Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,180 members, 7,818,563 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:51 PM

How Far Has Reekado Banks Gone Since His Mavin Records Departure? - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / How Far Has Reekado Banks Gone Since His Mavin Records Departure? (33729 Views)

Iyanya: Why I Left Don Jazzy’s Mavin Records / Korede Bello Leaves Mavin Records Quietly? / Crack In Iyanya And Don Jazzy's Mavin Records Relationship One Year After (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Far Has Reekado Banks Gone Since His Mavin Records Departure? by The5DME(m): 2:37pm On Oct 07, 2021
N

1 Like

Re: How Far Has Reekado Banks Gone Since His Mavin Records Departure? by DonBenny77(m): 2:37pm On Oct 07, 2021
Reeky bleeped up, label that gave you edge over lil Kesh and won you next rated when we all know you are mediocre and kesh is more talented ... .
You don't walk away and expect to be successful
His career is over

6 Likes

Re: How Far Has Reekado Banks Gone Since His Mavin Records Departure? by Connected1: 2:39pm On Oct 07, 2021
It's not about the record label bro.

Some people have short term fame and there's nothing you can do about it.

Others whom didn't left are also no longer in the spotlight.

If he strategizes properly, he will bounce back again.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Far Has Reekado Banks Gone Since His Mavin Records Departure? by adioolayi(m): 2:41pm On Oct 07, 2021
Faller:

Phyno was Never in YBNL

una Don start again

You can't remove YBNL from Phyno's history... officially signed or not...He was with YBNL

3 Likes

Re: How Far Has Reekado Banks Gone Since His Mavin Records Departure? by valentineuwakwe(m): 2:45pm On Oct 07, 2021
Its left for him to rate himself and come to a conclusion.......
Re: How Far Has Reekado Banks Gone Since His Mavin Records Departure? by GeneralPula: 2:46pm On Oct 07, 2021
adioolayi:
It's not been so easy for artists that left Marvin or YBNL records..few exceptions ....Tiwa, Adekunle Gold and Phyno

Phyno was never in YBNL..

Tho Olamide sold him to the western market..

7 Likes

Re: How Far Has Reekado Banks Gone Since His Mavin Records Departure? by ofiko123(m): 2:47pm On Oct 07, 2021
JAMB Question..
Re: How Far Has Reekado Banks Gone Since His Mavin Records Departure? by Beverages: 2:48pm On Oct 07, 2021
adioolayi:

You can't remove YBNL from Phyno's history... officially signed or not...He was with YBNL

You're not far from the truth

6 Likes

Re: How Far Has Reekado Banks Gone Since His Mavin Records Departure? by achillesfoot(m): 2:49pm On Oct 07, 2021
Pravedk:
People don't understand that so much goes into the business of music. If it's just talent anyone can blow.

Some artist leave good labels simply because of greed. They think the record labels do not deserve the percentage they earn from the music and shows the artist are putting out.

Yes, some record label can be wicked, but a lot goes into it. They arrange your producers, push your music, do deals for you and some of them know the right persons because they have been in the industry for long. Imagine you want to perform in a big show- Don jazzy can arrange that with just a call. Some artist simply don't get it. Until you have the right connections, have become really big and have built a solid structure. Leaving a good record label is not a good idea.

You may think they are eating too much from you, but what you may make on your own without them may be less than what you get after they have removed their cut.

Do ur due diligence in life b4 u sack your boss.
Bro it's music business as you said because there's the music and then there's the business... Shalom.

3 Likes

Re: How Far Has Reekado Banks Gone Since His Mavin Records Departure? by benqo01(m): 2:50pm On Oct 07, 2021
One thing most Nigerian artiste don't understand is you can't do everything on your own,most of this artiste ain't loyal and secondly another major problem is greed.

Record label no be beans,most people think it is easy u wan chop all d money alone but truth is it isn't done that way.

Reekado bank can even have his own record label under Don jazzy,all don jazzy gat to do is to promote d music underground it has become a partnership and business thing.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Far Has Reekado Banks Gone Since His Mavin Records Departure? by Joshuazedd(m): 2:51pm On Oct 07, 2021
He's not that a popular figure but that guy has dropped many hits since he left Marvin

1 Like

Re: How Far Has Reekado Banks Gone Since His Mavin Records Departure? by MANNABBQGRILLS: 2:54pm On Oct 07, 2021
Rora on repeat all over and over again.........

