Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,604 members, 7,820,156 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:39 AM

Margorie McCall, Irish Woman Who Lived Once And Buried Twice In The 17th Century - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Margorie McCall, Irish Woman Who Lived Once And Buried Twice In The 17th Century (1318 Views)

I Have Lived in (or Visited) over 30 Countries. Ask Me Almost Anything (+ Pics) / Inside US Supersonic Presidential Jet That Could Fly Twice Speed Of Sound (Pics) / GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Margorie McCall, Irish Woman Who Lived Once And Buried Twice In The 17th Century by Explorers(m): 11:22pm On Oct 06, 2021
According to local historian Jim Conway, the 1700s was a time of terrible famine.

Margorie, among other Irish men, women, and children, suffered the ugly circumstances Ireland was going through that period.

She got sick many times, until one day, her sickness was the last time.

Margorie McCall was announced dead due to a mysterious fever.

To make sure the rest of the village don’t catch the same illness, her husband, children, family and friends buried her quickly with a heavy heart.

Soon after she was laid to rest, words went out that the she buried with a precious ring in her middle finger that’s worth a fortune.

After her rushed funeral, grave robbers sneaked into the graveyard in Lurgan to steal the ring from the dead woman’s corpse.

They tried to force the ring out of Marjorie’s finger, but the rigor finger wouldn’t allow them to pull the ring quickly.

Without being able to remove the ring, they decided to cut off her finger.

Soon as they cut off the finger and blood appeared, Margorie woke up from coma in which she fell during the day, sat in a coffin and screamed out for help in agony.

According to research, two of the robbers died on the spot due to a heart attack of the hideous scene they just witnessed while others that escaped fled without looking back.

Margorie managed to get out of the coffin and went home.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-northern-ireland-46026619

1 Like

Re: Margorie McCall, Irish Woman Who Lived Once And Buried Twice In The 17th Century by Explorers(m): 11:23pm On Oct 06, 2021
John McCall, Margorie's husband, was home with children comforting them over dinner when he heard a knock on the door.

The man said to the children: ′′ If your mother was still alive, I would swear it was her knock".

After opening the door, he saw Marjorie in her funeral clothes, with blood drippings

The man fell and died of shock .

The husband was buried in the same coffin used for the wife.

Margorie lived many more years, married again and had children.

When she finally died, she was buried in the same original grave earlier done for her, Shankill (Lurgan, Ireland).

Her tombstone has been preserved.

The stone says: ′′Once upon a time, buried twice ".

1 Share

Re: Margorie McCall, Irish Woman Who Lived Once And Buried Twice In The 17th Century by Explorers(m): 11:26pm On Oct 06, 2021
Present state.

Re: Margorie McCall, Irish Woman Who Lived Once And Buried Twice In The 17th Century by starbuck(f): 11:42pm On Oct 06, 2021
I hope the north learns from this because i believe they must have buried thousands of their tribes that were in coma all in the name of religion

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Margorie McCall, Irish Woman Who Lived Once And Buried Twice In The 17th Century by David2221(m): 11:45pm On Oct 06, 2021
Damn niggar!

Unbelievable!
Re: Margorie McCall, Irish Woman Who Lived Once And Buried Twice In The 17th Century by Ever8090: 11:47pm On Oct 06, 2021
If the story is true,.it must be. Very interesting event in her life and that of her family, but if it is not true...
Re: Margorie McCall, Irish Woman Who Lived Once And Buried Twice In The 17th Century by chatinent: 11:51pm On Oct 06, 2021
What's the need?

Makes no sense.
Re: Margorie McCall, Irish Woman Who Lived Once And Buried Twice In The 17th Century by Dboy55(m): 12:02am On Oct 07, 2021
Wow,I found this intriguing .
Re: Margorie McCall, Irish Woman Who Lived Once And Buried Twice In The 17th Century by tillaman(m): 7:03am On Oct 07, 2021
Hmmm

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Margorie McCall, Irish Woman Who Lived Once And Buried Twice In The 17th Century by decatalyst(m): 7:12am On Oct 07, 2021
Ah @explorer this one loud ooo

She came back to claim 3 lives.

Shey una dey read now? When this movie producers and script writers do a movie, we often say it's fictional.

Many things have happened, many unknown and many will still happen sha. Accept Jesus as your personal Lord and savior.

Re: Margorie McCall, Irish Woman Who Lived Once And Buried Twice In The 17th Century by Omakraid(f): 7:34am On Oct 07, 2021
Hmmmnnnnn
Re: Margorie McCall, Irish Woman Who Lived Once And Buried Twice In The 17th Century by chariisGRACE(m): 7:46am On Oct 07, 2021
I never knew Oritse Femi knew about McCall when he said Double wahala for dedi body

Re: Margorie McCall, Irish Woman Who Lived Once And Buried Twice In The 17th Century by hahn(m): 7:53am On Oct 07, 2021
chariisGRACE:
I never knew Oritse Femi knew about McCall when he said Double wahala for dedi body

Fela was the first person to sing "double wahala for dead body" undecided

3 Likes

Re: Margorie McCall, Irish Woman Who Lived Once And Buried Twice In The 17th Century by Lagusta(m): 8:45am On Oct 07, 2021
wahala be like zombie sad
Re: Margorie McCall, Irish Woman Who Lived Once And Buried Twice In The 17th Century by Solidkay(m): 8:57am On Oct 07, 2021
It's the husband's death that got me,
Even after his death, the wife lived more yrs and even remarried and had children.
Moral of the story,
No kill yourself because of any woman, if you die, nah you lose.

4 Likes

Re: Margorie McCall, Irish Woman Who Lived Once And Buried Twice In The 17th Century by VintageCocktail(m): 11:01am On Oct 07, 2021
Solidkay:
It's the husband's death that got me,
Even after his death, the wife lived more yrs and even remarried and had children.
Moral of the story,
No kill yourself because of any woman, if you die, nah you lose.
grin ;Dthis your moral of story sef. grin

He didn't kill himself for her, boss. He died of heart attack out of shock

3 Likes

Re: Margorie McCall, Irish Woman Who Lived Once And Buried Twice In The 17th Century by Bodydiialect57: 11:24am On Oct 07, 2021
Soon as they cut off the finger and blood appeared, Margorie woke up from coma in which she fell during the day, sat in a coffin and screamed out for help in agony.

Hmm.

All things worked together for good.
The robbers did what the doctor could have done before the rushed burial only that the reward sent them to the grave.
Re: Margorie McCall, Irish Woman Who Lived Once And Buried Twice In The 17th Century by Oloniyan(m): 1:09pm On Oct 07, 2021
No dey reason women matter like that.....imagine say na her shock kill her husband o and she still remarried. chaiiii
Re: Margorie McCall, Irish Woman Who Lived Once And Buried Twice In The 17th Century by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 7:51pm On Oct 07, 2021
[lol

Can u imagine?

The story is just a folktale, not true

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Man, CHIEDOZIE AMADI Hits American Woman With Car, Beat Her To Death / People Talked About What Surprised Them When They Moved Abroad / Need Dubai Visa Info

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.