Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,607 members, 7,812,996 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:29 AM

Mr. Seun: The Level Of Tribalism And Ethnic E-warfare In Nairaland Is Sickening - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mr. Seun: The Level Of Tribalism And Ethnic E-warfare In Nairaland Is Sickening (1904 Views)

Nigerians Accuse Tinubu Of Tribalism, For Bypassing Brilliant Dr. Obiora / Marauding Herdsmen Have Launched Guerrilla Warfare In Yorubaland — Agbekoya / Why Is Jimi Agbaje Always Playing The Politics Of Tribalism In Lagos? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mr. Seun: The Level Of Tribalism And Ethnic E-warfare In Nairaland Is Sickening by IAfrica: 9:46am On Oct 06, 2021
Nairaland has become really sickening in recent months and years as tribalism now seems to be the order of the day here. Ethnic bigots have made Nairaland their home and are running amok. And the owner of the platform, Seun, seems to be enjoying it because he hasn't done anything to stop it.

It is really disappointing how the once interesting and fun Nairaland has become a playground for tribalists, ethnic bigots and religious charlatans. You can hardly open a thread nowadays where you won't see the Yorubas fighting the Igbos, the northerners fighting the southerners or Muslims exchanging expletives with Christians.

This has really gotten out of hand and I think it is high time Seun and the mods do something about it, because I no longer enjoy visiting or reading Nairaland and I know that thousands of people share the same sentiments. I don't know if it is a strategy to attract traffic, but it will really turn out to be counter-productive in the near future.

You can hide my post or ban me for saying what I just said but the fact will always remain the fact.

18 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Mr. Seun: The Level Of Tribalism And Ethnic E-warfare In Nairaland Is Sickening by Americafighter: 9:48am On Oct 06, 2021
Supported by me

1 Like

Re: Mr. Seun: The Level Of Tribalism And Ethnic E-warfare In Nairaland Is Sickening by tesseract: 9:56am On Oct 06, 2021
There is absolutely nothing he can do about it. There is too much anonymity on the forum. He may be able to reduce it but stopping it is near impossible.

5 Likes

Re: Mr. Seun: The Level Of Tribalism And Ethnic E-warfare In Nairaland Is Sickening by Nobody: 9:57am On Oct 06, 2021
IAfrica:
Nairaland has become really sickening in recent months and years as tribalism now seems to be the order of the day here. Ethnic bigots have made Nairaland their home and are running amok. And the owner of the platform, Seun, seems to be enjoying it because he hasn't done anything to stop it.

It is really disappointing how the once interesting and fun Nairaland has become a playground for tribalists, ethnic bigots and religious charlatans. You can hardly open a thread nowadays where you won't see the Yorubas fighting the Igbos, the northerners fighting the southerners or Muslims exchanging expletives with Christians.

This has really gotten out of hand and I think it is high time Seun and the mods do something about it, because I no longer enjoy visiting or reading Nairaland and I know that thousands of people share the same sentiments. I don't know if it is a strategy to attract traffic, but it will really turn out to be counter-productive in the near future.

You can hide my post or ban me for saying what I just said but the fact will always remain the fact.

You must be new here.

Nairaland has, and always has , been like that.

The thing is, the internet is built on and runs on 'freedom of speech' (Whether that is absolute is another thing). Add the anonimity...and people let loose.

Anyway, you know what to do. SEE A BIGOTED COMMENT....ALERT THE MODS, OR MAIL THE MODS...OR USE THE REPORT BUTTON.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mr. Seun: The Level Of Tribalism And Ethnic E-warfare In Nairaland Is Sickening by Tajbol4splend(m): 10:06am On Oct 06, 2021
The Igbos pioneered it and it was all about the Yoruba people stopping them from winning the Biafra War and voting against their favorite thief and tyrant in Jonathan, you know as a Yoruba man, you have to give it back to them at the right size, but I think it's getting better, at least I hope so.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mr. Seun: The Level Of Tribalism And Ethnic E-warfare In Nairaland Is Sickening by Mace0lane: 10:11am On Oct 06, 2021
Is this because Peter Obi was exposed by Pandora for using his olosho daughter to launder Anambra state fund or what ?

