Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,066 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:55 AM

Fallen 100-Year-Old Tree In Oyo Rises Again, Pulls Crowd (Pictures) - Culture (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Fallen 100-Year-Old Tree In Oyo Rises Again, Pulls Crowd (Pictures) (70285 Views)

VIDEO: ‘odan’ Fallen Tree Killing Four People In Oyo Rises Again Mysteriously / #OjudeOba Ogun: Masquerade Danafojura On Fire, Pulls Shadrach, Meshach, Abednego / Ghanaian Stunt Man Rises After An Epic Shameful Fall (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fallen 100-Year-Old Tree In Oyo Rises Again, Pulls Crowd (Pictures) by Mcreloaded(m): 8:03pm On Oct 07, 2021
Transporters who own busses and Keke with taxis will be very happy to continue using there for shade.
Re: Fallen 100-Year-Old Tree In Oyo Rises Again, Pulls Crowd (Pictures) by Bamzyriches451: 8:27pm On Oct 07, 2021
Unbelievable
Re: Fallen 100-Year-Old Tree In Oyo Rises Again, Pulls Crowd (Pictures) by SenorFax(m): 8:49pm On Oct 07, 2021
CXLVII:

Are you a science student?

The major weight of a tee is it’s trunk.

Branches and stem? Smh….
I thought the guy was smart until I read where he wrote the tree was returned to its formal position by root, within 2 days.........the guy no near any science class for him life for even once
Re: Fallen 100-Year-Old Tree In Oyo Rises Again, Pulls Crowd (Pictures) by taiwopapaya(m): 9:04pm On Oct 07, 2021
its possible, I have witness the incident before in 25 year back at odeda , Ogun state. à tree that have been cut into 3 places. within 6 hour everything join together as before.
Re: Fallen 100-Year-Old Tree In Oyo Rises Again, Pulls Crowd (Pictures) by FourElements: 10:15pm On Oct 07, 2021
benuejosh:
Trust some people to start worshipping it claiming it is a god. How can a fallen tree rise up again?
After seeing the pictures, you should answer your own question.
Re: Fallen 100-Year-Old Tree In Oyo Rises Again, Pulls Crowd (Pictures) by FourElements: 10:20pm On Oct 07, 2021
oluwaseyi0:
Major proportion of a tree's weight comes from it's branches and trunk, Since all that has been cut out it can easily stand on its stem since it was not completely uprooted, it was just washed by erosion some of its roots are still deeply rooted
Rubbish and shallow logic!
Re: Fallen 100-Year-Old Tree In Oyo Rises Again, Pulls Crowd (Pictures) by bola4dprec(m): 10:34pm On Oct 07, 2021
RapistOnBail:

What’s wrong with domiciliary accounts in Nigeria?

I’m yet to receive funds transferred into my account since last week.

This country is going down oh!

It will pass through some process between 7 to 14 days is not a new thing
Re: Fallen 100-Year-Old Tree In Oyo Rises Again, Pulls Crowd (Pictures) by FourElements: 10:38pm On Oct 07, 2021
Georgejeez:
Simple ,it fell , the roots were still attached to the ground, the branches were chopped off making the root heavier than the branches section ,so the roots positioned again in the ground thereby making the horizontal stem vertical and upright.

It's pure physics , common sense and logic no Sango influence bullcrap
false physics logic.
Have you seen a big tree fall?
Did you notice the size of stump protruding above the ground after such fall?
Have you considered massive gravitational pull on the very heavy stem that tends to keep it lying on it's sides?
Your own logic tells you that the humongous stem and stump of the tree will move that distance and position itself back fully errect naturally in less than 24 hours? Haba!
Re: Fallen 100-Year-Old Tree In Oyo Rises Again, Pulls Crowd (Pictures) by Rexymania(m): 11:15pm On Oct 07, 2021
That tree fell bcus someone was holding an item that belongs to that diety (Shongo) and he had to retrieve it using the help of his tree. Bcus careful of what you carry, it may belong to a diety.
Re: Fallen 100-Year-Old Tree In Oyo Rises Again, Pulls Crowd (Pictures) by abbaashiru(m): 11:43pm On Oct 07, 2021
FalseProphet1:
That's an iroko tree, meetings do go on in that tree, in fact there are houses, Rivers, cars...etc in there, the tree was stuck by lightning from heaven that's why it fell down flat like the walls of Jericho.

