Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,903 members, 7,821,144 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:55 AM

What Was The First Dish You Learnt To Cook? (Pic) - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / What Was The First Dish You Learnt To Cook? (Pic) (3480 Views)

Lady Cooked Rubbish When Asked To Cook For The Family (Photos) / "I Bought Plastic Fake Fish That Refused To Cook" - Man / See 4 Of The Easiest Foods To Cook (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Was The First Dish You Learnt To Cook? (Pic) by breadplanets(f): 5:32pm On Oct 29, 2021
mariahAngel:

Hahahahahahahahahahaha
You ehn? I ga wudi onye aghirigha! grin

Lalasticlala come o! cheesy
ha si na m nyere nsogbu grin
Re: What Was The First Dish You Learnt To Cook? (Pic) by mariahAngel(f): 6:08pm On Oct 29, 2021
breadplanets:
ha si na m nyere nsogbu grin

O no gi n'ahu! grin

1 Like

Re: What Was The First Dish You Learnt To Cook? (Pic) by Kobojunkie: 6:12pm On Oct 29, 2021
My first was village jollof rice using palm oil, onions, sliced tomatoes. Maggie and salt. It was all mushy bit it tasted divine undecided

1 Like

Re: What Was The First Dish You Learnt To Cook? (Pic) by Assumptabeke(f): 7:42am On Oct 30, 2021
My first food was spaghetti. I was about 13/14 then....God! That was the worst meal I have ever made. My dad told my mom never to allow me enter the kitchen again. He also advised me to concentrate on my book, so that, I can have enough money to hire cooks when I am older. Lol!
Na eba spaghetti I cook that day....LMAO
I later prepared one sharp okro soup to redeem my image in the house. grin grin grin grin
Re: What Was The First Dish You Learnt To Cook? (Pic) by mariahAngel(f): 2:49pm On May 21, 2022
Munzy14:

Don't be too smart biko...

What happened? cheesy O wu maka ndi kpoga gi bro grin grin..

You know if there was a reason, m ga a gwa gi. cheesy

Even Adanne angel o nwekwaranu F?

It matters o..unless i chohu i gwa m the Inspiration behind it..

Mgbe ahu it was looking like three bear's case of genderless..until he later added M grin grin

Weird somebody.

Nke ahu e nwehu o. cheesy

Speaking of that one, the ban expires tomorrow, and I have a lot of mentions on it to reply. Especially on that my egg thread.
I'm having fun with this one though.

Nke three bears ahu kariri o. Even I couldn't figure out the gender. cheesy
Re: What Was The First Dish You Learnt To Cook? (Pic) by tranxo(m): 9:35am On Jun 25, 2022
Started toasting bread (with a spread of butter) in the oven from around age 5/7. Proceeded to frying plantain a year or two later.

Raised by a wonderful mother that taught me the perfect end result for both is GOLDEN DELICIOUS smiley wink

2 Likes

Re: What Was The First Dish You Learnt To Cook? (Pic) by poshestmina(f): 11:06am On Jun 25, 2022
Mine was 'Jaaallof' grin grin grin.
Came back from school and there was no food at home , my kid brother and I were so hungry.

There was small left over stew , added crayfish(without grinding), pepper , palm oil, onions , excess Maggie, salt and Rice.
It came out nice (to me and my bro) but the Rice was too much ,didn't measure it . grin grin grin grin.

My mum came back in the night to meet a big pot of rice. grin grin grin grin grin.enough to feed 10 adults.

She flogged 'shege ' out of me for"wasting her ingredients" and I honestly felt the food would impress her oh , would have trashed it embarassed.

Me and my younger brother ate that rice for days /weeks grin grin grin grin grin grin grin.
Was so ashamed of the rice , especially when I took it to school ,i'd hide under the locker to eat it, so my classmates won't see the food. grin grin.

I was about 8/9.

2 Likes

Re: What Was The First Dish You Learnt To Cook? (Pic) by Mariangeles(f): 1:51pm On Jun 25, 2022
poshestmina:
Mine was 'Jaaallof' grin grin grin.
Came back from school and there was no food at home , my kid brother and I were so hungry.

There was small left over stew , added crayfish(without grinding), pepper , palm oil, onions , excess Maggie, salt and Rice.
It came out nice (to me and my bro) but the Rice was too much ,didn't measure it . grin grin grin grin.

My mum came back in the night to meet a big pot of rice. grin grin grin grin grin.enough to feed 10 adults.

She flogged 'shege ' out of me for"wasting her ingredients" and I honestly felt the food would impress her oh , would have trashed it embarassed.

Me and my younger brother ate that rice for days /weeks grin grin grin grin grin grin grin.
Was so ashamed of the rice , especially when I took it to school ,i'd hide under the locker to eat it, so my classmates won't see the food. grin grin.

I was about 8/9.

This was so funny! grin

I can imagine how you guaged the quantity of the uncooked rice, using cooked rice as a measure. cheesy

1 Like

Re: What Was The First Dish You Learnt To Cook? (Pic) by poshestmina(f): 3:45pm On Jun 25, 2022
Mariangeles:

This was so funny! grin

I can imagine how you guaged the quantity uncooked rice, using cooked rice as a measure. cheesy

I tell you.Worst part was,the food ‘refused’ to finish .The more we ate and the more it was getting.
Kai!!! grin grin grin grin.
Good memories.

4 Likes

Re: What Was The First Dish You Learnt To Cook? (Pic) by Mariangeles(f): 3:57pm On Jun 25, 2022
poshestmina:

I tell you.Worst part was,the food ‘refused’ to finish .The more we ate and the more it was getting.
Kai!!! grin grin grin grin.
Good memories.

I trust mothers. You must finish that food.
No waste! Kikikikikikikikikikiki grin
Re: What Was The First Dish You Learnt To Cook? (Pic) by gloryhomemaker(f): 2:02pm On Jul 26, 2022
Concotion rice grin

1 Like

Re: What Was The First Dish You Learnt To Cook? (Pic) by debbydams(f): 11:02am On Jul 28, 2022
Fried rice, I was 12 den

1 Like

Re: What Was The First Dish You Learnt To Cook? (Pic) by DiomaKitchen: 2:39pm On Jul 28, 2022
I cant really remember, its between porridge yam and stew but the first soup i made was okra soup and i forgot to put maggi grin. It was my dad that called me and asked me did i forget anything in the soup after he had eaten it, that was when i remembered that i forgot maggi cheesy cheesy had to go and put the and recook the soup..
Re: What Was The First Dish You Learnt To Cook? (Pic) by Aimerosa25(f): 10:30pm On Jul 30, 2022
Jollof rice
Re: What Was The First Dish You Learnt To Cook? (Pic) by tranxo(m): 5:21pm On Aug 27, 2022
Toasting bread with butter circa age 7.
Re: What Was The First Dish You Learnt To Cook? (Pic) by Mom007(f): 5:49pm On Aug 30, 2022
Stew. I was 8.
Re: What Was The First Dish You Learnt To Cook? (Pic) by ciro11(m): 8:20pm On Aug 30, 2022
The first food I prepared was rice and stew, I was around 8 or 9 yrs old and my mom was really sick so I had to prepare food that day for my siblings. The stew tasted horrible!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Mystery Of Metal In Beans And Jollof Rice. / 7 Strange Food Phobias You Might Have Without Even Knowing It / Best Chicken Recipe, How To Properly Marinate And Boil Your Chicken For Rice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.