Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,755 members, 7,809,895 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:48 PM

Tecno Camon 18 Series: Full Spec Review - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Tecno Camon 18 Series: Full Spec Review (5950 Views)

Specifications: TECNO Camon 18 Will Offer Triple Camera And 5x Optical Zoom / The Samsung Galaxy A8 Series Full Specs & Price / CUBOT NOTE PLUS Full Spec Review (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tecno Camon 18 Series: Full Spec Review by atheistandproud(m): 6:46pm On Oct 05, 2021
The Tecno Camon 18 series is the latest of Tecno’s camera centric lineup. A lineup of phones designed for those who love to take photos on their phones. The Tecno Camon 18 series is the successor to the Tecno Camon 17 series.

Tecno has let it slip that the Tecno Camon 18 series is here but they have been quite mum about the full line-up. Where they have been more vocal is on the Tecno Camon 18 premier.

There are three phones in this iteration of the series though. They are: Tecno Camon 18, Tecno Camon 18P and the Tecno Camon 18 Premier.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1o7o5esekyY
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Tecno Camon 18 Series

Tecno Camon 18
This is the vanilla device in the series. it is also the cheapest in the series and has the least specs. It is essentially a lower midrange device. It is powered by the new MediaTek Helio G88 with a Mali G52 MC2 GPU. The memory variant available for sale is 4+128GB. For software, the phone runs on HiOS 8 based on Android 11.

Read: Mediatek SoCs explained

In the camera department, there is a triple camera setup with a 48MP main camera, 2MP macro camera and a 2MP depth sensor. For selfies, there is a 16MP camera in front. The main camera can record videos of 1080p at 30fps.

The display on the Tecno Camon Camon 18 is a 6.8″ IPS LCD display with a FHD+ resolution (2640 x 1080p) and a pixel density of 395ppi. This display supports a refresh rate of 90Hz, a touch refresh rate of 180Hz and a brightness of 550 nits.

Read: Tecno Camon 17 series

-------------------------------------------------------------
Tecno Camon 18P

The Tecno Camon 18P is the middle sibling here. It is halfway between the Tecno Camon 18 and the 18 Premier. If you don’t care about photography much, the Camon 18P is probably the best phone in this line up for you. It matches the 18 Premier for performance and beats it in battery specs. It is only in the camera department that the 18 Premier is better than the 18P.

The Camon 18P is powered by the new MediaTek Helio G96 with a Mali G57 MC2 GPU. The memory variant available for sale is 8+128GB. For software, the phone runs on HiOS 8 based on Android 11.

In the camera department, there is a triple camera setup with a 48MP main camera, 13MP Telephoto angle camera and a 2MP depth sensor. For selfies, there is a 16MP camera in front.

The display on the Tecno Camon Camon 18 is a 6.8″ IPS LCD display with a FHD+ resolution (2640 x 1080p) and a pixel density of 395ppi. This display supports a refresh rate of 120Hz, a touch refresh rate of 180Hz and a brightness of 550 nits.

------------------------------------------------------------
Tecno Camon 18 Premier
The new Tecno Camon 18 Premier is the premium phone in this lineup and Tecno has started pushing out adverts in readiness for its eventual launch.

SoC/Software: This device is powered by the MediaTek Helio G96 with the Mali G57 MC2 GPU. This new SoC is geared towards OEMs who want to make camera-centric phones. The software is Tecno HiOS 8.0 and it is based on Android 11.

Cameras: This device has a triple camera setup with a 64mp main sensor, a 12 mp ultra-wide camera and an 8 mp periscope camera. The same one found on the Infinix Zero X Pro. The periscope camera has 5x optical zoom and 60x digital zoom. The main camera also has OIS as well. OIS stands for optical image stabilization. There is night mode and super night mode for moonshot. Night portrait and portrait bokeh video modes are also available. The 64mp camera shoots videos of 4K resolution at 30 frames-per-second. It also takes photos that are binned to 16 megapixels. The selfie camera in front is a 32mp sensor and can shoot videos of 1080p at 30fps.

Display: The display is a 6.7″ AMOLED panel with FHD+ resolution. The refresh plus touch rate is 120 and 240Hz respectively. The pixel density is 385PPI and the brightness level 500 nits. 500 nits of brightness for an AMOLED panel in what is supposed to an upper midranger is very underwhelming.

Read: How to know if a phone’s screen is bright enough before buying

Battery: The phone comes with a decent 4750mAh of battery and supports fast charge of 33W.

Body: The phone itself has a flat design with an iPhonesque square edge. It has a plastic frame and a glass body.

Network/Connectivity: The phone comes with a full array of sensors for network as well as connectivity. Chief among them is NFC. This is a first for Tecno phones. The phone also supports 4G LTE (dual SIM), Bluetooth 5.0, WIFI 5, Fingerprint scanner, GPS, Gyroscopes, Compass etc.

Prices and availability
The phones are not available yet and the prices are not out either. I will update this page as soon as the confirmed prices are released.

