Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,242 members, 7,849,885 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 11:04 AM

Lagos Seeks Partnership With Private Sector, Stakeholders For Smart City Project - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Seeks Partnership With Private Sector, Stakeholders For Smart City Project (7070 Views)

Lagos Seeks FG’s Support In Funding Infrastructure Projects / Lagos Seeks Understanding On Lekki-ikoyi Tollgate / Gov Obiano Tours Awka Millenium City Project, Commends Developers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Seeks Partnership With Private Sector, Stakeholders For Smart City Project by m140(m): 8:57am On Oct 06, 2021
obynzo:

If only you were in igbo land. The structure is designed to systemically limit the south east. Do you know how many initiatives have been put forward in the south east that have been quashed by FG? Bros there are a lot of things you really don't know Oji river power station has been left to rot away since after the war ended. FG only decided to refurbish Afam1 because it was in Rivers state Countless times this govt has deliberately blocked any plans to activate Oji river power station that can effectively power the whole south east.
Excuses ....
Problem of we southerners
Re: Lagos Seeks Partnership With Private Sector, Stakeholders For Smart City Project by m140(m): 9:03am On Oct 06, 2021
drlateef:

You are 100% wrong in your analysis. You lack knowledge and I will teach you. First of all, your colonial mentality is exhibited in woeful proportions here. The idea that Lagos was capital is basically nonsensical because Calabar was capital of Nigeria before Lagos, where is Calabar today? Which structures of the capital are still there today? Show me the federal structures in Lagos that you do not have in other states. Oil companies are the minuscule of those doing business in
Lagos. And they will always situate anywhere there is no security challenges and manpower is available. Lagos is also an oil producing state anyway. When financial headquarters are situated in London, it’s the investment friendliness that attracted them, along with availability of manpower etc. Businesses are not situated based on ethnic origin or sources of production. Offices are located elsewhere while the production areas are located in the areas of resource base. Go back to school and learn why businesses situate their headquarters in certain places. You ask your governors to be investor friendly snd provide necessary infrastructure to attract investors. Stop blaming others for your woes. Lagos had no railway like other states until Buhari came. Even the Lagos /Ibadan rail is still in infancy. That’s not contributing nothing to the growth of Lagos at present. The ports you mention is not belonging to Lagos state and the state does not take revenue from the ports. Onne Port is there, other ports are open in east by Buhari, why do your brothers still prefer to berth their cargos in Lagos? Go back to school and learn basic economics. Many countries are landlocked like Singapore and yet are fast developing due to good leadership. How long will you continue to blame past events on your underdevelopment? This is slavery mentality. Your leaders are your problems, not the ports. Not the federal structures that are not even there anymore in Lagos. Not any federal presence. You can a huge change with visionary leadership which you don’t have at present. Stop blaming others for your woes. Blame yourselves for not having good leaders among your people.
This blame blame is very annoying....
We ain't really as smart we thought we were in the south... accepting ones fault is a rocket science here
Re: Lagos Seeks Partnership With Private Sector, Stakeholders For Smart City Project by Nobody: 10:30am On Oct 06, 2021
Hotfreeze:

Nyamiri, when you finish crying, go out and burn buildings in Igboland. Daft fool.

You remind me of one Almajiri i saw drinking gutter water in Minna years ago when i served......
Re: Lagos Seeks Partnership With Private Sector, Stakeholders For Smart City Project by Nobody: 10:32am On Oct 06, 2021
Chrisvotel:
i want to ask a question, can't the state government develop the sea port, cause if they can build air port why can't they develop the sea port

FG must give you approval to do so if not you are on your own.
Re: Lagos Seeks Partnership With Private Sector, Stakeholders For Smart City Project by Nobody: 10:41am On Oct 06, 2021
drlateef:

You are 100% wrong in your analysis. You lack knowledge and I will teach you. First of all, your colonial mentality is exhibited in woeful proportions here. The idea that Lagos was capital is basically nonsensical because Calabar was capital of Nigeria before Lagos, where is Calabar today? Which structures of the capital are still there today? Show me the federal structures in Lagos that you do not have in other states. Oil companies are the minuscule of those doing business in
Lagos. And they will always situate anywhere there is no security challenges and manpower is available. Lagos is also an oil producing state

How many barrels of oil has lagos contributed so far. Even among the list of oil producing states lagos is not there. Stop this BS Abeg.

anyway. When financial headquarters are situated in London, it’s the investment friendliness that attracted them, along with availability of manpower etc. Businesses are not situated based on ethnic origin or sources of production. Offices are located elsewhere while the production areas are located in the areas of resource base. Go back to school and learn why businesses situate their headquarters in certain places. You ask your governors to be investor friendly snd provide necessary infrastructure to attract investors. Stop blaming others for your woes. Lagos had no railway like other states until Buhari came. Another Big fat Lie. Lagos has always had railways that were working though with skeletal services stop the lies abeg

Even the Lagos /Ibadan rail is still in infancy. That’s not contributing nothing to the growth of Lagos at present. The ports you mention is not belonging to Lagos state and the state does not take revenue from the ports. Onne Port is there, For years FG has paid lip service towards dredging the eastern channels from Bonny to Onne that is why the kind of vessels you see in Lagos cannot enter Onne please stop the lies we know why these ports will never be worked upon by FG
other ports are open in east by Buhari( Buhari never opened any ports in the east stop the lies), why do your brothers still prefer to berth their cargos in Lagos? Go back to school and learn basic economics. Many countries are landlocked like Singapore (Another lie from you again how can a country that has a shipping yard where ships and oil rigs are fabricated be landlocked?) and yet are fast developing due to good leadership. How long will you continue to blame past events on your underdevelopment? This is slavery mentality. Your leaders are your problems, not the ports. Not the federal structures that are not even there anymore in Lagos(So Federal Structures can evaporate!!!! Nice try Oga look for some other lies to write). Not any federal presence. You can a huge change with visionary leadership which you don’t have at present. Stop blaming others for your woes. Blame yourselves for not having good leaders among your people.

