Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,171 members, 7,821,971 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:06 PM

NYSC For Only Middlebelt/Southern Nigerians ?? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NYSC For Only Middlebelt/Southern Nigerians ?? (1400 Views)

2023: Why We Adopted Peter Obi As Our Candidate – Middlebelt Forum / Southern Nigerians Should Look Into This PICTURE / How The Middlebelt Will Vote Next Year (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

NYSC For Only Middlebelt/Southern Nigerians ?? by SonOfThePlateau: 2:23pm On Oct 06, 2021
NYSC FOR ONLY MIDDLEBELT/SOUTHERN NIGERIANS ??

A few months ago, we all received the sad shocking news of five youth corps members who perished on their way to Katsina state from Uyo, Akwa Ibom state. Four of them were natives of Akwa Ibom while the fifth was from Imo state.

Some few years ago, I was posted to serve in Kebbi state and I was residing in Rivers State at that time. I had to spend two days on the road to reach Kebbi state.
On my way, I met with and travelled with many dozens of Southern/Middlebelt Nigerians who were navigating their ways to different parts of the Core-northern region. Some to Sokoto, Zamfara, Katsina, Yobe, Kano, Jigawa e.t.c. Most of them have never gone beyond Abuja in their entire lives.
Luckily for me, I had friends from Kebbi south, and as an Indigene of Plateau state, I could understand Hausa' language, so I got the perfect description to easily navigate my way to the camp at the Fulani dominated town of Dakingari.
Many Southern Nigerians and some people from Benue- Kogi who have no knowledge of Hausa' or any friends from Kebbi state to make inquiries from had to spend 3-4 days just to get to the camp because they have no clue of the region or language and hence some of them were misdirected.
On their arrival, some of them were already sick, others were shabby looking and seriously fatigued.

Now, the idea of NYSC is not such a bad thing in spite of the terrible traveling experience corps members encounter sometimes. This is because NYSC was proposed for greater National integration.
The only problem I have with this scheme is that the corps members of Core-northern (Hausa' fulani Kanuri) origin do not pass through the same experience and rigours that the Middlebelt and Southern Nigerians go through.

I have lived in different cities and towns of Southern Nigeria for so many years and for once, I have never come across any Hausa' fulani or Kanuri muslim youth corps member. Most corps members serving in Southern Nigeria are still Southerners and Middlebelters. Most of my family members, relatives and friends from Plateau state were posted to serve in the South-east and South-South. I am the only one who was posted to the Core-north to serve.

While in the Kebbi state camp, I also noticed that 90% of the corps members there were people from the South and Middlebelt. This was also the same scenario based on the feedback I got from friends who went to other core-northern states for youth service. The whole thing did not just add up.

Now here was what shocked me the most while I was at the Kebbi camp.
There were announcements for those who wished to redeploy. I went to the queue for redeployment and to my greatest surprise, I saw Core-northerners too on the queue. They wanted to redeploy to Kano, Kaduna, Katsina and the most shocking of all, Sokoto state! I couldn't fathom how someone redeploys from Kebbi to Sokoto state. It is just like redeploying from Anambra to Imo or from Ondo to Ekiti.
Kebbi and Sokoto are neighbouring states for God's sake and the distance from the camp to Sokoto city was about two hours. Simply put, these people wanted to do their youth service in their streets or in their father's compound.
Most Southerners do not even think of redeployment if they are posted to states within the South or their geo-political zones. This is in spite of the fact that the journey between some southern states like Lagos to Cross river can take an entire day.

Many Southerners stayed back in Kebbi without redeployment and some did not even go back home on a visit till after the entire service year. Some still stayed back in Kebbi even after service and continued contributing immensely to the state.
This is something that is almost impossible to imagine among the Core-northerners (Hausa' fulani and Kanuri muslims). We regularly hear of corps members all over the country who are awarded for the immense community development projects they embark on. I have hardly come across a typical Core-northern name like ABDULLAHI YUSUF or FATIMA MUSTAPHA attached to such projects. It is either that person is from the South or the Middlebelt part of the country.

