Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,879 members, 7,817,586 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:00 PM

Does God Ever Change? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Does God Ever Change? (1220 Views)

Will GOD Ever Forgive Satan? / Can God Ever Forgive Satan? / Why Doesn't God Ever Answer Prayers? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does God Ever Change? by Todd(m): 3:05am On Feb 13, 2006
jw but does god ever change? i mean according to the bible, he/she used to be vengefull and level cities. are we just behaveing or has he/she changed?
Re: Does God Ever Change? by Free(f): 5:06pm On Feb 14, 2006
No God never changes
Re: Does God Ever Change? by choiceA: 10:10pm On Feb 19, 2006
Todd,

I'd like to see this thread grow because I feel its topic is valid as many people (myself included) have heard and asked similar questions, and also wondered what to make of it. Sadly, when answers were not forthcoming, it has led some to say unfortunate things about Him in the belief that He has indeed changed. Perhaps, it might be helpful to define the question a bit more - like, in what ways are we asking if God has changed? In His ways, His nature, His Word, or His governance of lives?

Personally, I don't see any change - He is still the same unchanging God in all ages: absolute, eternal, loving and merciful. However, the fact that He is the ultimate Judge in no way contradicts His gracious disposition. He is the same God.
Re: Does God Ever Change? by babymine(f): 5:01pm On Mar 13, 2006
God is a He not a she. N He neva changes. He is unchangeable and unchanging. He cannot change and nothing can change Him.
Re: Does God Ever Change? by reniks(f): 12:04am On Mar 19, 2006
God doesn't ever change.He remains the same yesterday,today and for ever.
Re: Does God Ever Change? by gigitte(f): 7:32am On Mar 19, 2006
God doesnt change, only his revelation to human beings changes
Re: Does God Ever Change? by choiceA: 8:08pm On Mar 19, 2006
gigitte:

God doesnt change, only his revelation to human beings changes

'Progressive revelation', you mean? It all depends on which 'God' we're talking about. From the Christian reference, God does not change; His revelation is progressive - not changing. Just a note. wink
Re: Does God Ever Change? by gigitte(f): 8:07am On Mar 22, 2006
im sure thts what i meant grin
Re: Does God Ever Change? by TYPOP(m): 9:26pm On Mar 23, 2006
God does not change but we get to different moves of His power. The last before the one we are in now was called grace. We are now in the move of his Spirit.

Mal 3:6 For I am the LORD, I change not
Re: Does God Ever Change? by Kuns: 1:07am On Dec 23, 2008
interesting thread

Here goes , Why won't the creator of all just change all the evils of the world by simply waving the same "hand" that he used to create this world and write the 10 commandments with? (Exodus 34:1)

Does God Ever Change?
Re: Does God Ever Change? by Ben13: 11:02am On Dec 23, 2008
He never changes
Re: Does God Ever Change? by Bastage: 1:51pm On Dec 23, 2008
God doesn't change.

Mankind's interpretation of Him is what changes.

Hence the huge difference between the religions and even the contradictions between the Old and New Testaments used by Christianity.
Re: Does God Ever Change? by kolaoloye(m): 1:59pm On Dec 23, 2008
The Almighty God is an unchangeable changer. He is never weary in changing things only that nothing can change him.

(1) (Reply)

Think About It. / Italian Nun Slain In Mogadishu - Asks God To Forgive Her Killers / The Eleven Satanic Rules Of The Earth

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.