Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,762 members, 7,817,105 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:52 AM

Could This Be Why Ronaldo Is Nicknamed “Penaldo”? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Could This Be Why Ronaldo Is Nicknamed “Penaldo”? (1389 Views)

Is Cristiano Penaldo Truly The GOAT Of Football? / Mythbuster: 'penaldo'! Are Most Of Cristiano's Goals Spot-kicks? / Truly Penaldo? See How Cristiano Ronaldo Broke Penalty Record In CL- Truegossip (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Could This Be Why Ronaldo Is Nicknamed “Penaldo”? by Contango(m): 1:37pm On Oct 07, 2021
Ronaldo:
Number of career goals: 748
Number of career goals less penalties: 651

Messi:
Number of career goals: 711
Number of goals less penalties: 652

Source:
https://www.messivsronaldo.app/detailed-stats/goals-without-penalties/

https://messivsronaldo.net/all-time-stats/

Cc: lalasticlala, semid4lyfe, honeric01

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Could This Be Why Ronaldo Is Nicknamed “Penaldo”? by ElasticStone(m): 1:44pm On Oct 07, 2021
Contango:
Ronaldo:
Number of career goals: 748
Number of career goals less penalties: 651

Messi:
Number of career goals: 711
Number of goals less penalties: 652

Source:
https://www.messivsronaldo.app/detailed-stats/goals-without-penalties/

https://messivsronaldo.net/all-time-stats/

Cc: lalasticlala, semid4lyfe, honeric01

Yes actually. grin

Cc: jokerman, obembet, fergie001
Re: Could This Be Why Ronaldo Is Nicknamed “Penaldo”? by ElasticStone(m): 1:46pm On Oct 07, 2021
They are coming to derail this thread in 3…2…1…

1 Like

Re: Could This Be Why Ronaldo Is Nicknamed “Penaldo”? by BlackHummer(m): 1:49pm On Oct 07, 2021
Na wa o. I thought you were actually just trolling. This shit is real cheesy

Then what are Ronaldo fan boys really being noisy about? Chai
Re: Could This Be Why Ronaldo Is Nicknamed “Penaldo”? by fergie001: 1:49pm On Oct 07, 2021
Legends of the game......Great guys.

1 Like

Re: Could This Be Why Ronaldo Is Nicknamed “Penaldo”? by BlackHummer(m): 1:50pm On Oct 07, 2021
ElasticStone:

Yes actually. grin

True actually

Re: Could This Be Why Ronaldo Is Nicknamed “Penaldo”? by Contango(m): 1:53pm On Oct 07, 2021
BlackHummer:

LMAO

I heard Messi even has more career non penalty hat tricks than Ronaldo. Will search for a web link that corroborates this.

2 Likes

Re: Could This Be Why Ronaldo Is Nicknamed “Penaldo”? by Contango(m): 1:54pm On Oct 07, 2021
:
ElasticStone:
They are coming to derail this thread in 3…2…1…

I no like wahala o. Let them feel free to do as they please cheesy

1 Like

Re: Could This Be Why Ronaldo Is Nicknamed “Penaldo”? by Mirawonder007(m): 5:03pm On Oct 07, 2021
Lmao
Re: Could This Be Why Ronaldo Is Nicknamed “Penaldo”? by ElasticStone(m): 7:24pm On Oct 07, 2021
BlackHummer:

Because they are shallow and always fail to see the picture.
Re: Could This Be Why Ronaldo Is Nicknamed “Penaldo”? by OJEEMAH(m): 8:00pm On Oct 07, 2021
Not surprised.......Who wins Golden Boot with 60% penalties??
MODs will ensure this thread does not make front page

1 Like

Re: Could This Be Why Ronaldo Is Nicknamed “Penaldo”? by Betensure: 9:42pm On Oct 07, 2021
It’s because his Favorite tea is PenalTea
Re: Could This Be Why Ronaldo Is Nicknamed “Penaldo”? by ElasticStone(m): 9:46pm On Oct 07, 2021
OJEEMAH:

Aswear. More than half were penalties.