It seems almost impossible or unimaginable in Nigeria that a Fulani or Kanuri lady from Jigawa state will graduate from the University and be posted to Arochukwu town in Abia state, Ikirun town in Osun state, Oghara town in Delta state or Ogbadibo town in Benue state where she will reside for One whole year, immerse herself with the natives and the Yoruba, Igbo, Urhobo, Idoma culture, at the same time executing developmental projects in these communities.
However, go to Daura in Katsina state which is a stone throw from Niger republic, you will find Southerners and Middlebelters there doing exactly as described above.
My own uncle from Plateau state was awarded among the best ten corps members by the Enugu state government in 2007 due to the immense developmental projects he carried out while serving in a village in Enugu state.

So, the question now is WHO IS FOOLING WHO in this country of ours?
Now, some may say the Core-northerners are not well represented in the NYSC scheme due to their lower level of tertiary education. This is somewhat true. However, among the over 1 million Nigerians who graduate from tertiary institutions every year, at least 10% (over 100,000) of them are Core-northerners. There are hundreds of thousands of Core northern students across tertiary institutions in the core-north. So, it would still not be a reason good enough.

These are some of the reasons why I, who was formerly a very patriotic Nigerian completely lost hope and faith in this terrible country called Nigeria. This is because I clearly discovered that the existence of Nigeria is based on deception, fraud, lies, manipulation and injustice.

In 2011, dozens of youth corps members were killed across Core-northern states by pro-Buhari mobs when Buhari lost the elections. This was just because they are not of Hausa' fulani extraction and as young patriotic Nigerians they decided to obey and serve their father land in any part of the country.
This case is only but a few among many other terrible experiences Southern and Middlebelt youths have faced while serving in Core-northern states.

If Gbenga, Chioma and Esosa can travel as far as Jibia, Daura or Gashua at the boundary with Niger republic in the semi desert climate for days just to serve a fraudulent Nigeria. Why dont we ever see Zubairu and Zainab using canoes and speed boats to cross the rivers and creeks in order to serve Nigeria in Ilaje, Ogbia or Opobo in Southern Nigeria ??
Yet we will always see names like Alhaji Aminu Abdullahi talking about keeping a UNITED NIGERIA on national television.

If you are from the Middlebelt/Southern Nigeria and you can positively relate to the content of this article, you can kindly search for, like and share this article from the Facebook page (Noah K. Son_Of_The_Plateau).

God bless BIAFRA
God bless ODUDUWA
God bless KWARARAFA (Middlebelt)
God bless the Middlebelt/Southern union.

Written by
Noah K. Son_Of_The_Plateau

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: NYSC For Only Middlebelt/Southern Nigerians ?? by mybiz234: 2:34pm On Oct 06, 2021
Lolz. Just leave mannabbgrills alone. Let him be deceiving himself.

Those in authority in Nigeria are taking taking ethnicity and tribalism to another level; not even NYSC posting is spared. Even Buhari isn't left behind. But mannabbgrills is challenging yorubas and Igbos when they sound ethnic or tribalistic.

The same mannabbgrills will be praising tribalistic Buhari, calling him the best thing after sliced bread. grin

May we not be cursed with confusion in our lives.

9 Likes

Re: NYSC For Only Middlebelt/Southern Nigerians ?? by Nobody: 2:55pm On Oct 06, 2021
I give you salute for this wonderful post.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: NYSC For Only Middlebelt/Southern Nigerians ?? by SniperSmurf(m): 3:20pm On Oct 06, 2021
I've never liked the NYSC scheme. It should be rendered obsolete. This country isn't fair at all!

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: NYSC For Only Middlebelt/Southern Nigerians ?? by slimfit1(m): 3:29pm On Oct 06, 2021
My brother had to travel because of this rubbish NYSC that doesn't make sense anymore I couldn't sleep properly even till this very moment we worry a lot, because life means nothing to these people.

6 Likes

Re: NYSC For Only Middlebelt/Southern Nigerians ?? by LadyExcellency: 3:35pm On Oct 06, 2021
Thank goodness all Middle belters are not blinded by crumbs like Manna griller

4 Likes

Re: NYSC For Only Middlebelt/Southern Nigerians ?? by TooMuchStuff: 3:54pm On Oct 06, 2021
The HausafulaniKanuri Muslims of Nigeria are slightly above the law in NYSC scheme.

Especially their FEMALES.
They're never posted to Christian states of Southern and Middlebelt because dem no wan hear say 'infidels are loving their daughters. Or christians are marrying dem yarinyas

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: NYSC For Only Middlebelt/Southern Nigerians ?? by Taba21: 3:58pm On Oct 06, 2021
SonOfThePlateau:

A few months ago, we all received the sad shocking news of five youth corps members who perished on their way to Katsina state from Uyo, Akwa Ibom state. Four of them were natives of Akwa Ibom while the fifth was from Imo state.