Just 3 days if onslaught against a daredevil criminal n fraudster like Peter Obi fools are opening thread up n down.

Do you have any idea how many threads Igbos have open over Buhari Tinubu Amaechi Akpabio etc calling them fraudster without a single indictment. Some of you Igbos need your medulla beating thoroughly by hard 2by2 to get sense.

IAfrica:

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mr. Seun: The Level Of Tribalism And Ethnic E-warfare In Nairaland Is Sickening by IAfrica: 10:34am On Oct 06, 2021
anorexicmuster:

You must be new here.

Nairaland has, and always has , been like that.

The thing is, the internet is built on and runs on 'freedom of speech' (Whether that is absolute is another thing). Add the anonimity...and people let loose.

Anyway, you know what to do. SEE A BIGOTED COMMENT....ALERT THE MODS, OR MAIL THE MODS...OR USE THE REPORT BUTTON.

You can not hide behind the cloak of "freedom of speech" and allow mischief-makers to hijack your platform. Just take a look at what is currently happening in the US where Facebook has been brought under the spotlight for political polarization and the toxic effects of social media.

Gone are the days that platforms like Nairaland can use freedom of speech as an excuse.
Re: Mr. Seun: The Level Of Tribalism And Ethnic E-warfare In Nairaland Is Sickening by Nobody: 10:36am On Oct 06, 2021
IAfrica:

You can not hide behind the cloak of "freedom of speech" and allow mischief-makers to hijack your platform. Just take a look at what is currently happening in the US where Facebook has been brought under the spotlight for political polarization and the toxic effects of social media.

Gone are the days that platforms like Nairaland can use freedom of speech as an excuse.

True...but like I said, we have mechanisms here on this site for dealing with hateful and bigoted comments...contact the mods by

1.Using the report button

2.Wrting or mailing the mods directly...especially the supermod.

Not perfect, but better than nothing.

2 Likes

Re: Mr. Seun: The Level Of Tribalism And Ethnic E-warfare In Nairaland Is Sickening by nairalandankrah: 10:38am On Oct 06, 2021
Seun should replace the share button with dislike button... Trust me, all this will end grin

But seun wouldn't dare! He is enjoying the war, you fight &_he makes money from it grin..
QED

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mr. Seun: The Level Of Tribalism And Ethnic E-warfare In Nairaland Is Sickening by LadyExcellency: 10:41am On Oct 06, 2021
It beneficial to the business as people tends to bicker over controversial and antagonistic opinions.

Hate and tribalism is good for business of microblogging.

Seun knows it and as a typical businessman, he values money over decency, anytime, anyday.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mr. Seun: The Level Of Tribalism And Ethnic E-warfare In Nairaland Is Sickening by otokx(m): 10:44am On Oct 06, 2021
Nairaland remains a reflection of Nigeria.

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Mr. Seun: The Level Of Tribalism And Ethnic E-warfare In Nairaland Is Sickening by loveth360(f): 10:50am On Oct 06, 2021
IAfrica:

Lolz Yoruba man crying but na una started tribalism here on nairaland ,na even yoruba man called awo introduced Tribalism in Nigeria politics.

Well we are hear to pay you in your own coins.

Una cry just dey start......

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mr. Seun: The Level Of Tribalism And Ethnic E-warfare In Nairaland Is Sickening by Joromi1: 11:24am On Oct 06, 2021
Hateful and jealous asses from the southeast started it and the headslamming terrorists from the north saw it as an opportunity to shine and have been using it. Once there's disunity among Southerners they have everything to gain.