This song is just too sweet mehn.....
We dey always chop am like Barbecue wink
On repeat everyday @DemMANNA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OC93pNSrRP8

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Far Has Reekado Banks Gone Since His Mavin Records Departure? by Starzo: 2:57pm On Oct 07, 2021
DonBenny77:
Reeky bleeped up, label that gave you edge over lil Kesh and won you next rated when we all know you are mediocre and kesh is more talented ... .
You don't walk away and expect to be successful
His career is over
Is the lil kesh more successful than him today?

6 Likes

Re: How Far Has Reekado Banks Gone Since His Mavin Records Departure? by aAK1(m): 3:00pm On Oct 07, 2021
adioolayi:
It's not been so easy for artists that left Marvin or YBNL records..few exceptions ....Tiwa, Adekunle Gold and Phyno
even this few are still in working relationships with the labels
Re: How Far Has Reekado Banks Gone Since His Mavin Records Departure? by lastchild: 3:01pm On Oct 07, 2021
in Nigerian music industry, leaving your label favors only few, these artists refused to learn

1 Like

Re: How Far Has Reekado Banks Gone Since His Mavin Records Departure? by TUBLEZ(m): 3:02pm On Oct 07, 2021
But korode bello, dija, Dr sid,dna twins,crayon are all still in mavin without any impact while some artiste like kizz Daniel,tiwa savage,adekunle gold,skibi, lax ,simi are doing well after existing from thr labels

6 Likes

Re: How Far Has Reekado Banks Gone Since His Mavin Records Departure? by Bfss: 3:05pm On Oct 07, 2021
Not far
Re: How Far Has Reekado Banks Gone Since His Mavin Records Departure? by bahdpersona(m): 3:07pm On Oct 07, 2021
surviving after leaving their record label boss is not easy... You have to be consistent, dish out good music while collaborating with big artistes

1 Like

Re: How Far Has Reekado Banks Gone Since His Mavin Records Departure? by Kennyking1234: 3:09pm On Oct 07, 2021
The E Myth
Book by Michael E. Gerber
talk2hb1:

Here is my wisdomic Thought to Every Human Activities, we have the technical part and the business part.

The Technical know how is understanding the engineering part of it, the ability to analyze and meddle into full understanding of the subject matter (Expertise in a nutshell).

While The Business aspect is the sales and marketing, the abilities to convert the technical know how to value to end users but a good metric is cash.
Mostly those of us on the technical part of the fence think that's all, we really get carried away and most often get arrogant with it (I myself can be found guilty too)
Alas we need both skills and only few of us will ever pivot to the business part, without losing focus of the technical part, or better still find a befitting partner to form synergy where everyone wins. Although easier said than done.
Blame No one, sometimes you are better of on your own than being in a toxic relationship. At least we need sink a ship that takes us nowhere.

1 Like

Re: How Far Has Reekado Banks Gone Since His Mavin Records Departure? by Kennyking1234: 3:12pm On Oct 07, 2021
how can i order your bbq
post=106529241:
Rora on repeat all over and over again.........

This song is just too sweet mehn.....
We dey always chop am like Barbecue wink
On repeat everyday @DemMANNA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OC93pNSrRP8

2 Likes

Re: How Far Has Reekado Banks Gone Since His Mavin Records Departure? by sureinfo: 3:16pm On Oct 07, 2021
TBH I didn't even know he had left, that's answers my question of where he had been all these while
Re: How Far Has Reekado Banks Gone Since His Mavin Records Departure? by Themandator: 3:16pm On Oct 07, 2021
Kiddogarcia:
Bro he lost it, even those who stayed behind also lost it,korede Bello,dija, DNA twins,Dr sid, dprince. He did not evolve on time, but na agbo me I wan sell

I don't know if all the guys are still with Mavin..... Dija is not and the DNA guys have a program they anchor on one of the DStv channels

Dpeince owns rema
Sid is the vice president of Mavin group

1 Like

Re: How Far Has Reekado Banks Gone Since His Mavin Records Departure? by Nobody: 3:18pm On Oct 07, 2021
When I made my first demo I can never forget entered bus to Agege with my nigga c flow my first time …even to a studio to do a demo so roof too mcs could play it on eko fm.

