Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,050 members, 7,810,898 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:56 PM

Two Storey Building Collapses In Abuja, One Dead, Several Rescued - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Two Storey Building Collapses In Abuja, One Dead, Several Rescued (26331 Views)

Building Collapses In Ikorodu, Lagos. One Dead, Two Rescued (Pictures) / Photos As 3-Storey Building Collapses In Ibadan / Two-Storey Building Collapses In Zaria, Four People Dead (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Two Storey Building Collapses In Abuja, One Dead, Several Rescued by Antoeni(m): 5:00pm On Oct 06, 2021
Wetin happen,
Re: Two Storey Building Collapses In Abuja, One Dead, Several Rescued by konamitv: 5:01pm On Oct 06, 2021
Do You need AN AVAILABLE and AFFORDABLE Graphics Designer today.. Click on this link so we could do business ASAP

https://www.facebook.com/107255907346959/posts/658297112242833/?app=fbl
Re: Two Storey Building Collapses In Abuja, One Dead, Several Rescued by stanley000: 5:03pm On Oct 06, 2021
Nice one. I like it when a building collapse during construction. Let it kill both the client and the baba that said no need for engr
Re: Two Storey Building Collapses In Abuja, One Dead, Several Rescued by stanley000: 5:05pm On Oct 06, 2021
JavaScript90:
Hold the contractor and engineer. Let them rot in jail
there's no engr. Which client hire engr these days. They already have one baba kemi who has built over 20 hotels and has 60years experience, that's their engr. Some clients make u think education is indeed a scam. A masters degree client alow a bricklayer to decide on building matters.
Re: Two Storey Building Collapses In Abuja, One Dead, Several Rescued by stanley000: 5:14pm On Oct 06, 2021
AsomArchitectNG:
Too bad. Pls we should learn to keep up with building codes and laws. Let's adhere to standard and not compromise as regards construction projects cos when the damages eventually happens it's tends to take more life cos it's a living vicinity.

Perosnally ave left some construction jobs just because am been asked to compromise on the use of materials, honestly speaking as a building engineer i can't jeopardize my professional career or make use of substandard materials for construction projects knowing fully well that the building is going to be habitted by humans because that counciousness is always there. God help us
baba with all due respect can u swear you keep up with every building code? I'm not saying u don't want to but will the client allow you to do everything to standard?
Re: Two Storey Building Collapses In Abuja, One Dead, Several Rescued by jericco1(m): 5:15pm On Oct 06, 2021
Abiodunibidapo:
Chineke

I buy all these Following Funds @ good rate

Zelle funds rate 400/$

Cashapp funds rate 400/$

Greendot funds rate 400/$

Venmo funds rate 370/$

Chime funds rate 380/$

Apple pay rate 400/$

Bitcoin/Usdt

Neteller funds rate 440/$

Itunes card 370/$

Amazon card 400/$

Steam wallet 380/$

Google play 370/$

Other cards are welcome and any country

Scammer run ooo
Re: Two Storey Building Collapses In Abuja, One Dead, Several Rescued by AsomArchitectNG(m): 5:25pm On Oct 06, 2021
stanley000:
baba with all due respect can u swear you keep up with every building code? I'm not saying u don't want to but will the client allow you to do everything to standard?

There are areas the client can not decide for you as the engineer like structural details in the building etc...

I took up the construction of an event centre in 2016 for a client. Now the client wanted me to reduce the size of column base and also wanted 12mm instead of 16mm as specificied by my structural engineer. I told him i can't compromise and i left the job. 2weeks later i found out he already hired another engineer to continue with the job. So you see while some may want to compromise in other not to miss out from the job there are still some that holds the Profession in high esteem too...
Re: Two Storey Building Collapses In Abuja, One Dead, Several Rescued by omoakin22: 5:58pm On Oct 06, 2021
hope buhari is not in the building
Re: Two Storey Building Collapses In Abuja, One Dead, Several Rescued by Skillsnigeria: 6:52pm On Oct 06, 2021
Hmmm
Re: Two Storey Building Collapses In Abuja, One Dead, Several Rescued by Caramia2020(m): 6:56pm On Oct 06, 2021
bomos2:
I blame Buhari for this
Are u saying that Buhari is d engineer? Na wa o
Re: Two Storey Building Collapses In Abuja, One Dead, Several Rescued by Nobody: 7:47pm On Oct 06, 2021
Abuja House wey them dey use carton build...Foam build come keep am at a high price.....
Re: Two Storey Building Collapses In Abuja, One Dead, Several Rescued by Gfskw: 8:08pm On Oct 06, 2021
Oh
Re: Two Storey Building Collapses In Abuja, One Dead, Several Rescued by stanley000: 8:30pm On Oct 06, 2021
AsomArchitectNG:

There are areas the client can not decide for you as the engineer like structural details in the building etc...

I took up the construction of an event centre in 2016 for a client. Now the client wanted me to reduce the size of column base saying and wanted 12mm instead of 16mm as specificied by my structural engineer. I told him i can't compromise and i left the job. 2weeks later i found out he already hired another engineer to continue with the job. So you see while some may want to compromise in other not to miss out from the job there are still some that holds the Proffesion in high esteem too...
countless architects and engineers all registered if you see the nonsense they are building all because they need to keep a client, most of them claim to be professionals but are building death traps. I don't blame them though, there's hunger in the land and everybody now is on red eye mode. Alot of building collapse are because of clients greed. Imagine a client telling me 1:3:6 i put on notes is not relevant that its only on paper representation, sounded so funny.

I like it when building collapse during construction and i hope it falls on top the baba that use juju to confuse the supposed educated client who should know better.
Re: Two Storey Building Collapses In Abuja, One Dead, Several Rescued by AsomArchitectNG(m): 8:55pm On Oct 06, 2021
stanley000:
countless architects and engineers all registered if you see the nonsense they are building all because they need to keep a client, most of them claim to be professionals but are building death traps. I don't blame them though, there's hunger in the land and everybody now is on red eye mode. Alot of building collapse are because of clients greed. Imagine a client telling me 1:3:6 i put on notes is not relevant that its only on paper representation, sounded so funny.

I like it when building collapse during construction and i hope it falls on top the baba that use juju to confuse the supposed educated client who should know better.

It's so sad my brother.
Re: Two Storey Building Collapses In Abuja, One Dead, Several Rescued by Slurity(m): 7:24am On Oct 07, 2021
DoggoneDogg:
Bet am with me, na Afonja bricklayers work on am.
Dis pipu are always happy to work for the Devil.
And yet same people are far better than any other side of the country. I think working with that your kind of devil is what we should all emulate.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Building Made Easy! / Pregnant Woman & Her Daughter Die In Ogun Building Collapse. Photos / Building On Swamp, How Do I Go, Raft Or Pile?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.