Update:
The Tecno Camon 18 Premier costs 182k for the 8/128GB variant.

https://inquisitiveuniverse.com/2021/10/05/tecno-camon-18-series-is-here/

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tecno Camon 18 Series: Full Spec Review by atheistandproud(m): 8:03pm On Oct 05, 2021
An image of the device

Re: Tecno Camon 18 Series: Full Spec Review by iseoluwanimi: 10:39pm On Oct 05, 2021
No front camera on the design kwanu?
Re: Tecno Camon 18 Series: Full Spec Review by atheistandproud(m): 4:15am On Oct 06, 2021
iseoluwanimi:

Lo na Tecno website I take get the pic lol

1 Like

Re: Tecno Camon 18 Series: Full Spec Review by Blastedholligan: 6:24am On Oct 06, 2021
The phone go make scatter
Re: Tecno Camon 18 Series: Full Spec Review by Benjaniblinks(m): 6:27am On Oct 06, 2021
Blastedholligan:
The phone go make scatter
Yes o, waiting for them to scatter us with the price angry

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tecno Camon 18 Series: Full Spec Review by Blastedholligan: 6:29am On Oct 06, 2021
Benjaniblinks:

im not talking about the price. I'm talking about the phone itself.
Re: Tecno Camon 18 Series: Full Spec Review by Benjaniblinks(m): 6:45am On Oct 06, 2021
Blastedholligan:
im talking about the price. I'm talking about the phone itself.

Yes o, I am sarcastically talking about the price sad

2 Likes

Re: Tecno Camon 18 Series: Full Spec Review by Blastedholligan: 6:46am On Oct 06, 2021
Benjaniblinks:

Yes o, I am sarcastically talking about the price sad
you don't know the meaning of sarcasm please. Go and sit down.
Re: Tecno Camon 18 Series: Full Spec Review by Benjaniblinks(m): 6:46am On Oct 06, 2021
Blastedholligan:
you don't know the meaning of sarcasm please. Go and sit down.

Tecno forge Master

3 Likes

Re: Tecno Camon 18 Series: Full Spec Review by Flamees(m): 7:25am On Oct 06, 2021
grin grin
Benjaniblinks:

Tecno forge Master
Re: Tecno Camon 18 Series: Full Spec Review by atheistandproud(m): 8:22am On Oct 06, 2021
grin

I expect the price to be somewhere around the Infinix Zero X, around N175,000.

Na guess work sha

1 Like

Re: Tecno Camon 18 Series: Full Spec Review by sunshineV(f): 10:34am On Oct 06, 2021
i'll wait for camon 19 in december

1 Like

Re: Tecno Camon 18 Series: Full Spec Review by atheistandproud(m): 10:42am On Oct 06, 2021
sunshineV:
i'll wait for camon 19 in december

3 Likes

Re: Tecno Camon 18 Series: Full Spec Review by skywalker240(m): 12:59pm On Oct 06, 2021
Benjaniblinks:

Tecno forge Master
That one na "by fire by force I must be marketer" na
Re: Tecno Camon 18 Series: Full Spec Review by Cheezzyy: 11:42am On Oct 07, 2021
iseoluwanimi:
how possible? Lol
Where op for see this pic sha shocked shocked
Re: Tecno Camon 18 Series: Full Spec Review by Mohbola(f): 2:08pm On Oct 07, 2021
atheistandproud:
grin

I expect the price to be somewhere around the Infinix Zero X, around N175,000.

Na guess work sha
They said the 18 Premier is N182,000 so your evaluation is not far off

1 Like

Re: Tecno Camon 18 Series: Full Spec Review by sureinfo: 3:06pm On Oct 07, 2021
The design of the phone is everything for me, I love the new look on the camon series
Re: Tecno Camon 18 Series: Full Spec Review by sureinfo: 3:07pm On Oct 07, 2021
Benjaniblinks:

how ever the price is, I believe it will be very much worth it.
Re: Tecno Camon 18 Series: Full Spec Review by atheistandproud(m): 4:16pm On Oct 07, 2021
Mohbola:
They said the 18 Premier is N182,000 so your evaluation is not far off

Chei!

182k!

Odi egwu.
Re: Tecno Camon 18 Series: Full Spec Review by selfdefence: 7:49pm On Oct 07, 2021
Amazing design, lovely specs on this camon phone
Re: Tecno Camon 18 Series: Full Spec Review by Shuregirl: 7:51pm On Oct 07, 2021
So the camon18 is here already
Re: Tecno Camon 18 Series: Full Spec Review by thepoweruser(m): 8:38pm On Oct 07, 2021
atheistandproud:

Chei!

182k!

Odi egwu.

Hullo, my people. How una dey? You missed me? cheesy

Anyway; I think the Camon 18 Premier is totally worth 180K.

182K? Well, yes, but... If you can get it for 180K, please do.