There should be a law that golden boot shouldn’t be awarded if penalty goals exceed 40% angry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Could This Be Why Ronaldo Is Nicknamed “Penaldo”? by ojaysam25(m): 10:21pm On Oct 07, 2021
messi ahead of ronaldo with just 1 non penalty goal. But the way pessi fans are raving about it one might think ronaldo had 500 more. Was it not the same penalty they were all commending messi for in the champion league last season when he scores 5goals in which all are penalties. When ronaldo scores its penaldo when messi scores its paneka penalty.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Could This Be Why Ronaldo Is Nicknamed “Penaldo”? by Numerouno94(m): 10:22pm On Oct 07, 2021
ElasticStone:

There should be a law that golden boot shouldn’t be awarded if penalty goals exceed 40% angry

Hahahahaha. They will come for ur head now. grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Could This Be Why Ronaldo Is Nicknamed “Penaldo”? by Numerouno94(m): 10:25pm On Oct 07, 2021
OJEEMAH:
Jux ignore those moderators, taking it to the frontpage or not won't take anything away from Messi.

Hw fr boss.

1 Like

Re: Could This Be Why Ronaldo Is Nicknamed “Penaldo”? by OJEEMAH(m): 10:29pm On Oct 07, 2021
Numerouno94:

Jux ignore those moderators, taking it to the frontpage or not won't take anything away from Messi.

Hw fr boss.
very bias set of people and they no dey hide am sef.

I dey fine bros....... What's up with you?

Thierryjay, where at thou??

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Could This Be Why Ronaldo Is Nicknamed “Penaldo”? by OJEEMAH(m): 10:30pm On Oct 07, 2021
ElasticStone:

grin grin
Re: Could This Be Why Ronaldo Is Nicknamed “Penaldo”? by ojaysam25(m): 10:32pm On Oct 07, 2021
ElasticStone:

Re: Could This Be Why Ronaldo Is Nicknamed “Penaldo”? by Numerouno94(m): 10:41pm On Oct 07, 2021
OJEEMAH:
very bias set of people and they no dey hide am sef.

I dey fine bros....... What's up with you?

Thierryjay, where at thou??

Hahahahah @bolded. grin grin. Bro if u critically luk at Nigeria nd her citizens u will come to the fact that we actually deserve the kinda leaders we have. The leaders re the mirror of the society. We complain of our leaders being corrupt nd bias buh we do exactly the same in our own little offices. Don't b surprised wen same mods will b complaining of Buhari's loopsided appointed nd bias. I knw one particular moderator we sabi carry Ronaldo news go frontpage like breeze buh i no go mention him name.

It's bn a while i saw Thierryjay's comment.
Re: Could This Be Why Ronaldo Is Nicknamed “Penaldo”? by Numerouno94(m): 10:42pm On Oct 07, 2021
ojaysam25:

cheesy
What of messi that won copa golden boot with 50% penalties? grin

When? What year was that?
Re: Could This Be Why Ronaldo Is Nicknamed “Penaldo”? by OJEEMAH(m): 10:43pm On Oct 07, 2021
ojaysam25:

cheesy
What of messi that won copa golden boot with 50% penalties? grin
That's not true. He scored 2 free kicks, 1 PK and his usual looping.

1 Like

Re: Could This Be Why Ronaldo Is Nicknamed “Penaldo”? by OJEEMAH(m): 10:53pm On Oct 07, 2021
Numerouno94:

Hahahahah @bolded. grin grin. Bro if u critically luk at Nigeria nd her citizens u will come to the fact that we actually deserve the kinda leaders we have. The leaders re the mirror of the society. We complain of our leaders being corrupt nd biase buh we do exactly the same in our own little offices. Don't b surprised wen same mods will b complaining of Buhari's loopsided appointed nd biase. I knw one particular moderator we sabi carry Ronaldo news go frontpage like breeze buh i no go mention him name.

It's bn a while i saw Thierryjay's comment.
At the bolded, na the perfect explanation be that.......no difference between our leaders and NL MODs. Same people blames Buhari for not respecting Federal Character but still go ahead to give Ronaldo's thread huge priority even though CR7 & Messi deserve to be respected and treated equally.

