Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,817 members, 7,851,738 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 06:56 AM

Career Vs Family: What Would You Choose? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Career Vs Family: What Would You Choose? (11601 Views)

When There's Conflict In The Family What Role Do You Play As A Child? / Married Women, Which Option Will You Choose? / Prince Harry And Meghan: Would You Choose Love Over Family? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Career Vs Family: What Would You Choose? by moscobabs(m): 4:41pm On Oct 05, 2021
ganasa:

You for give me the position na

It was long ago...2016 sa.
Re: Career Vs Family: What Would You Choose? by StuntingBlack(m): 4:41pm On Oct 05, 2021
You are my wife and you choose career over me and the kids.....bwhaaaahaa

Trust me, I will always have my mind elsewhere. Shebi you wan turn big woman, oya turn am now. And you expect 100p loyalty from me?....

Come and get it now, Mrs Career. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Career Vs Family: What Would You Choose? by feamtrik(m): 4:44pm On Oct 05, 2021
If you choose career and you don't overdo, family love will come as a bonus. If you choose family and you don't have a career..you loose your relevance gradually.people at a point get tired of sponsoring even family members

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Career Vs Family: What Would You Choose? by FVckbubuDcow: 4:49pm On Oct 05, 2021
Family over everything

1 Like

Re: Career Vs Family: What Would You Choose? by Lilsameey: 4:51pm On Oct 05, 2021
How you go marry withouthavingva tangible career?
Re: Career Vs Family: What Would You Choose? by Roseey0(f): 4:54pm On Oct 05, 2021
When I was single I will shout Career cheesy
But look at me now...

Just get to the bridge and then you can know what your answer will be.

With family one has to just sacrifice...again, it depends on your spouse too

1 Like

Re: Career Vs Family: What Would You Choose? by HRHQueenPhil(f): 4:55pm On Oct 05, 2021
I am definitely choosing my family
Fvck career, will start my biz from my room or teach coding as extra lessons to children and young adults

2 Likes

Re: Career Vs Family: What Would You Choose? by Cubeman: 4:56pm On Oct 05, 2021
I'd have loved to go for career but I realized that when one becomes totally successful, such person becomes lonely and empty without a family.
I'd have loved to go for family but I realized that when one becomes totally unfortunate,his wife and children will be snatched by another person.
I hope I don't have to choose.

3 Likes

Re: Career Vs Family: What Would You Choose? by Lightorder: 4:57pm On Oct 05, 2021
MeghaneMorgane:
I hope I don’t have to choose. But if I have to choose, I’ll choose both grin
And that is balance
Re: Career Vs Family: What Would You Choose? by sheDD(m): 4:57pm On Oct 05, 2021
A woman may" chose family over career cos they have no heavy tolls of contribution to the family
If not to cook , wash and keep the children happy.
But would a man enjoy his family if he provides not. Make d woman use nagging henpeck the man. grin grin

A man would chose career cos is through career that he witness love. Of he's got no career or lay lose attention to his career no love from from family.

What ayam saying sef

1 Like

Re: Career Vs Family: What Would You Choose? by ExtraVioment: 4:57pm On Oct 05, 2021
For me na
1) God

2) Health

3) some stability - mental and/or finances

4) family.

In that order.

4 can help 3, and vice versa, but with 3, your family will have a better future.
Re: Career Vs Family: What Would You Choose? by danowena: 4:57pm On Oct 05, 2021
Family but be prepared for hell or even divorce if u don’t earn enough. Women don’t make life easy for a broke man.
Re: Career Vs Family: What Would You Choose? by rexgold(m): 5:01pm On Oct 05, 2021
Let me just read comments and pass.

MEANWHILE,

If you want to create another source of income online before December, then You need to check this thread below

https://www.nairaland.com/6787292/seen

kiss kiss
Re: Career Vs Family: What Would You Choose? by htdot: 5:10pm On Oct 05, 2021
Money.
Re: Career Vs Family: What Would You Choose? by showafrica(m): 5:15pm On Oct 05, 2021
thebosstrevor1:
Career and family.

Me and my wife should have a family business, i like it when my family is involved in building our business.

Perfect... This is what people miss. Get a family business while working, marry a very good house wife and hand it over to her. Let her combine it with whatever skill she has while you hustle on the street. Both parents working white collar job is a big No
Re: Career Vs Family: What Would You Choose? by nnamdibig(m): 5:20pm On Oct 05, 2021
Family always...........always family over career.

