Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,241 members, 7,818,824 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:57 AM

Tecno Camon 18 Premier Review - Gimbal Camera or Gimmick? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Tecno Camon 18 Premier Review - Gimbal Camera or Gimmick? (2669 Views)

Pictures From TECNO CAMON 18 SHORT Film Festival & Awards In Lagos / Live Photos From TECNO Camon 18 Launch In Lagos / Specifications: TECNO Camon 18 Will Offer Triple Camera And 5x Optical Zoom (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tecno Camon 18 Premier Review - Gimbal Camera or Gimmick? by 3zaza3: 6:58pm On Oct 07, 2021

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQH_YYF5QCo

The Tecno Camon 18 Premier is the highest of the just released devices by Tecno Mobile. The Camon 18P and Camon 18 are the more affordable options. The Tecno Camon 18 Premier is priced at ₦182,00. For that price you get 8GB of RAM and 256GB of internal storage, 120hz AMOLED display, powered by the Mediatek Helio G96, and it boasts a gimbal camera system. With the Camon 18 Premier Tecno has promised Android 12 upgrade, a first from the brand.
This is a full and detailed review of the Tecno Camon 18 Premier including a detailed camera test.
Re: Tecno Camon 18 Premier Review - Gimbal Camera or Gimmick? by Shuregirl: 8:00pm On Oct 07, 2021
Na Gimbal camera na, for steady videos
Re: Tecno Camon 18 Premier Review - Gimbal Camera or Gimmick? by selfdefence: 8:57pm On Oct 07, 2021
I will really love to experience the gimbal camera of this phone
Re: Tecno Camon 18 Premier Review - Gimbal Camera or Gimmick? by atheistandproud(m): 10:09pm On Oct 07, 2021
It's either you steady your hands or you get a tripod /gimbal.
Re: Tecno Camon 18 Premier Review - Gimbal Camera or Gimmick? by Blastedholligan: 8:00am On Oct 08, 2021
3zaza3:

The Tecno Camon 18 Premier is the highest of the just released devices by Tecno Mobile. The Camon 18P and Camon 18 are the more affordable options. The Tecno Camon 18 Premier is priced at ₦182,00. For that price you get 8GB of RAM and 256GB of internal storage, 120hz AMOLED display, powered by the Mediatek Helio G96, and it boasts a gimbal camera system. With the Camon 18 Premier Tecno has promised Android 12 upgrade, a first from the brand.
This is a full and detailed review of the Tecno Camon 18 Premier including a detailed camera test.
what do you mean by gimbal camera?
Re: Tecno Camon 18 Premier Review - Gimbal Camera or Gimmick? by Freelancerx: 10:22am On Oct 08, 2021
Blastedholligan:
what do you mean by gimbal camera?
check the video out
Re: Tecno Camon 18 Premier Review - Gimbal Camera or Gimmick? by Freelancerx: 10:32am On Oct 08, 2021
atheistandproud:
So if the hands are not steady, are you saying the 'gimbal' mode of the camera will not work?
Re: Tecno Camon 18 Premier Review - Gimbal Camera or Gimmick? by atheistandproud(m): 12:09pm On Oct 08, 2021
Freelancerx:
So if the hands are not steady, are you saying the 'gimbal' mode of the camera will not work?

Yes my brother.

People tend to get carried away with adverts and it's bad. The OIS + EIS na for mild shakes.

If na people when dey shake like who get Parkinson's...then the OIS is useless.

This is because smartphones are small and so are the 6-axis gyroscopes inside them that are used for stabilization.

Personally, OIS is not a deal breaker for me, I have a steady hand. Image/video processing power is the deal breaker.

I would rather have a superior sensor/ISP and buy a tripod or gimbal for it, than to have an inferior sensor/ISP with OIS.

I don handle Galaxy A52 and I have seen videos of the Zero X Pro. The OIS hype is blown out of proportion.

2 Likes

Re: Tecno Camon 18 Premier Review - Gimbal Camera or Gimmick? by NightFood: 12:12pm On Oct 08, 2021
atheistandproud:
or you get the camon 18 premier abi? grin
Re: Tecno Camon 18 Premier Review - Gimbal Camera or Gimmick? by Freelancerx: 12:14pm On Oct 08, 2021
atheistandproud:

Yes my brother.

People tend to get carried away with adverts and it's bad. The OIS + EIS na for mild shakes.

If na people when dey shake like who get Parkinson's...then the OIS is useless.

This is because smartphones are small and so are the 6-axis gyroscopes inside them that are used for stabilization.

Personally, OIS is not a deal breaker for me, I have steady hand. Image/video processing power is the deal breaker.

I would rather have a superior sensor/ISP and but a tripod or gimbal for it, than to have an inferior sensor/ISP with OIS.

I don handle Galaxy A52 and I have seen videos of the Zero X Pro. The OIS hype is blown out of proportion.
I see! But then it does not mean it will not work if its little shake of the hand. But ultimately the tripod or gimbal will still come in handy anyway

1 Like

Re: Tecno Camon 18 Premier Review - Gimbal Camera or Gimmick? by atheistandproud(m): 12:14pm On Oct 08, 2021
NightFood:
or you get the camon 18 premier abi? grin

grin grin grin grin

No oh...

I'd buy a cheaper 64MP camera device and use my tripod as the OIS.
Re: Tecno Camon 18 Premier Review - Gimbal Camera or Gimmick? by atheistandproud(m): 12:17pm On Oct 08, 2021
Freelancerx:
I see! But then it does not mean it will not work if its little shake of the hand. But ultimately the tripod or gimbal will still come in handy anyway

Exactly. You get my point.

