Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,466 members, 7,816,092 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:14 AM

What Street Traders Face In Brazil(video) - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / What Street Traders Face In Brazil(video) (912 Views)

Helicopter Carrying Top Politicians Crashes In Brazil (video) / Air Peace Receives Brand New Airplane From Brazil (video) / Truck Rams Into Street Traders In Anambra State, Scores Injured. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Street Traders Face In Brazil(video) by Nobody: 6:27pm On Oct 05, 2021
Now let me explain to you there are 3 types of street trading in brazil and the first one is selling on the street without paying taxes or paying rent and the second one is paying taxes and paying rent and the third one is, you buy your car and put your goods inside park anywhere and sell

When I first got to Brazil I had to hit the ground running, so I had to start doing business, I got a space in front of a shop, And I paid rent monthly, I Registered my business and paid tax every month and I got permission from the government to sell in front of the shop because just like the video below they always come and chase street traders and confiscate their goods so this is the first and the best kind of street trading, with the rent I pay at the shop, I can use the restroom, microwave my food, I have shelter from the rain and the sun so it is good.

The second one is the main street trading, they stay on the street, they don't pay any tax and their business is not registered and they have no shelter from the sun or rain, the people you see in the video running are the real street traders they don't pay any tax, they take home everything they make and trust me there is money on the street, we have many Africans selling and like I said if you are not lazy you would make money in brazil.

The third one is simple and most people in brazil do it a lot, you buy a car and buy your goods and load them inside and you drive to any space park your car and sell from your car. you don't pay rent or taxes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9OnRfEU4JDA

https://www.walkbrazil4k.com/2021/10/what-street-traders-face-in-brazil.html?m=1
Re: What Street Traders Face In Brazil(video) by Nobody: 6:37pm On Oct 05, 2021
Having a food truck is also the same as selling from your car because you need a car to move the truck so people sell with a food truck as well

1 Like

Re: What Street Traders Face In Brazil(video) by Freestainworld(m): 6:37pm On Oct 05, 2021
So if you have a car where you display your goods and sell, police won't disturb you for taxes
Re: What Street Traders Face In Brazil(video) by Nobody: 6:39pm On Oct 05, 2021
Freestainworld:
So if you have a car where you display your goods and sell, police won't disturb you for taxes

Yea but if the street vendor police shows up you need to pack and leave
Re: What Street Traders Face In Brazil(video) by Nobody: 6:42pm On Oct 05, 2021
This trucks can be used to sell anything, from food to electronics products to, ice cream and even shisha products.

Remember I said would talk about Brazil from street level and my next write up would be on these food trucks

Re: What Street Traders Face In Brazil(video) by Freestainworld(m): 6:50pm On Oct 05, 2021
walkbrazil4k:

Yea but if the street vendor police shows up you need to pack and leave
which means It is still illegal if one should also pack up on sighting the vendor police, better to register and do your business legally
Re: What Street Traders Face In Brazil(video) by Nobody: 6:52pm On Oct 05, 2021
Freestainworld:
which means It is still illegal if one should also pack up on sighting the vendor police, better to register and do your business legally

Not all are illegal, you can get a truck go to the office of the street vendor police and get a document and then pay tax, I am talking about people that don't want to pay tax
Re: What Street Traders Face In Brazil(video) by emorse(m): 6:57pm On Oct 05, 2021
Oshodi in Brazil
Re: What Street Traders Face In Brazil(video) by Freestainworld(m): 7:05pm On Oct 05, 2021
walkbrazil4k:

Not all are illegal, you can get a truck go to the office of the street vendor police and get a document and then pay tax, I am talking about people that don't want to pay tax
ok
Re: What Street Traders Face In Brazil(video) by Nobody: 7:21pm On Oct 05, 2021
emorse:
Oshodi in Brazil

Lol not at all that place is called rodoviária a major bus station so because of the large number of people that use that station we have alot of street traders this is how the place looks like in the picture below

1 Like

Re: What Street Traders Face In Brazil(video) by KillAlabi2021(m): 11:52am On Oct 06, 2021
walkbrazil4k:
This trucks can be used to sell anything, from food to electronics products to, ice cream and even shisha products.

Remember I said would talk about Brazil from street level and my next write up would be on these food trucks

Pls oga boss

Can 12m get one to Brazil

And also able to start a business just like you
Re: What Street Traders Face In Brazil(video) by Nobody: 12:05pm On Oct 06, 2021
KillAlabi2021:

Pls oga boss

Can 12m get one to Brazil

And also able to start a business just like you

Lol 12m is over enough
Re: What Street Traders Face In Brazil(video) by Nicoswit(m): 7:45pm On Oct 06, 2021
walkbrazil4k:

Lol 12m is over enough
I think you should also start a thread on visa stuffs if you have the idea
Re: What Street Traders Face In Brazil(video) by Nicoswit(m): 7:47pm On Oct 06, 2021
walkbrazil4k:
Having a food truck is also the same as selling from your car because you need a car to move the truck so people sell with a food truck as well
What can you say about tax, i read online that Brazilian government tax too much
Re: What Street Traders Face In Brazil(video) by Nobody: 12:04am On Oct 07, 2021
Nicoswit:

What can you say about tax, i read online that Brazilian government tax too much

Very true, things are expensive in Brazil, but they use the tax well, education is free and health care is free

(1) (Reply)

How Reliable Is Green Africa Airways / I Intend On Applying For Tourist Visa But I Have No Travel History / The Worst Thing About France: Traveling There Is A Nightmare!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.