1 Like

Re: Career Vs Family: What Would You Choose? by gumkord(f): 5:44pm On Oct 05, 2021
Presently I'M managing the two
Re: Career Vs Family: What Would You Choose? by InvertedHammer: 6:09pm On Oct 05, 2021
/
Create a balance between the two. Choosing one for the other is disastrous.

/
Re: Career Vs Family: What Would You Choose? by Bfss: 6:09pm On Oct 05, 2021
Man career
Woman family
Re: Career Vs Family: What Would You Choose? by Echara: 6:16pm On Oct 05, 2021
PrinxArthur1:
Career

Men are loved by what we can provide, so career

Are you married?
Re: Career Vs Family: What Would You Choose? by pansophist(m): 6:21pm On Oct 05, 2021
If you're a man, go for career. Women should go for family. Afterall, women won't go for a man that seems to have a bad future.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Career Vs Family: What Would You Choose? by wonderr(m): 6:24pm On Oct 05, 2021
I believe it depends on the gender if the person in question is a lady choose your family but for a man choose your carreer when you are successful your family will always come around but if you choose your family and later go broke you will end up loosing your family chikenah
Re: Career Vs Family: What Would You Choose? by Ekpekus(m): 6:28pm On Oct 05, 2021
Family anytime, anyday...
At the end of all the career pursuit, family would still be there. If career fall your hands, family will be there. If you got sacked by career, family would still be there.
Have you wondered why at the end of the day, everyone goes home? Career is a transient matter, family is till your last day on earth and even beyond.
At your dying bed, your colleagues, certifications, positions or titles would mean nothing but your family.
Re: Career Vs Family: What Would You Choose? by bukatyne(f): 6:28pm On Oct 05, 2021
MeghaneMorgane:
I hope I don’t have to choose. But if I have to choose, I’ll choose both grin

cheesy
Re: Career Vs Family: What Would You Choose? by bukatyne(f): 6:29pm On Oct 05, 2021
Emmanuel909090:
Family any day anytime, fhey will always be there in sickness and health, love and care all through.

Your office is only intrested in your input and once your input is itrelevant you become useless and can be layed off.
Lost a colleague at work years ago and he was replaced within 2days, but his family will mourn forever, they lost someone, the office replaced someone. then i realized my value in both.

Your family first.

People who sabi kiss kiss kiss
Re: Career Vs Family: What Would You Choose? by Semaj77(m): 6:56pm On Oct 05, 2021
CareerLadder:
Career Vs Family: What would you choose?

I want us to be sincere here...

This is an interactive session to the earlier made post detailing how to balance family and career as a woman.

You can read it here =====>>> https://www.nairaland.com/6787523/how-balance-having-family-career

Men will also find the write-up educating.

One of the challenges facing many people today is balancing career and family. Many people find it easy to defend the long hours and the endless attention they give their jobs. “After all, without the job, the family suffers financially,” they claim.

It is a fact that in order to ensure that a family is taken care of, you need to spend the time necessary to keep your business or career moving forward. But as much as this makes sense; it has led to the breakup of many relationships and families.

You have probably heard stories of women packing their bags and leaving their husbands saying they didn’t ‘marry the house.’

If your career is contending with your time for family, what would you choose?

Let's hear our opinions here.

Folks will learn one or two things.

Career first before family ( against popular opinion ). There are more women leaving men for lack of money/finances
Re: Career Vs Family: What Would You Choose? by Semaj77(m): 6:59pm On Oct 05, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

You are right. Most rich people spend lot of time with their family because they have competent people running their affairs

The funny thing is he chose career first for this to happen

1 Like

Re: Career Vs Family: What Would You Choose? by Goodman82135122(m): 7:02pm On Oct 05, 2021
I'd choose ma career
Re: Career Vs Family: What Would You Choose? by Goodman82135122(m): 7:06pm On Oct 05, 2021
Randal:
Choose wisely
choose your decision amongst the two!
Re: Career Vs Family: What Would You Choose? by GeneralPula: 7:07pm On Oct 05, 2021
seunny4lif:
Family
In the country am staying? Na Family oooh
If you are single then Career but once you are married then na Family first

Choose Career and your children may not know you again.
I know many of my guys who had to change jobs because wife and kids were complaining about them not been around

They would have been at peace if they didn’t get married..

Life drama..
Re: Career Vs Family: What Would You Choose? by angelfallz(m): 7:18pm On Oct 05, 2021
Any experience you want to share?

bukatyne:

People who sabi kiss kiss kiss

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Should I Tell My Best Friend, His Wife Is Cheating On Him? / Is Marriage An Achievement?? / Wife Drags Husband To Court For Stealing Her N15,000 Phone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.