1 Like

Re: Could This Be Why Ronaldo Is Nicknamed “Penaldo”? by Numerouno94(m): 11:08pm On Oct 07, 2021
OJEEMAH:
At the bolded, na the perfect explanation be that.......no difference between our leaders and NL MODs. Same people blames Buhari for not respecting Federal Character but still go ahead to give Ronaldo's thread huge priority even though CR7 & Messi deserve to be respected and treated equally.

Swears bro. I was surprised Messi's ucl goal of the week news never made it to the frontpage buh that same day a guy wrote an article attacking Messi nd b4 i culd say Jack it was on frontpage.

If u wanna make frontpage jux draft an article insulting Messi nd see how it will grace the frontpage wit a speed of light. The prejudice against Messi is too obvious. Well let's wait till December nd see if some moderators won't gulp some sniper.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Could This Be Why Ronaldo Is Nicknamed “Penaldo”? by Numerouno94(m): 11:14pm On Oct 07, 2021
OJEEMAH:

I'm not even talking abt the gross misuse of power some of them exhibit. A guy was banned for 40yrs ban jux last week. He was told his ban will expire by 2061. Men this na story for another day. grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Could This Be Why Ronaldo Is Nicknamed “Penaldo”? by Contango(m): 11:15pm On Oct 07, 2021
ojaysam25:
[s]Ronaldo ahead of messi with just 1 non penalty goal[/s]. But the way pessi fans are raving about it one might think ronaldo had 500 more. Was it not the same penalty they were all commending messi for in the champion league last season when he scores 5goals in which all are penalties. When ronaldo scores its penaldo when messi scores its paneka penalty.

Actually, it is Messi that is ahead with 1 non penalty goal
Re: Could This Be Why Ronaldo Is Nicknamed “Penaldo”? by Contango(m): 11:21pm On Oct 07, 2021
ElasticStone:

This might look like a joke but you actually have a point.

Lets say two hypothetical players exist. One scores 10 penalties making him top scorer for a particular league, and the second player, the runner up has say 7 goals consisting of 4 out of the 18 yard shot goals, 2 free kicks and 1 in tap in. It would be grossly unfair to the runner up of the golden boot were given to the 10 penalties player just simply because he has more goals. I actually feel golden boot award should be reviewed to offer some level of down grade on penalty goals. They could say 3 penalties = 1 non penalty goal or thereabout.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Could This Be Why Ronaldo Is Nicknamed “Penaldo”? by OJEEMAH(m): 11:39pm On Oct 07, 2021
Numerouno94:

Swears bro. I was surprised Messi's ucl goal of the week news never made it to the frontpage buh that same day a guy wrote an article attacking Messi nd b4 i culd say Jack it was on frontpage.
I won't mention names but have you also noticed, some persons thread rarely hit ten comments before its moved to FP??
If u wanna make frontpage jux draft an article insulting Messi nd see how it will grace the frontpage wit a speed of light. The prejudice against Messi is too obvious. Well let's wait till December nd see if some moderators won't gulp some sniper.
and also post a thread that massages the ego of Ronaldo fanboys

1 Like

Re: Could This Be Why Ronaldo Is Nicknamed “Penaldo”? by OJEEMAH(m): 11:40pm On Oct 07, 2021
Numerouno94:

I'm not even talking abt the gross misuse of power some of them exhibit. A guy was banned for 40yrs ban jux last week. He was told his ban will expire by 2061. Men this na story for another day. grin grin
grin grin

That MOD deserve 600years

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Could This Be Why Ronaldo Is Nicknamed “Penaldo”? by OJEEMAH(m): 11:41pm On Oct 07, 2021
Contango:

and with fewer games
Re: Could This Be Why Ronaldo Is Nicknamed “Penaldo”? by JohnnyPalmer: 11:57pm On Oct 07, 2021
Contango:

With less than 140+ games

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ping Pong (Table Tennis) Training Videos / Photo Of Nigeria's Goalkeeper Vincent Enyeama 'chilling' During The Match / Neymar, Messi & Suarez In Unstoppable Form

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.