Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,160 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:02 AM

Sanwo-Olu Grants Reduction Of Fines For Traffic Offenders - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sanwo-Olu Grants Reduction Of Fines For Traffic Offenders (12637 Views)

2nd Niger Bridge Opens For Traffic February 2022 - FG / SERAP, 261 Others Sue NBC, Seek Overturn Of Fines On Channels, AIT, Arise TV / Fines For Traffic Offenders: LASTMA Clarifies Position On Appeal Court Ruling (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sanwo-Olu Grants Reduction Of Fines For Traffic Offenders by Parizz: 7:30pm On Oct 07, 2021
The Governor of Lagos State, Babajide Sanwo-Olu, has granted a reduction of fines for traffic offenders in the state.
This was disclosed on Thursday by the state government via an official statement titled, ‘Remorseful traffic offenders get Sanwo-olu’s clemency to pay reduced fines’.

According to the statement, the Governor met with some of the traffic offenders during an unscheduled visit to the holding facility of the Lagos State Environment and Special Offences Enforcement Unit (Task Force) in Alausa.

The purpose of the visit was to access the operation activities of the unit. However, some of the traffic offenders met with the Governor, pleading for him to intervene in their cases.

Despite reprimanding the traffic offenders, the Governor decided to grant them a reduction in the fines for their offences.

The statement quoted Sanwo-Olu as saying, “You all (offenders) have admitted to flouting traffic regulations and you are here because you don’t want to be arraigned for your offences in our mobile court.

“I have requested for the list of all vehicles in this facility and I will be meeting with the Task Force officers on it.

“We will still get judgement on your offences but we will grant you the opportunity for reduction in the fines to be paid.

“If I give you this opportunity, you must not be caught again for flouting the traffic rules. The laws are there and no one is above the law.

“I will intervene to reduce the fines for you and you must be remorseful. Anyone caught again would have his vehicle completely impounded. You must be law-abiding and respect the lives of our fellow citizens.”

https://punchng.com/sanwo-olu-grants-reduction-of-fines-for-traffic-offenders/

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-Olu Grants Reduction Of Fines For Traffic Offenders by Fahdiga(m): 7:32pm On Oct 07, 2021
Tinubu said so

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Sanwo-Olu Grants Reduction Of Fines For Traffic Offenders by omoadeleye(m): 8:11pm On Oct 07, 2021
The best thing is to continue increasing it.

Government should suppose to be generating more funds from offenders and suck repeated offenders dry financially..

5 Likes

Re: Sanwo-Olu Grants Reduction Of Fines For Traffic Offenders by psychologist(m): 8:11pm On Oct 07, 2021
2023 is around the corner

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sanwo-Olu Grants Reduction Of Fines For Traffic Offenders by feekman(m): 8:12pm On Oct 07, 2021
Okay
Re: Sanwo-Olu Grants Reduction Of Fines For Traffic Offenders by Prince001(m): 8:12pm On Oct 07, 2021
Fahdiga:
Tinubu said so

Yea cos election is on d way!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sanwo-Olu Grants Reduction Of Fines For Traffic Offenders by zoedew: 8:12pm On Oct 07, 2021
Why nah? IGR will be negatively affected. Speaking very seriously that is an untapped source of income for the Nigerian Government at the State, Local Government and Federal level.

4 Likes

Re: Sanwo-Olu Grants Reduction Of Fines For Traffic Offenders by BigDolph(m): 8:13pm On Oct 07, 2021
Governor of the year��

3 Likes

Re: Sanwo-Olu Grants Reduction Of Fines For Traffic Offenders by Patrioticman007(m): 8:13pm On Oct 07, 2021
The reduction is Too bad for the state development, for the theory of structural functionalism states" the need of having criminals & offenders in a society, so that police will have job to do & the fines will be used to develop the general society, the reduction of fine will grossly affect the development of the state.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Grants Reduction Of Fines For Traffic Offenders by Dapson73(m): 8:13pm On Oct 07, 2021
Sanwo-Olu my real Gee. I'm one of your mentee. Cherish your style

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sanwo-Olu Grants Reduction Of Fines For Traffic Offenders by PsalmzFraudstar(f): 8:14pm On Oct 07, 2021
Why would someone even contemplate violating the traffic rules endangering his life and that of others? I'll grade this as greed, selfishness and wickedness. I wish there were stiffer laws to reprimand those imbechile so that they can be patient next time.