This I have seen.
Abeg Getat
Re: Fallen 100-Year-Old Tree In Oyo Rises Again, Pulls Crowd (Pictures) by ajl: 11:48pm On Oct 07, 2021
oluwaseyi0:
Major proportion of a tree's weight comes from it's branches and trunk, Since all that has been cut out it can easily stand on its stem since it was not completely uprooted, it was just washed by erosion some of its roots are still deeply rooted

You are not making sense.
Re: Fallen 100-Year-Old Tree In Oyo Rises Again, Pulls Crowd (Pictures) by ajl: 11:58pm On Oct 07, 2021
Georgejeez:
Simple ,it fell , the roots were still attached to the ground, the branches were chopped off making the root heavier than the branches section ,so the roots positioned again in the ground thereby making the horizontal stem vertical and upright.

It's pure physics , common sense and logic no Sango influence bullcrap

Your explanation could have been valid if there are scientific explanation. To validate it, I think it's likely due to turgor pressure in the roots or parts of the part attached to the ground. Turgur pressure is due to osmotic forces within plants that allow movement of water within the plant or tree. It is turgur pressure that allow plants to stay upright. A plant or tree that lost turgor pressure cannot stand upright, while one that has enough turgur pressure will stay upright. I believe the tree was struck by lightening which likely caused it to lose some moisture. But the lightening wasn't extensive.
Re: Fallen 100-Year-Old Tree In Oyo Rises Again, Pulls Crowd (Pictures) by ajl: 12:03am On Oct 08, 2021
I think it's likely due to turgor pressure in the roots or parts of the part attached to the ground. Turgur pressure is due to osmotic forces within plants that allow movement of water within the plant or tree. It is turgur pressure that allow plants to stay upright. A plant or tree that lost turgor pressure cannot stand upright, while one that has enough turgur pressure will stay upright. I believe the tree was struck by lightening which likely caused it to lose some moisture and thus lost the ability to stay upright temporarily. However, the increase in water pressure due to water movement from the roots increase turgur pressure,, thus causing the tree to rise up agaih. But the lightening wasn't too extensive or else it could gave lay "dead".

Re: Fallen 100-Year-Old Tree In Oyo Rises Again, Pulls Crowd (Pictures) by Hassanmaye(m): 12:06am On Oct 08, 2021
iamyemiakins:
It will be nice if Naira can rise like this...
[img]https://c./f-B1RuCGx_sAAAAC/mr-ibu-nigerian.gif[/img]
Hahahhahahaha please my stomach
Re: Fallen 100-Year-Old Tree In Oyo Rises Again, Pulls Crowd (Pictures) by ajl: 12:49am On Oct 08, 2021
Nothing new under the sun, people always say. We just have to do more research before jumping to conclusion. A newstory in UK captured a similar incident. Read here... But the difference is that it took the UK tree about two months to stand upright again. People there were equally mystified.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2572323/Mystery-40ft-fir-fell-storms-stands-upright-again.html

1 Like

Re: Fallen 100-Year-Old Tree In Oyo Rises Again, Pulls Crowd (Pictures) by remsonik(f): 2:57am On Oct 08, 2021
israelolugbemi:
I can't stop laughing. This is simple Physics.