4 Likes

Re: Mr. Seun: The Level Of Tribalism And Ethnic E-warfare In Nairaland Is Sickening by OyigboUpdate: 11:28am On Oct 06, 2021
Before the coming of Nnamdi Kanu and IPOB there was no tribalism. IPOB caused everything. God save us

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mr. Seun: The Level Of Tribalism And Ethnic E-warfare In Nairaland Is Sickening by shigishege: 11:36am On Oct 06, 2021
Remove all ibos from this platform everything, everywhere will be calm. Those guys are so troublesome, hateful and wicked. Ask dokubo, he will tell you more about them. I don't know what Yoruba did to them. They hate is so much for the Yoruba from them. As long as they continue to insult Yoruba we too shall give it to them more and more. Leave seen out of this. Upon say na Yoruba man get this platform to, they keep attacking us. It's ibos that are distroying this forum. Not hausas, not ijaws, not ikweres, not fulanis.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Mr. Seun: The Level Of Tribalism And Ethnic E-warfare In Nairaland Is Sickening by Frenchkiss564: 11:39am On Oct 06, 2021
I'm afraid tribalism has even reduced. It used to be worse. As 2023 election draws near expect more and more tribalism.

Nairaland is too toxic

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mr. Seun: The Level Of Tribalism And Ethnic E-warfare In Nairaland Is Sickening by shigishege: 11:40am On Oct 06, 2021
loveth360:
Lolz Yoruba man crying but na una started tribalism here on nairaland ,na even yoruba man called awo introduced Tribalism in Nigeria politics.

you know what you will do?? Maybe you will find ibo forum because this forum is created by a Yoruba man. So that's tells you how intelligent Yorubas are. His name is Seun Osewa. So this site is a bonafied Yoruba site. Find Yaminrin site upward. I know everywhere you people enter you must distroy and create animosity in the place. When your biafla comes, you will be paying entry fee before you are allowed to come into this forum. You people are so curnning and manipulative. You will slap someone and still be crying. I pray your biafla comes so you can remain in your AfghanEASTERN

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mr. Seun: The Level Of Tribalism And Ethnic E-warfare In Nairaland Is Sickening by loveth360(f): 11:43am On Oct 06, 2021
shigishege:
you know what you will do?? This forum is created by a Yoruba man. So that's tells you how intelligent Yorubas are. So this site is a bonafied Yoruba site. I know everywhere you people enter youuat distroy and create animosity in theace. When your biafla comes, you will be paying entry fee before you are allowed to come into this forum.
Say it without cryinggrin grin

7 Likes

Re: Mr. Seun: The Level Of Tribalism And Ethnic E-warfare In Nairaland Is Sickening by shigishege: 11:46am On Oct 06, 2021
loveth360:
Say it without cryinggrin grin
Mama ipob, I forget it's you. If I start insulting you now you will be wailing, have you heard how asari describe you people??

7 Likes

Re: Mr. Seun: The Level Of Tribalism And Ethnic E-warfare In Nairaland Is Sickening by Nobody: 11:47am On Oct 06, 2021
Mtchewww tongue
Having gone through OP's previous posts, I can see that he is just one useless IPOB/UGM supporter.

Sorry, I can't take this kind person serious.

7 Likes

Re: Mr. Seun: The Level Of Tribalism And Ethnic E-warfare In Nairaland Is Sickening by Gandollaar(f): 11:50am On Oct 06, 2021
Tajbol4splend:
The Igbos pioneered it and it was all about the Yoruba people stopping them from winning the Biafra War and voting against their favorite thief and tyrant in Jonathan, you know as a Yoruba man, you have to give it back to them at the right size, but I think it's getting better, at least I hope so.
You hoped it's getting better even while perpetrating same now. You must be very unintelligent throwing blames.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mr. Seun: The Level Of Tribalism And Ethnic E-warfare In Nairaland Is Sickening by Gandollaar(f): 11:52am On Oct 06, 2021
Mace0lane:
Is this because Peter Obi was exposed by Pandora for using his olosho daughter to launder Anambra state fund or what ?

Just 3 days if onslaught against a daredevil criminal n fraudster like Peter Obi fools are opening thread up n down.

Do you have any idea how many threads Igbos have open over Buhari Tinubu Amaechi Akpabio etc calling them fraudster without a single indictment. Some of you Igbos need your medulla beating thoroughly by hard 2by2 to get sense.

If it's violence you want, I a lady will personally use my bare hands to finish you in ten seconds.