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-Olu Grants Reduction Of Fines For Traffic Offenders by Oppy2k2: 8:14pm On Oct 07, 2021
I give this one to Pontius Pilate. He try well well.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Grants Reduction Of Fines For Traffic Offenders by Ezehillary(m): 8:15pm On Oct 07, 2021
Wahala be like sars e no dey finish
Re: Sanwo-Olu Grants Reduction Of Fines For Traffic Offenders by Lumig: 8:15pm On Oct 07, 2021
Why?
Hope the reduction will change the minds of traffic offenders cry
Re: Sanwo-Olu Grants Reduction Of Fines For Traffic Offenders by aryzgreat: 8:15pm On Oct 07, 2021
Nonsense angry
Re: Sanwo-Olu Grants Reduction Of Fines For Traffic Offenders by chinavs9ja(m): 8:15pm On Oct 07, 2021
Okay
Re: Sanwo-Olu Grants Reduction Of Fines For Traffic Offenders by psalmz(m): 8:15pm On Oct 07, 2021
Hope this is true
Re: Sanwo-Olu Grants Reduction Of Fines For Traffic Offenders by NOETHNICITY(m): 8:15pm On Oct 07, 2021
zoedew:
Why nah? IGR will be negatively affected. Speaking very seriously that is an untapped source of income for the Nigerian Government at the State and Federal level.
Exactly my nonsense, I was just about to type this,
Re: Sanwo-Olu Grants Reduction Of Fines For Traffic Offenders by NEIGHBOUR(m): 8:17pm On Oct 07, 2021
2023 loading. More people friendly policies to come. Our politicians eh!!!
Re: Sanwo-Olu Grants Reduction Of Fines For Traffic Offenders by CocoaOla: 8:18pm On Oct 07, 2021
Election
Re: Sanwo-Olu Grants Reduction Of Fines For Traffic Offenders by Authoreety: 8:19pm On Oct 07, 2021
No be small thing before o

Learnt it's also outrageous in delta state.. Okowa should do something abt it
Re: Sanwo-Olu Grants Reduction Of Fines For Traffic Offenders by ClassicMan202(m): 8:22pm On Oct 07, 2021
And you went in raw grin

Re: Sanwo-Olu Grants Reduction Of Fines For Traffic Offenders by olaniyilukman(m): 8:23pm On Oct 07, 2021
zoedew:
Why nah? IGR will be negatively affected. Speaking very seriously that is an untapped source of income for the Nigerian Government at the State and Federal level.
Exactly my brother, government is loosing billions of naira to this untapped source of revenue, Nigerians are known for flouting orders and disobeying laws, come and see the way our people used phone while on driving, you will think there is legal backup to that nonsense..
Re: Sanwo-Olu Grants Reduction Of Fines For Traffic Offenders by Lagosfinder(m): 8:29pm On Oct 07, 2021
Audio till it's being implemented
Re: Sanwo-Olu Grants Reduction Of Fines For Traffic Offenders by Sultty(m): 8:31pm On Oct 07, 2021
Lagosians ur landlord has spoken. Election is coming

(1) (2) (Reply)

FCT Minister Mohamed Renames Abuja’s Maitama As Goodluck Jonathan District / Road Users To Pay Multiple Taxes As Bill Awaits Senate's Approval / Government, Cleric Warn MURIC Against Causing Religious War In Osun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.