Transsion Holdings (or rather INFINIX and TECNO, I won't even mention that other one grin .) has seriously impressed me.

Forget Helio G95 and G96; I think these phones: the Phantom X, Zero X Pro and Camon 18 Premier are camera-focused midrangers.

Sure, the Redmi Note 10 Pro beats the Zero X Pro in main, ultrawide and selfie cameras and video quality; far better performance, design and battery life; but the fact that Tecno is giving you a PERISCOPE at this price point is just mindblowing.

Even more unexpected is the Camon 18 Premier with 'gimbal OIS' on the ultrawide. Sure, it's not vivo X70 Pro+ quality; but at this price range Tecno is even ahead of the big boys here.

I mean, even high-end, top-drawer flagships don't have stabilized ultrawides. And now that they are cleaning up their software skin, it's even better.

Transsion's top brands are doing great! I'm highly impressed with their products now. Big ups to the new management! (And thanks to the critics, too!!)

1 Like

Re: Tecno Camon 18 Series: Full Spec Review by Freelancerx: 9:49pm On Oct 07, 2021
thepoweruser:

Transsion Holdings (or rather INFINIX and TECNO, I won't even mention that other one grin .) has seriously impressed me.

Forget Helio G95 and G96; I think these phones: the Phantom X, Zero X Pro and Camon 18 Premier are camera-focused midrangers.

Sure, the Redmi Note 10 Pro beats the Zero X Pro in main, ultrawide and selfie cameras and video quality; far better performance, design and battery life; but the fact that Tecno is giving you a PERISCOPE at this price point is just mindblowing.

Even more unexpected is the Camon 18 Premier with 'gimbal OIS' on the ultrawide. Sure, it's not vivo X70 Pro+ quality; but at this price range Tecno is even ahead of the big boys here.

I mean, even high-end, top-drawer flagships don't have stabilized ultrawides. And now that they are cleaning up their software skin, it's even better.

Transsion's top brands are doing great! I'm highly impressed with their products now. Big ups to the new management! (And thanks to the critics, too!!)
Hmmm well said
Re: Tecno Camon 18 Series: Full Spec Review by atheistandproud(m): 10:05pm On Oct 07, 2021
thepoweruser:

Apart from the fast one they tried to play on everyone by putting a 108mp on a Helio G95, my reviews on them have been rather positive.

The prices tho...

Na Samsung dey teach Tecno bad thing.
Re: Tecno Camon 18 Series: Full Spec Review by Shuregirl: 8:49am On Oct 08, 2021
atheistandproud:

Apart from the fast one they tried to play on everyone by putting a 108mp on a Helio G95, my reviews on them have been rather positive.

The prices tho...

these days wey price of everything just dey sky rocket
Re: Tecno Camon 18 Series: Full Spec Review by harryodilli19(m): 9:52am On Oct 08, 2021
camon 18 series seem good camera-wise and design-wise. i especially like the one which comes with 120Hz refresh rate and helio G96. should be good for mid level gaming
Re: Tecno Camon 18 Series: Full Spec Review by NightFood: 12:02pm On Oct 08, 2021
Lovely specs, the designs and camera are the things I love the most about this phone
Re: Tecno Camon 18 Series: Full Spec Review by Freelancerx: 12:06pm On Oct 08, 2021
atheistandproud:

The prices tho...

And tecno used to get their pricing right but then again we can argue that the dollar rates is affecting business too
Re: Tecno Camon 18 Series: Full Spec Review by atheistandproud(m): 12:13pm On Oct 08, 2021
Freelancerx:
And tecno used to get their pricing right but then again we can argue that the dollar rates is affecting business too

I'm not saying it's bad because of two reasons:

1. Global chip shortage
2. Failing economy + weak Naira = inflation

I'm just saying they should pity for their customers.

But las las they're a business and they need to turn over a profit for their investors.

It's why when I did that video about loyalty to wallet vs brands, many did not understand it.

Companies are loyal to their profits and shareholders, not to you the customer. Therefore you the customer should be loyal to your pocket.

3 Likes

Re: Tecno Camon 18 Series: Full Spec Review by Eyanbahose: 6:03pm On Oct 09, 2021
The phone is great
Re: Tecno Camon 18 Series: Full Spec Review by Eyanbahose: 6:03pm On Oct 09, 2021
atheistandproud:

I'm not saying it's bad because of two reasons:

1. Global chip shortage
2. Failing economy + weak Naira = inflation

I'm just saying they should pity for their customers.

But las las they're a business and they need to turn over a profit for their investors.

It's why when I did that video about loyalty to wallet vs brands, many did not understand it.

Companies are loyal to their profits and shareholders, not to you the customer. Therefore you the customer should be loyal to your pocket.
i agree with your last point but then, there are people that can afford the price.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Wow!!! The New Samsung Galaxy A41 Is Water/dust Resistant / Good News From Central Station(free Browsing) / New: HTC Desire EYE; Specs, Photos & Price

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.