Some few years ago, I was posted to serve in Kebbi state and I was residing in Rivers State at that time. I had to spend two days on the road to reach Kebbi state.
On my way, I met with and travelled with many dozens of Southern/Middlebelt Nigerians who were navigating their ways to different parts of the Core-northern region. Some to Sokoto, Zamfara, Katsina, Yobe, Kano, Jigawa e.t.c. Most of them have never gone beyond Abuja in their entire lives.
Luckily for me, I had friends from Kebbi south, and as an Indigene of Plateau state, I could understand Hausa' language, so I got the perfect description to easily navigate my way to the camp at the Fulani dominated town of Dakingari.
Many Southern Nigerians and some people from Benue- Kogi who have no knowledge of Hausa' or any friends from Kebbi state to make inquiries from had to spend 3-4 days just to get to the camp because they have no clue of the region or language and hence some of them were misdirected.
On their arrival, some of them were already sick, others were shabby looking and seriously fatigued.

Now, the idea of NYSC is not such a bad thing in spite of the terrible traveling experience corps members encounter sometimes. This is because NYSC was proposed for greater National integration.
The only problem I have with this scheme is that the corps members of Core-northern (Hausa' fulani Kanuri) origin do not pass through the same experience and rigours that the Middlebelt and Southern Nigerians go through.

I have lived in different cities and towns of Southern Nigeria for so many years and for once, I have never come across any Hausa' fulani or Kanuri muslim youth corps member. Most corps members serving in Southern Nigeria are still Southerners and Middlebelters. Most of my family members, relatives and friends from Plateau state were posted to serve in the South-east and South-South. I am the only one who was posted to the Core-north to serve.

While in the Kebbi state camp, I also noticed that 90% of the corps members there were people from the South and Middlebelt. This was also the same scenario based on the feedback I got from friends who went to other core-northern states for youth service. The whole thing did not just add up.

There were announcements for those who wished to redeploy. I went to the queue for redeployment and to my greatest surprise, I saw Core-northerners too on the queue. They wanted to redeploy to Kano, Kaduna, Katsina and the most shocking of all, Sokoto state! I couldn't fathom how someone redeploys from Kebbi to Sokoto state. It is just like redeploying from Anambra to Imo or from Ondo to Ekiti.
Kebbi and Sokoto are neighbouring states for God's sake and the distance from the camp to Sokoto city was about two hours. Simply put, these people wanted to do their youth service in their streets or in their father's compound.
Most Southerners do not even think of redeployment if they are posted to states within the South or their geo-political zones. This is in spite of the fact that the journey between some southern states like Lagos to Cross river can take an entire day.

Many Southerners stayed back in Kebbi without redeployment and some did not even go back home on a visit till after the entire service year. Some still stayed back in Kebbi even after service and continued contributing immensely to the state.
This is something that is almost impossible to imagine among the Core-northerners (Hausa' fulani and Kanuri muslims). We regularly hear of corps members all over the country who are awarded for the immense community development projects they embark on. I have hardly come across a typical Core-northern name like ABDULLAHI YUSUF or FATIMA MUSTAPHA attached to such projects. It is either that person is from the South or the Middlebelt part of the country.

It seems almost impossible or unimaginable in Nigeria that a Fulani or Kanuri lady from Jigawa state will graduate from the University and be posted to Arochukwu town in Abia state, Ikirun town in Osun state, Oghara town in Delta state or Ogbadibo town in Benue state where she will reside for One whole year, immerse herself with the natives and the Yoruba, Igbo, Urhobo, Idoma culture, at the same time executing developmental projects in these communities.
However, go to Daura in Katsina state which is a stone throw from Niger republic, you will find Southerners and Middlebelters there doing exactly as described above.
My own uncle from Plateau state was awarded among the best ten corps members by the Enugu state government in 2007 due to the immense developmental projects he carried out while serving in a village in Enugu state.

Now, some may say the Core-northerners are not well represented in the NYSC scheme due to their lower level of tertiary education. This is somewhat true. However, among the over 1 million Nigerians who graduate from tertiary institutions every year, at least 10% (over 100,000) of them are Core-northerners. There are hundreds of thousands of Core northern students across tertiary institutions in the core-north. So, it would still not be a reason good enough.

