Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,264 members, 7,839,340 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 05:11 PM

- - Ferami - - - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / - - Ferami - - (543 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

- - Ferami - - by LiquidWood: 8:03pm On Oct 05, 2021
Hello! I new here and this is the first story I'll be writing. I hope you enjoy It and I'll love to hear feedbacks from you smiley
Re: - - Ferami - - by LiquidWood: 8:04pm On Oct 05, 2021
Click follow to see my updates.... loading
Re: - - Ferami - - by LiquidWood: 8:10pm On Oct 05, 2021
__Chapter 1__
"Walking up is a privilege"

Phew! It was another morning and I had just woken up. I sighed as I rose from the bed (sofa actually). I looked at the clock and Damn! It was 8:00 O'clock and I was still at home! I panicked then I remembered I just quitted my car wash job.

Actually I didn't resign. They fired me because I sabi pass dem. I was still a bit annoyed and I knew that they were expecting me to go back begging but I made up my mind not to go return there. To show them that I really sabi pass them and their oblong heads.

'Now that I no job, I need to find another way of making money' I thought. 'Before I lose the remaining self-respect I have.'
I knew I had to think outside the box. But I didn't even where 'the box' was.

I remembered a certain fellow told me I had to be a technological innovator or own big retail company like Amazon. If I wanted to be among the top richest. But that was for the future. 'I need za money now!' I said.

Still talking about rich guys, I remembered a post I saw before going to bed. Where as a teacher bragged about being tipped 4000$ by a rich man for tutoring his kid.
This thought of being tipped then gave me a some kind of inspiration.

Quickly, I unplugged my phone, open Google Maps, and browsed for the nearest wealthy neighborhood. Luckily, just before I exhausted my last mb I discovered an estate called 'Blue' at West Main Gate.

I opened my wardrobe and to my dismay all my clothes were old and wornout. Anyway what was I expecting. The only good clothe I had was my last year Christmas clothe. And unfortunately I borrowed a Gutman for showbiz.
Dude was a 'YouTube Content Creator'. "It almost two weeks now and he hasn't returned it!" I clenched my fist.

I was going to Blue Estate and I needed to show some class. Sharply, I called Jessica.
Jessica was my once my school mate. Her mother Mama Culture sells Okirika (fairly used clothes) at the market. Though she was a class lower than I, ss2. I collected her number for some reason and we hadn't talked much since then.

'Hello' She spoke like a radio presenter.
'I am your best plug for anyth-'

"Shattap dere!" I cut in, angrily
"plug kor, socket _Shey, you don delete my number nii?" I queried

'Oh! It's you, I don't have this your number na..' she complained
'So what do you want?' (sounding soft)

"Erm!" I cleared my throat like a boss. "You know my size" I continued. "Bring me your best matching outfits, I mean hoods, polo, t-shirt, jeans, sneakers, and the rest. complete set now!"

'Based on say I know your-'

"You know my house na, 103 Green House Behind the Rock, Your transport is covered"

'You don cash out abi?' She laughed

"Don't waste my time o" I hissed and ended the call.

I felt bad when I ended the call. Not because I vented my frustration on some random folk. But I feared that might had made her excited for nothing. I hoped she hadn't taken me seriously. 'Cause
I can't imagine how she would feel when I tell her that I had no money.

I liked her a bit and wouldn't want her to get hurt. But she wouldn't really visit me. would she? I wondered.

I swept the house, washed my clothes, there was no dishes to wash. I tooked my bath, drank plain garri and I was about to continue my sleep.
Suddenly there was a knock in the door.

Who could that be? My heart pounced.

My dad travelled. My mum would be at her shop, my elder bro, Math was an hustler. From being a mechanic and selling spare parts to being an electrician then Graphic designing, polo branding and he's now a delivery driver somewere in the world. He comes back strictly at weekends and that's not today. My sister was in school while the youngest always joins my mom when she closes from her primary sch.

Maybe one of my friend from work was sent to retrieve me I thought.

"When you're ready, you'll come inside I shouted"

God damn! It was Jessica.

'How're u doing?' She muttered as she sat on the sofa. "Jessy Casuals!" I hailed. I didn't realize I told he she was looking good until she responded with 'as usual. '

Having a pretty girl in my house! felt like Walmart serving me free food. Her jasmine perfume filled the living room. Also pink head tie and patterned sweater which matched the dark mini skirt and flip flops she wore...

'What are you looking at?' she teased.
Damn I must have stared too long
"Ehn?! Bring the stuff sharply, there is no time" I quickly snapped.

Wow, my heart leaped for joy when I saw them. I was grinning end to end inside, although I maintained a blank expression on the outside.

It was a light blue pure cotton pullover hoodie with a little Fernando inscription on it an a jogger pant of the same color. Cool trainers and a digital sport led wristwatch to compliment. I have never been better dressed for the cool weather we had.

'Test them' she said 'As you can see they are clean and neat'.

I did that in my room. I looked at my mirror and I couldn't hide how impressed I was. I came out bouncing and she gave me a hat to fit.

By now she could see that I liked it. 'You look dope' she said and chucked. 'Your money is 12k.'
BOOOM! my poor heart skip a beat!
"baby, you like rushing things. When I told you to package the clothes did I tell you that I will pay now?" I spoke with humility.
'Ehn?!' she exclaimed.
"I just want to borrow them for to--"
'NO WAY!' she said aggressively 'Please package them back' She stood up and and was about undressing me

That triggered me. I got defensive and forcefully pushed her back.

She landed back on the sofa and became calm. Confused and with her eyes half filled with tears. It was as though she realized how weak she was against me.

A part of me was sorry with the other part wasn't ready to give up the clothes. I became a monster didn't I?

I moved closer and sat by her to kind of offer a better explanation like one would give a kid. "You know we are all hustling in this town and we gat help each other.
She was quiet
" The stuffs I want to run these days is the type that I will be addressed the way I'm dressed. you know" I continued softly. Now she couldn't look at me. I wondered if she was scared or something. I took her trembling hands and squeezed N500 to it.

"When I make this money, I will take care of sweet hearts like you I promise"

'I'll be on my way'
She looked up to leave.

Half way through the doors she turned back. 'I - - forgot - - '
She looked at me

I was holding her phone and I was very reluctant to give her back.

It looked very smart on the outside. And I felt it would fit me more than mine which has a recklessly cracked screen.
Well, I'd already hurt her. I couldn't hurt i more, could I?... I should just do it completely.

"Take my phone instead, and comeback for yours tomorrow"

(1) (Reply)

Book Archon - Ultimate Fantasy Fiction book Thread / Your Favourite Among Afe Babalola,bola Ige And Richard Akinjide? / Writers Needed - 10 Unique And Fresh SEO Articles For $10 Or N1500

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.