Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,620 members, 7,816,551 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:01 PM

"Who Is The Last Person On The Queue" Who Made This Phrase A Law? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "Who Is The Last Person On The Queue" Who Made This Phrase A Law? (553 Views)

Shettima Yerima: Tinubu Is The Last Person North Will Hand Over Power To / El-rufai Arrives Polling Unit, Joins The Queue As He Votes (photos) / Fela Durotoye Cautioning A ‘Big Man’ To Join The Queue At Abuja Airport (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

"Who Is The Last Person On The Queue" Who Made This Phrase A Law? by Charmingrascal(m): 8:13pm On Oct 07, 2021
So I went to an ATM point today to make a transaction, I was the fifth and the last person on the supposed queue (not properly organized) because we weren't that much, though I knew the people I met there so I didn't bother asking who the last person was, it is not in my habit to ask that question except in cases where there are too many people and the queue is not properly organized. I just stood and was waiting for all the people I met at the ATM to complete their transaction and leave so that I could do mine.
I was receiving a call when I noticed a lady coming and ask one guy who the last person was, the guy pointed to the next person before me (4th person).
The next person before me completed his transaction and I was about using the ATM when the said lady blocked me and said it was her turn because the person they told her was the last person just left.
I asked her "did you see me here when you came or not" her reply was that she saw me but since I didn't ask the people before me who the last person was and they didn't tell her I was on the queue, automatically I wasn't the next in line and she was going to finish her transaction before I could use the machine. By that time other people who came to use the machine were already queued behind us, two of the guys who were queued behind us said I was suppose to ask who the last person was and since I didn't ask I would have to allow her.
For the first time in years I got mad and really upset with that statement. We continued dragging the issue as I was fully ready for the trouble I haven't made in years. I stood my ground that she wouldn't use the machine before me infact I would prefer people that just came to use it instead and neither I nor she would use it.
The bank security came and we explained what happened, then another man came and asked the woman if she saw me when she came or not, her reply was in affirmative, " I saw him but they didn't tell me he was waiting to use the machine"
The man jokingly said to her you met him here and you said you didn't know he is going to use the machine, is he here to count the number of people using the machine or for sight seeing. (People laughed)

Then another person asked "who made it a law that you have to ask people at ATM point who the last person is when you have eyes and you know the people you meet".
After much back and forth for almost five minutes plus, I used the ATM before her even though some people asked me to allow her use it for peace to reign.
I refused and insisted that I would rather allow other people behind us to use it.

Normal normal in my usual manner I for allow her use the machine but today I follow Baba Fela style and I show them say "I nor be gentleman at all"

Now I want to ask Nairalanders, once you get to an ATM point or and know the people you meet on the queue, is it a necessity to ask who the last person is?

Moreover just like one man asked who made it a law that you have to ask people who the last person is at ATM points?

Maybe Lalasticlala or Mynd44 will know grin

Re: "Who Is The Last Person On The Queue" Who Made This Phrase A Law? by EzegeNdiigbo: 8:20pm On Oct 07, 2021
Na wa oh for people
Re: "Who Is The Last Person On The Queue" Who Made This Phrase A Law? by BlackZeus17: 8:22pm On Oct 07, 2021
This is exactly same thin I do..

What's d point of asking who d last person was when u already have the eye to see everyone that was there before u

