOD WILL SHAME MOST OF YOU SOON.
Re: Pastor Adeboye: The Temptation Of Starting My Own Church & How God Delivered Me by Elvisgolden: 1:00pm On Oct 05, 2021
theNaughtyPope:
No be small temptation grin grin

Nigerian pastors have turned into impulsive liars. Who tempted you, and what tempted you. In the 70s when you became a pastor, pentecostal churches were not as popular as it is today. You rose to prominence because you were learned.

When you took over from Josiah Olufemi in 1981, the church was already one of the largest pentecostal churches in Nigeria, and of course one of the wealthiest.

The church was so rich you bought the campground under three years of administration.

Today, you're a proud owner of a luxury jet that cost over $50million and you're talking of temptation.

You're one of those who foresaw that religion was lucrative. And while you were making money and investing tithes and offerings in Real Estate and oil, you made your followers to believe that prayers move mountains, and that witches and family are responsible for their poverty.

If God is ever going to punish Nigerian politicians, Pastors and religious leaders will get double.

Always read to understand and never read to be foolish...................

1 Like

Re: Pastor Adeboye: The Temptation Of Starting My Own Church & How God Delivered Me by AngelicBeing: 1:02pm On Oct 05, 2021
oluwafeolami:
Religion has been the bed rock of problems in Nigeria. I stand to be corrected tho, but if we invest our time and energy in loving our neighbors as ourselves, I bet u majority of our problems will be solved 50%.

I am not asking you to reason like me so don’t come for me.
I am a Christian but I don’t see any need to have a religion when you can easily do good according to ur common sense.

Baba Adeboye is doing well as a person cos since I have known him he has been scandal free and to my outward look, he’s an upright man.
I can look up to him and decide to be like him not because of his religion but because of his ways of life.
I also have Muslim clerics and friends whom I trust 100% than most of the guys we go to church together.
Ur character matters.
I’m sorry I derailed the thread
I just had to say what’s on my mind.

Please if u have any contrary opinion, u can have a constructive criticism and I will surely learn from u. Please don’t insult me before driving home ur points, let’s be guided we are here to learn and not to exchange words. Peace
lf you don't want my insult, send 500 million dollars as offering to me now in 48 hours grin

1 Like

Re: Pastor Adeboye: The Temptation Of Starting My Own Church & How God Delivered Me by Nobody: 1:05pm On Oct 05, 2021
Commanderinpips:

So somebody who holds PHD in mathematics before he was made G.O is not exposed, only GOD knows what you ate before posting this statement.
You smoke bonzaii? Check the comment again. Akindayomi was a Dr?
Re: Pastor Adeboye: The Temptation Of Starting My Own Church & How God Delivered Me by Nobody: 1:15pm On Oct 05, 2021
Elvisgolden:

Always read to understand and never read to be foolish...................

Says a foolish idio"t brainwashed by pulpit bandits
Re: Pastor Adeboye: The Temptation Of Starting My Own Church & How God Delivered Me by advanceDNA: 1:17pm On Oct 05, 2021
GboyegaD:

What are you doing in Naija yourself?

Looking for who to scam
Re: Pastor Adeboye: The Temptation Of Starting My Own Church & How God Delivered Me by yemmywesey(m): 1:17pm On Oct 05, 2021
So who owns redeem now, and who will take over from you after retirement, because age is no more on your side sir.
Re: Pastor Adeboye: The Temptation Of Starting My Own Church & How God Delivered Me by advanceDNA: 1:23pm On Oct 05, 2021
Chiffy:
Colonization mentality. Adeboye is beginning to sense that he might be loose key members. So he has to preach propaganda to install fear into their hearts to make his key pastors think that they cannot succeed on thier own.
Church na just business/economics

Lose key members for what?? Did he commit adultery or murder??

Please enlighten me... How does loosing key members and installing fear into the heart of key pastors relate...??
Re: Pastor Adeboye: The Temptation Of Starting My Own Church & How God Delivered Me by Lama70(m): 1:23pm On Oct 05, 2021
Eriokanmi:
Point of correction...[b]say more than many pastors[/b]and not more than any other pastor. There are some true men of God whom pastors adeboye can't near when it comes to closeness to or hearing from God. I know of some prayer mountains on which there are some men of God who hardly come to town in one year, always praying day and night . Only men do go there for prayers because of how sacred they are.

Give us one or two names, please.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Seven Things A Christian Must Never Do Because Of Money / Klintoncod, Maraji, Ebabykobby, Josh2funny Comedians Dress Like The Opposite Sex / Complete Breakdown Of Mathew 24:29-30 Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.