These are some of the reasons why I, who was formerly a very patriotic Nigerian completely lost hope and faith in this terrible country called Nigeria. This is because I clearly discovered that the existence of Nigeria is based on deception, fraud, lies, manipulation and injustice.

In 2011, dozens of youth corps members were killed across Core-northern states by pro-Buhari mobs when Buhari lost the elections. This was just because they are not of Hausa' fulani extraction and as young patriotic Nigerians they decided to obey and serve their father land in any part of the country.
This case is only but a few among many other terrible experiences Southern and Middlebelt youths have faced while serving in Core-northern states.

If Gbenga, Chioma and Esosa can travel as far as Jibia, Daura or Gashua at the boundary with Niger republic in the semi desert climate for days just to serve a fraudulent Nigeria. Why dont we ever see Zubairu and Zainab using canoes and speed boats to cross the rivers and creeks in order to serve Nigeria in Ilaje, Ogbia or Opobo in Southern Nigeria ??
Yet we will always see names like Alhaji Aminu Abdullahi talking about keeping a UNITED NIGERIA on national television.

If you are from the Middlebelt/Southern Nigeria and you can positively relate to the content of this article, you can kindly search for, like and share this article from the Facebook page (Noah K. Son_Of_The_Plateau).

God bless BIAFRA
God bless ODUDUWA

Written by

God bless the Niger Delta and the North
Re: NYSC For Only Middlebelt/Southern Nigerians ?? by TooMuchStuff: 4:01pm On Oct 06, 2021
Taba21:

God bless Niger Republic and the core North

Fixed

2 Likes

Re: NYSC For Only Middlebelt/Southern Nigerians ?? by dasparrow: 5:18pm On Oct 06, 2021
Excellent article. Well written. I concur.

4 Likes

Re: NYSC For Only Middlebelt/Southern Nigerians ?? by RZArecta(m): 6:23pm On Oct 06, 2021
One Naijeriya cool

2 Likes

Re: NYSC For Only Middlebelt/Southern Nigerians ?? by Danielomisco(m): 6:51pm On Oct 06, 2021
Great Josite! You speak with high intelligence...
You just said it all!!!

4 Likes

Re: NYSC For Only Middlebelt/Southern Nigerians ?? by Zahrudin: 7:19pm On Oct 06, 2021
SonOfThePlateau:

God bless BIAFRA
God bless ODUDUWA

Written by
i served in crossriver yakkur lga. ugep to be precise
Re: NYSC For Only Middlebelt/Southern Nigerians ?? by Nobody: 7:26pm On Oct 06, 2021
TooMuchStuff:
The HausafulaniKanuri Muslims of Nigeria are slightly above the law in NYSC scheme.

Especially their FEMALES.
They're never posted to Christian states of Southern and Middlebelt because dem no wan hear say 'infidels are loving their daughters. Or christians are marrying dem yarinyas

And the funny thing is those yarinyas will gladly jump at marrying a southern Christian if given the chance (without the threat from their gloriously braindead core northern men). I got this from my relationships with them those days.

3 Likes

Re: NYSC For Only Middlebelt/Southern Nigerians ?? by festacman(m): 7:29pm On Oct 06, 2021
This write-up is so powerful. It hits you hard. It exposes the hypocrisy of the present one-Nigeria-mindset.

5 Likes

Re: NYSC For Only Middlebelt/Southern Nigerians ?? by Covidodo: 8:50pm On Oct 06, 2021
SonOfThePlateau:

God bless BIAFRA
God bless ODUDUWA

Written by
Succinctly put.
Nigeria was the greatest mistake of 1914.

The southern leaders are the most useless and hopeless losers in the entire human history right from independence till now.
How come they allow the Core North to get away with so many irregularities with little or no resistance

I've always been politically inclined right from my primary school days . I would listen to press reports in the morning before going to school and also watch the night news on because and NTA.
I used to be drunkenly optimistic about this country. Chai ! What a dummy I was

I've grown and I've seen that Nigeria was built on a quick sand and it can never work no matter how hard we try . The unity of this country is unjustly being sustained by the blood of the innocents.

While in camp in one of the states in the South South, I had the privilege of having access to the demographics of the Corp members.
There was no single Muslim Hausa/Fulani lady in the camp although there were plenty Northern Christians ladies .
There were a few of their men tho but majority of those few applied for relocation which was promptly granted .