Na for those tiny shakes when dey occur. It's going to work perfectly in those situations. You will not notice that the video shake sef.

But anything more than that. Gbese re oh.

1 Like

Re: Tecno Camon 18 Premier Review - Gimbal Camera or Gimmick? by Freelancerx: 7:41pm On Oct 16, 2021
atheistandproud:

Exactly. You get my point.

Na for those tiny shakes when dey occur. It's going to work perfectly in those situations. You will not notice that the video shake sef.

But anything more than that. Gbese re oh.
what's your honest opinion on the phone?
Re: Tecno Camon 18 Premier Review - Gimbal Camera or Gimmick? by atheistandproud(m): 8:27pm On Oct 16, 2021
Freelancerx:
what's your honest opinion on the phone?

A good midrange phone.

Can compete with most upper midrange devices in it's class but as always with Transsion, it is overpriced.

Yes Naira don fall...

But if other competitors are selling Snapdragon 720G/732G and Dimensity 700 5G devices for less than 160k then this phone is overpriced.

There are more affordable options on the market unless of course, you're a diehard fan.

3 Likes

Re: Tecno Camon 18 Premier Review - Gimbal Camera or Gimmick? by Freelancerx: 9:54pm On Oct 16, 2021
atheistandproud:

A good midrange phone.

Can compete with most upper midrange devices in it's class but as always with Transsion, it is overpriced.

Yes Naira don fall...

But if other competitors are selling Snapdragon 720G/732G and Dimensity 700 5G devices for less than 160k then this phone is overpriced.

There are more affordable options on the market unless of course, you're a diehard fan.
Thank you

1 Like

Re: Tecno Camon 18 Premier Review - Gimbal Camera or Gimmick? by Niswayne19: 6:06pm On Oct 17, 2021
Cool review
Re: Tecno Camon 18 Premier Review - Gimbal Camera or Gimmick? by Blastedholligan: 7:49pm On Oct 17, 2021
Nice review. You did a great job
Re: Tecno Camon 18 Premier Review - Gimbal Camera or Gimmick? by hoilakes(m): 8:18pm On Oct 17, 2021
Content creators will enjoy this device
Re: Tecno Camon 18 Premier Review - Gimbal Camera or Gimmick? by shedy03(m): 8:52pm On Oct 17, 2021
atheistandproud:

U are quite right.
Re: Tecno Camon 18 Premier Review - Gimbal Camera or Gimmick? by Sunkanmiwise(m): 7:07pm On Oct 23, 2021
Another well manufactured device from TECNO MOBILE
Re: Tecno Camon 18 Premier Review - Gimbal Camera or Gimmick? by Fonjewel0(f): 4:32pm On Oct 24, 2021
Ya, that's very true. Recently seen a post for content creators and videographers to send in a 3 min short film video telling a story.

I can imagine what magic Camon18 Premier will do....

hoilakes:
Content creators will enjoy this device
Re: Tecno Camon 18 Premier Review - Gimbal Camera or Gimmick? by Kakadancefreak(f): 6:38pm On Oct 24, 2021
Am gonna give it a try with my Camon18 gimbal camera.

I know I stand a chance with that beast of a device. shocked

Fonjewel0:
Ya, that's very true. Recently seen a post for content creators and videographers to send in a 3 min short film video telling a story.

I can imagine what magic Camon18 Premier will do....

Re: Tecno Camon 18 Premier Review - Gimbal Camera or Gimmick? by Yinksy09(m): 6:41pm On Oct 24, 2021
The Gimbal camera feature is actually worth it.
Re: Tecno Camon 18 Premier Review - Gimbal Camera or Gimmick? by Wanni25(f): 6:58pm On Oct 24, 2021
Definitely a gimbal camera.......
Re: Tecno Camon 18 Premier Review - Gimbal Camera or Gimmick? by Idarachris84: 7:27pm On Oct 24, 2021
Nice review!
Re: Tecno Camon 18 Premier Review - Gimbal Camera or Gimmick? by Corroro: 10:47pm On Oct 24, 2021
The gimbal feature on this camera is second to none
Re: Tecno Camon 18 Premier Review - Gimbal Camera or Gimmick? by Corroro: 10:48pm On Oct 24, 2021
atheistandproud:
why get a gimbal when you have the camon 18 series that has it pre installed
Re: Tecno Camon 18 Premier Review - Gimbal Camera or Gimmick? by Jimgym(m): 12:02am On Oct 25, 2021
Although i haven't experienced this gimbal feature, it sounds and looks great. I will rather wait to have a first hand experience of the phone.
Re: Tecno Camon 18 Premier Review - Gimbal Camera or Gimmick? by Kayconcept2(m): 2:35am On Oct 25, 2021
I will to get this phone and experience it's functioning features
Re: Tecno Camon 18 Premier Review - Gimbal Camera or Gimmick? by skywalker240(m): 6:39am On Oct 25, 2021
Rubbish brand with old fashioned 12nm chip

Expect a thread with the definition of Gimbal Gimbal soon grin
Re: Tecno Camon 18 Premier Review - Gimbal Camera or Gimmick? by Eyanbahose: 8:06am On Oct 25, 2021
3zaza3:

i had the opportunity to of hold in this phone and I must confess it's a beautiful to behold, inclusive of the feel
Re: Tecno Camon 18 Premier Review - Gimbal Camera or Gimmick? by Eyanbahose: 8:07am On Oct 25, 2021
Wanni25:
Definitely a gimbal camera.......
im telling you

(1) (2) (Reply)

Zain Gprs Activation Here Now! / How To By-pass Android Device Security Lock Pattern And Unlock Your Device / Umidigi A5 Pro For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.