Ibb comes to mind now.

1 Like

Re: Mr. Seun: The Level Of Tribalism And Ethnic E-warfare In Nairaland Is Sickening by Gandollaar(f): 11:54am On Oct 06, 2021
shigishege:
Mama ipob, I forget it's you. If I start insulting you now you will be wailing, have you heard how asari describe you people??
Asari is now your new Lord??

Well good luck with sucking his PMB.

1 Like

Re: Mr. Seun: The Level Of Tribalism And Ethnic E-warfare In Nairaland Is Sickening by Gandollaar(f): 11:56am On Oct 06, 2021
I wonder why people disturb themselves over the state of this site. I have always maintained that you quit coming here if you don't have a strong stomach. Seu.n is free to run his fvcking blog the way he wants.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mr. Seun: The Level Of Tribalism And Ethnic E-warfare In Nairaland Is Sickening by Sammy07: 11:57am On Oct 06, 2021
Gandollaar:
If it's violence you want, I a lady will personally use my bare hands to finish you in ten seconds.

Ibb comes to mind now.

Go and sleep jare

2 Likes

Re: Mr. Seun: The Level Of Tribalism And Ethnic E-warfare In Nairaland Is Sickening by TheSupleemLeada(m): 11:57am On Oct 06, 2021
Op is a hypocritical ipob fool

3 Likes

Re: Mr. Seun: The Level Of Tribalism And Ethnic E-warfare In Nairaland Is Sickening by Newton85: 11:59am On Oct 06, 2021
loveth360:

Sorry o, Eboe man pretending to be a woman, how did Awo introduce tribalism in Nigerian politics?

2 Likes

Re: Mr. Seun: The Level Of Tribalism And Ethnic E-warfare In Nairaland Is Sickening by BKayy: 12:00pm On Oct 06, 2021
Nairaland reflects the reality in Nigeria.

"All men are hypocrites but when they hide behind a mask, they reveal the truth"

Nairaland is that mask

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mr. Seun: The Level Of Tribalism And Ethnic E-warfare In Nairaland Is Sickening by shigishege: 12:00pm On Oct 06, 2021
Gandollaar:
Asari is now your new Lord??

Well good luck with sucking his PMB.
Noooo na you people said he is your brother from ijaw now.

2 Likes

Re: Mr. Seun: The Level Of Tribalism And Ethnic E-warfare In Nairaland Is Sickening by Sammy07: 12:03pm On Oct 06, 2021
loveth360:

”Igbo domination of Nigeria is only a matter of time”- Charles Onyeama, a prominent igbo lawyer and member of the Central Legislative Council, 1945. (Page 204 ”Ethnic Politics In Kenya and Nigeria” by Godfrey Mwakikagile).

”It would appear that the God of Africa has created the Igbo nation to lead the children of Africa from the bondage of ages ….” – Dr Azikiwe, President of the Pan-Igbo Federal Union. (The West African Pilot of July 8, 1949).

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mr. Seun: The Level Of Tribalism And Ethnic E-warfare In Nairaland Is Sickening by Tajbol4splend(m): 12:03pm On Oct 06, 2021
Gandollaar:
You hoped it's getting better even while perpetrating same now. You must be very unintelligent throwing blames.

What false blame did I throw?

1 Like

Re: Mr. Seun: The Level Of Tribalism And Ethnic E-warfare In Nairaland Is Sickening by Redcrafton: 12:04pm On Oct 06, 2021
Newton85:
Sorry o, Eboe man pretending to be a woman, how did Awo introduce tribalism in Nigerian politics?

Yoruba man, you are new in the country..

See...

Nigeria’s Problems Started With Awo’s Introduction Of Tribal Politics — Unongo

https://www.nairaland.com/3883403/nigerias-problems-started-awos-introduction

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

2023: I Can't Find My Certificate - PDP VP Candidate, Okowa / Traditionalists celebrating Salah in a controversial display in Gombe(photos) / We Sympathise With Peter Obi And Not Hold It Against Him- Datti Gaffes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.