People called in and I was like wow but the. Going to studious I realized producers may become a bit resentful because the inspiration is coming from you. I setup my own and that’s why less features more inspiration I love to work with artists but I’ve built my shit on my own so no one could take the glory from the person grinding to get it out

I had never been a studio before and some tracks I did happen to return to studios but fell back again just always used to using laptop and that microphone or home studio. I don’t want to beg anyone for my own work and I don’t know what kind of situation they had but those led to today days that didn’t even have a mic filter. A lot of artists don’t get to know their true power in the industry they may not like you but they need you.

Be fresh always show up to Pari Ise. Artists so used to wanting it so badly that when you get it it’s like what next? Live your Art

Appreciate the people who support you as small or large as they may be. Started Facebook with 0 friends, Twitter with 0 followers and a few trains later a relationship made me delete it. I wish I didn’t but starting over I realized having a true friend is priceless because they will be there throughout my producers are my friends, my family members are my friends. My fans are my friends.

I would pay what I owe my friend and vice versa your options never expire

3 Likes

Re: How Far Has Reekado Banks Gone Since His Mavin Records Departure? by DonBenny77(m): 3:18pm On Oct 07, 2021
Starzo:

Is the lil kesh more successful than him today?
you don't get the point, kesh also left YBNL
Mavin gave him an edge then, kesh was obviously hotter than him if you can remember the brouhaha that made Don Jazzy say" egbor Olamide if you want the car come and collect it"
Without mavin Reeky wouldn't have won that "next rated" kesh deserved it more

3 Likes

Re: How Far Has Reekado Banks Gone Since His Mavin Records Departure? by Kiddogarcia(m): 3:22pm On Oct 07, 2021
Themandator:

I don't know if all the guys are still with Mavin..... Dija is not and the DNA guys have a program they anchor on one of the DStv channels

Dpeince owns rema
Sid is the vice president of Mavin group
they all left low-key after losing it

1 Like

Re: How Far Has Reekado Banks Gone Since His Mavin Records Departure? by EmmyOD(m): 4:07pm On Oct 07, 2021
Re: How Far Has Reekado Banks Gone Since His Mavin Records Departure? by Megatrix: 4:24pm On Oct 07, 2021
Maxymilliano:

Billboard World Chart you say
It's true, spotlight hit number 10 on what was called the Billboard world chart then or the global 200 now. CKay's album is currently number 4 on that same chart now. I don't know why you all always down grade our artistes and never believe when they achieve great things.

1 Like

Re: How Far Has Reekado Banks Gone Since His Mavin Records Departure? by geemd434: 4:26pm On Oct 07, 2021
Pravedk:
People don't understand that so much goes into the business of music. If it's just talent anyone can blow.

Some artist leave good labels simply because of greed. They think the record labels do not deserve the percentage they earn from the music and shows the artist are putting out.

Yes, some record label can be wicked, but a lot goes into it. They arrange your producers, push your music, do deals for you and some of them know the right persons because they have been in the industry for long. Imagine you want to perform in a big show- Don jazzy can arrange that with just a call. Some artist simply don't get it. Until you have the right connections, have become really big and have built a solid structure. Leaving a good record label is not a good idea.

You may think they are eating too much from you, but what you may make on your own without them may be less than what you get after they have removed their cut.

Do ur due diligence in life b4 u sack your boss.

What of Dr Sid we nor gree comot
Re: How Far Has Reekado Banks Gone Since His Mavin Records Departure? by inumidun2010(m): 4:28pm On Oct 07, 2021
achillesfoot:
Bro it's music business as you said because there's the music and then there's the business... Shalom.

OLAMIDE STUDIED MUSIC BUSINESS as a PROFESSIONAL COURSE In SOUTH AFRICA...
Re: How Far Has Reekado Banks Gone Since His Mavin Records Departure? by Megatrix: 4:35pm On Oct 07, 2021
adioolayi:
Phyno was never signed to YBNL, His record label is Penthauze.

1 Like

Re: How Far Has Reekado Banks Gone Since His Mavin Records Departure? by Caseless: 4:39pm On Oct 07, 2021
MusicGNG:
This guy dropped one song with Wizkid during End Sars sha.. End SARS no let the song blow grin
Wizkid was too arrogant to attack Reekado in that manner. I think that was why many people streamed that song more.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Tiwa Savage Slays In Hollywood (Photos) / Ebube Nwagbo: "I Paid A Visit To Vanguard Rocking These Lovely Pants" / Comedienne Princess Weds At Ikoyi Registry (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.