Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,826 members, 7,820,906 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:46 AM

Only Olu Of Warri Gives, Withdraws Chieftaincy Titles —itsekiri Leaders - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Only Olu Of Warri Gives, Withdraws Chieftaincy Titles —itsekiri Leaders (771 Views)

Itsekiri Leaders Accuse INEC Of Disrespect For Court Judgment / Yoruba Apex Group Strips Obasanjo Of All Chieftaincy Titles / Chevron’s $6m Is Causing Problem Among Itsekiri Leaders (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Only Olu Of Warri Gives, Withdraws Chieftaincy Titles —itsekiri Leaders by Newsleisure: 9:18am On Oct 07, 2021
NOTABLE Itsekiri Leaders, yesterday, backed the recent abolition of the Ologbotsere title in Warri kingdom by the Olu of Warri, Ogiame Atuwatse III, saying only the Olu of Warri gives and withdraws Chieftaincy titles.

The Chairman, Warri Council of Chiefs and Iyatsere of the kingdom, Chief Johnson Amatserunleghe and other prominent chiefs, who spoke to the  Vanguard, said there was jubilation across Warri kingdom over the pronouncement.

Amatserunleghe said; “The title, Ologbotsere, belongs to the king. So, it is with all the Chieftaincy titles in Warri kingdom. The Olu of Warri has the right to give and withdraw.

“For the Itsekiri it is a good step. You saw the jubilation in Warri kingdom yesterday. Since the monarch has made the pronouncement it stands.

“The title is not Ayiri’s title. The Ologbotsere descendants have no problem with the monarch or Itsekiri nation. So, it is a good development. For now, the position of Ologbotsere is cancelled.”

Also backing the Olu, the Uwangwe of the kingdom, Chief Gabriel Awala said; “When the king makes a pronouncement it is so.

“You saw jubilation around the town after the pronouncement yesterday. The King has all the titles and he gives and withdraws.”

Also, former Minister of State for Defence, Chief Roland Oritsejafor said; “The Olu has the powers, he chooses Chiefs to work with. Nobody questions that. Again the Ologbotsere family was there when the pronouncement was made. Nothing was done in secret.”

On his part, the immediate past Regent of the kingdom, Prince Emmanuel Okotie-Eboh, said the Itsekiri have high regard for their king, adding that with the pronouncement on the title of Ologbotsere, nobody can parade himself as holder of the title.

Okotie-Eboh said; “Itsekiri people respect their king. This is not politics, this is a traditional matter.

“The Itsekiri nation protested when Ayiri was nominated for the position of Ologbotsere but after the former king gave him the title, everybody accepted it.

“Nobody opposed the king after he did because we respect the king. It is only a sitting king that gives and takes back titles. We respect the throne.

“A pronouncement has been made and the Itsekiri people are all happy.”

Similarly, Secretary Ginuwa I Ruling House, Prince Isaac Dorsu supported the monarch’s decision.

He said only the Head of Ologbotsere House, Pa Jofotan Oporokunn, can convene a meeting of the Ologbotsere House.

Dorsu said; “We  all celebrating the pronouncement yesterday. Well, you all know when Ayiri did not do what he should have done he had to be suspended by the Ginuwa I Ruling House and the Council of Chiefs.

“We are happy with the decision. The monarch has spoken. Even the Ologbotsere family where I belong, we are all happy.”.

An Itsekiri activist, Amechi Ogbitse Ogbonnia, who hailed the pronouncement of the monarch, said: “Today, the title Ologbotsere does not exist.

“If Ayiri parades himself as Ologbotsere, he will be disgraced.”

Source: Vanguard News
www.newsleisure.com
Re: Only Olu Of Warri Gives, Withdraws Chieftaincy Titles —itsekiri Leaders by nairavsdollars(f): 9:23am On Oct 07, 2021
Ayiri has vowed to remove the Olu of Warri
Re: Only Olu Of Warri Gives, Withdraws Chieftaincy Titles —itsekiri Leaders by roundman: 9:34am On Oct 07, 2021
nairavsdollars:
Ayiri has vowed to remove the Olu of Warri
Ayiri na prodigal son.
Re: Only Olu Of Warri Gives, Withdraws Chieftaincy Titles —itsekiri Leaders by MuchAdo: 9:36am On Oct 07, 2021
Ok
Re: Only Olu Of Warri Gives, Withdraws Chieftaincy Titles —itsekiri Leaders by ChangetheChange: 9:49am On Oct 07, 2021
Ayiri will soon be banished from Warri Kingdom.

He is also at loggerheads with his godfather and benefactor James Ibori and others who brought him to limelight in Delta State.
Ayiri now feels, he is a god to be reckoned with in Delta State politics
Re: Only Olu Of Warri Gives, Withdraws Chieftaincy Titles —itsekiri Leaders by skywalker240(m): 9:52am On Oct 07, 2021
In patorankings voice, Ayiri na my guy. grin

1 Like

Re: Only Olu Of Warri Gives, Withdraws Chieftaincy Titles —itsekiri Leaders by Maxymilliano(m): 9:55am On Oct 07, 2021
Ayiri is a goner, he will soon be declared a persona non grata
Re: Only Olu Of Warri Gives, Withdraws Chieftaincy Titles —itsekiri Leaders by Blackfire(m): 10:17am On Oct 07, 2021
Yoruba people and there wahala... can't they live in peace in foreign land??
Re: Only Olu Of Warri Gives, Withdraws Chieftaincy Titles —itsekiri Leaders by nairavsdollars(f): 10:27am On Oct 07, 2021
Loggerheads with Ibori??. Who born him papa well? Him wan die??
ChangetheChange:

He is also at loggerheads with his godfather and benefactor James Ibori and others who brought him to limelight in Delta State.
Re: Only Olu Of Warri Gives, Withdraws Chieftaincy Titles —itsekiri Leaders by Danjikanbauchi: 10:58am On Oct 07, 2021
If I am to be Ayiri will just go and prostrate on the ground floor for the king and beg him for mercy of he forgives me I will go back to my house and avoid embarrassment.
Re: Only Olu Of Warri Gives, Withdraws Chieftaincy Titles —itsekiri Leaders by oluwadabira111(m): 11:02am On Oct 07, 2021
ChangetheChange:

Ayiri dey mad if he dares collide with the godfather himself

(1) (Reply)

I Am Very Happy To See Mazi Nnamdi Kanu / Sunni Muslims Should Rise Up Against The Evil Ideology Of Wahhabism / Kano Political Mishap Threatens Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.