1 Like

Re: "Who Is The Last Person On The Queue" Who Made This Phrase A Law? by Newton2024: 8:23pm On Oct 07, 2021
Charmingrascal:
So I went to an ATM point today to make a transaction, I was the fifth and the last person on the supposed queue (not properly organized) because we weren't that much, though I knew the people I met there so I didn't bother asking who the last person was, it is not in my habit to ask that question except in cases where there are too many people and the queue is not properly organized. I just stood and was waiting for all the people I met at the ATM to complete their transaction and leave so that I could do mine.
I was receiving a call when I noticed a lady coming and ask one guy who the last person was, the guy pointed to the next person before me (4th person).
The next person before me completed his transaction and as I was about using the ATM when the said lady blocked me and said it was her turn because the person they told her was the last person just left.
I asked her "did you see me here when you came or not" her reply was that she saw me but since I didn't ask the people before me who the last person was and they didn't tell her I was on the queue, automatically I wasn't the next in line and she was going to finish her transaction before I could use the machine. By that time other people who came to use the machine were already queued behind us, two of the guys who were queued behind us said I was suppose to ask who the last person was and since I didn't ask I would have to allow her.
For the first time in years I got mad and really upset with that statement. We continued dragging the issue as I was fully ready for the trouble I haven't made in years. I stood my ground that she wouldn't use the machine before me infact I would prefer people that just came to use it instead and neither I nor she would use it.
The bank security came and we explained what happened, then another man came and asked the woman if she saw me when she came or not, her reply was in affirmative, " I saw him but they didn't tell me he was waiting to use the machine"
The man jokingly said to her you met him here and you said you didn't know is he going to use the machine, is he here to count the number of people using the machine or for sight seeing. (People laughed)

Then another person asked "who made it a law that you have to ask people at ATM point who the last person is when you have eyes and you know the people you meet".
After much back and forth for almost five minutes plus, I used the ATM before her even though some people asked me to allow her use it for peace to reign.
I refused and insisted that I would rather allow other people behind us to use it.

Normal normal in my usual manner I for allow her use the machine but today I follow Baba Fela style and I show them say "I nor be gentleman at all"

Now I want to ask Nairalanders, once you get to an ATM point and know the people you meet on the queue, is it a necessity to ask who the last person is?

Moreover just like one man asked who made it a law that you have to ask people who the last person is at ATM points?
Who Is The Last Person On The Queue" Who Made This Phrase A Law?
Common sense
Re: "Who Is The Last Person On The Queue" Who Made This Phrase A Law? by Charmingrascal(m): 8:28pm On Oct 07, 2021
Newton2024:
Who Is The Last Person On The Queue" Who Made This Phrase A Law?
Common sense

I feel common sense should also tell you that anybody you meet on a queue is there for the same purpose why you are there
Re: "Who Is The Last Person On The Queue" Who Made This Phrase A Law? by OlujobaSamuel: 8:30pm On Oct 07, 2021
Lol, i don't bother myself asking such either.
Almost had similar issue last week ago.
I was on queue on a machine, the machine stopped dispensing for my card after making 4withdrawal, I switched to the next machine beside it, I wasn't ready for the stress of pleading with those on that queue to let me use the machine ahead of them since I arrived earlier, so I maintained my new rank on queue, a man later came to join the queue, when it was my turn, I tried to make use of the machine, the man said I'm not on queue that I'm standing in the middle of 2machines so I don't belong to any line, I just smiled and ignore him, it was people that answered him ask him if he no see me since wey e stand for back.

1 Like

Re: "Who Is The Last Person On The Queue" Who Made This Phrase A Law? by iluvdonjazzy: 11:13pm On Oct 07, 2021
You for tell am say na dat guy wey dey withdraw money for front na em be de last person on the queue.
Re: "Who Is The Last Person On The Queue" Who Made This Phrase A Law? by Nobody: 11:50pm On Oct 07, 2021
I always ask who's the last person on the queue...

That's how I was standing on queue already calculating when it would be my turn that's how two people just burst in front of me, what annoyed was that they came one by one, this one said "I'm in front of you" the girl in my front nodded and said it's true, it's the second person that made me lose my temper, this one too came "I'm in front of you" the person that just recently entered nodded, in my mind I'm like "You just recently entered how do I know your telling the truth?" to add insult to injury when I was trying to reason with them they just ignored me that's how I started yelling

I hate it when I get mad in public

(1) (Reply)

Pdp 2021: Judgement Delayed To Favour The Convention / Anambra Election: ZLP Candidate Congratulates Soludo,calls him "Your Excellency" / Nnamdi Kanu: Justice Binta B Nyako Sets To Recuse Herself from

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.