The actions of cutting the branches by the loggers simply altered the weight distribution of the tree until it got to a point where the base is considerably heavier than the top and remaining branches hence causing the three to sit back in the whole.

it is just like fixing a spring to the ground then using your hand to bend the top, it will return to its original position after the external force has been removed.

note: the tree wasn't blown away it fell..... the root leaving the ground made a huge whole on the ground upon which the root of the tree rests (on its edge). when weight distribution is altered by cutting the branches, the tree simply sits back in the hole.

the base of the tree was the pivot

Ori e pe jare. This is my town where I grew up in. There are a lot of trees of centuries here and many won't believe it's the weight reduction that made it rise up again. Very soon that point in Sabo will be turned into a place of traditional worship instead of worshipping God the creator of the universe. Orisa ni won a ma lo bori bole fun
Re: Fallen 100-Year-Old Tree In Oyo Rises Again, Pulls Crowd (Pictures) by Gospel2Day: 3:55am On Oct 08, 2021
benuejosh:
Trust some people to start worshipping it claiming it is a god. How can a fallen tree rise up again?
They will worship a tree that rose up again, but won't worship Jesus that rose up again from the grave. Gullible generation.
Re: Fallen 100-Year-Old Tree In Oyo Rises Again, Pulls Crowd (Pictures) by Speaklove: 5:33am On Oct 08, 2021
oluwaseyi0:
It looked like you're trying to maneuver away from the fact that it's could only be by supernatural means that the tree rose again.
So you're trying to bring in some scientific explanation just to make its raising seem natural and unmysterious.

Whether you agree or not there are things beyond human comprehension or scientific explanation.
There are situation beyond human intellectualism or philosophies.

There is a physical psychological and spiritual realm, all of these are not the same
Re: Fallen 100-Year-Old Tree In Oyo Rises Again, Pulls Crowd (Pictures) by Write4me(m): 5:55am On Oct 08, 2021
RapistOnBail:

What’s wrong with domiciliary accounts in Nigeria?

I’m yet to receive funds transferred into my account since last week.

This country is going down oh!

Collect cryto...
Re: Fallen 100-Year-Old Tree In Oyo Rises Again, Pulls Crowd (Pictures) by RapistOnBail: 6:09am On Oct 08, 2021
bola4dprec:

It will pass through some process between 7 to 14 days is not a new thing
I usually get mine in 3 days
Re: Fallen 100-Year-Old Tree In Oyo Rises Again, Pulls Crowd (Pictures) by Eze2000(m): 8:03am On Oct 08, 2021
RapistOnBail:
Ok. Was it wire transfer u did ?

No. Wire transfer is different and comes with its own issues.

Your problem is not dorm account
Re: Fallen 100-Year-Old Tree In Oyo Rises Again, Pulls Crowd (Pictures) by RapistOnBail: 9:42am On Oct 08, 2021
Eze2000:

No. Wire transfer is different and comes with its own issues.

Your problem is not dorm account
I have received the funds this morning. Took 7 working days
Re: Fallen 100-Year-Old Tree In Oyo Rises Again, Pulls Crowd (Pictures) by NubaVertigo(m): 10:02pm On Oct 08, 2021
samwillyco1:
There is still hope for NIGERIA and fallen BREAST to rise Again

There is still hope for the Western part. This has nothing to do with Nigeria lol

1 Like

Re: Fallen 100-Year-Old Tree In Oyo Rises Again, Pulls Crowd (Pictures) by NubaVertigo(m): 10:09pm On Oct 08, 2021
Youtube video of something similar happening elsewhere:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26Uk_0d0Vis
Re: Fallen 100-Year-Old Tree In Oyo Rises Again, Pulls Crowd (Pictures) by bola4dprec(m): 9:06pm On Oct 09, 2021
RapistOnBail:
I usually get mine in 3 days
Which Bank and from which country

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Human Face In Awube Stream, Benue State (Photos) / Myth or Reality: Yoruba is closer to the Edos culturally than the East is. / Meet Pastor Ivie Emiko - The Wife Of New Olu Of Warri - Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.