So , Southern ladies are good to be sent to the core North but Fulani ladies must serve in the North . They don't want the infidels having anything with their women .
I'm sure this is an official policy of the Hausa/Fulani dominated NYSC cum military leadership.

May God bless Seun for giving us this platform where the hypocrisy of the proponents of one Nigeria can be laid bare .

PS: Don't let anyone decieve you with the lie that they don't go to school in the North .
It's an institutionalised lie to keep enjoying undue privileges .
Who are the majority in BUK, UNIMAID, UDUS, ABU etc.
All these schools churn out thousands of graduates every year too.

3 Likes

Re: NYSC For Only Middlebelt/Southern Nigerians ?? by Nadaken: 9:14pm On Oct 06, 2021
North is cursed

Good to know middle belt people are gradually distancing themselves from that plague

It's the only place you have to downgrade just to fit in from their culture, exposure etc

But when there corpers come south they always have something to upgrade in terms of exposure and civilization

1 Like

Re: NYSC For Only Middlebelt/Southern Nigerians ?? by AntiBMC(m): 10:17pm On Oct 06, 2021
Na mumv dey go NYSC.

1 Like

Re: NYSC For Only Middlebelt/Southern Nigerians ?? by SonOfThePlateau: 7:46am On Oct 07, 2021
Covidodo:

Succinctly put.
Nigeria was the greatest mistake of 1914.

The southern leaders are the most useless and hopeless losers in the entire human history right from independence till now.
How come they allow the Core North to get away with so many irregularities with little or no resistance

I've always been politically inclined right from my primary school days . I would listen to press reports in the morning before going to school and also watch the night news on because and NTA.
I used to be drunkenly optimistic about this country. Chai ! What a dummy I was

I've grown and I've seen that Nigeria was built on a quick sand and it can never work no matter how hard we try . The unity of this country is unjustly being sustained by the blood of the innocents.

While in camp in one of the states in the South South, I had the privilege of having access to the demographics of the Corp members.
There was no single Muslim Hausa/Fulani lady in the camp although there were plenty Northern Christians ladies .
There were a few of their men tho but majority of those few applied for relocation which was promptly granted .

So , Southern ladies are good to be sent to the core North but Fulani ladies must serve in the North . They don't want the infidels having anything with their women .
I'm sure this is an official policy of the Hausa/Fulani dominated NYSC cum military leadership.

May God bless Seun for giving us this platform where the hypocrisy of the proponents of one Nigeria can be laid bare .

PS: Don't let anyone decieve you with the lie that they don't go to school in the North .
It's an institutionalised lie to keep enjoying undue privileges .
Who are the majority in BUK, UNIMAID, UDUS, ABU etc.
All these schools churn out thousands of graduates every year too.

Perfectly put.

If you even check well in most cases, the few muslim northern men you thought were Hausa' fulani could have been from the minority tribes in the north, but being muslims makes them somehow difficult to differentiate from the Hausa' fulani Kanuri.
Re: NYSC For Only Middlebelt/Southern Nigerians ?? by SonOfThePlateau: 7:00pm On Oct 07, 2021
HedwigesMaduro:

And the funny thing is those yarinyas will gladly jump at marrying a southern Christian if given the chance (without the threat from their gloriously braindead core northern men). I got this from my relationships with them those days.

Interesting. I have also heard many people say this.
Re: NYSC For Only Middlebelt/Southern Nigerians ?? by freegaza(m): 7:14pm On Oct 07, 2021
When you don't know your ways and always think in terms of your tribe or region, you will remain like that for the rest of your life

I was posted to Kano for NYSC and didn't like the state after 3 months. A Yoruba guy I met here in nairaland helped and redeployed me to my state of origin in the same North. Continue making noise while people that know how it is done progress and leave you where you are
Re: NYSC For Only Middlebelt/Southern Nigerians ?? by Deeyarh(f): 4:20pm On Mar 13, 2022
SonOfThePlateau:

God bless BIAFRA
God bless ODUDUWA

Written by

Do proper research before making a conclusion

(1) (Reply)

PDP Youth Leader, Sulaiman Contested For Governor At Age 23 (Throwback Pix) / Buhari Is The Worst President In The World / South South Apc Unity List(pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 143
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.