To sum these up no one is blaming anyone we know what we are saying that there is no equity at all in governance and development. Oji river power station was deliberately left to rot when Afam1 was refurbished after the war and you tell me it was not deliberate!!!!!!!! There are several other instances that i would not talk about. How many times has FG deliberately blocked Anambra state government from revamping Oji river Power station in Buhari's era. Oga please if you don't know anything just shut up
Re: Lagos Seeks Partnership With Private Sector, Stakeholders For Smart City Project by drlateef: 11:13am On Oct 06, 2021
obynzo:

To sum these up no one is blaming anyone we know what we are saying that there is no equity at all in governance and development. Oji river power station was deliberately left to rot when Afam1 was refurbished after the war and you tell me it was not deliberate!!!!!!!! There are several other instances that i would not talk about. How many times has FG deliberately blocked Anambra state government from revamping Oji river Power station in Buhari's era. Oga please if you don't know anything just shut up

Can I ask you just one question: who were the majority tribe in power when Jonathan ruled for 5 years? Obviously they were the Igbo politicians. All Yorubas were marginalised. We did not cry blue murder. And what did all your Igbo brothers do to address the problems you stated? Nothing. That’s why Biafra is a mirage. Selfishness is the problem of your people. Nobody is maginalising them. And all your answers in bold are false to everyone who has the knowledge. I rest my case.
Re: Lagos Seeks Partnership With Private Sector, Stakeholders For Smart City Project by Nobody: 11:17am On Oct 06, 2021
drlateef:

Can I ask you just one question: who were the majority tribe in power when Jonathan ruled for 5 years? Obviously they were the Igbo politicians. All Yorubas were marginalised. We did not cry blue murder. And what did all your Igbo brothers do to address the problems you stated? Nothing. That’s why Biafra is a mirage. Selfishness is the problem of your people. Nobody is maginalising them. And all your answers in bold are false to everyone who has the knowledge. I rest my case.

Bros please list Jonathan's cabinet and their ethnicity let us analyse it. These lies must stop we are being marginalized even Jonathan tried to redress them and he met stiff opposition from northerners. You say i made false allegations on the bolded. So the lie you gave that Singapore is landlocked is true abi!!!!!!!!! a country that has shipping yards to fabricate oil rigs and ships!!!!!!!!!! so when they produce the ships and oil rigs they tow it by road abi!!!!! Bros easy with your lies abeg.
Re: Lagos Seeks Partnership With Private Sector, Stakeholders For Smart City Project by drlateef: 11:45am On Oct 06, 2021
obynzo:

Bros please list Jonathan's cabinet and their ethnicity let us analyse it. These lies must stop we are being marginalized even Jonathan tried to redress them and he met stiff opposition from northerners. You say i made false allegations on the bolded. So the lie you gave that Singapore is landlocked is true abi!!!!!!!!! a country that has shipping yards to fabricate oil rigs and ships!!!!!!!!!! so when they produce the ships and oil rigs they tow it by road abi!!!!! Bros easy with your lies abeg.

Does Singapore have oil? Does Singapore depend on oil wealth? How many wealthy countries have oil? Your brain is your endowment to change the world with your hands. Minerals do not help many corrupt countries, Nigeria inclusive. Use your brains and hands to change your states in the east. Elect good leaders based on merits and achievement, not based on primordial considerations. That’s my piece of advice.
Re: Lagos Seeks Partnership With Private Sector, Stakeholders For Smart City Project by Nobody: 12:09pm On Oct 06, 2021
drlateef:

Does Singapore have oil? Does Singapore depend on oil wealth? How many wealthy countries have oil? Your brain is your endowment to change the world with your hands. Minerals do not help many corrupt countries, Nigeria inclusive. Use your brains and hands to change your states in the east. Elect good leaders based on merits and achievement, not based on primordial considerations. That’s my piece of advice.

Oga you are trying to be clever. You just lied that Singapore was landlocked didn't you?
Re: Lagos Seeks Partnership With Private Sector, Stakeholders For Smart City Project by mecussey(m): 1:23pm On Oct 06, 2021
elmessiahs:
Omo Lagos is an autonomous area in Nigeria, doing great and big things. Them no dey d same league with any state not even FCT Abuja, they are miles ahead that's why you must commend tinubu for this seriously.
Calling him all the names you want, he did well in setting a good platform for eko. Eko o'ni baj'e ooo

I agree with you, the Lagos leadership is top notch. Bring any idea they welcome it with open hands irrespective of where you come from. It's a state that wants to progress..if not they are in Nigeria where they are feeding lazy states , they for don go far.
Re: Lagos Seeks Partnership With Private Sector, Stakeholders For Smart City Project by elmessiahs(m): 1:33pm On Oct 06, 2021
mecussey:

I agree with you, the Lagos leadership is top notch. Bring any idea they welcome it with open hands irrespective of where you come from. It's a state that wants to progress..if not they are in Nigeria where they are feeding lazy states , they for don go far.
Wish my dear Rivers could do similar, but we are still out playing ethnic, upland and riverine dichotomy kinda politics which have eroded the state from going beyond where we are. As well, the division of APC and PDP politics have ensured bitterness and acrimonious kinda politics is what contemporarily established as the order of the day.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Bello Bodejo, Established Vigilante Firm, Not Ethnic Militia — Brother / Jonathan Responds: Hyundai Heavy Says Not Building Nigerian Shipyard / List Of Countries That Are Smaller Than Biafra By Size

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.