Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,153 members, 7,953,580 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 07:42 PM

Nairaland Crippled The Newspaper Industry. - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Nairaland Crippled The Newspaper Industry. (214 Views)

Wednesday,20th January 2021: The Newspaper � Headlines. / Johnbosco Onunkwo Gifts Wheelchair To A Crippled Beggar In Anambra / Mad Man Buys And Reads Newspaper Daily In Uyo (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nairaland Crippled The Newspaper Industry. by MyExpression(m): 1:44pm On Oct 06, 2021
Since the advent of published news, the publishing houses had the right and unwritten licence to publish news.
They were living large, controlling the path of life and society in the human race. They were the monopoly that resisted the transition into the 21st century modus.

Online news took over.

Nairaland was consistent and regulated.

They are the go-to site for news of all sorts...and more.

Kudos NAIRALAND....The Kings of Online Publishing.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Nairaland Crippled The Newspaper Industry. by budaatum: 1:54pm On Oct 06, 2021
Nairaland democratised the news!

Long Live Nairaland! Long Live Seun! Long live Nigeria! Though I wish spambot would just die!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W8r-tXRLazs

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Crippled The Newspaper Industry. by shigishege: 2:27pm On Oct 06, 2021
Kudos to Seun Osewa for creating this forum.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nairaland Crippled The Newspaper Industry. by suffering: 4:05pm On Oct 06, 2021
Nairaland didn’t do shit. Blogs did. Majority of the news here come from online Nigerian dailies trying to meet up with blogs and bloggers themselves. POV articles from Nairaland members are crude and poverty induced.
Re: Nairaland Crippled The Newspaper Industry. by derico(m): 4:05pm On Mar 10, 2023
suffering:
Nairaland didn’t do shit. Blogs did. Majority of the news here come from online Nigerian dailies trying to meet up with blogs and bloggers themselves. POV articles from Nairaland members are crude and poverty induced.

Nairaland started since 2005.

I joined in 2006.
I can tell you for free, that Seun started the movement.

When we begin hear of blogs
Re: Nairaland Crippled The Newspaper Industry. by budaatum: 7:44pm On Mar 10, 2023
derico:

Nairaland started since 2005.

I joined in 2006.
I can tell you for free, that Seun started the movement.

When we begin hear of blogs

There were forums before that. I'd spent years on Nigerians in America before it shut down and I found here.

Golly, forums are from way back in late 80s early 90s, before the days of what became the internet when we used to dial up to bulletin boards, and that was way before Yahoo groups of which there were many Nigerians.

Nairaland evolved from what preexisted it and will someday evolve into what survives it.

(1) (Reply)

Boy Buys Itel Phone As Iphone 12(video) / 90 Shoking!! 90 Live Snakes Removed From A Woman's House / The Macallan Whisky Unveils New Campaign, Assures Consumers Of Luxury Experience

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.